• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILERS] KH3D: Hopes and Fears. Like and Dislike.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
TWEWY is 1 of the best games in the past generation period. Certainly the most creative game Square's had in a long long time.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yes, it is most definitely worth playing. Before DDD? Not necessarily, but I do advise that you play it as soon as you can.

blueheart

Bronze Member
It's not mandatory. You will probably still get the story of KH in the game. But I bet there's gonna be a ton of references to it in the cutscenes with the TWEWY characters that fans of it will get a kick out of. Maybe even some in Traverse Town itself.

So no, not mandatory, but it wouldn't hurt. I always hear it's a great game.* I never played it myself*.
But if you don't have the time or money, don't bother or sweat over it.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It is definitely not mandatory, but the game is probably one of the best games SE released in the last five years, and also can be considered one of the best on the DS.

The Top 25 Nintendo DS Games - DS Feature at IGN
The 15 Best DS Games - Page 4 | PCWorld
The 25 best Nintendo DS games - Page 2 | GamesRadar

I own both the Japanese and English version of the game and still find myself playing it after three years of owning it because it is just so fun and the story is great. You can easily finish the game in a few days but there is a lot of stuff to do after the game is done (like Another Day and collecting the Secret Reports). If you plan on buying DDD, I'd go ahead and pick TWEWY up as well just because of how fantastic the game is. It is one game a DS or 3DS owner cannot miss out on.

Not to mention there will probably be a bunch of references of TWEWY in DDD while being in Traverse Town, so without playing you won't get all of the jokes that will probably be made.

So is it worth it? Yes. It is definitely worth it. You are a 000 if you don't play it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Can only second that, since I got a 3DS to my birthday (8th December) I am actually able to play that one now.

It was a pain in the ass to still get a copy around here, but still managed to get one for christmas.
Now I have 3 DS-games to play: KH Days, KH Coded and TWEWY...guess which one I threw in first...;P

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wait, you can play DS games on the 3DS?
I'm doubting you can the other way around, or can you?

It's called backwards compatibility :p

And no. No you can't. Unless Nintendo can somehow predict the future and act accordingly upon that knowledge.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yes you can, a reason that makes it way better than the stupid Vita which can't play PSP-UMDs.
Lol, other way around, would be difficult.

It's called backwards compatibility :p

And no. No you can't. Unless Nintendo can somehow predict the future and act accordingly upon that knowledge.

Haha, if that would be actually possible I would have never got the PS3 and always play PS3 games on my old PS2.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

Yes you can, a reason that makes it way better than the stupid Vita which can't play PSP-UMDs.
Lol, other way around, would be difficult.

That's what new systems are for.....playing the latest cartridge....

If the original system was made to play future titles, it would need an upgrade which is the new model released....so no, a DS won't play 3DS games, it's not capable of doing so, and it hasn't the upgraded features that the 3DS has.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
3DS cartridges are larger than the DS ones.

I have a 3DS, so nothing could be better right now in my anticipation for 3D

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Yeah, the only visual difference between a 3DS cart and a DS is cart is that the 3DS ones have this tiny piece that juts out from the top.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Quick change of subject. Just noticed with some of the trippy colors, and the fact that it's 3D, KH3D could be a major trip...

3D effects, bitchessssss

I'm just going to love jumping around doin' flips and shit, that game be splashin', gettin' everybody all wet

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Coz this aint sea wolrd this is as real as it.....
What are we talking about?
Can't wait to play this game, gonna be some kewl stuff thar.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Never thought I'd be in 3D.
It's like the keyblade's coming right out at me!
Nomura! Look at me! Oooooh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back