• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► SPOILERS: Famitsu showcases Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Nomura interview released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
, but the Master won’t make an appearance.

Eh, so that means no further MoM-Coaty trolling in KH III?

- So the box’s contents will be revealed in [KHIII]... By the way, in this world that can be considered to be during “the time period spoken about in fairytales”, what sort of position is the X-blade in?

Nomura: The Master knows about its existence. Using the X-blade as a model, he creates his own Keyblades. Well, by create I don’t mean that in the physical sense, such as forging and tempering them, I mean more along the lines of pulling one out from the depths of a heart.

Ahaaaa, that's some very interesting stuff here Nomura, so the creation of a Keyblade does indeed involve hearts in general to a certain degree, this takes me back to the statement from an old interview that there are "as many Keyblades as there are qualified hearts". Nicely played Nomura.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Aaaaand it's done! Big thank you to Goldpanner and Saken for all their hard work!!

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
Thanks for the translations!

—We're very interested in what will unfold in season two of KHUχ.
Nomura: We're calling it season two right now, but in a way it will be a total rebirth. We're using the opportunity to add huge new features, and many parts will be made new. The story approaches a massive turning point, too. Actually, we showed a hint towards the characters that hold the key to that on the official twitter. Ephemera, Skuld, Ventus, and then two more… whose faces I haven't shown… but, the five of them hold the key. You can be sure that a huge upheaval will take place.

Aah, is he saying that the two figures in back of the Ux anniversary sketch are new characters? I'd be down for more original X characters, even with as extensive of a cast we already have.

- So the box’s contents will be revealed in [KHIII]... By the way, in this world that can be considered to be during “the time period spoken about in fairytales”, what sort of position is the X-blade in?

Nomura: The Master knows about its existence. Using the X-blade as a model, he creates his own Keyblades. Well, by create I don’t mean that in the physical sense, such as forging and tempering them, I mean more along the lines of pulling one out from the depths of a heart.
I feel like this piece of information should've been shown in X[chi] or the movie, but it's nice that they've finally touched upon it. If the MoM used the X-blade as a model, would that imply that he possessed it, or at least came into contact with it in some form at some point? Ava's lines in BC suggest that he was at least familiar with Kingdom Hearts.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks for all the hard work with the translations, that must have been certainly a task to tackle with how big this interview is.

Thanks for the translations!

Aah, is he saying that the two figures in back of the Ux anniversary sketch are new characters? I'd be down for more original X characters, even with as extensive of a cast we already have.

I dunno about that, Nomura only states he hasn't shown their faces yet, which could indicate new characters but could also mean if they are already known characters that they're kept hidden for the reason of a bigger "surprise" in Unchained X itself.

If they are known characters, there are several possibilities as to who they could be:
- Naminé
- Xion
- Roxas
- Vanitas

among others, basically any character which is "sleeping" is probably eglible.

It's also possible that one of the two unknowns is Maleficent since she was teased in the last chapter of Browser-chi, but I dunno if she could be counted as a "key" to a "massive turning point" in the story that will serve to apparently radically alter the events of Unchained X away from the ones in Browser Chi.
Perhaps Unchained doesn't end in the apocalyptic war scenes we saw in Browser-chi.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Uhm wat?
Goddamnit Nomura, please.
You just put everything together in one place with the remixes and then you pull something like that?

If the "important parts connected to the main story" can only be experienced by playing Browser-chi (which is Japan-exclusive and by now dead) and Unchained X, what's the friggin' point of Back Cover beyond fleshing the Foretellers out as characters?

I'd argue that the parts connected to the main story are actually those most of the fandom would be interested in and yet this reeks of another case of bad presentation and scattering some puzzle pieces on different soil so it becomes generally harder to make sense of things.

Nomura truly deserves the heats he gets sometimes. He just can't help himself and it's hurting the series' appeal.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Thanks for the translations, Goldpanner and Saken!

Riku's hairstyle has also changed
Given how short Riku's hair is now, how much could it really change? Dude gonna get a buzz cut?

- Were decorations such as the cat ears also a choice of the staff?
Nomura: Yep. The plans as well as all the choices were all by the staff. There were some designs I had to decline, but mostly all of it was implemented into the game.
I'm really curious about these decorations that didn't make it in. Like, were they inappropriate?

Now, it should be noted that [KHxBC] is a story about the Foretellers and the events that occurred behind the scenes, so for the parts of the story which are important and connected to the main story, including the Keyblade War, I have separated the story telling of that into [KHx] and [KHUx], which can only be experienced by playing them.
B-B-But you said....

*does best Sora*
Why, then?
Why did you lie to us and tell us we they weren't necessary?

He doesn't get annoyed, he doesn't scheme, but when he's serious, he's serious.
I like hearing this.

- There was one more person important to the story – Luxu. Performed by Kenjiro Tsuda, how did that all begin?

Nomura: In all my works, including [KH], Hiroshi Shimizu has always been in charge of supervising and controlling audio, as well as directing the compilation and editing. When I talked to him about the secrets behind Luxu, and consulted with him about who would suit to voice him, he was the one to recommend Tsuda-san. Tsuda-san has played “Shakespeare” in another game called “Rampage Land Rankers” and also provided the Japanese dub for the voice of Kylo Ren in Star Wars 7.
Have you ever wondered if Nomura just really wants to make a Star Wars game? XD

- The Master appears to be quite the important character, will we find out the reason for his disappearance in [KHIII]?

Nomura: Some of the story developments from [KHxBC] will be touched upon in some way or shape in [KHIII], but the Master won’t make an appearance. As for his “surprise” on the other hand...

- By that are you talking about the box that the Master called a “Suprii~se!” and entrusted to Luxu along with the Keyblade? There was also something written on it...

