• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Yeah that kinda ticks me off lately as well. Years ago we had pictures of the main characters and all that stuff, now we get advertisement. It's kinda sad really.

Especially when one of those advertisements is for the game in the case! Like, come on, Square, you didn't even look before you put the 2.8 advertisement in the 2.8 case?! At least Bethesda still puts detailed manuals in their cases, my girlfriend got a giant map of Skyrim included in her limited edition case when she bought it!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Absolutely, I made a post about that as soon as I got 2.8.
I loved instructions manuals, I loved reading them before or after playing said game too.
Also, some games had precious info on their manuals (I remember that was the case for a few fighting games)

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Playing DDD and Mickey says, "follow the hearts and you'll find the way". Is "may your heart be your guiding key" supposed to take the place of that. Almost like a retcon?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Playing DDD and Mickey says, "follow the hearts and you'll find the way". Is "may your heart be your guiding key" supposed to take the place of that. Almost like a retcon?

I wouldn't call it that. It's rather that using your heart's strength to fight was always a theme in the series, and now they made up a good line they can recycle over and over and over.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Y'know, I think it would have worked better if Yen Sid said that phrase before Sora and co. left the tower.

Since it would be Yen Sid introducing it, it wouldn't be as awkward as Goofy randomly saying it and making up a weak backstory (Yen Sid said it before every one of their adventures), and from there it would have been easy enough to bring back around:
Goofy: Maybe it's like Master Yen Sid said, may your heart be your guiding Key
Sora: May my heart be my guiding key...? I got it!

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Anyone miss when video games had the big instruction manuals with the character bios and everything in the case? I opened mine up and only saw the advertisements for other Square Enix games and was reminded of the good old days when I'd read the lyrics to Simple and Clean from the back of the original PlayStation 2 game's manual and make myself learn how to sing it xD
I was just complaining to my boyfriend about this on the way home after picking up World of Final Fantasy today. I had noticed it with 2.8 and then I opened the case for WoFF in the car and it was just the disc, not even any advertisements. It looked so lonely. </3

Y'know, I think it would have worked better if Yen Sid said that phrase before Sora and co. left the tower.

Since it would be Yen Sid introducing it, it wouldn't be as awkward as Goofy randomly saying it and making up a weak backstory (Yen Sid said it before every one of their adventures), and from there it would have been easy enough to bring back around:
Goofy: Maybe it's like Master Yen Sid said, may your heart be your guiding Key
Sora: May my heart be my guiding key...? I got it!
I thought this was supposed to be a plot point tbh, Goofy says it with such conviction. Tapping into Mirror Goofy's memories.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I have a question with DDD, when Sora and Riku are in the realm of sleep, they aren't there physically, right? Their bodies are back with Yen Sid right?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I have a question with DDD, when Sora and Riku are in the realm of sleep, they aren't there physically, right? Their bodies are back with Yen Sid right?

We didn't see their bodies during any of the scenes outside of the exam so their physical forms were likely still with them

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Buffer buffer bffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffet buffer

Spoiler Spoiler Show

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

I mean, technically they moved through time, so they gotta have left their bodies behind.
But as Swoosh mentioned, we never saw them, and I don't see why they should've moved from Yen Sid's room. Idk, there could be a number of factors here.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Buffer buffer bffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer bufffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffet buffer

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet Wobbuffet

Spoiler Spoiler Show

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
^
buffe just in case buffe rbuffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffe

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wasn't that more like "Xigbar is doing weird stuff behind everyone's backs" (because of Re:Coded)?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

I'd rather suppose they were at Destiny Islands because that's where they started their journey. Although I'm not quite sure if the time-traveling mechanism definitely needs you to physically be where you want to travel back in time. I think there just needs to be a copy of you back there.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Wasn't that more like "Xigbar is doing weird stuff behind everyone's backs" (because of Re:Coded)?

Hmm, well I guess you can say both were hiding stuff. Xemans hold himself up to the chamber and had conversations with someone he probably did not anyone else to hear, and Xigbar has his "own plans" and seem to be playing some sort of long game/end game.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I'd rather suppose they were at Destiny Islands because that's where they started their journey. Although I'm not quite sure if the time-traveling mechanism definitely needs you to physically be where you want to travel back in time. I think there just needs to be a copy of you back there.

My complaints with them physically being in the sleeping realm is
1. We see Sora asleep at the end of DDD and Riku diving back into a sleeping Sora's dream, where the DDD sora is.
2. To gain entry to the sleeping worlds they had to travel through time. To travel through time they had to give up their physical forms. This mean they had to give up their physical forms to gain entry to the sleeping worlds using Yen Sid's method.
3. They were their younger selves. If they were physically there, this wouldn't make any sense.

