• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► *SPOILERS* An important note about THAT scene in the UX finale...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

AR829038

Awards
I'm specifically referring to the scene where Chirithy tells the dying Player character that he'll be "dissolved" into a new heart (i.e., Xehanort) if he chooses not to go to sleep and become a Dream Eater like the other Keyblade wielder. This is something really important I found out that I think people need to be aware of:
So, the way the fan translations put it, it makes it sound as if the Player character reincarnates into Xehanort, which is what everyone has taken that scene to suggest. BUT! I have a friend who speaks Japanese fluently, and I had him look at the original dialogue, and he told me that the connotation of the phrase actually might suggest something different.
Instead of the Player reincarnating as Xehanort, my friend suggested that actually, the Player's heart would go to sleep inside the already newborn Xehanort's, à la Ventus when he went to sleep inside Sora's heart.
The reason this distinction is important is manifold. Firstly, it suggests that reincarnation might actually NOT end up being a thing in the series going forward.
Second, it means the connection between Xehanort and the Player character is actually less direct than we assumed.
AND, perhaps most importantly, the fact that the Player character and Xehanort might be two different people still, implies that the Player character's heart may or may not still be in play—that is, he might possibly get brought back as not-Xehanort.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
goldpanner's translation suggested this outcome as well.

I've been trying to find out how other Japanese fans interpreted that scene and came across 3 Youtubers (2 of which do a lot of theory/explanation vids) who also came to the same conclusion.

Cumguardian69

Awards
So Xehanort is capaable of being a heart-imprisoner as well...so why didn't he target Sora from the get go?

Awards
I kinda felt it was a bit obvious, albeit to a lesser extent than Ven with Sora.

Either way, I feel it's less of a big reveal and more of a "Dark Road segway" in the end.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If the player did join hearts with Xehanort instead of reincarnating into him I could see their heart leaving Xehanort's body at the end of Dark Road. Either departing for the afterlife or somehow resurrecting

AR829038

Awards
I kinda felt it was a bit obvious, albeit to a lesser extent than Ven with Sora.

Either way, I feel it's less of a big reveal and more of a "Dark Road segway" in the end.
In any case, it's a lot more palatable than the idea that the Player literally reincarnated as Xehanort. That just never sat right with me, aside from all the implications of reincarnation being a new plot device in this series.
Of course, we'll never know for sure which interpretation is more appropriate until the SENA team get off their goddamn asses and release the English translation already.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if it's a natural thing for hearts (dead ones) to find and connect to new ones and eventually fade away?
Ienzo mentioned that the hearts in Sora's "are silent and indistinct".

Maybe there's a natural process of old hearts melding into new ones or something. Not super common, but still happens. Maybe normally this heart would completely disappear or meld into the new one so much that they become one in the same.

But in Sora's case, he's a weirdo because that didn't happen and they just stayed as they were?

Eh.....

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Yeah, that's how I took it, though I feel that Player's presence in Xehanort's heart is less tangible than Ven's was in Sora's heart.
To me it feels more like Xehanort inherited Player's heart, rather than Player being reborn as Xehanort.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It makes sense to me as Xehanort would basically be filling the same role as the Chirithy do for the other Dandelions, basically being a safe place for the heart to continue on rather than going to the Final World. The choice is basically that either your Chirithy/Dream Eater can protect you in the Realm of Sleep or a newborn person can protect you in the Realm of Light.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Get ready for the next plot twist guys. That newborn heart is actually player who escaped Master Xehanort when he brought Ven to Destiny Islands and it became Sora.

Dun dun dunnnnnn

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Get ready for the next plot twist guys. That newborn heart is actually player who escaped Master Xehanort when he brought Ven to Destiny Islands and it became Sora.

Dun dun dunnnnnn
Sora being the true reincarnation of the player instead of Xehanort feels like it would make a bit more sense in hindsight, lol

Last edited:
Back