• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulicies

WARNING: After pure exhaustion from reading 50+ pages to catch up, I'm skipping the last 30-40 pages to post my thoughts and theories, so bare with me if they've already been discussed/disproven. I'm also going to post a huge wall, summing up my thoughts on individual scenes from the entire trailer. These are just random thoughts, so I won't be offended if every single one is shot down in flames and ashes :p

EDIT: In fact, I should just post the entirety in a spoiler so that it doesn't take up half a page... How do I do that? Perhaps a mod could do it for me... Read at your own risk. The sections are categorized by times in the video though, so I don't think it's too hard to follow.

1:09:

Shiki mentions "I'd be in serious trouble if I were made to return, though..."

What does this mean? Are all the TWEWY characters aware of their home world (TWEWY universe), like Joshua is, in comparing the two?

THEORIES: The TWEWY world is included in DDD, and the characters are somehow put into Traverse Town, which would explain why both Shiki and Joshua are aware of multiple worlds.

2:05:

Mickey doesn't know Sora, but knows of Keyblades, and mentions that he's also infiltrated the world for a reason (for minnie, probably, but also perhaps for Donald and Goofy). Are worlds crossing time, as well as space? How can Sora visit a world from the past? Can two different Mickeys co-exist if all of the RoS worlds are restored to the RoL?

This also indicates that Musketeer Mickey isn't originally from this world at all, which must point toward being King Mickey in the past...

2:39:

Neku yells out to the Cloaked figure "This isn't what we promised!" and then proceeds to jump up and tackle/arm-lock the hooded figure. At that time, Sora falls asleep at the sight of Neku confronting the hooded figure, apparently just standing there, not attacking Neku or Sora.

THEORIES: Neku met the hooded figure before meeting Sora, and made a deal with him. If TWEWY's world is included in DDD, then perhaps the hooded figure transported the TWEWY characters to Traverse Town, and promised Neku he would return after meeting a certain condition. Or if not that, then perhaps he promised Neku something else entirely.

4:16:

Riku goes into some sort of special mode and puts on dark claws/boots. Perhaps it's connected to fusing with the Dream Eaters?

5:18:

The Riku/Sora/Mickey vs MX fight at the KG looks symbolic of BBS's fight, following the same pattern of MX elevating the ground and conjuring the same orb of darkness that he later shoots into the clouds in BBS.

6:09:

Joshua confronts Neku, and Neku reacts in a negative way (gauging from Neku's stance, facing away from Joshua), which leads me to believe that Neku is mad at Joshua for something, or he's just trying to avoid what Joshua is saying. Joshua is accusing him of giving up on the world, or their goals/objectives revolving around the world.

THEORIES: Perhaps Neku gave up on trying to help the people in Traverse Town. Or perhaps, after the events of 2:39 in the video, during the confrontation with the hooded figure, the hooded figure tells Neku that the "promise" won't be upheld, discouraging Neku to the point of giving up.

6:20:

If you notice, Lea is looking directly at, and talking to, the drawing on the wall during the entirety of his sentence (of the heart with the notations written around it).

THEORIES: Lea wasn't looking for Ienzo at all, but rather at whatever the drawing of the heart is depicting on the wall. The "icky job" Lea's referring to, therefore, must involve the depiction on the wall.

If this is in the present, then what does that mean for Ienzo? Is he revived as well? His lab coat is suspicious, because it would conflict with the theory that revived somebodies keep their clothes/memories from their nobodies (skip to 7:21 for my revival theory), which Lea is apparently demonstrating. This could possibly indicate that Ienzo in this room is an illusion, and Ienzo is actually the small child he once was before dying, with an older mind from the memories of being a nobody, similar to the events in Inception.

6:32:

Riku mentions Mickey, Donald, and Goofy always being together.

THEORIES: First of all, there are LOTS of questions revolving around the "Country of the Musketeers":
1. Is this world a manifestation of the past, or is it an entirely separate world consisting of characters who could co-exist in the present?
2. Is the Musketeer Mickey an entirely different Mickey, or is he a King Mickey from the past?
3. Is this Musketeer Mickey a manifestation of some of King Mickey's memories, sent into the RoS, that King Mickey will later re-obtain after the world is liberated?
4. If this is Past King Mickey, then is this where Present King Mickey meets, and recruits, Present Donald and Goofy?
5. IF Country of the Musketeers is an illusion of the past, could any RoS world, or its contents, potentially be an illusion?

