• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS A special conversation before KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 BBS revealed at First Breath concert!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Makes me think maybe she's going to be seeing Terra more than once. Could Ven also be guiding her? We saw his keyblade take out the darksides at the end of BbS. I mean, I know he's in a coma through and through but... he did get jostled awake a little...

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
SOBBING. No wonder Aqua sees Terra and she thinks it is an illusion 8D

I know what this scene is implying, but like, when would it take place in the timeline? Aqua sees him during KH1 because she's in Cinderella's fallen world. Namine wouldn't be telling him that help was on the way then.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it depends on a few things.

How many times has Mickey been in the dark realm, and how long was he wearing that Chain of Memories outfit.

If he was in the dark realm again (after leaving Castle Oblivion with Riku) and met Aqua at that time, this would fit. I assume Namine came across Terra while putting Sora's memories back together, so this would be after CoM but before KH2. It's entirely possible Aqua hadn't reached Castle of Dreams until then. She might have just been in empty wasteland up until that point.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
aibo has shared EVEN MORE DETAILED impressions of the dialogue! Again, thanks to goldpanner for translations!

All this is really somewhat heartwarming. ^__^
It's like Naminé is navigating the whole network of connections made by all the other major characters (indicated by this "I made it this far by following the links of those connected to you.") in order to be a messenger of hope that spreads a morale boosting message around.

She's doing the same thing she did for Riku in CoM disguised as Kairi on a grander scale.

We will all make it to the same place, you see.

This part somehow made me remember the rumors of a scene where all the major characters were shown together in a group that was apparently in one of the special "trailers" never shown to the public.

I think it depends on a few things.

How many times has Mickey been in the dark realm, and how long was he wearing that Chain of Memories outfit.

If he was in the dark realm again (after leaving Castle Oblivion with Riku) and met Aqua at that time, this would fit. I assume Namine came across Terra while putting Sora's memories back together, so this would be after CoM but before KH2. It's entirely possible Aqua hadn't reached Castle of Dreams until then. She might have just been in empty wasteland up until that point.

Tinny is right though in the sense that Aqua meeting that "Terra illusion" happens in the destroyed Castle of Dreams world which means it has to be during KH 1 except if one would insinuate that the Castle of Dreams was one of the worlds not restored at the end of KH 1 and instead became a sleeping world.

The earliest point in the timeline where Naminé's Operation Morale Booster could have started is however at the end of CoM as that is where she first gained full access to the "heart network" of Sora.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Tinny is right though in the sense that Aqua meeting that "Terra illusion" happens in the destroyed Castle of Dreams world which means it has to be during KH 1 except if one would insinuate that the Castle of Dreams was one of the worlds not restored at the end of KH 1 and instead became a sleeping world.

The earliest point in the timeline where Naminé's Operation Morale Booster could have started is however at the end of CoM as that is where she first gained full access to the "heart network" of Sora.

My point is, can we say without a doubt that Aqua makes it to the Castle of Dreams during KH1 and not after?

I know in the BbSV2, some KH1 cutscenes were shown right after the shocking reveal that Aqua sees Castle of Dreams in the Dark Realm, but I'm assuming since BbSV2 is never going to happen, Nomura could have easily shifted when she gets there by just a little bit of time (to the end of CoM) to make this scene possible.

Or, we really are thinking about this too much and it's legitimately just Nomura's headcanon that doesn't make sense in the timeline.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
My point is, can we say without a doubt that Aqua makes it to the Castle of Dreams during KH1 and not after?

I know in the BbSV2, some KH1 cutscenes were shown right after the shocking reveal that Aqua sees Castle of Dreams in the Dark Realm, but I'm assuming since BbSV2 is never going to happen, Nomura could have easily shifted when she gets there by just a little bit of time (to the end of CoM) to make this scene possible.

Or, we really are thinking about this too much and it's legitimately just Nomura's headcanon that doesn't make sense in the timeline.

Yes. Castle of Dreams was restored after Kingdom Hearts 1. The end of Kingdom Hearts 1 is all those worlds getting restored, moreover - 0.2 is about Aqua meeting Mickey, something that can only have happened during KH1 when he was in the Realm of Darkness, you could argue that it could have happened around CoM - but the castle of dreams bit would still be before that, and around the time of KH1. There's no real way to stretch that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh god. It makes no sense. I can't...

