• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers. dont enter fi you havent beat DLC.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PStuder12321

Dude... Im about to give up... like legit... the boss fights are so terrible. after a month of hating the game so much... and not enjoying a single inch of the fights.. im finally to yozora... yup... its beyond the worst fight ever... I literally cant do anything... its soooooooooo bad. Is there anywhere I can just watch the good ending. cause like.... they never should have released this crap... I cant take it anymore... the devs are so bad. How did they think this would be even remotely fun...

Sorry about the complaining but yeah... Im so burned out... its impossible im throughly convinced. iM on easy. maxed level. max gear.. I cant get any stronger. I get hit once Im all but dead. theres no time to heal or do anything. I can barely keep up with all the spamfest crap happening crap evenmy game has a hard time keeping up. its insanely bad. I just wanna see thescene :/ I hate the devs so much right now. they've ruined kingdom hearts for me by making these horribly awful fights.

Cumguardian69

Awards
(1) What is up with the massive amounts of dots?

(2) Yozora is one of the best boss fights in the series. If you really need help, watch WillJV2 or ninten866 take him down, and just do what they do.

PStuder12321

(1) What is up with the massive amounts of dots?

(2) Yozora is one of the best boss fights in the series. If you really need help, watch WillJV2 or ninten866 take him down, and just do what they do.

dots express tone of competely defeated and giving up.

I have watched them. I know what to do. getting the game to do it is anotherstory. I cant tell you how many times ive died because I told the game to dodge or block and it doesnt register. I dont think its one fo the best at all. I think its one of the worst. I usedto play test video games. I never would have approved ANY of those fights to be released. Its great if you got a lot of time and no life. but for the average player....no....they are horrible...like beyond horrible. Theres a reason most games that do insane fights like that, have a easy version.

Cumguardian69

Awards
OK. SO THE NEXT STEP IS TO RECORD YOUR GAMEPLAY. POST IT TO YOUTUBE/MIXER/WHATEVER so it can be critiqued. I promise you it's user error. I can beat Yozora any day even when I'm drunk.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
*hug*

I haven't even tried beating those bosses. I'm so bad. I watched the endings and most fights ("with style" XD) on YouTube and I'm saving them for the day I need to scream at something :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It’s not easy. I certainly haven’t finished them all, but you should take your time. Focus on one enemy at a time. Learn their patterns. Watch some videos on YT. Drink your favorite calming drink. Cuss the game out.

You’ll get it once you learn their patterns and your muscle memory gets better.

PStuder12321

OK. SO THE NEXT STEP IS TO RECORD YOUR GAMEPLAY. POST IT TO YOUTUBE/MIXER/WHATEVER so it can be critiqued. I promise you it's user error. I can beat Yozora any day even when I'm drunk.

well thats great for you. *looks to the rest of the fanbase who actually have jobs and cant live on video games.* K

*hug*

I haven't even tried beating those bosses. I'm so bad. I watched the endings and most fights ("with style" XD) on YouTube and I'm saving them for the day I need to scream at something :)

Lol. I feel like thats cheating so I try really hard not to do it. But man am I close.

It’s not easy. I certainly haven’t finished them all, but you should take your time. Focus on one enemy at a time. Learn their patterns. Watch some videos on YT. Drink your favorite calming drink. Cuss the game out.

You’ll get it once you learn their patterns and your muscle memory gets better.

lol <3 good advice. My coworkers always no when I've been playing them trying to beat them cause I have no voice rofl. Im at yozora but cant beat it.

okhi12

Awards
EZ codes to replenish HP and MP. It's cheating, I know, but if you're going to give up you might as well try it. If you don't have a playthrough where EZ codes are available you could start the game again and breeze it by abusing that code that kills everything in one hit and skipping cutscenes.

I have beaten him without EZ codes just once, on standard difficulty. I had to synthesize those items that raise Sora's strenght, defense and magic until those parameters reached the maximum in order to have a chance because I'm not good at blocking and Yozora is very unforgiving. It took me several days of grinding and farming synthesis materials, so it's not an ideal option if you don't have much time to play, but you could maximize Sora's defense only so he has a better chance of surviving Yozora's attacks. That would take you just a few hours.

