• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(SPOILERS 358/2 Days) Secret Reports Translated

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Oh Xion Why?

what?

I sorta enjoyed the Secret Reports more than the dialogue xDD

Nomura could have shown character interaction better.. And also, interaction with Xion and Axel, if they where suppose to be best friends too, it only seemed sometimes that they where only friends because of Roxas.

The quagmire with Saix and Axel is a bit different though. Their relationship is suppose to be strained, and almost non existent, because Saix is supposavly "changed". So it doesn't show much of a problem. It's understandable though, that they talk about each other in the diary/secret reports because it would be hard and out of character for them to do it out loud.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Tbh, most texts in game haven't be translated yet, while the rapports have been translated; it's normal we feel like they give thousands time more development than the actual game.

I'd wait the NA release to be sure of that.

Avens

Up until this point I had thought that all six apprentices wanted to be existences of the heart just like Xehanort.
Well, being powerful, seeking knowledge and shit works as a reason for Xehanort because he's got issues, but I've always found those reasons lacking for the other apprentices. Normal people, after all, don't do experiments on themselves without a reason, especially if they have some idea of the consequences.

That said, I think it's interesting that all five other apprentices had strong enough hearts so that when they died, they created human nobodies. Makes me think that they had well meaning intentions and a purpose, but perhaps it backfired.

(And hey, I was actually right about Saix conspiring behind Xemnas?)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Grace Assassin said:
Either way, I don't think there's any denying she had a heart. She's a replica, like Repliku. And after his little soliloquy about where a fake's heart goes when they pass on... well yeah.

Well, I'm not sure she had a heart. Yes, the Repliku had one, but Xion was different. I'm not pulling this out of my ass here... The Repliku needed a heart so that he could feel about Namine to want to protect her; it was part of the plan. Xion, on the other hand, was only meant to be a weapon able to weild the Keyblade and collect hearts for the Org.

(From Secret Reports: Day 322 – The Plan)
As long as we have a Keyblade Wielder under our control, it doesn’t matter one bit whether it’s a doll or the Hero’s nobody. If the doll grows so far, then even the “Keyblade Hero” is no longer necessary. If anything, isn’t it the case that we must not allow Sora to awaken? It is impossible to control him in our favour. Surely he’ll become a threat to us. Under this assumption I’ll further the plan.

This clearly says to me that they did not want a Keyblade Weilder with feelings and morals, which would get in the way of their plans. Why would they then give Xion a heart...?

Also:

(From Secret Reports: Day 23 — Research Log 326)
...The other that we couldn’t acquire a number for was brought to Castle Oblivion, with the plan to do further research with it.

This implies that the Repliku had furthur research done on him than Xion; they are not exactly the same.

The other reason I think that Xion probably doesn't have a heart is because there was absolutely nothing left of her once she went back to Sora. She was a copy made of memories, and once those memories were put back, she was totally gone; even everyone else's memories of her were gone. Unlike the Repliku, who did think about where his fake heart would go, Xion only ever talked about 'returning to Sora'. If she had a heart, what happened to it? Is it inside Sora too, now? Or do you think she gave to to Roxas, despite what I said about the translation...?

Anyway, based on the evidence I have seen so far, that's what I think. I'll probably be proved wrong when the game comes out in English -_-;

krexia

Translator
Awards
And also, interaction with Xion and Axel, if they where suppose to be best friends too, it only seemed sometimes that they where only friends because of Roxas.
My impression was that this was how things were between Axel and Xion. He's quite abrupt with her in a couple of scenes, and I get the impression that he's kind to her most of the time for Roxas' sake rather than because he feels particularly close to her himself. That's not to say he doesn't like her, but he definitely cares more for Roxas.

Tbh, most texts in game haven't be translated yet, while the rapports have been translated; it's normal we feel like they give thousands time more development than the actual game.
Nah, I'm afraid that the vast majority of the juicy information in Days is in fact contained within the Secret Reports. Most of the Story Mode moves painfully slowly.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
My impression was that this was how things were between Axel and Xion. He's quite abrupt with her in a couple of scenes, and I get the impression that he's kind to her most of the time for Roxas' sake rather than because he feels particularly close to her himself. That's not to say he doesn't like her, but he definitely cares more for Roxas.

I only had to read the body language and the vibes I got when they are in a scene together, and I figured that out too. Even from the trailers when they are at the beach. There was just some distance there when you compared that interaction to when Axel is with Roxas. Vastly contrasting mood. He likes her, and it's good that he considered her a best friend, at least (then again, they're definition of a best friend is to eat ice cream and hang out together). But Roxas was definitely his top priority, and if it wasn't for him, Axel wouldn't even give a blink at Xion except to wonder what she was. I mean, what was his reaction to her fate? I felt he was more upset at Roxas leaving than the death of her o_O. It took him three days to attempt to bring Roxas back, and not follow the orders to annihilate him in KH2. And even then he knew that Roxas could defeat him. With Xion, he was already debating it when he had to from the Secret Reports. Only to find that he can't really bring himself to erase someone he knew in such a way like that.

It's just odd. Even his interaction with Naminé in the novels seemed more genuine and carefree.

Nah, I'm afraid that the vast majority of the juicy information in Days is in fact contained within the Secret Reports. Most of the Story Mode moves painfully slowly.

