• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Spoilers for UX Japan] Theory on Spirits and the New World

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Don’t continue if you aren’t up to date on the story of the Japanese version of UX...

The main story update has Brain sending Ephemera, Skuld, and Ventus to collect ingredients for the new Spirits. I’m thinking these new Spirits will be much more akin to the animal-like Dream Eaters in DDD. So what if the ingredients needed to create them involve animals? If so, maybe the Player is sent to a world like Bambi or Dumbo to collect an item that would hold one of the animal character’s essence, like Dumbo’s feather?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Don’t continue if you aren’t up to date on the story of the Japanese version of UX...

The main story update has Brain sending Ephemera, Skuld, and Ventus to collect ingredients for the new Spirits. I’m thinking these new Spirits will be much more akin to the animal-like Dream Eaters in DDD. So what if the ingredients needed to create them involve animals? If so, maybe the Player is sent to a world like Bambi or Dumbo to collect an item that would hold one of the animal character’s essence, like Dumbo’s feather?

Thoughts?

I like the idea. Am a little concerned about how interactions would play out by sending the human player into a world based on an animal-oriented film, but it could work.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I like the idea. Am a little concerned about how interactions would play out by sending the human player into a world based on an animal-oriented film, but it could work.

Yeah that’s been my concern too. Maybe communication through Chirithy or even our Spirit companions perhaps? It might be interesting to make the latter more relevant.

Question while I’m here: has there been any confirmation that the new world will be released before Kingdom Hearts 3?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yeah that’s been my concern too. Maybe communication through Chirithy or even our Spirit companions perhaps? It might be interesting to make the latter more relevant.

Question while I’m here: has there been any confirmation that the new world will be released before Kingdom Hearts 3?

Sadly no. My hope is that we stop the drip-feeding and finish Enchanted Dominion next month in JP so they can at least reveal the new world/KH3 summon for E3.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I love this idea. And before people wonder, it's not solely because Bambi is the new world. It's more because it's a smart way to integrate the animal-based Disney properties. And just like you mentioned earlier, it's a way to have Chirithy be more involved with the interaction of the Disney worlds.

Here's how I imagine the Bambi world being played out, we visit the world when Bambi and his friends become adults. Naturally, the animals fear the player because he's man. Chirithy then intervenes when he sees that the characters of this world are talking animals. The animals are still intimidated by the player but trust Chirithy. Conversations are not by the player and the Bambi cast, but rather, Chirithy and the Bambi cast (as the animals can't talk to man, a reverse means of interactions from the other Disney worlds visited so far).

Heck, why not have our pet interact with the Bambi cast too? All in all, I genuinely like the idea of this especially the lore connection to Dream Eaters.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Does anyone know when there will be a new story update?

No clue. When was the last one? Hasn’t it been since like September or something that Japan got their last update? Isn’t that highly unusual? What if they don’t get an update until after KH3 releases? It doesn’t make sense that they would have that big of a gap for no reason.

I think most figured UX would get to a soft ending point before KH3 comes out, but maybe it’s not going to. Maybe they have to wait for KH3 before moving the story forward in order to not spoil anything or for it to connect the way they want.

it would kinda make sense that the next world of UX would release after that character is a summon in KH3.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I mean technically September was not the last update it was just the last update of the main plot.
I don't think they are waiting until after KH3 releases since the story is meant to connect to KH3 in some fashion.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean technically September was not the last update it was just the last update of the main plot.
I don't think they are waiting until after KH3 releases since the story is meant to connect to KH3 in some fashion.

I’ve only just started playing so I have no idea where the NA story is currently as I’d previously just been reading the translations from the JP version. I only started doing that a little while back, so pardon me if my knowledge on the timing of things isn’t up to snuff.

But even if it was “just” the last main story update in September, it’s still pretty bogus. In my opinion, there shouldn’t be a seven month gap like that when I’m pretty sure that wasn’t intended to be the ending of the second season’s story. I hate to sound entitled, but it’s just not reasonable to drop your story for so long when it wasn’t at a moment of any finality.

What DOES make sense to me is SE fears people will forget about this game (which let’s be honest is a total cash grab) once KH3 comes out. To prevent that, they give us just enough of the main story to catch our attention, then they wait to give us the rest until after KH3 releases so people will come crawling back.

On a less sour note, the tie-in could be based on stuff we’ve already witnessed in UX, like Lauriam and Ventus for example, or it could be that something will happen in KH3 that they’ll have us come back to UX to discover more about. Maybe something like Braig is Brain and they want to reveal that in KH3 before we see anymore of his actions. (If you don’t support that theory, it’s irrelevant as I’m just using it as an example for what kind of thing they might pull.)

Check out Nomura’s wording. He specifically says the hint for the new world is the summon in KH3. This is a separate statement from when he says we MIGHT be able to figure it out by carefully watching one of the future KH3 trailers. It sounds to me like this new world will still be considered a mystery until KH3 comes out, except to those who watch the trailer with a keen eye.

QA02.png

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Thing is, they announced news of a new Disney world ever since Castle of Dreams was revealed to be Unchained. That was like two years ago. For them not to deliver the new world before Kingdom Hearts III is released is just really awful marketing on Square Enix's part.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Thing is, they announced news of a new Disney world ever since Castle of Dreams was revealed to be Unchained. That was like two years ago. For them not to deliver the new world before Kingdom Hearts III is released is just really awful marketing on Square Enix's part.

I agree. But I’m starting to think they are indeed awful at marketing this game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back