It's a difficult fight, but it's not unfair at all. Unless he steals your Kupo coin, that is. I'd avoid using it.
Good luck!

AR829038

Awards
Dude... Im about to give up... like legit... the boss fights are so terrible. after a month of hating the game so much... and not enjoying a single inch of the fights.. im finally to yozora... yup... its beyond the worst fight ever... I literally cant do anything... its soooooooooo bad. Is there anywhere I can just watch the good ending. cause like.... they never should have released this crap... I cant take it anymore... the devs are so bad. How did they think this would be even remotely fun...

Sorry about the complaining but yeah... Im so burned out... its impossible im throughly convinced. iM on easy. maxed level. max gear.. I cant get any stronger. I get hit once Im all but dead. theres no time to heal or do anything. I can barely keep up with all the spamfest crap happening crap evenmy game has a hard time keeping up. its insanely bad. I just wanna see thescene :/ I hate the devs so much right now. they've ruined kingdom hearts for me by making these horribly awful fights.
First of all, if all you want is to see the cutscenes, they're right up on YouTube for you to search. You can just type in KH3 Yozora Good Ending and it won't at all be difficult to find.
If you've made it all the way to Yozora, then no one can say you really suck at the game. Yozora is hard, but he is in every way beatable. You just need to learn the right patterns and movesets for him. If you've checked out WillJV2's videos (or really, the videos of anyone who's beaten Yozora), and you still are having trouble, then the problem may be something to do with you. Maybe you're more tired as of late and your reflexes are a bit slow. Whatever it is, it can't be the game if you made it past the data battles and are just suddenly falling flat with Yozora, because he's not that different from the data fights.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The DLC fights are hard, and Yozora takes the cake. I only beat him once on Beginner Mode and I had nearly invincible defense thanks to Defense Ups. I was murdered by him in Proud Mode. Like everyone else has said, it's all about learning the fight, learning when to attack and guard and to find openings to punish him. Lots of videos on Youtube can help find the openings such as WillJV2 as many have suggested already. They are frustrating fights but beatable. Also like okhi12 said, make sure not to have a Kupo Coin because if he steals that thing, yikes!

Edit: You could use the EZ codes to beat everything and use them for training. If you are dying to quickly to Yozora, EZ codes can help keep you alive and learn the fight at your own pace and when you feel ready to take him on for real you can turn the codes off and fight him normally. That's entirely up to you though. I used Beginner Mode/Codes for training all the time before fighting them again in Proud. It's up to you, best of luck.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
My strategy to beat Master Xehanort and Yozora was max everything, eat food, synthesize tons of Attack/Defense Ups, and memorize their attack patterns.

I went back a few times after beating Yozora to try again, I have never been able to beat him again. It just takes some time to practice and learn his movements. Xion and Master Xehanort actually help with that, so maybe you should fight them a few times again?

Mexican Sora

Awards
The limit cut fights are still a bit cheap but nowhere as cheap as the Mysterious Figure from BBS. At least with these you can actually get some hits on and not have to dodge and spam the entire time.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I feel like everyone else has said everything I would in regards to the battle advice aspect of your question, but maybe for some general battle advice:

-Yozora has two separate types of attack "colors", red and blue. When he uses a blue attack you cannot block it with guard. At all. It will go straight through. Very often with his laser beams he will alternate with something like red, red, blue, red...etc. This means you can't just stand there and guard through them all because the blue one will 100% hit you and then generally chain into forcing you to get hit by the next red laser as well. So, either you need to get into the habit of alternating your defense so that you do something like block, block, dodge roll, block OR just dodge roll from all of them.

-Every single one of his attacks has a set timing. Are you a musician at all by chance? Very often I find with his fight the best thing to do was to keep an internal "beat" going in my head for every one of his moves. For example, one of his attacks he will freeze, pull his blade back behind him to "charge" it (and at this point the blade glows either red or blue). I found during this, the safest method to survive for me was to literally just time it. Just before he attacks there is a brief flash of light that tries to trick you into blocking early, but you actually have to guard/roll a second AFTER the flash. So in my experience there was always, exactly enough time for me to think in my head: tick, tick, tick, flash, BLOCK (or roll, if it was a blue light). I would say this out loud sometimes until I internalized it.

