• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILERS] KH3D theory on the new guy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudzack117

SO after watching the jump festa trailer i was wondering what incarnation of xehanort that was in the cloak. The obvious answer was that it is young MX from the opening of BBS, though he appears a lot shorter and skinnier than he did in that game. One theory I came up with involves Vanitas's apearance in the trailer. He is never actually seen walking up to sora with young mx, he just kind of appears right next to him. What I was thinking was that maybe this new incarnation of xehanort is actually vanitas. The first thing that comes to mind with this theory is the part of the BBS secret movie where MX and Terra are talking. MX says something about already having the seeds of his plan planted. What if mx did something to vanitas as sort of a fail safe if he couldnt make it? For those who have seen it this reminds me of the movie Batman Beyond:Return of the JOker [though im not going to spoil that movie because its fricking insane]. Also this theory kind of brings me back to when we were all theorizing what vanitas looked like and some people thought that he was a kid version of xehanort lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, I'm thinking Young Xehanort's words about Hearts was resonating with the other Heart in Sora (Ven) which made Vanitas "appear".

Lol, I used to RP as Terry McGinnis so I know all about BB and BB:RotJ.

As I said in another thread, I think this younger Xehanort is the 'something' that was left behind when MX released his heart. Nomura did say there was something and it would make sense for this to be it. His essence (body) could have went to sleep in RoS and has the appearance of his younger self there (just like Sora and Riku look younger). Maybe this version of Xehanort must be woken up in order to separate MX's heart from Terra.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
No, I'm thinking Young Xehanort's words about Hearts was resonating with the other Heart in Sora (Ven) which made Vanitas "appear".

Lol, I used to RP as Terry McGinnis so I know all about BB and BB:RotJ.

I like this. Also i thought of something else too that i'm not sure if it holds any ground but if that cloaked man that summons a huge DEater is Young X...in the next scene we see Sora looking really sleepy and falling.

I have 2 explanations for that. The drop system goes into effect or the hearts are resonating again.

blueheart

Bronze Member
As I said in another thread, I think this younger Xehanort is the 'something' that was left behind when MX released his heart. Nomura did say there was something and it would make sense for this to be it. His essence (body) could have went to sleep in RoS and has the appearance of his younger self there (just like Sora and Riku look younger). Maybe this version of Xehanort must be woken up in order to separate MX's heart from Terra.

Where was this?

If that's true, then this theory would make sense.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I like this. Also i thought of something else too that i'm not sure if it holds any ground but if that cloaked man that summons a huge DEater is Young X...in the next scene we see Sora looking really sleepy and falling.

I have 2 explanations for that. The drop system goes into effect or the hearts are resonating again.

I was thinking the Drop system was going into effect at the worst time ever xD sadly Sora is such an anomaly that we can't say it is that completely considering Xion, Rixas, and Ven had a habit of falling asleep because of their Heart and/or memories.

sora4sky

I was thinking the Drop system was going into effect at the worst time ever xD sadly Sora is such an anomaly that we can't say it is that completely considering Xion, Rixas, and Ven had a habit of falling asleep because of their Heart and/or memories.

Lol yeah, ikr? So i was thinking the same thing you said about Ven and Roxas and Xion falling to sleep? It fits nicely...maybe too nicely but we'll see. ;)

Radar

Bronze Member
Where was this?

If that's true, then this theory would make sense.
In that interview I think Nomura was reffering to lingering sentiment.

On thread topic, I like to think vanitas' heart is in young xehanort there, because he said sora isn't the only one with other hearts. Maybe even Xion's inside as well.

Pratiko

Awards
Since this is a Dream World, anything is possible. Even meeting Young Master Xehanort, as Sora met Mickey in a timeline which they haven't really met yet, as confusing as it sounds.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In that interview I think Nomura was reffering to lingering sentiment.

On thread topic, I like to think vanitas' heart is in young xehanort there, because he said sora isn't the only one with other hearts. Maybe even Xion's inside as well.

