• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage! (Trailer Downloads in First Post!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Re: [Spoilers] Jump Festa 2012 Coverage!

its not so much the fact that its in as much as it is the question as to why it was put in over other, potentially better things

I mean Nomura said something about "fan-requested" worlds, right? well uh we know four worlds now and I'm pretty sure fans only wanted one of them (Hunchback)

I'm not sure how you know the opinions of all of the Kingdom Hearts fans. Just because you don't hear it much here doesn't mean nobody else talks about it in other parts of the world or on other KH fansites.

Btw, a lot of people have been requesting Tron: Legacy all over the internetz.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

how many more hour beofre somone cellphone post up the trailer in bad quality, like mabey another 6 hours?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

its not so much the fact that its in as much as it is the question as to why it was put in over other, potentially better things

I mean Nomura said something about "fan-requested" worlds, right? well uh we know four worlds now and I'm pretty sure fans only wanted one of them (Hunchback)

So the "potentially better things" can be in KH3?

We had hints of Pinocchio since Days. It was going to be out in and removed, then in BBSFM they had that Monstro battle. It wasn't like it was a shock, and it definitely hasn't received negative responses minus the whole "Why does nobody remember" complaint.

And like Seta said, people have actually been asking for a Tron: Legacy world. Ever since the movie came out people have been drawing KH characters with Tron lines, and the fact the movie itself gives nods to KH.

We aren't the video game developers, and we don't decide the worlds.

Mr Yippie

No, I've seen a number of requests all over the web asking for a Tron: Legacy world. Not nearly as much as Notre Dame, but there's been a number of fans hoping for T:L. Same for Pinocchio; ever since we found out it was supposed to be Days, there's always been a faction of fans wanting to see Pinocchio again.

The only one I haven't seen requested much (maybe by one or two people at most) is Three Musketeers.

pinnochio fits into the "worlds we thought about using" category so that was a must

i guess i mistakenly trusted the KH fanbase in its entirety to want worlds based on good movies so yeah didn't think about how many people wanted Legacy ( that was dumb to think )

in fact based on Nomura's rule I should expect more things like Phineas and Ferb and Bleach and less like Black Cauldron

so now I don't really care if the worlds are bad or not now that I've figured out this tricky logic

edit: well actually I did find the exception to this rule as Pixar is beloved by everyone (but hell I doubt they'll ever get the rights but cross dem fingers)

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

When choosing the worlds, it can split into two things in the same way as choosing fighting characters for the next sequel or crossover.

• Fan request them
  • Or it's either unknown, obscure or added to add awareness to a franchise (sometimes requested by Disney to expand upon)

That's how it usually works. And like fighting games, fans will rage about certain choices. I guess many people are pointing out that they 'will change the narrative' to accommodate the game (such as the knowledge of keyblades), but as I learn in all the Kingdom Hearts game is that most of the time, they stick closely to the plot.

So I'm not looking forward to it. I wish that they made a new Mickey Mouse world for us to visit.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

pinnochio fits into the "worlds we thought about using" category so that was a must

Not necessarily.

i guess i mistakenly trusted the KH fanbase in its entirety to want worlds based on good movies so yeah didn't think about how many people wanted Legacy ( that was dumb to think )

You did not just bash a large number of fellow KH fans purely because of their personal hopes for KH worlds. >:|

in fact based on Nomura's rule I should expect more things like Phineas and Ferb and Bleach and less like Black Cauldron

so now I don't really care if the worlds are bad or not now that I've figured out this tricky logic

First off: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece and almost all other manga series are impossible to bring into a KH game; neither Disney nor Square-Enix owns those series. Shounen Jump does. The only big manga series I could even see as a remote possibility coming into the series would be Fullmetal Alchemist, since Square Enix owns the manga series, as I recall. But that's almost certainly never going to happen.

Second: I'm pretty confident we'll be seeing Black Cauldron in KH at some point. It's been requested by fans almost as much as Notre Dame was.

Mr Yippie

I'm wondering now if Legacy and Traverse Town have keyholes of light

Space Paranoids in 1 didn't have one, right? and we already nailed Traverse's unless it moved to another one of the districts

if so we only know 3 worlds with keyholes of light

Theart said:
Not necessarily.

except it was planned and then cut so it officially qualifies

Theart said:
You did not just bash a large number of fellow KH fans purely because of their personal hopes for KH worlds. >:|

ruh roh

oh and the bleach bit was just a joke pertaining to the tastes and interests of the KH fanbase and the worlds they want that will never get in

UltimaJackpot

That's how it usually works. And like fighting games, fans will rage about certain choices.

That's actually a really good comparison. Reminds me of the "*insert character here* is a waste of a character slot" stuff that went around on the net when MvC3 hype was in full swing.

Watanuki-kun

Website
www.fanfiction.net

Vanitas is reaturning? But I thought Ven killed him :eek:
I guess the old sunrise trick can still gocth'a in a suprise XDDDDDDDDDD

They feturing Tron Legcey? How they gonna explain that?

MizuMikomi

Awards

Ah, so yet another trailer impressions, but this time from Famitsu? Sheesh, I and wondering what bits from the others are accurate, and what isn't now.

That fight with Xemnas from the impression last night sounded awesome, I hope Famitsu is just leaving it out or something. Either way this is shaping up to be an amazing entry to the series, totally can't wait for it ~

I am curious about MX and Vanitas though, since they both should technically be gone. Well, perhaps not, since MX is still with Terranort, I guess his presence makes a bit of sense. Vanitas, however.... I've got nothing. =/

What with Terranort, Xemnas, Ansem, and MX all parading around. It seems like the Xheanort's are having a party in the RoS. =P

Still wondering when we'll see some phone camera footage, even if it's just a snippet.
There always seems to be someone who does it ~

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

except it was planned and then cut so it officially qualifies

That's my point: it was cut out from Days. Nomura didn't have to use that world in this game just because he cut it from being in Days. He chose to use it in DDD. Actually by your logic, it should've actually been in BBS or Coded, since those were the games to come out after Days.

Hell, by your warped logic, Jungle Book should've been in Chain of Memories or KH2, since that was supposed to be in KH1. =/

Radar

Bronze Member

Vanitas in the black cloak..Is this more epic than his original outfit?

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

Wait. Mr Yippie gets a rage for saying 'mistakenly trusting the KH franchise', but I don't if I used Hitler-esque concentration camps for the KH fans?

Fuck you, Mr Yippie. Fuck you ;-;

Mr Yippie

Hell, by your warped logic, Jungle Book should've been in Chain of Memories or KH2, since that was supposed to be in KH1. =/

wat

my only logic was that worlds he thought about using in games before DDD had a good chance of appearing in DDD, that was all I was saying (like Pinocchio which almost everyone thought was going to show up)

you rack a disciprine

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wait. Mr Yippie gets a rage for saying 'mistakenly trusting the KH franchise', but I don't if I used Hitler-esque concentration camps for the KH fans?

No, your avatar is from Lain so you get free passes forever from me.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω

i

What's with all the hate on Tron: Legacy?
What made it "a bad movie" in your eyes.

Radar

Bronze Member

I wonder, where is Master Erauqs. No mention of him yet, I assumed some part of him would be in RoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back