• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KINGDOM HEARTS Union X DARK ROAD Completion Commemorative Q&A

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Can I ask a question about Master of Masters?
Spoiler Spoiler Show
MoM created the Keyblade from what we can tell. And then he gave them to his apprentices and had them give it out to the children of Daybreak Town like candy.

There was no Mark of Mastery. There were no “Masters” period. That is something that got created by the Scalans. There wasn’t any need to test the Keyblade wielders like that in the Age of Fairytales.

The reason MoM even had his apprentices do what they did was to try and stop Darkness. There was no reason to test wielders.

Edit: whoops! Forgot that MoM scene where he admits he didn’t make them. What a punk.

Last edited:

Nukara

Awards
MoM created the Keyblade from what we can tell. And then he gave them to his apprentices and had them give it out to the children of Daybreak Town like candy.

There was no Mark of Mastery. There were no “Masters” period. That is something that got created by the Scalans. There wasn’t any need to test the Keyblade wielders like that in the Age of Fairytales.

The reason MoM even had his apprentices do what they did was to try and stop Darkness. There was no reason to test wielders.
It just seemed to me that MoM was saying that when he was a kid there was another keyblade war. Or did I misunderstand the text?

Nukara

Awards
I hope no one is against it if I duplicate my thoughts from another topic. It just went unnoticed.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

NoWay

Awards
I hope no one is against it if I duplicate my thoughts from another topic. It just went unnoticed.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Well why wouldn’t they live longer when if are magical spells like Cure? :D jk hahah

But considering your point, I really wonder how diseases and injuries work in the KH universe? I mean, you break your leg and all you have to do is cast a cure spell

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well why wouldn’t they live longer when if are magical spells like Cure? :D jk hahah

But considering your point, I really wonder how diseases and injuries work in the KH universe? I mean, you break your leg and all you have to do is cast a cure spell
serious in some worlds health care must be amazing. Get sick or break a leg, see your local white mage.

Chie

Awards
MoM created the Keyblade from what we can tell.
This is established to be a lie in UX when he admits to Luxu that there were other Keyblade wielders.

To me this is one of the key points of his character but it seems that everyone just forgets that scene every time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is established to be a lie in UX when he admits to Luxu that there were other Keyblade wielders.

To me this is one of the key points of his character but it seems that everyone just forgets that scene every time.
Damn I totally forgot xD but I also really rolled my eyes every time MoM spoke.

It just seemed to me that MoM was saying that when he was a kid there was another keyblade war. Or did I misunderstand the text?
No you are right! I just forgot that stupid scene because MoM is a character I usually just ignore because every time he speaks it is some bs haha

But still, I don’t think there were “masters” like how they are in the present. MoM gave his apprentices Keyblades and then after they learned all that he was gonna teach them, they were “masters”. And his main concern along with theirs was to defeat Darkness, so I don’t think he really gave a damn about hierarchy and titles. Maybe if he had known it would sew more discord and draw in Darkness, I’m sure he would have cared.

Also it is clear even with MoM’s “gazing eye” that he only pays attention to what matters to him for his own goals.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How come KHInsider hasn't uploaded the video yet? Also, does anybody know when the update will reach NA?
It takes time to record and edit.

The update is already out? Or you mean the patch mentioned in the Q&A? They haven’t even released it in Japan.

Xagzan

Awards
They were able to make a proper Kid Xehanort model for KH3 as opposed to just using the existing Young Xehanort model to cover the entirety of his youth like they did in previous games, even when he should look significantly different.

But then why didn't they just create that model for DDD instead of the one they did?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This interview feels like PR for Kingdom Hearts Missing Link, I'm not surprised by that seeing as the game's barely talked about.

Q8: There were a lot of interesting characters among his classmates and upperclassmen. Can we look forward to seeing them again?

A8:
There were a lot of characters which I am sad to restrict to one game, and characters who made their exits without getting to do much talking, which I was disappointed about. But, as mentioned above, I wasn't able to go deeper due to issues regarding size limitations. I feel very sorry about this. I think it would be very difficult for most of the characters to appear again in a future game. But, there are some possibilities. I've also thought it could be good content to touch on in a book or something.
I'm confident they're in Quadratum. If Strelitzia can come back then everyone else who is "deceased" in reality is likely in unreality.

O10: Xehanort's motherly figure looked a lot like Skuld. Is it her?

A10:
No, but she is connected to Skuld. Missing-Link is also a story about bloodlines, you see.
I think Xehanort's mother may be Verdandi. We already have Skuld and Urd so Verdandi would complete the Norns trio.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
It takes time to record and edit.

The update is already out? Or you mean the patch mentioned in the Q&A? They haven’t even released it in Japan.
My account (for whatever reason) hasn't updated, so I'm a little confused.
Oh, I thought everyone had already played or watched the video elsewhere so I didn't bother linking them lol

Thank you :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
But then why didn't they just create that model for DDD instead of the one they did?
They already had an older-looking model from BBS, and it was easier to just stick the DDD Young Xehanort head on it and call it a day since it was already modeled, textured, and rigged, and this model would only be used for a few seconds.

Nukara

Awards
What I thought after watching these videos in DR:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chie

Awards
If Strelitzia can come back then everyone else who is "deceased" in reality is likely in unreality.
I'm preeeetty sure she's back because Luxu made a copy of her to save her.

SHIbuya is a "world of the dead" but I don't think it's literally just functioning as the afterlife. It's more like it's serving the role of the afterlife to these people like Sora and Strelitzia who are there under special circumstances.

Xagzan

Awards
They already had an older-looking model from BBS, and it was easier to just stick the DDD Young Xehanort head on it and call it a day since it was already modeled, textured, and rigged, and this model would only be used for a few seconds.

Does all that mean YX in DDD was really DR Xehanort all along?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Does all that mean YX in DDD was really DR Xehanort all along?
Uhhh, let me clarify:

The YX we see meeting with Ansem SoD in the flashback should look like DR Xehanort. It's this teenage Xehanort that the dev team couldn't justify making a brand new model for since he is only shown briefly in this one scene.

The YX running around in the black coat for the entire game looks like he should since he was plucked from a time when he is several years older.

Back