The same applies to the pyramid "cage" he traps you in. Not only does each one have a very distinct, set "time" after he traps you when you can roll out of it, if you have mp you can get a very very easy combo off on him here just by casting thunder because it stuns him and you should be close enough to just hit him right after. You can also break out of these just by using a transformation if you have one stocked.

Here is my actual recommendation: do not play the fight to win. Just don't. Don't even play the fight to hit him. The first handful or so times I battled this guy I was 100% on the defensive, learning exactly how to dodge every single one of the moves I could see. I never tried to hit him at all, ever. The point was to learn exactly when and how to avoid getting hit. Once i learned the timing on his attacks, and it was all practice, I was able to find windows to attack him. If you don't feel like trial and erroring how to dodge the attacks yourself, definitely do what others recommended and look up the videos showing you the steps and then just practice doing what they do.

Seriously. Defense is your best offense here. When I first beat him that is 100% the strategy I used: I learned how to dodge/block/survive most things, found 2 - 3 openings of his during attacks I felt the most comfortable with where I could damage him back and then just survived, rolling around like an idiot the rest of the time until those attack windows came back up again and I just slowly wore him down. It wasn't the most elegant victory, but it certainly worked and it was far less stressful I think in the end than going into it feeling like every death was a "failure" because I could tell myself "hey, I am not trying to beat him this time. I'm trying to learn how to dodge XX attack."

I really hope some of that helps!

I usedto play test video games. I never would have approved ANY of those fights to be released. Its great if you got a lot of time and no life. but for the average player....no....they are horrible...like beyond horrible.

I feel like I just simply have to hard disagree with you, unfortunately. These fights were an absolute delight for me (but i can absolutely see how they are frustrating and challenging as well!)

These fights were marketed and designed specifically to be hard because that is what people asked for. People complained endlessly that there weren't any "super hard make-me-cry style boss fights" in the base game. So the team said okay, that is exactly what we will put in. Challenging optional fights. If Yozora was just part of the main base game, just a random story boss with no warning then yes, I would agree with you that having such a challenging fight compared to the rest of the game would have been ridiculous and anyone monitoring quality control should point that out. But...this isn't a random level that is just stupidly hard for no reason. It's a secret fight that is supposed to destroy you, designed and marketed and advertised to be hard, that absolutely your "average" gamer should have difficulty in fighting. Like...that is the point.

I mean, you say you play-tested games but like...how would you have felt about play testing a game like dark souls? Would you have said it was awful and crap because the game is literally designed to expect you to die and die frequently?

I mean, your opinion is your opinion and I'm not wanting to stand here and tell you you can't not like something. If it's not your cup of tea then it's just not and that's okay. But to say this should never have passed any sort of quality control is a bit much, imo.

Theres a reason most games that do insane fights like that, have a easy version.

But...there actually is an "easy" version, though? They implemented an ENTIRE set of codes that you can mix and match to make the challenge appropriate to your skill level. Not only can you set the game on beginner, you can give yourself assistance all the way to making yourself straight up invincible, basically. While yes, you can absolutely just toggle on the 1-hit-KO just to see the cutscenes, you can also just opt for some of the "lesser" ones like regen hp, mp and auto block if you are having trouble guarding and still want to "do" the fights. Bam, a customizable easy mode.

Like...I really don't want to sound like I am insulting you or treating you like a child, but those codes are in the game for a reason. If you can't get past a fight for whatever reason the solution isn't to rage out the game and say it is horribly designed and crap because it is a challenge. Just take a deep breath, make a file that has the codes active and go to town.

I honestly don't understand why you are banging your head against the wall to the point that you are HATING the game instead of just...using the tools they put in the game to help you. If you don't have the free time to practice and you need a little help there is 100% no shame in using codes to help you. Life happens and if anyone makes fun of you or thinks less of you for it, that's their problem. Games are meant to be fun and if you aren't having fun then stop torturing yourself, just let the game give you whatever helping hand you think you need the most.

