• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Just finished my first KH game, some story questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fynriel

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask. Basically I just finished KH1 for the first time and I really want to talk about it.
There are a lot of story beats I didn't fully understand. :confused:

1. Why are the villains looking for the keyholes in each world? What do they gain from destroying worlds in addition to collecting the princesses?

2. What triggers the restoration of all destroyed worlds at the end, as well as the barriers returning, isolating all worlds from each other? What does defeating Ansem have to do with destroyed worlds becoming whole again?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Okay, 3, 4 and 5 more fundamental lore comprehension questions.
3 is about how hearts and Heartless work
4 is about the different realms and keyholes
5 is about worlds and the barriers that once surrounded them.

3. My Problem: What I understand about the Heartless so far is not reconcilable with what happened to Sora when he stabbed himself.
So I'm gonna lay out what I think I know about Heartless, please correct me where I'm wrong:
A person's heart leaves their body when it becomes consumed by darkness (so 100% Darkness) and then THE HEART becomes a Heartless. Not a Pureblood, but an Emblem Heartless. The body, and the mind, of the person who lost their heart, vanishes. Whether they die, or go someplace else, I don't know yet. The Heartless is a more or less mindless husk and when they are defeated, they release the heart. Where that heart goes, I don't know yet. The only exception to this rule are the princesses, whose hearts can NEVER be taken over by darkness, because there isn't a single drop of darkness within them to begin with. HOWEVER, princesses CAN lose their hearts through other means. If they do, their bodies will remain however, and not disappear. In addition, the Keyblade of Hearts has the unique power to release any person's heart just like that. Okay, so far so good.
Now. Sora. He stabbed himself with that. His heart leaves his body. Normally, what I would have expected to happen is that HIS HEART turn into an Emblem Heartless. But instead, he vanishes like you would expect but then his heart (?) turns into a Pureblood Heartless, with Sora's mind and consciousness intact. WHY? HOW? Everything I thought I knew was seemingly contradicted here.

4. My Problem: Why is the Hollow Bastion keyhole also the door to the realm of Darkness? What makes it special?
Again I'm gonna lay out what I think I know about the topic, please correct me where I'm wrong:
The main "game world" is the Realm of Light. Then there is also the Realm of Darkness. WITHIN that realm somewhere lies Kingdom Hearts, the heart of ALL worlds in the universe combined. Regular worlds also have their own hearts, which are locked away behind a secret door/keyhole. The Heartless are naturally attracted TO this door so they will always go seek it out when you let them loose, like a dog sniffing out something. (That's how Ansem found his door originally on his homeworld) In order to find/open the door to the realm of darkness, one has to assemble the 7 princesses of heart, whose hearts have 0% darkness in them, pure light only. You need to gather them all and then forge the Keyblade of Heart FROM their hearts. So it's like a synthesis item, with their hearts being the ingredients. However, AnsemRiku is able to do it with just 6 hearts, because he's cool like that. :confused: Anyway. You do that and then....I don't know. Somehow you are able to summon/find/open the door to darkness, and thus Kingdom Hearts. That's what Maleficent intends to do.
What I don't know, and what is not communicated in the game, is if this..."opening ceremony" let's say...has to be done in a specific location or if I can just gather the 7 princesses in my backyard and open the door. Maleficent gathers them at Hollow Bastion in front of that world's keyhole. And I am completely baffled by the nature of this particular keyhole.

I am MORE CONFUSED by this than anything else in the entire game.
So every world has a keyhole leading to that world's core/heart. The Heartless are after these hearts and if they get to one, that world goes bye-bye. How is Hollow Bastion different?
Maleficent tries to open the keyhole there, in order to get to Kingdom Hearts. But later, the door is opened at The End of the World and Hollow Bastion just seems like a regular keyhole leading to its world heart like those on all the other worlds. What is so special about this keyhole? Why does it need to be “completed” in order to open?
Also, Ansem travels through this keyhole to the End of the World, implying that this is a kind of portal to get there, but Sora is able to travel there by Gummi Ship, no problem. So by the time we get to The End of the World, it feels like all of Ansem's and Maleficent's efforts at Hollow Bastion were meaningless. Because you can just go to The End of the World and do the business of opening the Door to Darkness right there.

. How are walls around the worlds destroyed? As per Ansem's report, he opened his door after a Heartless led him to it. Then meteor showers appeared, which meant the walls around the world had shattered, likely as a direct result of him opening his door. But it is also implied elsewhere that the Heartless maybe destroy the walls from the outside, that they "shattered" the walls and that's why the world's are now connected. Else, how to explain the invasion of Destiny Island when no one had been able to open the door inside the cave?

6. What also gives me pause is how the Heartless appear on different worlds. Do they travel through gummi space? Or are they always naturally created ON that world. Because there is one Journal entry I just can't get over. It says that the Heartless "travel through the keyholes". WHAT?! I mean they are LOOKING FOR the keyholes. They don't come OUT of them, RIGHT?

I have more questions, but I'll leave it at this for now. If someone happens to be really keen on talking this through with me I'll ask more. Thanks for reading this in any case :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back