• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] KH2.8 discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
kh seems very averse to having the x in names sound like x's these days.

i wonder if luxord is actually pronounced lushord

Ven_Roxas

Awards
kh seems very averse to having the x in names sound like x's these days.

i wonder if luxord is actually pronounced lushord

Before I heard her name, I thought Xion was pronounced "Zion". (Kinda wish it was too. My initial reaction to "Shion" was, "well that's dumb")

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's the same as Marluusha/Marloosha for Marluxia in Chain of Memories, so this "aversion" is not just recently.

Might be because a) the japanese canot pronounce the letter or b) it is a silent letter (and actually the Chi/Recusant's Sigil).

"Roxas" is after all also not pronounced Ro-xas with any stress on the x but more like Roksas or Rokusasu in japanese.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer buffer

Ok, finally got the pc fixed so I'm back here (yeah, you can leave the "X happy days without Darkos" banner, sorry)
I read all the posts in between, I have a couple considerations.

As stated days earlier, I am satisfied with 0.2 from roughly all directions, but I do expect much m ore from KH III. I call its gameplay a solid step up from BbS/DDD but wouldn't say it's the best.
It's the same old discussion: even today there are people swearing things like Terranort, Vanitas, Eraqus, are fun and balanced bosses. But they aren't, even if you're good/patient enough to work around them.
There is a reason why in BB's speedruns the Devil bosses are named "Cancer 1, 2 and 3", and while he's not a huge fan of the latest KH games I kinda trust his judgment. I love Devil's Wave, I really do. But it is kinda BS at times.
It doesn't start in the same way, and the way it shifts from passive to aggressive, glowing aside, is pretty random. Could be in half an hour or could even attack you nonstop for 5-6 cicles.

(Also they could've maybe sorta perhpas warned me it seals off items? I kinda died 4 times because I didn't understand what was going on? Also I think is really dumb overall but that's just me?)

PA, same: humanoid bosses are Team Osaka's greatest weakness.
Aqua, your Aqua, controls really well and I'm pleased, also hoping some of the issues I had with the gameplay were because she has a really limited set of abilities.
But Osaka still needs to proper understand to get rid of endless teleportations every 2 seconds and combos that gets you and puts you in an unescapable 1 HP reducing loop.
Needles to say, I'm not salty or anything. I completed the game in one day and had a lot of fun with it.

For the plot and the finale, not sure people have mentioned it, but I'm so pissed the Destiny Islands door opened inwards. It didn't in KH1!

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
(Also they could've maybe sorta perhpas warned me it seals off items? I kinda died 4 times because I didn't understand what was going on? Also I think is really dumb overall but that's just me?)

It doesn't "seal off" anything.
You can use three items per battle and that's it. They didn't want to add an item-system like in KH1 or KH2 where you have to equip items, I guess, that's why we can take everything with us in the battle, but only use three.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
That's what I meant.
I both don't like it/think it's necessary (not for how 0.2 is built, anyway) and wish something, somewhere, told me that. I'm not one of those gamers that need to be handheld while playing, but I also read everything because I like knowing things.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
That's what I meant.
I both don't like it/think it's necessary (not for how 0.2 is built, anyway) and wish something, somewhere, told me that. I'm not one of those gamers that need to be handheld while playing, but I also read everything because I like knowing things.

I mean I agree it could have been stated somewhere in te game, but I still think it's a completely valid mechanic for the game. Would be a bit too easy imo if you could use every item against the final boss.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Deeming it valid it's okay, I did say considering it dumb was just me.
I personally think the way 0.2 works, a very BbS-ish way of "you do loads of damage but also take the same amount" makes the overuse of items not that broken, but thinking otherwise it's fair. It's not even that hard of a game in the first place, so whatever in the end.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh yes, I think every Kh game gave you as many items as your slot allowed.
But without a proper slot, and with the Item command giving you 27 Potions even in battle, not highlighting that you have a limited use it's kinda... bad.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Didn't KH2 limit item use too? Or am I misremembering things?

Yes, just as well as KH1. In both, you had like 3 items at the start and could get more slots throughout the game.
Oh, and other games had limits as well. For example one Drop-me-not Slot in KH3D can only hold 2 Drop-me-nots per battle. So there has basically always been a limit, no matter which game.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Let's say I opened every chest and used up every item - there's no way to get any new items, right? (not the case, just curious)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Let's say I opened every chest and used up every item - there's no way to get any new items, right? (not the case, just curious)

Yep. Only a new playthrough gives you new items then, I guess.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Just got the 2.8 limited edition, and I've got to say I'm not sure why it was even worth it xD It's a Disney pin and a cardboard box that'll be torn to shreds in a week when my dog gets to it, but whatever I guess! At least it didn't cost anything extra!

Anyone miss when video games had the big instruction manuals with the character bios and everything in the case? I opened mine up and only saw the advertisements for other Square Enix games and was reminded of the good old days when I'd read the lyrics to Simple and Clean from the back of the original PlayStation 2 game's manual and make myself learn how to sing it xD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Anyone miss when video games had the big instruction manuals with the character bios and everything in the case? I opened mine up and only saw the advertisements for other Square Enix games and was reminded of the good old days when I'd read the lyrics to Simple and Clean from the back of the original PlayStation 2 game's manual and make myself learn how to sing it xD

Yeah that kinda ticks me off lately as well. Years ago we had pictures of the main characters and all that stuff, now we get advertisement. It's kinda sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back