Foxycian

Awards
Tbh That was their biggest mistake making a hard bosses part of The story when they should have been made optional, I beat them all even Yozora but it was on Standard/Normal and it wasn’t easy.

PStuder12321

It's a difficult fight, but it's not unfair at all. Unless he steals your Kupo coin, that is. I'd avoid using it.
Good luck!

Shortening all quotes for space.

Yeah, I kinda like my kupo coin xD it saves me a lot in his DM. though tbh he rarely steals it from me and I just surrender if he does lol xD But it happens so little. Im really good at dodging the beam. But, what are EZCodes? I've never heard of them before?

If you've made it all the way to Yozora, then no one can say you really suck at the game. Yozora is hard, but he is in every way beatable. You just need to learn the right patterns and movesets for him.

Good advice. and thanks for not saying I suck or the whole, well I beat him speel. Really is the most annoying answer possible lol. As for learning the patterns I feel ive got them down pretty well. the part I feel I struggle the most with is the blocking and dodging. I have a hard time getting sora to block when I want him to or dodge when I want him to. a lot of times he goes for that extra swing or two, I've wondered about turning combos off and see if that helps tbh. And since Yozora IS so unforgiving usually that extra swing costs me big xD

The DLC fights are hard, and Yozora takes the cake. I only beat him once on Beginner Mode and I had nearly invincible defense thanks to Defense Ups. I was murdered by him in Proud Mode.

Edit: You could use the EZ codes to beat everything and use them for training.

Yeah my defense is pretty low NGL. I didnt grind it up or anything but I dont think I can go back and grind it now so I cant really do that without restarting game, but Ive never heard of EZ Codes, perhaps they can help with that?

My strategy to beat Master Xehanort and Yozora was max everything, eat food.

Yeah... IDK why I havent thought to eat my food eat. rofl.

The limit cut fights are still a bit cheap but nowhere as cheap as the Mysterious Figure from BBS. At least with these you can actually get some hits on and not have to dodge and spam the entire time.

I didnt have to do Mysterious Figure as there was no important canon behind it like now xD lol so luckily I wouldnt know.

I feel like everyone else has said everything I would in regards to the battle advice aspect of your question, but maybe for some general battle advice:

So side note. yeah Dark souls is heavily debated to jsut be a masichist game. theres a reason ive NEVER touched it rofl.
As for these codes.I guess I really needto check them out. three of you ahve mentioned them and im clueless about them lol. The onlyway to make it easier I know is to do the whole game over on easy mode. I actually am going to replay all the games in chronological order but wanted to beat Yozora first. If those can make the fight even just a tad easier that would be insanely helpful. Ive got to much pride to cheat but I do wish I had put the game on easy mode, I've never had so much trouble with fights before now.

Tbh That was their biggest mistake making a hard bosses part of The story when they should have been made optional, I beat them all even Yozora but it was on Standard/Normal and it wasn’t easy.

I usually don't agree with putting important or significant canon mode behind a metagame fight. For this reason. Not everyone likes Metagame fights. While there is a fan base that does which is perfectly fine hats off to them. I personally am one of the ones that dont handle mass stress well xD Hence why im here begging for help lol.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
But, what are EZCodes? I've never heard of them before?

So, good news and bad news!

Good news is they are very easy and convenient to toggle on and off, and have a whole variety of mixing and matching possibilities, meaning you can make the game as tricky or as easy as you like.

Bad news is you will need to start a new file to have them active.

When you start a New Game (or new game plus), so long as you have the DLC downloaded you will actually get a brand new option that pops up during the intro tutorial sequence. Right after you have Sora chose his difficulty and battle options by selecting from the photos that drop down, you will get a completely separate prompt that will ask you if you want codes active. You have the option of turning on EZ Codes (to make the game less challenging), Pro Codes (to make the game more challenging) or No Codes, which runs the game in its default setting.

