• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS) KINGDOM HEARTS Union X Final: Part 1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm excited to learn the mysteries of where the other darknesses turned up. It's safe to assume that the Riku on Xehanort's side in KH3 had one of the Darknesses within him, if we are to trust Maleficent's words about recognising a friend but unsure of from when and his unusual expulsion of darkness at the Keyblade Graveyard, and Vanitas is another. But both characters "died" so where would Darkness go?

And somehow one was around in Young Xehanort's time, the one behind the Queen of Hearts, so I'm interested to see how one wound up there (and still without a physical form?)

I'm keen for part 2 of the final to continue this story, giving us insight into what potentially we'll be facing in the next KH games.

NoWay

Awards
Do you think we’ll get some sort of a secret ending or a CG video which gives us a glimpse of what to expect (like the console games would do)?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I simply cannot fucking believe the medium that's being used to tell this story right now. Which is silly, it's not like they'd suddenly change gears and use 3D animation or make a movie, it'd be horrendous for the amount of space the app would take up.

I have been trying to catch up and understand Union X through cutscenes, but I keep getting that feeling where you read two pages of your textbook, and suddenly realize you weren't paying any attention. The story being told is actually really starting to cook, outside of some overly confusing (for me) stuff, but this flash-animation-looking 2D style is just.. Not grabbing me. COM on GBA worked for me, but for some reason, this makes my eyes glaze over.

Anyway, that Xigbar personality can be seen shining through Luxu every now and then.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I was so bummed Skuld didn't get a pod or No Name. Maybe in part 2. I haven't given up on her yet! Her time will come!

As for the conversations about Lauriam and Elrena's personality shifts, Elrena has literally not been in this series. For all we know she could have a mean streak that doesn't come out very often, but when she becomes a Nobody it becomes her dominate personality. When it comes to the Nobodies and their personalities from when they are human only the original Braig, Lea, BBS-Isa, and Aeleus feel like the same person as their Nobodies, before KH3 decided how they want them to act from now on. Everyone else either didn't get enough screen time to see before KH3, haven't been shown yet, or are basically different characters with fake/new personas. The Nobodies and Organization members have been changed so many times that they don't have a definitive lore anymore. I'm hoping Luxord and Demyx aren't drastically different characters whenever they show up again.

Chie

Awards
Elrena is perfect. These tiniest bits of dialogue already make me love Larxene so much more. I mean, that's one way to overcome feelings of worthlessness, right? Make a persona for yourself that is 100% dominant at all times. And then keep that up until you start to believe it. What a good girl who has never done anything wrong in her entire life

It's safe to assume that the Riku on Xehanort's side in KH3 had one of the Darknesses within him, if we are to trust Maleficent's words about recognising a friend but unsure of from when and his unusual expulsion of darkness at the Keyblade Graveyard
Oh man, I'm gonna feel good about there being something more to Dark Riku. His portrayal was one of many things in KH3 that I thought didn't quite add up, but that I wasn't sure whether I should keep thinking about.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm excited to learn the mysteries of where the other darknesses turned up. It's safe to assume that the Riku on Xehanort's side in KH3 had one of the Darknesses within him, if we are to trust Maleficent's words about recognising a friend but unsure of from when and his unusual expulsion of darkness at the Keyblade Graveyard, and Vanitas is another. But both characters "died" so where would Darkness go?
That is such a smart observation, kudos to you for noticing that. It would justify why he's labelled as Dark Riku.
That moment when the real Daybreak Town's arks and the KH method of time travel via leaving your body behind in general actually has roots in IRL physics

Nomura-san wins again. This is like the Brain/Blaine argument where something so ridiculous actually has a logical IRL reference.

Sorarocks93

Awards
You know, what if the reason Luxu summoned Ira, Gula, Aced and Invi was not because he and MoM need their help, but because they need vessels for the remaining 4 Darknesses that are running around, so they can have physical forms and be destroyed. Now I don't think MoM would be so twisted but it's not like we haven't seen what his plans can do...

Xagzan

Awards
From what I understood, 'Dark Riku' was only labelled so to remain ambiguous about his identity during KH3, because it wanted to misdirect us until the end. And calling him 'Riku Replica from the time when he thought he was the real Riku' would be a bit clunky. He ultimately was Repliku, and I don't think there's any mystery there.

I also had the thought that maybe Strelitzia is Subject X after all. Which would be a little disappointing cause it means that Skuld would remain along with Ephemer an expositor rather than a meaningful character. On the other hand, it'd be funny to see Axel and Saix's secret friend be the sister of the guy they betrayed.

Awards
I also had the thought that maybe Strelitzia is Subject X after all. Which would be a little disappointing cause it means that Skuld would remain along with Ephemer an expositor rather than a meaningful character. On the other hand, it'd be funny to see Axel and Saix's secret friend be the sister of the guy they betrayed.
Axel/Lea's character file specifies that Subject X has black hair.