Nomura: The perceptive fan may have already worked it out but, it still remains a secret. In [KHIII], a certain person is looking for that box..
Bummer. Don't give us the best character ever and then have him not appear in the big game.

But his "surprise"..... Hmmm....
Wouldn't be great if the "surprise" in the box is when you open it, it shoots out confetti? Maybe even a big sign saying "SURPRISE!!!"

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura: Dream Eaters, Spirits and Nightmares, will appear in KHUχ season two. Also, there will be a feature relating to them in KH3.

Sora's Secret?

Glad to hear the Dream eaters will be back!

Hirokey123

Awards
Riku's hair actually isn't that short, it's shorter than when he was a hobo but it's got a decent length so a lot could be done with it. I noticed there was enough length in the back and it had been narrowed to a point it looks like it could easily be fastened into a ponytail...and ponytail riku is all I need in my life. Something like this maybe....but without the older Sora sitting in his lap.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/0a/20/68/0a20689a1075372b8ca1b0676a36b07d.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku's hair actually isn't that short, it's shorter than when he was a hobo but it's got a decent length so a lot could be done with it. I noticed there was enough length in the back and it had been narrowed to a point it looks like it could easily be fastened into a ponytail...and ponytail riku is all I need in my life. Something like this maybe....but without the older Sora sitting in his lap.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/0a/20/68/0a20689a1075372b8ca1b0676a36b07d.jpg

I'm fine with Sora staying lol

But really, yeah I'd love to see Riku with a ponytail. It would work well with the way his hair falls. (Also the outfits in Beroberos' drawing are nice too tbh)

Or a half-up style:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8c/88/f1/8c88f19bf5fb4f1db98c235dda0e0869.jpg

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i'm cursious what does kairi new outfit she wear in kh3 if will be a different design form the kingdom hearts x 3rd anniversy art and if her hair is cut like in the picture

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Ponytail Riku would make my entire life! Aah!

I love Nomura to death, and Unchained X is technically free, but still, way to tell us that Back Cover doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things! Like, jeez, I know most of it wasn't really too much that pertained to the future, but I didn't need a wake up call that harsh to play through Unchained X is all :p

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
After finally getting my copy, I can read this.

That box, I'm so curious about it. Who's looking for it? What does it do? What's the purpose of passing down his Keyblade, and the eye, if the Master himself can't utilize it in the future? I really have no idea what he's thinking...

The χ content alone will make KHIII's story quite the ride.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
After finally getting my copy, I can read this.

That box, I'm so curious about it. Who's looking for it? What does it do? What's the purpose of passing down his Keyblade, and the eye, if the Master himself can't utilize it in the future? I really have no idea what he's thinking...

The χ content alone will make KHIII's story quite the ride.

The point of passing down the keyblade with the eye is so that The Master can be gifted with the knowledge of foresight, and, as long as Luxu and his successors successfully pass down this keyblade, The Master can see that far into the future. This no doubt helps out whatever his real plan is, and I'm sure that The Master's plans for the future lie in Luxu's ability to pass this keyblade throughout the ages. No one knows what he's really thinking, though.

As for the box... I don't know, fireworks with a sign that says "surprise!" on it? It sounds like something he'd do.

I agree, this certainly has more to do with the future story than Nomura originally led on.

Luxu

Awards
The wealth of info in this! What interests me is the 5 people.

Lets see, Ephemera, Skuld, Ventus, perhaps >Player<, and a mysterious 5th one play a huge role in the 2nd storyline! And the "Dream Eaters" and "Nightmares" give us more proof that we are in the RoS.

But is it possible that Sora may be looking for the box? As the Key to Return Hearts may be inside it?

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
The wealth of info in this! What interests me is the 5 people.

Lets see, Ephemera, Skuld, Ventus, perhaps >Player<, and a mysterious 5th one play a huge role in the 2nd storyline! And the "Dream Eaters" and "Nightmares" give us more proof that we are in the RoS.

But is it possible that Sora may be looking for the box? As the Key to Return Hearts may be inside it?

Your thoughts with the box are my thoughts exactly. I think that's the most obvious conclusion however, maybe something else completely unheard of could be inside?

I think they either tell us that they're in the realm of sleep (which is pretty much confirmed by now) or that Dream Eaters didn't originate in the realm of sleep, they just thrive there. With the story line of Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Chip, & Dale visiting Daybreak Town (which is, in my opinion, the most unexplored mystery of the X universe), Maleficent from present day being there in season 2, and the dream eater symbol being present on the chirithy, it's pretty much canon that Daybreak Town MUST be in the realm of sleep. That also means that the realm of sleep existed BEFORE the events of Kingdom Hearts I, and that maybe Dream Eaters existed before the realm did if it wasn't.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Ephemera, Skuld, Ventus, and then two more... whose faces I haven't shown... but, the five of them hold they key.
I can't believe I didn't realize this until now. Here I was, thinking they'd be new characters.

It's the Master and Luxu.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Or any of the foretellers for that matter.

This might be possible as well, especially since Ephemer is practically "second in-command" of the Dandelions and leads them whenever Ava isn't around.
With Unchained X soon totally deviating from the plot of Browser-Chi it is possible that, with the help of Ephemer, Skuld and Ventus, Ava will be one of the additional two to bring about the huge changes Nomura is teasing.

This would only raise the question then who the last person is.

Who knows, maybe this group will go about trying to find the traitor together?
In that case, having access to and trying to interpret the ambigious Lost page might be an important asset to gain.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I can't believe I didn't realize this until now. Here I was, thinking they'd be new characters.

It's the Master and Luxu.

But the Master of Masters dissapears and Luxu was not meant to dabble directly in the events leading up to the Keyblade war, he had a task to survive beyond the Keyblade War and take that mystery box with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back