7:00:

Sora tells Joshua that his feelings will stay connected to his lost friend. Joshua's lost friend must be Neku.

BUT, this conflicts with the timeline of Sora previously being with Neku. If Sora met Neku as soon as he entered Traverse Town, then Sora either fails to mention Neku's whereabouts to Joshua, OR Sora loses Neku's tail when he finally wakes up after collapsing at 2:39 in the video. If the latter is correct, then Sora must meet up with Joshua after waking up, which explains why Neku isn't in the scenes with Joshua/Sora.

7:09:

Cloaked Riku unveils his face to be Riku.

This image of Riku reminds me of the ending to CoM, when Riku is walking with Mickey with the Organization cloak on. If it truly is Replica Riku, wouldn't he be wearing the suit of darkness that he was wearing in CoM? Also, what was Data Riku wearing? An Organization Cloak?

If anything, I think it could be an illusion of Riku's past self (if my above theories are correct that some worlds displays illusions of the past). Although, I'm not sure what the past Riku could possibly educate the present Riku about...

7:12:

Xemnas is questioning the seemingly impossible existence of hearts within people like Nobodies.

This could possibly be referring to Xemnas questioning the existence of Terra within himself, but I think he's more so referring to someone like Roxas.

Also, the fact that Sora tells Xemnas he thought hearts reside in the nobodies/anybody at 7:18 makes me question the order that Sora visits the different worlds. If this confrontation is indeed happening at Prankster's Paradise, I'm thinking that this world happens before Notre Dame's. Otherwise, I think Sora would be acting differently to Xemnas if he had learned the things heard from YX at Notre Dame previously. Prankster's Paradise Sora sounds more ignorant, if you ask me.

Although, it's possible that Sora's confrontation with YX at Notre Dame wasn't anymore enlightening than simply hinting towards harboring extra hearts.

7:21:

Pause right at 7:21, and study the outfits. This is quite confusing to me. It appears that Mickey is wearing the KH2 outfit, but I don't recognize Goofy's outfit. This also puts the entire Disney Castle Confrontation's timeline into question: Is it in the present, post-KH2? If so, how is Lea revived, displaying Axel's clothes and weapons?

THEORIES: In BBS, Braig uses differently styled weapons than Xigbar's, so I imagine Lea normally uses different weapons than Axel's. If this is the case, how is this Lea, if he's using Axel's weapons and clothing?

We obviously have no clue what happens when a Somebody is revived after having both their Nobody and Heartless destroyed. If so, then when was Lea's heartless destroyed? Does a character destroy Lea's heartless during the course of DDD?

When a Sombody is revived in this way, perhaps he keeps the memories/powers of his Nobody's/Heartless'. This would have grave implications for Xehanort once he's revived, gaining all of his Heartless'/Nobody's powers on top of his own once he's revived... This would possibly triple Xehanort's powers, combining all three "final bosses" into one nearly unstoppable force by KH3.

7:33:

Watch carefully how YX reveals himself in front of Riku at TRAVERSE TOWN, and then confronts Sora at NOTRE DAME, while Sora says "you're the guy from before!" at 7:44, indicating that YX has confronted Sora before, probably at Traverse Town.

This leads to question the timeline of world visitation. Sora's reaction to YX indicates their SECOND confrontation (Sora says "from before," meaning only one other time).

THEORIES: YX is probably the hooded figure at 2:39 in the video, and is also probably orchestrating the events between Neku and Joshua, also probably inciting the tension between the two at 6:09 in the video.

This also leads me to believe that YX is the mastermind behind most of the events in the RoS, posing as the ultimate threat in the entire game.

7:48:

I'm not even gonna go there... SO confusing. Vanitas is obviously wearing the suit of darkness though. They mention hearts not your own, so they're mentioning multiple hearts, obviously. Vanitas is mentioning his heart, but if his heart symbolizes Ven's, then how is it not Sora's? Unless YX/Vanitas are just talking about hearts other than Sora's own heart. Then who's heart is YX mentioning? MX's heart?