Like, just cuz Skuld stays behind in this update specifically doesn't mean she'll stay behind in the next one.

After all, there's still one pod left, and the first secret report of KH3 mentions "four friends".

Chie

Awards
From what I understood, 'Dark Riku' was only labelled so to remain ambiguous about his identity during KH3, because it wanted to misdirect us until the end. And calling him 'Riku Replica from the time when he thought he was the real Riku' would be a bit clunky. He ultimately was Repliku, and I don't think there's any mystery there.
If that's really all there is to him, the misdirection was so much that absolutely everything about how he himself acted and Maleficent talked about him was all also only misdirection, and the part at the end of the game where he randomly starts saying "you're not me!" is the only part of his entire character that has any legitimate meaning. Which is itself a very underwhelming 'reveal' to have that much misdirection dedicated to it.

So the choice here to me is basically either "kh3 is not good" or "there's something more going on here". The former is possible, but it's also nice to take the story in good faith, i.e. assume that it's doing things for a reason, so I'm somewhat inclined to do that.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
You know, what if the reason Luxu summoned Ira, Gula, Aced and Invi was not because he and MoM need their help, but because they need vessels for the remaining 4 Darknesses that are running around, so they can have physical forms and be destroyed. Now I don't think MoM would be so twisted but it's not like we haven't seen what his plans can do...
If they need vessels then all they gotta do is get Replicas. We may need a lot if this whole "sleeping data Keyblade wielder world" thing is legit. Just put the Darkness's in Replicas, it's fine!
Axel/Lea's character file specifies that Subject X has black hair.

Like, just cuz Skuld stays behind in this update specifically doesn't mean she'll stay behind in the next one.

After all, there's still one pod left, and the first secret report of KH3 mentions "four friends".
Next update will reveal Ava with black hair. But seriously Subject X being anyone but Skuld at this moment will feel like a red herring. Unless she's one of Xehanort's Dark Road pals. The" four friends" happens because two of the group prank her and she unfriends them. I suspect Eraqus as one.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
That moment when the real Daybreak Town's arks and the KH method of time travel via leaving your body behind in general actually has roots in IRL physics

It's ironic that these concepts UX expands on that are actually grounded in reality (light-speed travel, copying/extracting data) are things that people have decided to take issue with. Like somehow they're more unbelievable than all the shit we've seen from the mainline series.

Xagzan

Awards
If that's really all there is to him, the misdirection was so much that absolutely everything about how he himself acted and Maleficent talked about him was all also only misdirection, and the part at the end of the game where he randomly starts saying "you're not me!" is the only part of his entire character that has any legitimate meaning. Which is itself a very underwhelming 'reveal' to have that much misdirection dedicated to it.

So the choice here to me is basically either "kh3 is not good" or "there's something more going on here". The former is possible, but it's also nice to take the story in good faith, i.e. assume that it's doing things for a reason, so I'm somewhat inclined to do that.

You're much more charitable than I am lol

But I wouldn't say it was all necessarily misdirection. Maleficent was simply referencing the fact that he was a time traveler, was how I took it. Also there were 12 other Org members who needed screen time, most of them more important than Dark Riku, so I'd say the direction they went for him was commensurate with his level of importance.

SweetYetSalty

Awards

And somehow one was around in Young Xehanort's time, the one behind the Queen of Hearts, so I'm interested to see how one wound up there (and still without a physical form?)

I'm keen for part 2 of the final to continue this story, giving us insight into what potentially we'll be facing in the next KH games.
Hmm, I wonder if they'll remember that Captain Hook had a darkness aura back in Days when he wanted his treasure, and that Axel and Roxas said there was something "off" about the guy in red. It happens in like all of Hook's cutscenes. It's technically the last Hook appears.

Awards
I've been thinking about Data Daybreak Town and how it goes to sleep, and I was wondering if the theory that the black box contains the 'key' to Data Daybreak Town has been put forward? At this point, it would make sense, as it would bridge KHUX with the future of the series.

Iustus

Awards
So, in the black box are the other remaining darknesses? Since Nomura stated im some interviews before he'd like to reveal whats inside.

And what about the traitor who "bears the sigil"? Could it now mean its the darkness or still referenced as "X"?

Subject X can only be Skuld, she is beside Xion the only character who has black hair in the series.

These are for me the biggest questions right now. How Ventus and so came to the future... Is not really important to me, I just wanna know what these Foretellers look like and why it has to be complicated like this mobile game mumbo-jumbo. Hope the next update has a real climax. And not just talking chibi figures talking to each other.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
As always, my biggest issue with KHUX is how they decided to spread out the content (and I just hate gatcha games in general). The plot has always been fascinating though I kinda wish this story was separate from the original Chi game (I appreciate when ancient history is written in stone, even if it's playable rather than ever changing like the current plot)

In a different world, this plot happening at the same time as Dark Road would've been interesting. Would even explain why Xehanort and Eraqus are so weird about Ven if they knew him previously and then 70 years in the future he shows up again with amnesia and looks no different than he did when they were children. (especially if they were present when he turned into a glow stick)

Hm. That would make a very interesting fanfic. I should write this down. All the main KHUX gang were in Scala instead.

