• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILERS A special conversation before KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 BBS revealed at First Breath concert!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Lucky fans who attended KINGDOM HEARTS Concert -First Breath- yesterday were given a special performance by Ryotaro Okiayu and Iku Nakahara, the voice actors of Terra and Naminé, that accompanied the beautiful brass orchestra performing music from the KINGDOM HEARTS series.

Ryotaro Okiayu and Iku Nakahara performed their roles as Terra and Naminé live on stage during the musical performance, reciting their lines from the games. The second part introduced a brand new scenario with the Lingering Will meeting and communicating with Naminé prior to the events of KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. 

Update: We have a summary of the performance during the concert with the characters' dialogue thanks to aibo_ac7Goldpanner for the translation!

First of all, there was no talk of KH2.8 or KH3.

Okiayu is Terra and Nakahara is Namine, so interactions between Terra and Namine took place along with the music.

The first part was Terra and Namine lines from in the Kingdom Heart games.
The second part interaction was a scene where Okiayu spoke as the 'Lingering Will', meeting and speaking with Namine in the darkness (?).

The story was that Namine, following Sora's heart, ended up where the Lingering Will was.

Will: This place, it's...

Namine: This is a world of your memories. You're the only one the people of this time don't know the whereabouts of. I made it this far by following the links of those connected to you.

Will: Who are you?

Namine: Nice to meet you, I'm Na.. I'm a witch who manipulates memories.

Will: A witch?

Namine: Right now, you're bound by two sets of memories. One is your own memories. The other is that of a very dark power.

Will: Master... Xehanort...

Namine: Soon you'll be touched by a familiar light. Please guide her, so that she isn't confused by the darkness.

Will: She... Aqua! But I can't do anything, the way I am now...

Namine: Everyone is fighting in the the ways they can. I want you, too, to believe in yourself and fight so that your heart doesn't melt into the darkness. We will all make it to the same place, you see.

Will: Aqua... Ven... Someday, I'll... no matter what, I'll...

~The Unknown plays~

Will: I've never forgotten what happened on that day. I'll make it here and show you, no matter what.

The Lingering Will said, "Aqua, Ven!" as though talking to Namine had made it remember their names.

This is just my impression, but it felt as though it were a sign that Terra will come back from the Lingering Will.

Then, Nomura explained that this story happens a little while before KH0.2.

Nomura said that this conversation between the Lingering Will and Namine was "not going to appear in a game, it's a story just for the guests at this concert."

That's a general idea of the content.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: SPOILERS Impressions of Pre-KINGDOM HEARTS BBS0.2 story Lingering Will & Namine

I don't understand why Nomura had to ruin a beautiful thing by saying it takes place prior to 0.2 xD.

It would have worked fine post-KHII, Nomura-san!

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: SPOILERS A special conversation before KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 BBS

Aw, that's sweet. Random, but sweet. Is this then considered canon even though it's not in game? It's like Nomura's headcanon. Pfft

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura's silly but I love that he thinks about this stuff for the games even if it will never be in the games. (WE DO TOO, NOMURA <3 )

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: SPOILERS Impressions of Pre-KINGDOM HEARTS BBS0.2 story Lingering Will & Namine

I don't understand why Nomura had to ruin a beautiful thing by saying it takes place prior to 0.2 xD.

It would have worked fine post-KHII, Nomura-san!
From the trailers it seems like 0.2 takes place in the frame story of Mickey recounting "meeting Aqua in the Realm of Darkness," which technically slides it in after DDD​ chronologically.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
oh well i think december will fun and we have got a date yet for 2.8 i wonder then goin to annouce it

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

From the trailers it seems like 0.2 takes place in the frame story of Mickey recounting "meeting Aqua in the Realm of Darkness," which technically slides it in after DDD​ chronologically.
The issue I have with that is if the intention he was trying to get across was its parallel to Mickey's story, then he could have said post-DDD. But he said pre-0.2 and 0.2 is mostly about Aqua in the Realm of Darkness right after BBS.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Tbh, when it was revealed that Terra and Naminés VAs would be in attendance at all the shows in Japan--and that something was in the works--I kind of figured it would be something like this.

Still really exciting, though! Especially to now know so much about this scene:)

I wonder if a moment in KHIII might even build off of it... We know that this instance won't be in the games, but maybe something that kind of follows the trail of bread crumbs laid here?

Also, that moment when we were all right--for thinking Nomura might make the concerts canon, since they had their own KH logos. LOL.

Kind of makes me wonder if the World Tour might end up getting a different scene, then--since that's more than winds going to be there and it has a different name and logo... -is probably overthinking this, when we're probably just getting the Terra and Naminé thing with our VAs of them if that-

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

The issue I have with that is if the intention he was trying to get across was its parallel to Mickey's story, then he could have said post-DDD. But he said pre-0.2 and 0.2 is mostly about Aqua in the Realm of Darkness right after BBS.
I dunno, it's kind of similar to how it's occasionally said Re:coded takes place after KHII, even though it's actually between the ending and the epilogue (but that's still technically "after").

It's probably just easier to say "before 0.2" than specify with a qualifier like that.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Kind of makes me wonder if the World Tour might end up getting a different scene, then--since that's more than winds going to be there and it has a different name and logo... -is probably overthinking this, when we're probably just getting the Terra and Naminé thing with our VAs of them if that-
um expect 2.8 would be already out and three might be out next year

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
he had to make the concerts official cannon. This is honestly just great.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think people are kind of thinking too much on this. It's just fluff, y'all. Cute director head-canon stuff he wanted to share with fans.

Think of all of the stuff in interviews we know that isn't even in the games lol

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I think people are kind of thinking too much on this. It's just fluff, y'all. Cute director head-canon stuff he wanted to share with fans.

Think of all of the stuff in interviews we know that isn't even in the games lol
yep it is anyway let talk the three songs that were played and where there might be played in kh 3

jorney of kingdom hearts climax or finale song
unknown secret boss battle
power of darkness final boss battle

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
yep it is anyway let talk the three songs that were played and where there might be played in kh 3

jorney of kingdom hearts climax or finale song
unknown secret boss battle
power of darkness final boss battle

They were just suites of songs. Unless you mean you want these songs in KH3?

This is still a topic for talking about the dialogue lol

EchoFringe49

Maybe Namine is going to give a message to Aqua in 0.2? It seems a bit weird to just have her talking to Terra

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
um expect 2.8 would be already out and three might be out next year

That's a good point. I didn't even think about that. Maybe we'll get a KHIII scene, then? Or just get to "see" the prologue ourselves, maybe?

But as MS said, we're (I'm) probably taking this too seriously, and shouldn't overthink it at all and just take it as it is.

We'd be lucky and blessed just to get some kind of variant of the Terra and Naminé moment at our own concerts, and I'd be more than fine and thankful if we just get that.

WaveK89

Yeah...considering the current point in time of the year, I hardly doubt anyone can avoid this spoiler for long. Not that I'm saying everyone should know; it is what it is. I'm both disappointed and happy at the same time, so whatever.

Anyway, onto the content at hand, I'm just excited that she still has a presence in the series, and I hope she does in KH3 as well.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
There are people out there who didn't read the article and believe an actual cutscene featuring Lingering Will and Naminé was created just for this event. There are now photos (article coming soon) that will hopefully show them that it was performed live on stage and not an actual cutscene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back