If you select the EZ Codes option, you will be given access to a brand new menu (which you can open and tweak anytime outside of battle) of different codes you can select. The list of EZ Code options are:

Deadly Blow - You can defeat everything in 1 hit (it is an OP as it sounds)
Auto-Block - Sora will auto block things for you (with some exceptions)
HP Regen - constant hp regen is active
MP Regen - same, but for your mp
Focus Regen- same, but for your focus bar
Form Change - you will constantly generate points towards your formchange gauge so you can use transformations more frequently even if you dont attack to build up the combo
Attraction Pass - attractions appear super frequently
Best combo - team attack appear super frequently
Overflow - Rage form appears more frequently
Everlink - when you use a link it stays around longer
AP free - all abilities cost 0 ap
Survival - both allies AND enemies get their stats boosted (probably leave this off if you want things easier)
Cooking Master- always get excellent when cooking
Shop Discount - shop prices are 50% off
Gummi ship Master - Basically a free pass to never need to do anything gummi ship related, you will be lvl 99 with all items including all the ships

What I think a lot of people do when they want to get back up to the limit cut content while having EZ Codes active is they start a new game file, turn on Deadly Blow (or just turn on everything) then just skip every cutscene and race through the game. Then once you get back to the data fights you can opt to turn that off to actually fight them legit or just blow them all up in one hit until you get to Yozora again and adjust your settings to how you like it. Just 1HKO-ing everything in the game means you should be able to get right back to Yozora fairly quickly-- might just take a few hours of your time at the most.

I did a really fun "its you or me bud" play through where I set the game to Critical Mode, lvl 1, but also turned on EZ Codes Survival and Deadly Blow. The result was I could kill everything in one hit, but everything else could also kill ME in one hit. So it was a constant race to see who could get who first. Very, very funny results sometimes. Boss fights were a complete joke at how fast they exploded from one Fire spell (and it never stopped being hilarious) but some of the Heartless mobs ended up being pretty dang scary, haha.

If you feel like it's cheating to beat Yozora with the codes on you can always just have a file with them on that you use to practice on him until you think you can go back to beat him with your other file.

Last edited:

PStuder12321

So, good news and bad news!

Good news is they are very easy and convenient to toggle on and off, and have a whole variety of mixing and matching possibilities, meaning you can make the game as tricky or as easy as you like.

Bad news is you will need to start a new file to have them active.

When you start a New Game (or new game plus), so long as you have the DLC downloaded you will actually get a brand new option that pops up during the intro tutorial sequence. Right after you have Sora chose his difficulty and battle options by selecting from the photos that drop down, you will get a completely separate prompt that will ask you if you want codes active. You have the option of turning on EZ Codes (to make the game less challenging), Pro Codes (to make the game more challenging) or No Codes, which runs the game in its default setting.

If you select the EZ Codes option, you will be given access to a brand new menu (which you can open and tweak anytime outside of battle) of different codes you can select. The list of EZ Code options are:

Deadly Blow - You can defeat everything in 1 hit (it is an OP as it sounds)
Auto-Block - Sora will auto block things for you (with some exceptions)
HP Regen - constant hp regen is active
MP Regen - same, but for your mp
Focus Regen- same, but for your focus bar
Form Change - you will constantly generate points towards your formchange gauge so you can use transformations more frequently even if you dont attack to build up the combo
Attraction Pass - attractions appear super frequently
Best combo - team attack appear super frequently
Overflow - Rage form appears more frequently
Everlink - when you use a link it stays around longer
AP free - all abilities cost 0 ap
Survival - both allies AND enemies get their stats boosted (probably leave this off if you want things easier)
Cooking Master- always get excellent when cooking
Shop Discount - shop prices are 50% off
Gummi ship Master - Basically a free pass to never need to do anything gummi ship related, you will be lvl 99 with all items including all the ships

What I think a lot of people do when they want to get back up to the limit cut content while having EZ Codes active is they start a new game file, turn on Deadly Blow (or just turn on everything) then just skip every cutscene and race through the game. Then once you get back to the data fights you can opt to turn that off to actually fight them legit or just blow them all up in one hit until you get to Yozora again and adjust your settings to how you like it. Just 1HKO-ing everything in the game means you should be able to get right back to Yozora fairly quickly-- might just take a few hours of your time at the most.

