• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[spoiler] Master Xehanort: Evil or Not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caxm

Remember now he wanted to steal terra's body just so he could live forever, and he riped his puple's heart in two nearly destroying him. Seems pretty evil to me.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Remember now he wanted to steal terra's body just so he could live forever, and he riped his puple's heart in two nearly destroying him. Seems pretty evil to me.

I'm not saying he wasn't evil. But his report explained the reasons behind both of those. He had to split apart Ventus in order to make the X-Blade. As for Terra, that was only necessary because Xehanort wanted to see his plan through. He chose very evil ways to achieve his goals

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Here's the way I see it. From what we've read in the Xehanort reports, MX had very good intentions, as well as some intelligent ideas. He wanted to maintain a balance between darkness and light, and resolved to delve into darkness in order to achieve that balance.

However, somewhere along the line, I think MX was corrupted by darkness. He went to the extent of killing his former friend (Eraqus) and stealing the body of possibly the most powerful Keyblade wielder yet seen (Terra).

There is a chance that Xehanort still wishes to achieve this goal. Perhaps that he, like Xemnas, truly wanted "a brand new world"

You know what? Uou have a very good point. However, I still stand by MX eventually hating the light for Eraqus dissing the darkness all those years. There are way too many actions that lead to this idea. still, MX also possesed quialities of kindness. MX felt bad for Ven, seeing as Ven could still summon the Keyblade in his sleep. Therefore, MX took Ventus to Eraqus. However, even though MX used Vanitas and Ventus for the X-Blade, he still didn't want Vanitas to kill Ven, but make him stornger. MX could still care about Ven, but just wanted him to act more like Vanitas, one who doesn't reject darkness. Because of these two conficting behaviors, this brings up an old idea of mine.

This has nothing to do with my Soul theory nor my thrid Unbirth theory (for those who are tired of all these Unbirth theories, there hasn't been a new thought on this in a while, and yes I made 3 theories on Unbirths). This was also inspired by Zeagal's thought of MX not being MX.

For a while now, I have noticed MX's behavior towards VAT in the trailers is nothing like a villan. He asked someone (can't tell if it's Terra or Ven he's talking to) to defeat the darkness and correct his mistake. Yet in the Secret ending, he is all badass kicking VAT's butt really good, and is even enjoying it. So, what could cause MX to act like this? He seems like both a Villan and a hero in the long run, so I think this is due to a split personality.

Although it seems unlikely in KH, think again. When you unscramble Xehanort it come out two ways, "No Heart" and "Another". Vexen also mentioned how Sora remembered Twilight Town was because of the "Other Side" of his Heart. Maybe the same thing is happening to MX. Yet Vexen was referring to Sora's Nobody Roxas, and MX can't have a Nobody because Heartless & Nobodies weren't around at that time. So, how could this be pausible?

Look at Sora, he is the proof. Sora cried when he was leaving HPO (Hanyer, Pence, and Olette), yet it was Roxas who was sad about it. This proves that another side of your Heart can exist when the being is whole. When MX may have messed with Darkness, that may have caused a split personality because that would be a step towards Nobodies. Because of the namesake of "Xehanort", I don't think the original being was called Xehanort. Terra might have not believed the original because MX put them through so much,

This could still have some merit. What if the darkness somehow did this to MX like he did to to Ventus? The only difference is that MX made Ven and Vanitas two seperate beings, and MX is still one person. This can be proved through Ansem SoD and Xemnas respectively. Although they both have Terra influence, their goals are more like that of MX's goals. Ansem SoD is more biased towards the darkness, and even threatens to drown all worlds in darkness. However, Xemans oly wanted to create a world where the nobodiesand whole beings live in peace, as well as light and darkness. Basically, Xemans is MX's old goal, and Ansem SoD is MX's current goal. Nomura even said they had tow different minds. Therefore, MX could have had a split personality.

Xammag

I like the thought that MX's plan was to keep the balance between light and dark, which is exmplified in Riku. That would also explain AnsemSoD's interest in Riku and possession of him. I think in KH3, if MX can take control of Xehanort, or something of that nature, then Xeahnort will attempt to control Riku again to get the X-blade. Though if the only purpose of the X-blade is to open Kingdom Hearts from anywhere, then I'm not sure its worth it.

Anyway, I don't think MX is evil. I think he wants people to realize how equal all the different realms are, as that is the goal of all of his characters.

-Xemnas was really into nothingness, and I have always enjoyed that line in KH2 when he is talking to Riku and Sora about how eternal nothingness is. Also, the "Why do you despise us who tether on the edge of nothing?" was an emotional line, which, if Xemnas wasn't a manipulative shell, would be very touching.

-SoD was way more biased toward the darkness, talking about "eclipse" and "every light must fade" and all.