Unfortunately.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
He's in a state of.. Well.. What would you do after finding out the third wheel who is now your best friend, turned out to be a puppet? You really wouldn't know how to feel.. Gah.. Roxas>Xion for Axel.. but that doesn't mean he doesn't give a crap about her!!! x((

krexia

Translator
Awards
THAT'S how they translated that line?? In Japanese, he asks what is more important: a worthless friendship, or the extermination of Roxas. I assumed the extermination of Roxas was integral to their plan and therefore meant to be more important, but... a real friendship?? And the word 'friend' is so loaded in the context of this game... of this series. I usually am a big supporter of dubs (I want to work in that industry myself one day :p), I want to believe in this one, but... ;___;
I've had a thought. That line could be Saix's first question in that scene (あの人形とロクサス、おまえはどちらが大事なんだ?) rather than his second. In which case it works pretty well.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've had a thought. That line could be Saix's first question in that scene (あの人形とロクサス、おまえはどちらが大事なんだ?) rather than his second. In which case it works pretty well.

Oh yeah... but... why would Saix be calling either of those friendships real, either? In the reports it's always...'Saix would probably laugh and say it’s ridiculous that we, who don’t have hearts, could be friends' and 'I think Saix would laugh at that thought, and say that these are fake emotions made from my memories' etc. I was under the impression that Saix found friendship and emotions a load of bull... so why would he be saying Axel's friendship with Xion or Roxas was 'real'?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that conversation about Saix trying to get Axel to see/admit that Roxas had to be killed for the sake of their goal? So the 'real' friendship he mentioned would have been the one with Xion. Why would that be...?

krexia

Translator
Awards
I don't know. It doesn't make sense either way. And comparing the video in the trailer to the cutscene on my DS, it is clearly Saix's second question, not his first. Gah.

Avens

THAT'S how they translated that line?? In Japanese, he asks what is more important: a worthless friendship, or the extermination of Roxas.
Perhaps the real relationship which Saix and Axel had prior to losing their hearts (and would gain again by killing Roxas)?? as opposed to choosing Roxas. Which, would make this scene about who Axel likes better, and Saix just decides to rub it in with "Lea".
Jealous, much?
But yeah, that's not exactly what they were getting at in the japanese... although it does add something to Saix character.

It is depressing that Saix wants to be human, but loses all traces of humanity in pursuit of it…
…but that Axel, in pursuing what should be a false relationship, begins to feel human.

This is the key duality of their relationship, I think. The friend Axel remembers in Saix is gone, because he would not sustain the relationship in the interim.

Last edited:

krexia

Translator
Awards
Is it worth pointing out that we can't necessarily assume that Saix and Axel knew each other as humans? We know they joined the Organisation together, but they would only have gotten their new names when they joined, not when they first became Nobodies. They could well have known each other by their real names as Nobodies, before being found by the Organisation.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
It's possible, but I doubt it was the game's intention in pointing out they knew each other before joining. They likely met as Nobody before Xemnas met them, but it looks more interesting to have them knowing each others as somebody.

bittermeat

&#12487;&#12470;&#12540;&#12488;&#12479;&#12452;&#
Website
heartstation.org

It's not, the English lines "Which would you rather suffer the loss of..." are his second question. :/
The whole thing is a little irking, but hopefully once the whole thing is localized it still makes sense.

A

Audo

You're right it is weird and even after reading all 60 reports I'm still trying to wrap my head around their friendship. However, I blame Nomura for this. If he had shown them being anything but assholes to each other it wouldn't be weird to contemplate at all,but like I've always stated strong character development seems to be a real big problem for Nomura. Or correction character development for anybody that is not his favorite ****rider Axel, Roxas, and now Xion seems to be a problem for him. I also found Xaldin's and Luxord's entries sad. It makes me feel even more sorry for nobodies. However it's a shame that interesting insight into their characters had to be read in a report instead of being shown in the games. Damn nomura and his lack of knowing how to do character development correctly..
I wouldn't be so quick to blame Nomura for it.
Yes Nomura writes the base story for every game, but that is stuff like what Xion really is, and what not.
The individual dialogue between characters is at the hand of the Scenario Writer, not Nomura.

Though, it's hinted that Nomura is the one who writes the Secret Reports and what not, so, if you guys all think those have more development than the actual game, then, it would seem Nomura does know how to do character development. The scenario writers don't.

krexia

Translator
Awards
It's not, the English lines "Which would you rather suffer the loss of..." are his second question. :/
The whole thing is a little irking, but hopefully once the whole thing is localized it still makes sense.
Yeah, as you can see I figured that out a few posts further down.

oreichalkos

Day 74 — Xion’s Face

To be frank, I didn’t understand why Roxas got so involved with Xion, who always has her hood up and never shows her face. Sure, they’re both newcomers and have many similar points, but she’s a companion who leaves her face hidden. But today, I saw Xion’s face for the first time. Suddenly, Xion took her hood off. That face resembles Namine.

This sounds kind of like Axel is talking; I don't recall Xion showing her face to anyone but Roxas and Axel.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Day 74 — Xion’s Face

To be frank, I didn’t understand why Roxas got so involved with Xion, who always has her hood up and never shows her face. Sure, they’re both newcomers and have many similar points, but she’s a companion who leaves her face hidden. But today, I saw Xion’s face for the first time. Suddenly, Xion took her hood off. That face resembles Namine.

It is Axel. But it's so obvious there doesn't need to be a mark about who it might be. LOL. For some reason, I find this Secret Report funny now when I reread it. He's so envious, and hiding it in the writing here. What I get from it is a childish voice beneath the words: "Why is Roxas hanging out with Xion?!", "She always keep her hood up all the time, no big deal >.>.", "Just because they have similar things in common doesn't mean he can't pay attention to me ]:<", "I don't see what's so special about her, hmph...>/".

I'm probably wrong, yet, I became amused at the idea. Especially since he gets vexed that Roxas does spend time with Xion at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back