THEORIES: Vanitas doesn't appear until the camera cuts to a side view of Sora running up to YX, which before that time, YX was standing alone. Perhaps Vanitas appears as a manifestation of Ven inside Sora's heart, and perhaps something similar will happen to Riku: a conjuration of a connection to Terra will appear next to YX.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Except Vanitas HATED MX and blatantly went against him a few times. (Such as trying to kill Ven too early and setting Aqua up as a backup) MX may have created Vanitas, but Vanitas doesn't have to like him.

Yes, Vanitas despises MX but stays with him because he thinks he's the only one who can give him a purpose.
Plainly said, Vanitas has no one else, just as Ventus had before him when MX found him as a kid and made him his apprentice.

Taking over Sora is very unlikely though, not only is Sora himself very strong, Xion and Roxas inside Sora would prevent a possession by Vanitas just by kicking his sorry ass.

Thing is, Vanitas was not wholly loyal to his "creator". In the games he defied his orders multiple times, and in fact, in the BBS novels, Vanitas hates MX because of the fact he created him.

Yep.

Vanitas HATED Master Xehanort? Since when? Refresh my memory.

Are the BBS novels canon? Where can I read the novel?

Vanitas despised him always, he only followed him because he had no choice and because of the slight false hope of Salvation for him Xehanort told him about: Forging the x-blade.

The novels are second-tier canon, if something in the novels is contradicted by an Nomura-interview or even worse, a game itself (the games are the highest tier!), it is non-canon.
If there is no contradiction, it can be considered "canon" but if a later game or interview contradicts this as well it also becomes non-canon.

The novels are only available in japanese, but fellow member goldpanner is translating them and we have a sticky thread for that.

Is whats in the novels all canon?

Nope, not if it contradicts anything shown or said by a higher tier of canon (games & interviews).

EDIT:
Ulicies said:
They mention hearts not your own, so they're mentioning multiple hearts, obviously. Vanitas is mentioning his heart, but if his heart symbolizes Ven's, then how is it not Sora's?
They mention that Sora is, just like Xehanort, harboring other hearts than his own inside himself. Which is true, as Sora harbors Ven's.
I don't know what you want to say with that second sentence, Ven's heart is NOT Sora's, that's nonsense. Ven's heart is his own, it only hides inside Sora's.

Awards
I've been meaning to mention this for a while.

I would LOVE if they released that book from the trailer as a pre-order bonus. It would only need to be that one page, but oh gawds that would be beautiful.

I too would love a pop-up book containing the worlds with detailed, yet understandable paragraphs explaining Sora's quest.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I too would love a pop-up book containing the worlds with detailed, yet understandable paragraphs explaining Sora's quest.
I for one would love a constellations map that depicts every single world that has appeared in the Xehanort Saga in their specific plane and around worlds they were first with. They could draw the world icon and even have each of their logos as the designation with the movie/game they first debuted in below each world! But alas, I can never see Square going to such great lengths to please the fanbase itself, so I doubt either of these things will ever be made.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
hmmm throwing random idea if someone hasn't already, the part in monstro where the cloaked figure reveals himself to be another riku...possible com Riku-replica? thoughts?

Either Replica Riku from CoM, Data Riku from Re: Coded or Xion taking Riku's form.
Was discussed very long already but that was like 80 pages back, so no problem here...*ggg*

bigbadcloud

ok well i need to pay closer look at the trailer i missed that well here is the pic http://i40.tinypic.com/14vlchs.jpg

Edit: I also saw that riku was wileding a new keyblade as well the railer is not clear to make it out or get a pic of it but i did see a new one it was a pure silver handel and the blade of it seemed like the oblivon

Last edited:

disneyboy20022

Did Anyone Notice Tron Legacy World in the short trailer

Okay, I apologize if this has been posted already.

The short version of the Jump Festa shows Tron Legacy. Go to the 1 minute 46 second part of the trailer. It's very clear that it's Tron legacy.

Here's the link to the trailer, which I know is on the home page, but here it is anyway

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Jump Festa 2012 shot Ver. - YouTube

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I'm sure the only people that did not notice it were the people who haven't seen the movie.

So, is this Xemnas we see in Prankster's Paradice similar to how Riku sees Ansem SoD in Notre Dame or is it his Sombody?

