• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue: χ[chi] Back Cover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFinalR3play10

Not sure if this is spoiling or not...
Recently, I was able to *somehow* watch Back Cover in an English dub (thanks to Cyberman65!). I have comments/questions in regards to the dialogue and video as well as the Kingdom Hearts series in general:

• Despite the Master of Master's playful and sarcastic nature, could he possibly be the traitor, or is there no traitor at all and he's simply the catalyst for the impending Keyblade War? Based on the MoM handing down the No Name Keyblade to Luxu, and it eventually ends up with Xehanort when we see him wielding it in BbS, I have to assume he's more of the latter... but the former seems possible too, considering that Gula agrees with the Lost Page's ambiguity.
    [*]The twenty locks on the box Luxu drags into the Badlands, I'm assuming that when the battle between the Seven Lights and Thirteen Darkness occurs in KH3 the box might open. I think it's the true χ-Blade or something? It seems like an interesting thought.
    [*]How many people does the No Name Keyblade go through before reaching Xehanort? It's indirectly stated that someone who was taught by Luxu eventually received that Keyblade and passed it down until it reaches Xehanort... not that it matters, though it's very interesting to think about.
    [*]Is the Rebirth theory possible? Only time will tell, I guess, but KH3 can't come soon enough.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

kristi-swat

Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue: χ[chi] Back Cover [SPOILERS?]

Not sure if this is spoiling or not...
Recently, I was able to *somehow* watch Back Cover in an English dub (thanks to Cyberman65!). I have comments/questions in regards to the dialogue and video as well as the Kingdom Hearts series in general:

• Despite the Master of Master's playful and sarcastic nature, could he possibly be the traitor, or is there no traitor at all and he's simply the catalyst for the impending Keyblade War? Based on the MoM handing down the No Name Keyblade to Luxu, and it eventually ends up with Xehanort when we see him wielding it in BbS, I have to assume he's more of the latter... but the former seems possible too, considering that Gula agrees with the Lost Page's ambiguity.
    [*]The twenty locks on the box Luxu drags into the Badlands, I'm assuming that when the battle between the Seven Lights and Thirteen Darkness occurs in KH3 the box might open. I think it's the true χ-Blade or something? It seems like an interesting thought.
    [*]How many people does the No Name Keyblade go through before reaching Xehanort? It's indirectly stated that someone who was taught by Luxu eventually received that Keyblade and passed it down until it reaches Xehanort... not that it matters, though it's very interesting to think about.
    [*]Is the Rebirth theory possible? Only time will tell, I guess, but KH3 can't come soon enough.

What do you guys think?

About the first question, I have been thinking the same thing. It looks as if the master wrote the book of prophecies himself and gave vague descriptions so that it can be applied and localized in every timeline, and in doing so the foretellers think that what is written there is about to happen in the near future and given the tasks the master gives them, they are even more "reassured" about this and help with their doings to bring that prophecy to life.
The existence of the BoP which shows the success of Luxu makes no sense to me. How can something that happen in the future, be written in the past?!

I think Nomura confirmed that the MoM was aware of the X-Blade and was trying to create a version of his own. It might be, or it might contain kingdom hearts, the real one.

Assuming that Back cover happens very very long ago I would say more than 100-200 masters. It could have been 2000 years ago, since now it's only a legend for many people.

What do you mean by rebirth? rebirth of whom?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

I think Nomura confirmed that the MoM was aware of the X-Blade and was trying to create a version of his own.

buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer fubber buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Beamer

Awards

The existence of the BoP which shows the success of Luxu makes no sense to me. How can something that happen in the future, be written in the past?!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer fubber buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Hirokey123

Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Master_Aqua

Assuming that Back cover happens very very long ago I would say more than 100-200 masters. It could have been 2000 years ago, since now it's only a legend for many people.

Wait did I read wrong from before, I saw that the events of chi took place around 100 years ago. That or I have my information messed up.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards

Wait did I read wrong from before, I saw that the events of chi took place around 100 years ago. That or I have my information messed up.
buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
It actually said 100年以上, which pretty much translates to "over 100 years" ago.

They've made it a point to mention that X happened in the "age of fairy tales" a couple times (in X/Ux, XBC, BBS), so I think that timeline was meant to be taken as a light estimate.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'd love to get a giant Sephiroth katana pulled right out of my chest that I could summon xD

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I'd love to get a giant Sephiroth katana pulled right out of my chest that I could summon xD
it remided of the anime shinning tears x wind where in the anime they have soul blades they could summon out the person body

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer
It actually said 100年以上, which pretty much translates to "over 100 years" ago.

They've made it a point to mention that X happened in the "age of fairy tales" a couple times (in X/Ux, XBC, BBS), so I think that timeline was meant to be taken as a light estimate.

Indeed, they also mention it in DDD yet again.
I personally think it is also moot/missing the point to try and place an exact number of years here as
1. it being called the "age of fairy tales" and being counted even by pretty old people like Yen Sid, Eraqus, Kairi's grandma and Xehanort as the stuff of "legends" indicates that it was very far in the past and not just two or three generations ago.
2. The Realm of Sleep and it being situated "outside of time itself" providing ample hooks and connection points to connect the present day with the x[chi]-era regardless of how far in the past it really was.

We do not have any confirmation yet but it is certainly possible that the events and characters we see in X[chi]-browser version, Unchained X[chi] and even Back Cover are not actually the genuine events set in the real distant past but dreams/memories of them playing out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back