I think their bodies were in Yen Sid's tower, just not shown off screen.

But... if they weren't physically there, how could then end up in TWTNW outside of the realm of sleep? In present day, none the less. Or was it just their hearts that were there, given physical shape like Sora from the end of KH1 to the beginning of KH2? And somehow they entered into the realm of sleep 1-2 years in the past and left in present day. I guess time not really effecting the realm of sleep could explain this.

I can follow DDD (and all of KH for that matter) until this. Well this and the constant wardrobe change of Sora during the dream sequences of TwTNW. Still don't understand why his clothes (and age) keep changing. I seriously understand the time travel after replaying it. But I still don't get where Sora and Riku are physically. And I get hung up on that and it really makes me confused with this entire game. Almost as if it doesn't follow it's own rules.

Did they stay young due to hardware restrictions? Idk how that could matter.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hmm, well I guess you can say both were hiding stuff. Xemans hold himself up to the chamber and had conversations with someone he probably did not anyone else to hear, and Xigbar has his "own plans" and seem to be playing some sort of long game/end game.

Xigbar's kind of strange in the grand scheme of things. He joins Xehanort because he wants his own keyblade, and when he turns into a human again he just... goes off and does his own thing? Does he have his keyblade yet? Xemnas' conversations in hindsight weren't that strange, since we find out later that he's just trying to meditate and find out where he can get into the chamber of waking, but Xigbar certainly is being shady about everything, and only time will tell what his other motives could be.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They WERE physically there all the time. Their bodies being "younger" was done via Yen Sid's magic just like the new clothes (except the silver X on Sora, that was added by Ansem SoD as Mr.-Robe-guy).
Yen Sid send them into the past (they weren't time travelling by themselves like Xehanort) in order to enter the Realm of Sleep, it is nowhere stated that they had to give up their bodies for using this method.
They would get their proper age and other clothes back once they return to the Mysterious Tower as part of the exam.

The World that Never Was is an in-between world and thus has special properties so it can exist in the Realm of Sleep and the Waking World at the same time.
The appearance of the World Logo indicates the switch between Realm of Sleep version and Waking version.
In Sora's case he arrives in the Waking version and then is cast into the Sleeping version by Xigbar & Young Xehanort.
Riku starts in the Sleeping version and enters the Waking version after defeating Ansem SoD.

Everything happening after Riku defeats Ansem including the Nort meeting thus happens in the Waking version.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Xigbar's kind of strange in the grand scheme of things. He joins Xehanort because he wants his own keyblade, and when he turns into a human again he just... goes off and does his own thing? Does he have his keyblade yet? Xemnas' conversations in hindsight weren't that strange, since we find out later that he's just trying to meditate and find out where he can get into the chamber of waking, but Xigbar certainly is being shady about everything, and only time will tell what his other motives could be.

Xigbar`s true motives truly are shrouded in mystery at this point. I guess it was possible that at first he wanted a Keyblade but after time passed he set his eyes on even something more interesting and powerful. Or wanting an own Keyblade was just a lie that Xehanort would not question his motives. I really hope he has his own plans and ends up being more than just a Xehanort-clown.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
My complaints with them physically being in the sleeping realm is
1. We see Sora asleep at the end of DDD and Riku diving back into a sleeping Sora's dream, where the DDD sora is.
2. To gain entry to the sleeping worlds they had to travel through time. To travel through time they had to give up their physical forms. This mean they had to give up their physical forms to gain entry to the sleeping worlds using Yen Sid's method.
3. They were their younger selves. If they were physically there, this wouldn't make any sense.

I think their bodies were in Yen Sid's tower, just not shown off screen.

But... if they weren't physically there, how could then end up in TWTNW outside of the realm of sleep? In present day, none the less. Or was it just their hearts that were there, given physical shape like Sora from the end of KH1 to the beginning of KH2? And somehow they entered into the realm of sleep 1-2 years in the past and left in present day. I guess time not really effecting the realm of sleep could explain this.

I can follow DDD (and all of KH for that matter) until this. Well this and the constant wardrobe change of Sora during the dream sequences of TwTNW. Still don't understand why his clothes (and age) keep changing. I seriously understand the time travel after replaying it. But I still don't get where Sora and Riku are physically. And I get hung up on that and it really makes me confused with this entire game. Almost as if it doesn't follow it's own rules.

Did they stay young due to hardware restrictions? Idk how that could matter.

I was talking about them being at Destiny Islands of their time and from there on travelling to Destiny Islands of the past or at least planning on doing that.

As for Sora's clothes: It's to put emphasis on the fact that what he's experiencing isn't the dream he thinks it is. He's not actually in a world of sleep 2 years in the past, but in the present in TWTNW where YX, Xemnas and Xigbar led him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back