• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

{Spoiler} Roxas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootingStar

Oh, hey there!
So, um, I'm new. So my question might sound ridiculous, sorry.
BUT. I was replaying Days the other day in an attempt to make myself feel a bit better about not being able to play BBS yet, and I got to the part where Roxas enters Castle Oblivion. He has a headache, gets flashes of memory, passes out, etc. It's been said that this is a result of getting too close to his "true form."
So, now I'm thinking... Do they mean Sora? Or Ven? Or Sora and Ven?
It just never really made sense to me at the time. In the Prologue to KH2 he was close to Sora without freaking out. But in Days he couldn't even be in the same Castle as him without being effected. Did this have something to do with Castle Oblivion? The fact that Sora didn't have hardly any of his memory back at that point? Xion? Or, somehow, the fact that Sora AND Ven, both people that make up Roxas' being (or non-being, however you choose to see it I suppose) are lying dormant in the same place? Or Ven himself, separated from his heart for so long that being so close to it caused some sort of reaction? During the scene it seems as if it's Sora's memories he is seeing, seeing how he's been seeing them during the game and we the players hear Riku and Roxas says his name, but... still, who knows exactly what he saw?
Sorry if I'm not making sense or if this doesn't work at all or if I misunderstood something. Just thought I'd ask, since it was something I was thinking about.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Oh, hey there!
So, um, I'm new. So my question might sound ridiculous, sorry.
BUT. I was replaying Days the other day in an attempt to make myself feel a bit better about not being able to play BBS yet, and I got to the part where Roxas enters Castle Oblivion. He has a headache, gets flashes of memory, passes out, etc. It's been said that this is a result of getting too close to his "true form."
So, now I'm thinking... Do they mean Sora? Or Ven? Or Sora and Ven?
It just never really made sense to me at the time. In the Prologue to KH2 he was close to Sora without freaking out. But in Days he couldn't even be in the same Castle as him without being effected. Did this have something to do with Castle Oblivion? The fact that Sora didn't have hardly any of his memory back at that point? Xion? Or, somehow, the fact that Sora AND Ven, both people that make up Roxas' being (or non-being, however you choose to see it I suppose) are lying dormant in the same place? During the scene it seems as if it's Sora's memories he is seeing, seeing how he's been seeing them during the game and we the players hear Riku and Roxas says his name, but... still, who knows exactly what he saw?
Sorry if I'm not making sense or if this doesn't work at all or if I misunderstood something. Just thought I'd ask, since it was something I was thinking about.

hmmm i my self think it was ventus.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i figuered it was cause of sora or xion, but ven makes more sense.
oh and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! XD

Alex999

id say ven is the best bet. but really i could have been any of them. i would say xion second since trough the whole game they were dealing with fainting and what not.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
i agree with TheBucket, that was like one of the shittiest days for Roxas since Xion already stole a lot of his power + what happened at CO.
But I think what happened to Roxas at CO correlates to what happened to Xion when she went to CO, most likely had to do with Sora in both cases but I believe it had to do more with Ven, maybe Ven's heart wanted to return to its owner and sensing its shell, caused Roxas to have headaches and faint
good point, never thought about that, and welcome to the forums

maian

Well, first off, that would've been when Sora is asleep, so Sora wasn't in Castle Oblivion, he was in the Old Mansion in Twilight Town. It took me a long time to finally drill that into my mind, since any kind of shiny white room in Kingdom Hearts screams Castle Oblivion.

So, yes. I would say it has to do with Ven. I still believe Roxas has Ven's heart, so who knows, perhaps getting close would do something like that.

ShootingStar

It's kind of a bit of everything. Ven's in there, Sora's memories are kinda floating around, the whole deal with Xion in the first place...