Last edited by a moderator:

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Wait, there were idiots who didn't notice it? That's rich lol

Edit: I also saw that riku was wileding a new keyblade as well the railer is not clear to make it out or get a pic of it but i did see a new one it was a pure silver handel and the blade of it seemed like the oblivon

That's now new. That's his Way to Dawn Keyblade from KHII.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ulicies

They mention that Sora is, just like Xehanort, harboring other hearts than his own inside himself. Which is true, as Sora harbors Ven's.
I don't know what you want to say with that second sentence, Ven's heart is NOT Sora's, that's nonsense. Ven's heart is his own, it only hides inside Sora's.
Sorry, it was about 3:30 am for me when I wrote it, so I was part-babbling at the end. I meant to ask this:

When Vanitas/YX say together "hearts not your own," are they making a point that their hearts aren't the hearts inside Sora, or is it the opposite, and they're both implying that their hearts are both the hearts Sora is harboring?

SuperSailorEarth

Sorry, it was about 3:30 am for me when I wrote it, so I was part-babbling at the end. I meant to ask this:

When Vanitas/YX say together "hearts not your own," are they making a point that their hearts aren't the hearts inside Sora, or is it the opposite, and they're both implying that their hearts are both the hearts Sora is harboring?

Never thought about it that way, but because of the way you phrased it probably the latter. As someone stated earlier, Vanitas needs to create the x-blade with ven's heart to achieve his "salvation" as does MX to complete his plan.

Radar

Bronze Member
Never thought about it that way, but because of the way you phrased it probably the latter. As someone stated earlier, Vanitas needs to create the x-blade with ven's heart to achieve his "salvation" as does MX to complete his plan.
True yes. But for all we know, vanitas may want even more than revenge on ven/x-blade completion. Maybe xehanort informed him on some new plan.

AntiRiku*Axel

From what I can tell, Square's bringing everyone back for this one and KH3. KH3D will probably end in a cliffhanger or cut off in the middle of the final battle, or something to that effect. On the topic of Lea, Ienzo, and Aeleus, it seems like they're all somebodies, not illusions or anything. I'm thinking Lea kept Axel's cloak and weapons because with the cloak, he can traverse the corridors of darkness without being negatively affected (similar to Riku), and although it is true that Braig used slightly different weapons than Xigbar, and Lea used frisbees as a child, maybe Lea just became accustomed to using the chakrams. Lea is obviously not Axel because of the lack of teardrops on his cheeks.I'm thinking that perhaps Ienzo and Aeleus have joined up with Lea to combat MX/Xemnas after all they went through as nobodies (and Lexaeus and Zexion did have time to talk a lot in the basement of Castle Oblivion, as evident in the CoM manga, if that is canon). Now, of course, this brings up the question of when Sora defeated the heartless of those three (and possibly the rest of Org. XIII). There's always the possibility that there was someone else, behind the scenes, who destroyed the heartless of the members. Maybe MX had set up Vanitas (or some form of) to do so in case he ever lost his heart i.e. becoming Ansem SoD and Xemnas. Now the question I want answered is where the hell is Isa?

Eysikh

So, I don't think anyone welcomed Eysihk to the forums on page 143. Anyway, if you're still around, hiya new person! Welcome.

Also, I really like what you said about Kairi seeing into Riku's heart, and realizing he wasn't Ansem. I was irritated about that in the trailer, too. Hopefully Riku was talking about her. Honestly, it's ridiculous to me sometimes how things better suited about Kairi aren't. It makes more sense for Riku to be talking about her than Sora.

Hey! I knew my post was just one of a whole slew of them getting caught up in the trailer aftermath lol, so I didn't expect a big welcome or anything but thank you. :)

And seriously, poor Kairi, always getting left out. It's just weird (and a little irritating) to me how she's so neglected and yet supposed to be this super important main character.

Ulicies

Hey! I knew my post was just one of a whole slew of them getting caught up in the trailer aftermath lol, so I didn't expect a big welcome or anything but thank you. :)

And seriously, poor Kairi, always getting left out. It's just weird (and a little irritating) to me how she's so neglected and yet supposed to be this super important main character.
She isn't this Super Important Main Character. Kairi is like Princess Peach: important for the storyline, but not important for the important parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back