I did a really fun "its you or me bud" play through where I set the game to Critical Mode, lvl 1, but also turned on EZ Codes Survival and Deadly Blow. The result was I could kill everything in one hit, but everything else could also kill ME in one hit. So it was a constant race to see who could get who first. Very, very funny results sometimes. Boss fights were a complete joke at how fast they exploded from one Fire spell (and it never stopped being hilarious) but some of the Heartless mobs ended up being pretty dang scary, haha.

If you feel like it's cheating to beat Yozora with the codes on you can always just have a file with them on that you use to practice on him until you think you can go back to beat him with your other file.

Wooooooooowww thats soo exetremely helpfullll I did not know about thiiisss.. sucks i ahve to amke a new game but yeah fi I cna jsut one shto everything abck to yozora and then turn everything off it should be good. As really the only problem I ahve is I cant get block to work correctly for me. (I must just be a hair off sometimes.) What usually kills me is I'll tell sora to block but he'll be doing a combo and keep swinging so I get hit. I wonder if auto block would solve this. (and yes I know its cause I spam x to hyperly.) So really if I jsut turn on auto block maybethat should give me that tiny last bit of edge I need?

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
What usually kills me is I'll tell sora to block but he'll be doing a combo and keep swinging so I get hit. I wonder if auto block would solve this. (and yes I know its cause I spam x to hyperly.) So really if I jsut turn on auto block maybethat should give me that tiny last bit of edge I need?

It's certainly worth a try if you have the time to set it up!
However, just warning you: it's possible that auto-block would help out, but it is worthwhile to note that auto-block is going to be overwritten by any attack commands that you put in yourself. So if you are just constantly bashing the attack button you might find the auto block won't work as effectively (not saying it won't work at all, it just might not 100% save you).

Maybe put on auto block on a separate save file and test it out on some Heartless to see if it works for you before you sink a few hours into getting yourself all the way up to Yozora before you realize it doesn't actually help your particular situation.

In terms of attacking time...I'm not sure if this will help, but I find that Yozora actually recovers quite quickly from when you create an opening so long combos are riskier. If he visually staggers you should definitely have enough time to get a full combo in, but not much more unless you get another separate stun in. I found he recovered almost exactly mid-way through my second combo without another stagger--a bit more and a bit less depending on if I used a Shotlock gap closer initially to reach him. Maybe until you feel that you can gauge the timings a bit better it might help just to attack until you see Sora use his finisher move and then back off. You won't get as many potential hits in that way, but then you are far less likely to be stuck in the middle of a combo and unable to guard when you need to. If you are in a form change that is a lot trickier because it throws the timings off. If you stun him WITH your form change, you are probably good to keep using it but if you attack him a bit, then form change, it's far more likely for him to recover mid-combo, putting yourself at risk. I would recommend if that keeps happening to "stock" your form change and switch Keyblades until you are ready to do a combo and then switch back over to it, or just use the form change itself to stun him, do your combo, then stock it by swapping Keyblades once you get one finisher off and back away until you get another opening.

I actually realize you never said what Keyblade you are using, but I would highly recommend either using Ultima, Oblivion or Oathkeeper if you have them. I used Oathkeeper the most (due to visual preference) and found light form to be a HUGE asset.

Also, maybe you know this as well but if you ever get the prompt for Rage form it can actually be quite a good life saver if timed properly. If I get the prompt sometimes I save it for if I need to heal but I don't want to use my mp/items. Or, in some cases it can work as a panic heal if you don't have any other resources at all since entering the form gives you full hp. It also has decently good dodge mechanics and you can use the absorb heart 3 times move spam to cheat and take advantage of some invincibility frames. I wouldn't necessarily recommend hanging out in Rage form if you aren't used to using it, but if you are at 1 hp and don't want to risk timing using an item you can always rage, immediately spam the 3 heart move, limit to return to normal and you SHOULD have >1 hp left or hopefully another opening to heal.

Back