• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Spoilers Days) Zexion/Roxas/Riku DI Scene

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Saïx;4018680 said:
It's because the game has a shitty story.

You have very poor taste.

I thought it was just another example of the game's god-awful story. And why the fuck did she turn into crystals? That does not make sense. Xion was s stupid character, and had no reason to be in the story at all. I was happy during her death scene.

Why the fuck does Xehanort's Heartless explode with a bunch of rainbow colors? That's just how they chose to have him explode/fade/whatever. It's from creative design stand-point. She's a replica, anything is bound to happen to her when she's killed. Jeeze, you pick THAT to complain about? :/

Last edited:
Awards
Why the fuck does Xehanort's Heartless explode with a bunch of rainbow colors? That's just how they chose to have him explode/fade/whatever. It's from creative design stand-point. She's a replica, anything is bound to happen to her when she's killed. Jeeze, you pick THAT to complain about? :/

Actually, when you think about it, the theme of Xion's death is pretty fitting. Crystal is used for both memory storage and projection (see LCDs) in the technology of real life as well as science fiction (in a more advanced manner). It's also a fitting theme for the Cavern of Remembrance and the data battles.

Then there's the theoretical "crystal intelligence" that would involve memories, but that's probably pushing it a bit far.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I think it was simply a touching and lovely design choice, is all.
Nothing to get upset at the writer about, for goodness sake.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I believe it's a recording of what happened in CO.

English version shows Riku is his pre-Days get-up, and Zexy's line sounds a bit familiar.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
I think it was simply a touching and lovely design choice, is all.
Nothing to get upset at the writer about, for goodness sake.
I thought it made it even sadder, like i was crying already and then she started crystalizing and i was like "NO! DON'T LIKE SHATTER INTO PIECES!" I thought it also represented the fact she was made of memories and the shards flying into the air were the shards of memory.....

On the topic I have no clue what it means.......

canito_q

I believe it's a recording of what happened in CO.

English version shows Riku is his pre-Days get-up, and Zexy's line sounds a bit familiar.

Send link please :D

Saix, you're an ass, you know alot, your cool and all, but still, you're an ass.
So what? That's my opinion.

On Topic: ...... nothing to say

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Actually, when you think about it, the theme of Xion's death is pretty fitting. Crystal is used for both memory storage and projection (see LCDs) in the technology of real life as well as science fiction (in a more advanced manner). It's also a fitting theme for the Cavern of Remembrance and the data battles.

Then there's the theoretical "crystal intelligence" that would involve memories, but that's probably pushing it a bit far.

Actually that makes a lot of sense.

This thread has gone way out of topic. Saix, do what everyone says, make a thread where everyone can discuss about Days' flaws instead of popping into random threads and telling us that the game is bad.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I think that translation is ok xD I got somethings like otomodachi, wich means friends and stuff like that, so it could be =O but the scene is different from the one on RE CoM So o.o WTH could be different or not? >_>

I thought the scenes are the same. Riku is in his KH1 and COM gear, the lines are all the same, the only thing different is the presence of Roxas/Xion whoever he or she is.

Last edited:

Grey

My guess is that Riku's memory somehow moved into Sora's heart, and because the memory wasn't Sora's, Xion experienced an error. Since Xion is directly related to Roxas, as Roxas is Sora and Xion is Sora's memory, when Riku's memory played, Roxas was affected.

I don't think that the person who falls down is Xion, because beforehand, Roxas is calling out Xion's name. I doubt Xion would be calling out her own name, to a person who looks a lot like herself.

Perhaps the entire thing is an illusion, that begins when Xion transforms into Zexion. The screen crackles a bit at that point; maybe that crackling is Roxas being pulled into Riku's foreign memory.

I dunno, the scene makes no sense out-of-context.

Avens

I dunno, the scene makes no sense out-of-context.
It doesn't help much in context, either :p
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Complete Playthrough Part 61

Also, Part 76, Xion has the shell from this scene, and we get the complete flashback with Riku. So, it looks pretty concrete that it's Xion-- except for the person running away at 3:50 of Part 61--

By the run, I'd like to say Roxas; but at the end of the scene, Roxas and Axel are talking about not being able to find Xion. Any insights on that would be great.

Grey

It doesn't help much in context, either :p
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Complete Playthrough Part 61

Also, Part 76, Xion has the shell from this scene, and we get the complete flashback with Riku. So, it looks pretty concrete that it's Xion-- except for the person running away at 3:50 of Part 61--

By the run, I'd like to say Roxas; but at the end of the scene, Roxas and Axel are talking about not being able to find Xion. Any insights on that would be great.

Based off of that, I would assume that Xion was able to absorb the memories of others, and because Riku was nearby, she experienced his memory. However, because she's a net for Sora's memory, Riku's Memory couldn't be accepted, resulting in the errors.

Grey

Nah, too much

..."too much"? What is there to suggest it's "too much"? Xion was created before Sora fell asleep, therefore, Xion most likely wasn't made to be Sora's Memory Net. Xion, however, was likely made to be like Sora, since Xemnas made Xion as a failsafe, should Sora become unusable. That's a big connection between Sora and Xion, and it's possible that Xion can wield a Keyblade because of Sora.

Therefore, if Xion is able to absorb memories from Sora, it's possible should can absorb memories from those connected to Sora. Maybe she accidentally absorbed Riku's somehow; the scene this topic is about is followed by Riku holding Xion, waiting for her to wake up.

Another possibility is something that some sort of error was made with Sora's memory, and in return, Xion felt the effects of it. The question is why Xion experienced Riku's memory.

EDIT: After reading Roxas's diary, I'm willing to bet that this scene occurred around Day 296.

Last edited:

canito_q

..."too much"? What is there to suggest it's "too much"?

Because Namine already does that.
And I'm pretty sure that Xion only got Sora's memories because of Xemnas/Namine, also even if Sora somehow absorved Riku's memories and then Xion used them, then how could Roxas memories appear?
Too much, no?

Grey

Because Namine already does that.
And I'm pretty sure that Xion only got Sora's memories because of Xemnas/Namine, also even if Sora somehow absorved Riku's memories and then Xion used them, then how could Roxas memories appear?
Too much, no?

Since when does Namine absorb others memories? She simply modifies and arranges them. She specifically affects Sora's memories because she's Sora's Nobody, in a sense.

It's true that Xemnas is likely the cause of Xion receiving Sora's memories. However, I don't see how Sora could have absorbed Riku's memories, like you suggested. Because I wasn't suggesting that.

I don't know how you made the connection between Roxas's sporadic memory and Xion receiving Riku's memory, so it can't be too much if you are making it more complicated than necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back