• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS I’m starting to think the game was half assed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
Okay, let me just say that if I made KH3, I would go all out with everything from Disney to FF to original content. Of course, that’s not to say Square Enix didn’t do a fantastic job for the most part.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
"Starting to"?

I don't think there's any question at this point that this game was half-@$$ed. My first inkling was when we learned there were only 8 Disney worlds. Then we learned there was no Radiant Garden or the crew of FF that's been there since KH1, and I accepted that we were about to be served another trashpile like KH2. Only now instead of a FM to fix it, they'll be making more money via constant DLC intended to band-aid their half-baked product.

Nomura clearly wanted to get this title over with, despite the fact this was all a mess of his own making. Too bad he took so long making it. If he'd just crapped it out 3 years ago, I don't think I would've been as bothered.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Okay, let me just say that if I made KH3, I would go all out with everything from Disney to FF to original content. Of course, that’s not to say Square Enix didn’t do a fantastic job for the most part.

Of course, that's what I meant when I stated a few weeks ago that there will probably be a large group among the fandom that would make KH III a more intense and all around complete experience than the actual canon things does.

By now I am used to game-canon KH delivering mediocre stuff throughout and it doesn't affect my appreciation of a large majority of the series' characters and the undoubtedly available potential that is there for them.

Thanks to getting KH III three days early I already played it for quite a while and so far I can say the story holds up at least decently and there are build ups and many call-backs and answered questions through smaller cutscenes the leaks simply did not cover so anyone basing their judgement solely on the material of the leaks isn't using the whole picture.

Nonetheless even apart from that I can already tell that KH III isn't as good as it could be. I don't know how much of that can be actually attributed to the one year of development lost and how much is deliberate because of Final Mix/DLC & co. shenanigans.

We already had this with KH 2 so my displease about it is limited, but as I stated already beforehand I do get the vibe that especially Nomura himself wanted to get it over with the current saga of the series as fast as possible because in his mind he's already fully engaged with the new story elements coming afterwards which heavily involve the whole X-era and all associated with it.

ItsBillyTheKid

"Starting to"?

I don't think there's any question at this point that this game was half-@$$ed. My first inkling was when we learned there were only 8 Disney worlds. Then we learned there was no Radiant Garden or the crew of FF that's been there since KH1, and I accepted that we were about to be served another trashpile like KH2. Only now instead of a FM to fix it, they'll be making more money via constant DLC intended to band-aid their half-baked product.

Nomura clearly wanted to get this title over with, despite the fact this was all a mess of his own making. Too bad he took so long making it. If he'd just crapped it out 3 years ago, I don't think I would've been as bothered.

Nothing about this is half-assed, and has been a passion project of his for many years. This is his baby. He clearly wanted it to be good and waited years to make it so. If he wanted to just get it over with, it would've came out in 09. You're clearly not thinking things through.

First of all, regarding the world count,....take into account that Kingdom Hearts 1 is a fantastic game and only had 9 Disney worlds that felt pretty well-crafted and relevant for the most part.

Also, KH2, while a better overall game (no idea where your trashpile comment comes in there, doesn't make sense), had way too many Disney worlds, some of which didn't even matter and were not very well designed as the first games worlds, especially for combat.

Now we have KH3, which is a wonderful balance of everything great in the series in terms of combat/worlds. 8 Disney worlds,....that's only ONE less Disney world than the great Kingdom Hearts 1, AND can we honestly even count Neverland as a full-fledged world? Not really. So technically, it's the same amount as KH1, BUT BETTER, because these worlds are much more vast, diverse, and beautiful than the worlds in KH1 with great design and room for combat.

Any more worlds would be pushing it making the game too bloated, not to mention probably diminish the quality of the other worlds in design and story like KH2 did, even though it's still a great game. This also leaves room for so much more potential in future titles.

Also, the FF characters ARE NOT needed for this story, or any story really, in Kingdom Hearts going forward. Leon and the crew served their purpose in the first two games, and are not necessary to this story finale in the slightest. To have them show up would just feel shoehorned in. If they wanna show up in future titles, sure! Why not? Create some new relevance after this for them, but as for this story, nah. Not needed. Radiant Garden doesn't need to be playable either. Let's get some new locations, yeah? We've been there THREE TIMES in different fashions. Not a big deal that it isn't playable.

And, if you were actually paying attention to things, you'd know that Nomura is not interested in DLC and said that IF they do it, they'll only release ONE paid DLC with a high amount of quality content, anything else being free. His mindset is, "Why waste time on constant DLC when we can make the next game?" Very respectable guy, there. He's not a "let's milk this" kind of dude for the money, but all about the best game that can be made for us all.

Before you try to claim it's half-assed again, make sure you know what you're talking about instead of spewing some BS.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I really don't care if you think those opinions are valid or not, ItsBillyTheKid. That's why I was writing my opinion instead of yours. :D And I don't care enough to waste my time going through and responding to all your nonsense excuses. Your opinion won't change and neither will mine.

ItsBillyTheKid

I really don't care if you think those opinions are valid or not, ItsBillyTheKid. That's why I was writing my opinion instead of yours. :D And I don't care enough to waste my time going through and responding to all your nonsense excuses. Your opinion won't change and neither will mine.

lol, it's not an opinion that it wasn't half-assed. That's a sheer fact based on everything I said. So think what you will. lmao.

Back