Perhaps, then, the real Xehanort will use light to accomplish his goals? That would give an equal respect to all the realms and, er, paths of abilities, I guess?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I like the thought that MX's plan was to keep the balance between light and dark, which is exmplified in Riku. That would also explain AnsemSoD's interest in Riku and possession of him. I think in KH3, if MX can take control of Xehanort, or something of that nature, then Xeahnort will attempt to control Riku again to get the X-blade. Though if the only purpose of the X-blade is to open Kingdom Hearts from anywhere, then I'm not sure its worth it.

Anyway, I don't think MX is evil. I think he wants people to realize how equal all the different realms are, as that is the goal of all of his characters.

-Xemnas was really into nothingness, and I have always enjoyed that line in KH2 when he is talking to Riku and Sora about how eternal nothingness is. Also, the "Why do you despise us who tether on the edge of nothing?" was an emotional line, which, if Xemnas wasn't a manipulative shell, would be very touching.

-SoD was way more biased toward the darkness, talking about "eclipse" and "every light must fade" and all.

Perhaps, then, the real Xehanort will use light to accomplish his goals? That would give an equal respect to all the realms and, er, paths of abilities, I guess?

Honestly, I doubt Xehanort is ever going to use the light again. I see how your logic led to that idea, but it's unlikely because all of his related incarnations (Ansem SOD, Xemnas, MX) have used the power of darkness more than they have the power of light.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
I think in KH3, if MX can take control of Xehanort, or something of that nature, then Xeahnort will attempt to control Riku again to get the X-blade.

I don't see why he would. Riku has neither a heart of pure light or of pure darkness.

Though if the only purpose of the X-blade is to open Kingdom Hearts from anywhere, then I'm not sure its worth it.

Considering opening KH could more or less lead to god-hood, then yes, I do believe it would be worth the trouble.

I think he wants people to realize how equal all the different realms are, as that is the goal of all of his characters.

That has, as far as we know, only been MX's goal.

Whatever Xemnas' true goals were, they required Xemnas becoming a higher existence. Also, I really doubt any of his goals were noble, seeing as how Xion warned Roxas that Xemnas must not get KH.

XH wanted to drown the worlds in darkness. Yup, he really wanted equality there.

Perhaps, then, the real Xehanort will use light to accomplish his goals?

I doubt it. Heartless' power and strength are dependent on the amount of darkness in one's heart and XH topped the lists. Plus, if that wasn't enough, both XH and Xemnas have amber eyes, something one only gets from getting to close to the darkness.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Wow I can't believe this is still going on.
MX is and always will be EVIL.
There is nothing more to it.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
MX seeked a balance between Light and darkness. Whether or not that is a good thing is debatable. But the way he went about it was definitely EVIL.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
MX seeked a balance between Light and darkness. Whether or not that is a good thing is debatable. But the way he went about it was definitely EVIL.

Well, I think it's that classic idea of "the ends justify the means"; MX was willing to do whatever it took, to become as evil as he had to, in order to achieve this balance. He thought that no matter what harm he caused, the end result would be worth it

Blaze of Glory

Taken from TV tropes

Not only is he responsible, both indirectly and directly, for all the hardships the main characters suffer, but, for the most part, he began his quest out of a curiosity to see how humanity would respond. Also, since he was getting on in years, he pulled Grand Theft Me just to live long enough to see how it would play out.
  • Most of his plot is that he's bored. He grew up on his world bored and wanting to get out and see more. Then he was chosen by the Keyblade and got to leave and train to be a Keyblade Master. Then after becoming a Master he found there was nothing for him to do with his badass skills except wander around and select a an apprentice to train so he could be a Master thus continuing the cycle of boredom. Then he realized he was past middle aged and hadn't done much with his life. Then he reads about an ancient war and thinks it might make his life interesting. But first he needs to steal some poor chumps body to get around that old age thing. Yes the guy literally plunges his multiverse into a war of light against darkness purely because he's bored.

It doesn't matter why Master Xehanort did what he did the dude's a bastard.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Once I think about it...I would be bored too if I had bad ass keyblade skills and the only purpose of them was to pass it down to some kid...

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
MX is evil in my opinion. Sure he wanted to bring a balance between light and dark but that was simply his philosophy. By the time of BBS he was using his philosophy of a balance between light and dark to trick Terra into falsely searching for Vanitas just in the hopes that as Terra searched for Vanitas his darkness would grow.

The only thing that MX seemed to truly care about in terms of this philosophy by the time of BBS is making Ven's heart of pure light balanced with Vanitas' heart of pure darkness.

What is overall goal was, was to open KH which would in turn cause all the keyblade masters from across the univers to gather together and spark second keyblade war. He was willing to bring forth another war simply for the cause of his own curiosity. Screw the balance between Light and dark thing, MX seemed to only care about there being a second war.

Not to mention the terrible things he did to TAV in order to accomplish this goal and the fact he killed the closest thing to a best friend he had, Master Eraqus.

So IMO, Master Xehanort is evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back