• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Out of topic.But may I ask, why are the threads tagged with "spoilers"? It's not like the game is out or something like that.
Aren't people only theoriz-ing based on trailers?

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Anyone have any idea as to how Maleficent managed to make it into Disney Castle?
I thought the Cornerstone of Light kept her ass out.

The Cornerstone of Light kept the darkness out of Disney Castle. Maleficent may be able to use darkness, but she isn't made of the stuff. If anything, this only means that she can't summon any Heartless to the castle.

Bobjam

Awards
I wonder (judging by the trailer) if after the MoM part is dealt with we do then play as Sora or Riku in their present older forms. Do hope so, makes me think how little of the game we really have seen.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Did anyone notice during the gameply parts of the trailer riku was using a skill similar to the No Heart sentient. Turning his keyblade into claws so he can use hand strikes.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Did anyone notice during the gameply parts of the trailer riku was using a skill similar to the No Heart sentient. Turning his keyblade into claws so he can use hand strikes.

More like he was utilizing the co-op techniques with his Dream Eaters. While Sora teams up with his DE (as we've seen him dancing with Neko Cat and riding on Wonder Nyan), Riku uses his indirectly like power-ups.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I wonder (judging by the trailer) if after the MoM part is dealt with we do then play as Sora or Riku in their present older forms. Do hope so, makes me think how little of the game we really have seen.

The only way we would play as them in their older forms is if we play with them in the RoL or RoD. However, the RoS makes them appear younger, and something tells me we won't be playing in the RoL/RoD.

Dark Hearts King

Website
chronicum.wordpress.com
More like he was utilizing the co-op techniques with his Dream Eaters. While Sora teams up with his DE (as we've seen him dancing with Neko Cat and riding on Wonder Nyan), Riku uses his indirectly like power-ups.

If I remember, some translations ago, I read that Sora teams up with Dream Eaters and they do combo attacks, whereas Riku absorbs the Dream Eaters in his combo and uses attacks based on them...

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

and that powere up was very simalr to No hearts technique, was it a power up atack? There another moove where it looked like he was using time splicer was that also a power up? So are they unalbe to do anything special by themselves?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Maybe the DEs are teaching them these moves so that when they return to the RoL and/or RoD, they will be able to use them by themselves.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
and that powere up was very simalr to No hearts technique, was it a power up atack? There another moove where it looked like he was using time splicer was that also a power up? So are they unalbe to do anything special by themselves?

Woah, calm down. We've only seen a few of their abilities. They will definitely have unique ones like they always have. The DE seems like they will teach them these things, like Jugg said.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I see it sort of how the abilities for Drive Forms were (Dodge Roll, High Jump, etc.) and that once you max them out/reach a certain level, the ability becomes your own and the Dream Eater, while still being useful, gave you your own ability.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

No, the thing that looked like Time Splicer is a Deck Command called Dark Splicer (ダ-クスプライサ). The Dream Eater combination attacks and the Deck Commands both exist simultaneously, and both can be used to do cool things (and there are Finisher attacks, as well -- the screen with three Soras seemed to have been a Finisher called Unison Cross (ユニソンクロス).

I see it sort of how the abilities for Drive Forms were (Dodge Roll, High Jump, etc.) and that once you max them out/reach a certain level, the ability becomes your own and the Dream Eater, while still being useful, gave you your own ability.

I don't think this is how it works. The Dream Eater special attacks use up the special pink bar underneath the Dream Eater's HP when you use them, so I can't see how they'd work without the Dream Eater around.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I don't think this is how it works. The Dream Eater special attacks use up the special pink bar underneath the Dream Eater's HP when you use them, so I can't see how they'd work without the Dream Eater around.

Oh, I didn't mean the special attacks specifically. i thought he meant techniques or moves or whatever we get from the Dream eaters that aren't the bondage attacks. If he did mean the Special Attacks, then i feel like such a troll ;>.>

Number Zero

That's already been explained. Yen Sid reset them to those forms while they're in the Realm of Sleep so they can relearn how to wield the Keyblade "the proper way." Now, as we've seen from these trailers it's not gonna change that much, but I think RoL combat will be crazier after this.

Granted, they're still using their self-taught methods, but by the end of the game, they'll probably find the 'proper way' of wielding their Keyblades to become Masters.

One question, though: Riku and Sora ARE getting more special moves to use in their command decks, right? Like ATV got stuff like Trinity Limit, Ice Barrage, Meteor, etc.

Because I noticed the deck commands used in the JF trailer were all the same as the demo and trailer shown at TGS...And that includes Riku and Sora being as far as the Tron Legacy world. They will get a wider variety as they move on...? That's the only thing I'm worried about in this game.

As it turns out, the Dark Claw-thing was only the result of him fusing with Bat-Bat, alone. And he entered Firestorm by fusing with Goat-Horn.

It's when he fused with BOTH did he enter Blade Charge.

And to think they're supposed to team-up with FIFTY of these guys. The possibilites leave me so excited for this game. :D

Last edited:

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Granted, they're still using their self-taught methods, but by the end of the game, they'll probably find the 'proper way' of wielding their Keyblades to become Masters.

One question, though: Riku and Sora ARE getting more special moves to use in their command decks, right? Like ATV got stuff like Trinity Limit, Ice Barrage, Meteor, etc.

Because I noticed the deck commands used in the JF trailer were all the same as the demo and trailer shown at TGS...And that includes Riku and Sora being as far as the Tron Legacy world. They will get a wider variety as they move on...? That's the only thing I'm worried about in this game.

You know, maybe they're doing that to try keeping all the moves a secret. So that way there's still surprises when you get a new command (I assume Command fusion will return in some form; it's been in both the entries that use that system so far).

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
You know, maybe they're doing that to try keeping all the moves a secret. So that way there's still surprises when you get a new command (I assume Command fusion will return in some form; it's been in both the entries that use that system so far).

what about command styles (Bladecharge, Ghost drive, Etc.)or do you think that was more a BBS type thing that will stay in BBS. what made think of this is when riku was attackng with those dark claws in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back