1. Darkness floods into the Realm of Light (Pre-KH1)
2. Aqua stumbles upon Castle of Dreams (Pre-KH1/KH1)
3. Aqua sees Terra's illusion (Pre-KH1/KH1)
4. Aqua encounters various worlds lost to the Darkness (KH1)
5. Namine is born when Kairi's heart leaves Sora's body
6. Sora saves the worlds
7. CoM happens
8. Namine rustles around Sora's heart to fix him, which leads her to Terra...
??????????. Namine and Lingering Will have a convo which pushes him to guide Aqua through the Realm of Darkness but oh no look that has already happened in the timeline.

??????????????

Logical conclusion: It is just Nomura's head canon and meant to be a fluff scene. Maybe hints at how Terra is communicating with Aqua in the Realm of Darkness without being canon? Something new like hearts communicating across time and space?

Luxu

Awards

6. Sora saves the worlds
7. CoM happens
??????????. Namine and Lingering Will have a convo which pushes him to guide Aqua through the Realm of Darkness but oh no look that has already happened in the timeline.

??????????????

Logical conclusion: It is just Nomura's head canon and meant to be a fluff scene. Maybe hints at how Terra is communicating with Aqua in the Realm of Darkness without being canon? Something new like hearts communicating across time and space?

KINGDOM

HEARTS

IN

A

​NUTSHELL!

Muke

whatever
Awards

6. Sora saves the worlds
7. CoM happens

??????????????

Don't try to make sense out of it, it's useless. D:

Mirashade

Awards

Pretty much that. All I can logically see it being at this point in time is a cute "what if" scene to entertain the concert-goers or else timey-wimey heart connection and/or Realm of Darkness shenanigans.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Except that...has anyone actually entertained the thought that Aqua seeing an illusion of Terra specifically has nothing to to with the conversation between Naminé and the Lingering Will at all and that Aqua's time in the RoD is not restricted to only the part where she is at Castle of Dreams?
Aqua's entire time in the RoD encompasses the whole timeline from the end of BBS up to the end of DDD. The illusion of Terra at Castle of Dreams may be indeed just an hallucination on her own part, also considering that the whole thing drags her spirit down instead of up apparently.

It is entirely possible that Naminé is referring to an entire different incident that we haven't seen yet and that may or may not be actually a part of 0.2 at a different point in the timeline.

If we go indeed by the premise that the whole meeting between Naminé and the LW takes place in the post-CoM/Days part of the timeline then that indicates Aqua might eventually truly "touch" whatever there is of Terra in the LW during a different situation in the RoD that does take place in the post-CoM/Days timeframe, totally unrelated to the illusion scene already shown in the 0.2 demo.

So instead of letting the head steam like a hot boiler and cringe at how it doesn't make sense maybe it is better to look at the whole thing from a different angle and do not weave a connection between two incidents that actually to not even have a connection?
We haven't yet seen very much of what Aqua will actually encounter throughout the whole of KH 0.2 and I do not recall that it has been actually implied anywhere that this meeting between the LW and Naminé is actually directly tied to Aqua seeing that Terra illusion (which may very well originate from her own memories playing a trick on her due to her current state of mind) at Castle of Dreams.
This is a solely fanmade association, an association that may not even be there as elaborated upon above. ;)

Muke

whatever
Awards
Except that...has anyone actually entertained the thought that Aqua seeing an illusion of Terra specifically has nothing to to with the conversation between Naminé and the Lingering Will at all and that Aqua's time in the RoD is not restricted to only the part where she is at Castle of Dreams?
Aqua's entire time in the RoD encompasses the whole timeline from the end of BBS up to the end of DDD. The illusion of Terra at Castle of Dreams may be indeed just an hallucination on her own part, also considering that the whole thing drags her spirit down instead of up apparently.

It is entirely possible that Naminé is referring to an entire different incident that we haven't seen yet and that may or may not be actually a part of 0.2 at a different point in the timeline.

If we go indeed by the premise that the whole meeting between Naminé and the LW takes place in the post-CoM/Days part of the timeline then that indicates Aqua might eventually truly "touch" whatever there is of Terra in the LW during a different situation in the RoD that does take place in the post-CoM/Days timeframe, totally unrelated to the illusion scene already shown in the 0.2 demo.

