• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHUX ► SPOILER: Is Lust vanquished?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
So I was watching the Union X videos, and I don't think I've seen anybody bring this up before, but is the darkness of Lust gone with Master Xehanort? Luxu is apparently pure of any of the seven (right now), and the other six have taken over the Foretellers and the MoM, so was the defeat of Master Xehanort the unceremonious vanquishing of one of the seven?
If so, then that kind of implies that the other six will be just as (if not more) powerful than MX. An entire saga to beat this old man, only to find out he was a fraction of the perceived problem.

Mexican Sora

Awards
If you're implying that MX harbored one of the main 7 darknesses, you need to remember that Luxu/Xigbar STILL has a piece of Xehanort inside him at the end of KH3. If Xehanort split his heart then you can assume he split that darkness along with it, meaning Luxu could be harboring it right now.

Soldier

Awards
If you're implying that MX harbored one of the main 7 darknesses, you need to remember that Luxu/Xigbar STILL has a piece of Xehanort inside him at the end of KH3. If Xehanort split his heart then you can assume he split that darkness along with it, meaning Luxu could be harboring it right now.
But wasn't he recompleted following his defeat at the hands of Riku and Sora?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
But wasn't he recompleted following his defeat at the hands of Riku and Sora?
He seems to still be norted somehow:
tumblr_pp8r90IZHj1wyi2ly_1280.png

I was wondering about the eye colour. I thought that it was just Braig's actual eye colour, just enhanced due to KH3 technology vs. BbS on PSP. But looking at this still photo makes me think Luxu kept a part of Xehanort... possibly as all part of his plan? Maybe he needed the "real darkness" in Xehanort for something?

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Okay, now I'm not so sure anymore. Why would Luxu go to so much trouble for Xehanort in the first place? It just doesn't feel right to me (only because the other Foretellers didn't need to go to such lengths to be infected by their darknesses). It always felt like him just trying to stick close to his Keyblade and eventually finish his role.

Soldier

Awards
Okay, now I'm not so sure anymore. Why would Luxu go to so much trouble for Xehanort in the first place? It just doesn't feel right to me (only because the other Foretellers didn't need to go to such lengths to be infected by their darknesses). It always felt like him just trying to stick close to his Keyblade and eventually finish his role.
Are the foretellers infected by darkness? we can't really see their true eyes you know.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's not Xehanort himself that makes their eyes yellow but rather his influence on their hearts pulling them to the Darkness. Afterall, Xehanort's eyes aren't naturally yellow. So, it's safe to say that regardless of how it played out, Luxu still has Darkness in his heart

Chie

Awards
Why the heck is yellow the color of darkness, anyway? Interesting.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
It's not Xehanort himself that makes their eyes yellow but rather his influence on their hearts pulling them to the Darkness. Afterall, Xehanort's eyes aren't naturally yellow. So, it's safe to say that regardless of how it played out, Luxu still has Darkness in his heart
Yes, but it's implied that Luxu's eyes turned due to MX's influence (as they were brown in BBS). So if MX re-completed himself wholly, then that darkness should have left Luxu. Now there's no precedent to this, but that makes me think that his eyes should've returned to normal. So the fake that they're still yellow confuses me a little.

Chie

Awards
I honestly wonder if the yellow eye represents Luxu's influence instead.

That's probably been proposed and argued against before, but it does feel notable to me that Braig with brown eyes is legitimately hostile to Xehanort when he gets hurt on his watch and then legitimately goes submissive to him when threatened. Then the next time we see Braig, he has the yellow eye and is acting closer to his Xigbar self, and saying things that suggest experience like "I keep forgetting, don't mess with Keyblade wielders", and "he's got the angry look down". And finally, we have this.

You can contradict this possibility fairly easily with some other stuff, but at the same time, it makes more sense with the evidence we have here. So I don't know.

Last edited:

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
I honestly wonder if the yellow eye represents Luxu's influence instead.