Xion is inside of Sora, though. :/ And if anything Vanitas would have been inside of Ven's heart. I'm thinking YX is hinting at Eraqus or Terra.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
It feels like Nomura is trying to make the story more and more complicated as we progress further into the story. This new trailer added so many new "wtf what?" moments.

Despite YX looking younger than his BBS version if you notice he's actually taller than Sora, so he's probably the same age as we saw him before. His face just makes him look a lot younger.

I'm thinking YX has the dark side of Ven's heart within him, thus having Vanitas by his side similar to how Sora may have Ven next to him if he was more savvy with the way hearts work like YX undoubtedly does.
I thought Vanitas and Ven combined at the end of BBS though? So wouldn't any part of Vanitas be inside Sora as well and if not then my last theory stands; Vanitas found his way into YX somehow in the RoS.

sora4sky

It feels like Nomura is trying to make the story more and more complicated as we progress further into the story. This new trailer added so many new "wtf what?" moments.

Despite YX looking younger than his BBS version if you notice he's actually taller than Sora, so he's probably the same age as we saw him before. His face just makes him look a lot younger.

I'm thinking YX has the dark side of Ven's heart within him, thus having Vanitas by his side similar to how Sora may have Ven next to him if he was more savvy with the way hearts work like YX undoubtedly does.
I thought Vanitas and Ven combined at the end of BBS though? So wouldn't any part of Vanitas be inside Sora as well and if not then my last theory stands; Vanitas found his way into YX somehow in the RoS.

It's probably the model. We never saw the face so they might have changed it a little to look younger or somethign like that.

And about Vanitas being inside YX. I don't know how that happened and i don't know if it's true/an illusion of some sort or something else entirely but it really connects nicely for another epic dive to teh heart battle Ven VS Vanitas the rematch while Sora fights YX outside.

That would be really cool in my opinion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

"Also, in terms of storyline, I was thinking of making it simpler and clearer, but Sakaguchi-san (Hironobu Sakaguchi) gave me a single piece of advice for the KH series. That was, "If you don't make it a little more complex, like FF, you won't be able to compete." " lol :3

Everybody is taller than Sora, though. He's like a midget, especially when he looks 14 xD

sora4sky

"Also, in terms of storyline, I was thinking of making it simpler and clearer, but Sakaguchi-san (Hironobu Sakaguchi) gave me a single piece of advice for the KH series. That was, "If you don't make it a little more complex, like FF, you won't be able to compete." " lol :3

Everybody is taller than Sora, though. He's like a midget, especially when he looks 14 xD

Even though i think that he is shorter right now cause he's in his KH1 design. I think in his KH2 design will be the same height as YX unless that YX is like Sora.

He has a KH1 design and a KH2 design xD

Radar

Bronze Member
I think the young xehanort is going to be having his eyes on sora through-out the game. he does reveal himself to him and riku, so it still seems like xehanort is looking over everything once again.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Even though i think that he is shorter right now cause he's in his KH1 design. I think in his KH2 design will be the same height as YX unless that YX is like Sora.

He has a KH1 design and a KH2 design xD

His KH2 model is still pretty short, though. If you stand him next to other characters like Cloud or Leon in KH2, he's barely at their chests. xD

kairi+sora+riku.jpg

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
forgive may say so, but i remembered what Yen Sid at the end of KH: ReCoded. "would a single one of you suffice if what you faced was not a single one of him?"

since we saw Xemnas in the trailer, you don't think the new guy is one the different forms that Yen Sid warned about?

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
forgive may say so, but i remembered what Yen Sid at the end of KH: ReCoded. "would a single one of you suffice if what you faced was not a single one of him?"

since we saw Xemnas in the trailer, you don't think the new guy is one the different forms that Yen Sid warned about?

That's a really good idea. Could Xehanort be building an army?

sora4sky

His KH2 model is still pretty short, though. If you stand him next to other characters like Cloud or Leon in KH2, he's barely at their chests. xD

kairi+sora+riku.jpg

Haha, you right. Now that i think about it again he's still pretty short. Riku looks like Yao Ming next to him. xD

Damn FF has basketball players for characters. Imagine if we put Snow next to Sora. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back