Roxas was just having, pardon my French, a very shitty day. thebatman

This is true. x3
I guess it could have been a combination of everything.

i figuered it was cause of sora or xion, but ven makes more sense.
oh and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! XD

Thank you! Been lurking for a while, finally got around to hitting that "Register" button.
When my friend spoiled pretty much all of BBS, I figured it was as good a time to discuss as any.
Right, looking back on it now I'm inclined to believe Ven had at least something to do with it, as like I've said we've seen him near Sora in the Prologue without the same effect, although that might have something to do with the whole "memory restoration" process of Xion being separate from them as well.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Thank you! Been lurking for a while, finally got around to hitting that "Register" button.
When my friend spoiled pretty much all of BBS, I figured it was as good a time to discuss as any.
Right, looking back on it now I'm inclined to believe Ven had at least something to do with it, as like I've said we've seen him near Sora in the Prologue without the same effect, although that might have something to do with the whole "memory restoration" process of Xion being separate from them as well.
XD ive had 2 account.
u'd think roxas having vens heart would cause him 2 go 2 sleep like ven since vens heart had its darkness taken away.

ShootingStar

Well, first off, that would've been when Sora is asleep, so Sora wasn't in Castle Oblivion, he was in the Old Mansion in Twilight Town. It took me a long time to finally drill that into my mind, since any kind of shiny white room in Kingdom Hearts screams Castle Oblivion.

So, yes. I would say it has to do with Ven. I still believe Roxas has Ven's heart, so who knows, perhaps getting close would do something like that.

Hmm, wasn't he still in Castle Oblivion at that point? I thought Namine and DiZ moved him when they put Roxas in the Digital Twilight Town. I suppose it's possible he was already moved at that point, but I thought it didn't happen until later.

I certainly believe he is carrying what remains of Ven's heart as well, because if Sora had any of it still at that point wouldn't he have felt something when he was going through Castle Oblivion?
Of course, this could all be explained as retcon, but I still like to think Roxas is carrying his heart.

i agree with TheBucket, that was like one of the shittiest days for Roxas since Xion already stole a lot of his power + what happened at CO.
But I think what happened to Roxas at CO correlates to what happened to Xion when she went to CO, most likely had to do with Sora in both cases but I believe it had to do more with Ven, maybe Ven's heart wanted to return to its owner and sensing its shell, caused Roxas to have headaches and faint

Exactly, his heart might have resonated with his body in the CoW.
And thank you!

XD ive had 2 account.
u'd think roxas having vens heart would cause him 2 go 2 sleep like ven since vens heart had its darkness taken away.

Mm, I think the fact that Nobodies aren't supposed to have hearts at all might have spared him from that fate, but I could be wrong. It's still not really clear since we're just going off of translations and what-not.

Auxia

When I first played through that part I simply dismissed it as Roxas suffering from the piecing together of Sora's memories by Namine, and his being in Castle Oblivion triggered a lot of those memories.

But now it DOES seem like it has much more to do with Ven. We now know that Roxas was never even a Nobody in the first place because he had Ven's heart (hence being able to feel), and having Ven's heart would mean the two were, in some way, connected.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Mm, I think the fact that Nobodies aren't supposed to have hearts at all might have spared him from that fate, but I could be wrong. It's still not really clear since we're just going off of translations and what-not.
well roxas and sora coexisted so vens heart couldve stayed connected 2 sora even though it was still bound 2 his body+soul [roxas]

ShootingStar

well roxas and sora coexisted so vens heart couldve stayed connected 2 sora even though it was still bound 2 his body+soul [roxas]

That's true, even if it wasn't in Sora's body it could have stayed connected to his.
His heart was connected to his for BBS and he was still able to function, although obviously the destruction of Vanitas and the X-Blade changed that. And Roxas is Sora's Nobody (no way!) so that connection could still exist through him, possibly.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's true, even if it wasn't in Sora's body it could have stayed connected to his.
His heart was connected to his for BBS and he was still able to function, although obviously the destruction of Vanitas and the X-Blade changed that. And Roxas is Sora's Nobody (no way!) so that connection could still exist through him, possibly
XD yes roxas is sora's nobody!
ven body is sleeping in the room of waking it'd b imposible 4 vne 2 hav a nobody.

Kentsu13

i agree ven's probably like "gimme my heart back!!!!" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back