That's probably been proposed and argued against before, but it does feel notable to me that Braig with brown eyes is legitimately hostile to Xehanort when he gets hurt on his watch and then legitimately goes submissive to him when threatened. Then the next time we see Braig, he has the yellow eye and is acting closer to his Xigbar self, and saying things that suggest experience like "I keep forgetting, don't mess with Keyblade wielders", and "he's got the angry look down". And finally, we have this.

You can contradict this possibility fairly easily with some other stuff, but at the same time, it makes more sense with the evidence we have here. So I don't know.
I'm a bit of glass half-empty kind of guy on this topic. It wouldn't surprise me if Nomura hadn't made the Luxu thing up for him yet at this point and Braig was just what he appeared to be.

Chie

Awards
It doesn't really matter when Nomura thought of it? I'm not sure why people keep bringing that up in story conversations, it doesn't change anything. The contents of the game are the same. Details build on eachother through improvisation and sometimes you notice something you did on accident and work it into the future, or you set vague details with intent to decide how or whether to use them later. Sometimes things connect in ways that are surprising to the author. That's what it means to make a continuing story. I'm not sure why my post would be read as talking about Nomura's authorial intent and not the actual games. Is Episode 1 of a TV show not appropriate to analyze in relation to Episode 20?

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
It doesn't really matter when Nomura thought of it? I'm not sure why people keep bringing that up in story conversations, it doesn't change anything. The contents of the game are the same. Details build on eachother through improvisation and sometimes you notice something you did on accident and work it into the future, or you set vague details with intent to decide how or whether to use them later. Sometimes things connect in ways that are surprising to the author. That's what it means to make a continuing story. I'm not sure why my post would be read as talking about Nomura's authorial intent and not the actual games. Is Episode 1 of a TV show not appropriate to analyze in relation to Episode 20?
No, I know as whole it doesn't matter, but at the time he probably wasn't thinking about it, and until he presents a connection otherwise, it's still okay to recognize.

Mexican Sora

Awards
Guys if you think about it, it makes sense. Luxu HAS to be harboring a remnant of the remaining Darknesses. Remember to forge the X-Blade you need THE Darknesses, and 13 of them not just someone with darkness. In MX's case he split the willful Darkness he has inside him into 13 pieces among his vessels including Xigbar/Luxu. We already know Vanitas is also one of the 13 willful darknesses thanks to UX which also makes sense why he was able to forge a broken X-Blade with Ventus, i.e. he meets the pre-requisite there just wasn't enough of him to do so.

But i think the answer to our question will be answered once the rest of the story of Dark Road comes out. We really don't know how exactly MX gained such an affinity with darkness but we do know he has the ability to see these 13 willful darknesses in plain sight. "The Boy who can see the Darkness"

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why the heck is yellow the color of darkness, anyway? Interesting.
Chernabog, Maleficent's dragon form, Shan Yu, all darken skin with yellow eyes. It's already a thing with Disney, so why not roll with it?

vaderskywalker

Awards
Chernabog, Maleficent's dragon form, Shan Yu, all darken skin with yellow eyes. It's already a thing with Disney, so why not roll with it?
Oh, it can go a step further than that. Nomura's a Star Wars fan right? I think he might have based the yellow eyes thing on the Sith, you know because they're eyes turn yellow.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh, it can go a step further than that. Nomura's a Star Wars fan right? I think he might have based the yellow eyes thing on the Sith, you know because they're eyes turn yellow.
That wasn't really until RotS, after it had been an established thing in KH.

vaderskywalker

Awards
That wasn't really until RotS, after it had been an established thing in KH.
Actually, KH1 was the only one out at the time, and Chain Of Memories came out around that time, and COM did not have the yellow eyes, the only one who did was Xehanort's heartless (and no I'm not going to refer to him as Ansem, because that's not his name, he may think it is, but it's not.), and it wasn't until KH2 that the yellow eyes started being on everyone Xehanort related.

Last edited:
Back