So instead of letting the head steam like a hot boiler and cringe at how it doesn't make sense maybe it is better to look at the whole thing from a different angle and do not weave a connection between two incidents that actually to not even have a connection?
We haven't yet seen very much of what Aqua will actually encounter throughout the whole of KH 0.2 and I do not recall that it has been actually implied anywhere that this meeting between the LW and Naminé is actually directly tied to Aqua seeing that Terra illusion (which may very well originate from her own memories playing a trick on her due to her current state of mind) at Castle of Dreams.
This is a solely fanmade association, an association that may not even be there as elaborated upon above. ;)
Very well said, Sephy. You beat us all again.

giphy.gif

Mirashade

Awards
I'm going based on the statement that the scene was "a little while before KH0.2" when I say that it doesn't make logical sense at this time.

Yeah, I guess it could mean that it was a little while before Mickey started telling the story of 0.2. I don't like that explanation because it slyly slides around saying "after DDD" which would be much less misleading, but I mean, I guess you can't really expect them to NOT be slyly misleading about something that hasn't come out yet.

That would also put the scene in a point in time where LW could come and actually guide Aqua out of the RoD before KH3 if it becomes relevant.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, now I'm leaning towards 100% headcanon.

But yeah, it's entirely possible that it isn't related to what we've seen of 0.2 and Lingering Will will have more to do with Aqua during her time in the Dark Realm.

Which increases my hopes that she will see illusions of Ven and others too.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
So no one is saying that this has to have happened before the end of KH2 since Namine joined with Kairi at the end of KH2. So the timeframe after CoM to before TWTNW makes the most sense cause she would have found LW connection to Sora by that point and been her own person.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
To add onto all of this

We don't know that 0.2 is a single chunk of story, like Secret Episode was.

It can be easily seen that "A fragmentary passage" means that the "passage" is just a fragment of the larger story.

However, "fragmentary" could mean that the story is a collection of bits and pieces from the across the complete narrative.

We could in all likelihood see one or more timeskips during 0.2.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I personally thought BbSv2 was basically going to be a "This happened, but you didn't see it from this perspective" game. We would see what Aqua was doing in the dark realm, but we were also gonna see what Mickey was doing, what Riku was doing, and a host of other things we only assumed happened or were told about at some point. Chopped up bits and pieces of story here and there. Thinking about it that way, it probably wouldn't have made for a good "game", which could be why it never happened.

Now, we really are getting a fragmented story of a bigger even more fragmented story that we won't see (as it was originally intended to be seen)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
To add onto all of this

We don't know that 0.2 is a single chunk of story, like Secret Episode was.

It can be easily seen that "A fragmentary passage" means that the "passage" is just a fragment of the larger story.

However, "fragmentary" could mean that the story is a collection of bits and pieces from the across the complete narrative.

We could in all likelihood see one or more timeskips during 0.2.

The reason why it's called 0.2 is because it's only telling Aqua's side of the story, but Nomura does mention that the timeline may be a bit spoilery as it starts immediately after BBSFM's secret episode but when it ends isn't touched upon, and since time flows differently in the realm of darkness, if we do skip ahead years and years, we wouldn't notice it.

[FONT=&quot]In KH0.2BBS, the story is about Aqua as the main character in the Realm of Darkness? And the story would be talking about Aqua traveling in the Realm of Darkness for about 10 years? (Immediately after the Secret Episode of KHBBSFM ~ Meeting Ansem the Wise at the Dark Margin)

Nomura: That’s right. Because Aqua is the main character, it will become a story where she progresses in the Realm of Darkness. However, because time flows differently in the Realm of Darkness, it’s not simply 10 years. The beginning of the story will immediately begin after the secret episode of KHBBSFM. Since it is at the end of the story that may become spoilers, I can’t talk much about it yet. In the beginning of this story, just before we start our new journey in KH3, The King talks about reuniting with Aqua which has been kept secret, which will be the introduction.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please explain the meaning of the title 0.2 (A Fragmentary Passage)?

Nomura: In regards to the volume, it happens after KHBBS which would be considered the second chapter. Because you’re not playing a full volume, the term Fragment was left as the subtitle. In KHBBSFM’s Secret Episode, the words 0.5 appeared and that implies a full volume so 0.2 was chosen to imply the other parts that were left. However, the remaining portion will be explained in KH3 and wanted to showcase a title that is close to it.
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back