Awards
It's ironic that these concepts UX expands on that are actually grounded in reality (light-speed travel, copying/extracting data) are things that people have decided to take issue with. Like somehow they're more unbelievable than all the shit we've seen from the mainline series.
They complain about how the series doesn't make sense with irl logic, then complain about stuff with roots in irl logic.

Meanwhile Metal Gear can have a whole buncha BS that people either are fine with being brushed off as nanomachines or are fine with it being BS.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Oookaaayy... There is A LOT to process:
• The Worlds plunging into Darkness since the era of Ansem's Apprentices has a new meaning: it's Darkness
• Formless Darkness makes them lose their will
• Darkness had form and then sacrificed it in order to win back when the MoM was younger
• Darkness still need a form, so it's the reason as to why they possess bodies
• Six Darkness remained after the War; there are five now; one is in the Data World and the other is speaking with Luxu in the Real World, meaning the other three are with the other one in the Data World
• Brain has an alternate method to save the Dandelions that stayed in the Data World
• Huh, Masters' Keeper stayed behind with Ephemer in the Data World... "It was meant to be yours" Brain told Ephemer, concerning the Masters' Keyblade. Could this be another Keyblade the MoM had a specific use for?
• So if Brain, Lauriam, Ventus and Elrena used the Pods, does this mean Subject X is Streritzia?

Speculation:
• the original Keyblade War was back during the MoM's era. Seven Guardians of Light and Thirteen Seekers of Darkness clashed out. The Seekers won the War because they sacrificed their humanoid form in order to spread easier and win, but at the sacrifice of losing will.
• The Pureblood Heartless are Seekers of Darkness that lost their will and turned more savage
• The requisite of sacrificing your body in order to travel through time seems similar to what Darkness did: sacrificed their form
• I think the Keyblade Masters created body hopping in order to counteract Darkness, like a: do what they do in order to beat 'em
• I presume the MoM's grand scheme has to do with keeping Darkness formless and then unleashing enough light to get rid of it, and said light has to do with nurturing the Dandelions

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a grim thought but all of Xehanort and Eraqus's friends ended up dead right? There were 4 of them....and there are 4 unaccounted darknesses. What if the 4 darkness managed to persist and took over their friends forcing Eraqus and Xehanort to kill them. No more darknesses but also no more friends and it would give them both a reason to take the extreme measures they did.
Unless they don't kill them off in Dark Road and rather reutilize them for future KH games in order to give Darkness several forms.

It's gonna be:

1. Six is a very peculiar number of Darknesses. You would expect seven, perhaps with a connection to the deadly sins. Obviously the Master of Masters is the seventh one. I believe they were originally the participants of the first Keyblace War, and MoM was the "winner" of it and the wielder of the χ-blade.
It isn't very peculiar when you take into consideration that six has been a pre utilized number before: six apprentices of Ansem and those same six founded Organization XIII. But I get your point. Also, Darkness did say that, after the Keyblade War, six remained. Maybe there were seven and only six survived? And the MoM can't be a Darkness: the MoM was too young during the Keyblade War. And if he were a Darkness, Darkness would have achnknowledged it by now
Wait, so if the data Daybreak Town was created to be a back up of the real Daybreak Town before the war happened and that it's being theorized in-game by the Dandelion leaders that Strelitzia and themselves have data versions, wouldn't that imply that there's data of everyone in Daybreak Town, including those that didn't end up being Dandelions?
I feel like Data Daybreak town having a copy of everyone is going to be a plot point that's going to be tied with the idea behind the Data Organization XIII.
Scala is the real Daybreak Town turned upside down. Keyblade Graveyard is a separate world, just like it is in BBS and KH3. I think what you are missing is, while the war took place only in KG, all the worlds were destroyed because of it. This was explained at the beginning of Dark Road, some of the worlds were still recovering from it at that time. We don't know for sure if it happened to Daybreak Town as well, but we do know that in went "Break" before being turned into Scala, and so far there is no better explanation for that.
The ancient structure that Master Xehanort elevates from the ground in the Keyblade Graveyard in KH3, I presume that's the world where the MoM came from and where the original Keyblade War happened.

Keep in mind we also see a Darkness manifest behind the Queen of Hearts in Dark Road. And I wouldn’t be surprised if DR goes in the direction of revealing multiple other instances of Darkness, which is what sets Xehanort off on his path.

This begs the question of whether Darkness will continue expanding and multiplying in the future, or whether what we see in DR is in fact one of the six Darknesses referenced here.
Good observation! Maybe this could be the Darkness that confronted Luxu? Or Darkness really did multiply?
Meanwhile Metal Gear can have a whole buncha BS that people either are fine with being brushed off as nanomachines or are fine with it being BS.
I hated that of Vamp. >:/

Back