• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] KH 3D world travel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak1403

So we know that KH3D will revolve around the mark of mastery exam that Yen Sid will hold for Sora and Riku but what method of travel would they use to go to other worlds.

As this is an adventure that will be shared by Sora and Riku together I assume that they will serve as each others party members at some point and as this is a Mark of Mastery exam both Donald and Goofy will not be needed to tell the story.

Saying that there will not be a Gummi ship readily available for Sora and Riku to use, so the question is what method of travel will they be using in KH3D?

Could Sora and Riku be given their own armor and the ability to turn their KeyBlades into vehicles like TAV? Or will and entirely different method be used? Will Yen Sid give Sora and Riku his star shard in order to travel to far and new worlds in order to help the inhabitants as part of the mark of mastery exam? Or will there be a method never seen before?

There is also the idea that you will not actually be traveling to worlds at all but that Yen Sid will be holding the exam in a sort of virtual world similar to that of AtW's Twilight Town. This could give reason as to why both Sora and Riku appear in their KH1 forms, it could all just be an illusion created for the exam.

So what do you guys think? Have any good ideas for world travel in KH 3D?
Discuss.

Last edited:

siegleeagle

I would really love that they go to the new worlds for real and not in an illusion or virtual world, but I do want their kh1 appearance to be an illusion or something. Not because im tired of the design or anything it just seems that would work well plot wise.

Onto travel I really don't know. I will have to wait on more info to come up with a theory.

State

Awards
I want the return of Gummi ships, please. We haven't seen them since KH2FM.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
they'll be using gummi ships. Yen Sid is fond of that mode of transportation Mickey is Yen Sid former aprentice and he doesn't transform his keyblade into a vehicle or wear armor he uses a gummi ship. And since the first gummi block was found in Yen Sids tower and used by Mickey it only seems natural that they'll continue the tradition.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i dont care how the travel is so long as there isnt any gummi route type levels between worlds.
bbs had world travel done right.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They'll probably be using the Gummi ship again, like they always have.

I'd like to see the use of the star shard. It would make world travel much less cumbersome (Gummi routes in KH1? Screw it, ill warp instead.)

Star shard = gummi block :)

YoshiAngemon

Well, it might as well be like KH2's Gummi Ship Levels! I mean, I once made the Vic Viper based on JudgeSpear2's design, but it was his Raiden-mkII that saved the day in the "Assault of the Dreadnaught!"

State

Awards
Gummi ships, corridors of darkness, armors, star shard (and before anyone says it's the same as gummi ships, I didn't see Mickey driving a Gummi ship when he used the shard) and Merlin's teleportation, what other methods can they introduce? Corridors of light? Let's narrow down this long list of transportation methods:

Corridors of darkness - there's a possibility, but it's remote. As far as we've seen, Sora can't open corridors of darkness. I can only see Riku using it, but seeing as how he doesn't have the coat, I doubt he'd use them.

Armors - Sora still doesn't have one, nor Riku.

Star shard - don't even know where the hell it is or what Mickey did with it, but you'd have to admit, you'd have to be pretty bold to select this over a Gummi ship.

Merlin's teleportation - I'd doubt Merlin would stick around with Sora and Riku for the rest of the game.

So in conclusion, I can assure that the method of transportation for this game will be the Gummi ships!! o3o

d_fallen_1

More likely Yensid would want them traveling the most convenient way possible- the gummi ship. The star shard is a great resource but it isn't exactly reliable and may be limited to the one given to Mickey and Keyblade Armor may not be available to Yensid because Mickey never used it or may not even have knowledge of it considering his constant use of the Star Shard. But seeing how much SE has stray away from Gummi's one possible means are "Corridors of light" Connecting the worlds via "Doors", which would not need extended travel.

"But what's the fun in that?"
Good point. But it all depends on how "major" KH3DS really is. Despite BBS significance, it too doesn't have "travel" in it's gameplay.

Zache

Relix

A traveler
Awards
They'll probably use the lanes of between or whatever its called, the one TAV traveled through that looked like light versions of the CoD. but somehow i doubt they'd be given armor...simply for the fact that it would not look good on them. TAV could barely pull it off...Eraqus knows how to wear that sh*t though

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
The Gummi Ship is the most likely choice, but you never know. And besides, Merlin's not the only wizard. Yen Sid could probably teleport them between worlds if he wanted. Still, having a return of the Customizable Gummi Ship would be awesome. Throw in KHII's Cost system with a number of upgrades designed for the 3DS, and we're good.

! Lightbulb!!! If they do bring back the Gummi Ship, they could have a multiplayer mode based around it! Sorta like the racing in BBS, but with more free roam (It is outer space, after all), some varied attacks based on equipped gummis, and some tricked out arenas. What do you guys think?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
They'll probably use the lanes of between or whatever its called, the one TAV traveled through that looked like light versions of the CoD. but somehow i doubt they'd be given armor...simply for the fact that it would not look good on them. TAV could barely pull it off...Eraqus knows how to wear that sh*t though

You're insane. Ven, Terra, and Aqua wore that shit too. I don't know how it'd look with Sora because of his fighting style....but something tells me Riku would look a badass in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back