• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SPOILER About entering and going out of the Realm of Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

JOTAINSIDER

Awards
This post is about how enter and go out of the Realm of Darkness without keyblade from darkness

1. In
    Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show
?

3. In
Spoiler Spoiler Show
?

Thanks for commenting

D

Deleted member 252753

For 1, I can say that in the KH3 glossary (the Three Realms) it says that the Realm of Darkness can be reached with the Power of Waking and the glossary entry for the Power says that Mickey has it so maybe he used that.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I think I remember something somewhere about Mickey having to find a world that was about to fall to darkness and hitch a ride into the Realm of Darkness. He wasn't in the RoD for the entirety of KH1. He was worldhopping along with Sora and the gang for at least some of that game, before going into the RoD and meeting Aqua, then finding the Keyblade of Darkness. He isn't with Aqua for that long before closing the Door to Darkness with Sora.

After that, just having that Keyblade allowed much easier passage back and forth, but with the caveat that the Heartless are strong enough to break Keyblades in the RoD.

Edit: As for how TAV do it, I can only guess that Aqua is now carrying Master Defender again.

okhi12

Awards
The way of reaching the realm of darkness is very inconsistent throughout the KH series.
There are two canon methods: the most frequent is by opening dark corridors, which can be used by people with dark power, heartless and nobodies; but can also spontaneously appear when a world succumbs to darkness (that's how Mickey entered in KH1/0.2); and the other way is by opening a path using a keyblade from the dark realm. The only keyblade of darkness confirmed thus far is Mickey's Kingdom Key D (which became Kingdom Key W when it was repaired, apparently by fusing it with Star Seeker in KH3).

Yen Sid told Sora that he needed the power of waking before he went to the RoD but I'm not sure if Yen Sid meant it was necessary to reach the RoD. He could have meant that the PoW was probably necessary to help Aqua, and Sora wouldn't have been able to help without it (which was wrong... or maybe not, because according to Ventus Sora never lost the PoW).

Anyway we have seen Sora getting there by creating a door that leads to the RoD with the Master Defender keyblade which is not a keyblade of darkness (Master Xehanort says in secret reports from BBS that keyblades used by the remaining keyblade wielders including his and Eraqus' are keyblades of light). I thought that was a one-time-only thing that was only possible due to the ties between that particular keyblade and Aqua, as well as Sora's special status as the key that connects everything.

In ReMind we saw Terra, Aqua and Ventus opening the lanes between portal to the RoD, which confused me a lot. Maybe the portal didn't lead to the RoD but the lanes between instead, from where they would search for another way into the RoD, but the game seems to imply it leads directly into the RoD and that shouldn't be possible as their keyblades are not from the realm of darkness and they don't seem to have the PoW either. I guess there are several possibilities. The Land of Departure is a privileged land in the middle of the Realm In Between, so maybe that allows an exception to the rule making it easier to open a gate to the RoD from there (after all, Diz's card allowed Riku to exit the RoD and appear in Castle Oblivion which was the Land of Departure in an alternate form). The other possibility that crosses my mind is that the BBS trio could have gotten special dark powers after all they've been through, maybe allowing them to go to the RoD.

Edit: As for how TAV do it, I can only guess that Aqua is now carrying Master Defender again.
I watched that ReMind scene again yesterday and can confirm Aqua wasn't wielding Master Defender but her default keyblade, Rainfell.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
The way of reaching the realm of darkness is very inconsistent throughout the KH series.
There are two canon methods: the most frequent is by opening dark corridors, which can be used by people with dark power, heartless and nobodies; but can also spontaneously appear when a world succumbs to darkness (that's how Mickey entered in KH1/0.2); and the other way is by opening a path using a keyblade from the dark realm. The only keyblade of darkness confirmed thus far is Mickey's Kingdom Key D (which became Kingdom Key W when it was repaired, apparently by fusing it with Star Seeker in KH3).

Yen Sid told Sora that he needed the power of waking before he went to the RoD but I'm not sure if Yen Sid meant it was necessary to reach the RoD. He could have meant that the PoW was probably necessary to help Aqua, and Sora wouldn't have been able to help without it (which was wrong... or maybe not, because according to Ventus Sora never lost the PoW).

Anyway we have seen Sora getting there by creating a door that leads to the RoD with the Master Defender keyblade which is not a keyblade of darkness (Master Xehanort says in secret reports from BBS that keyblades used by the remaining keyblade wielders including his and Eraqus' are keyblades of light). I thought that was a one-time-only thing that was only possible due to the ties between that particular keyblade and Aqua, as well as Sora's special status as the key that connects everything.

In ReMind we saw Terra, Aqua and Ventus opening the lanes between portal to the RoD, which confused me a lot. Maybe the portal didn't lead to the RoD but the lanes between instead, from where they would search for another way into the RoD, but the game seems to imply it leads directly into the RoD and that shouldn't be possible as their keyblades are not from the realm of darkness and they don't seem to have the PoW either. I guess there are several possibilities. The Land of Departure is a privileged land in the middle of the Realm In Between, so maybe that allows an exception to the rule making it easier to open a gate to the RoD from there (after all, Diz's card allowed Riku to exit the RoD and appear in Castle Oblivion which was the Land of Departure in an alternate form). The other possibility that crosses my mind is that the BBS trio could have gotten special dark powers after all they've been through, maybe allowing them to go to the RoD.

I watched that ReMind scene again yesterday and can confirm Aqua wasn't wielding Master Defender but her default keyblade, Rainfell.
Another important thing to note about the remind scene that you mention is that she is wearing her keyblade armor as well, fully repaired and functioning. This is a contrast to the last time we see it in KH 2 final mix, where it lies at the depths of the hollow bastion basement, cracked and rusted.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I agree with Okhi12 that entering and leaving the Realm of Darkness in this series is totally plot convenient. Both how Ansem the Wise enter and leave the RoD is out of nowhere. And for Aqua all it took for her was to get beatup.

As for the armor, maybe it's possible the Wayfinder trio had their armor upgraded to now be able to access the RoD. I mean we have several characters that have been there before and a year has gone by, right? There could have been some serious equipment upgrading during then.

Back