• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPOILER] 2.8 Voices

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry

Why are people hating on Alyson Stoner for voicing Kairi? if it's because she voiced Xion, people seriously need to grow up, Xion is a video game character.

I think the new voice suites Kairi well, better thank Hayden portrayed IMO

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: SPOILER: 2.8 Voice (writing is visable)

Why are people hating on Alyson Stoner for voicing Kairi? if it's because she voiced Xion, people seriously need to grow up, Xion is a video game character.

nobody hating on alyson for voicing kairi we were surpsie she voiced kairi for 0.2

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: SPOILER: 2.8 Voice (writing is visable)

Nobody is hating on it xD I personally love it. I don't think Alyson will be Kairi for KH3 but I do like how interchangeable they are.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Re: SPOILER: 2.8 Voices

please, read before getting angry. nobody was hating on her, quite the contrary lol xD

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
No one is hating on Alyson. Rather, they're criticizing the poor voice direction (blamed on the director) in previous titles.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
well one kairi scene doesn't justify hayden coming back. Esp considering her condition during the time of recording. Im sure she will be back for the main title, hopefully brittany to if namine returns.

Id rather Alyson remains to voice xion so she can really develop her own idenity

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
will see if hayden comes back for kh3 because we dont if she will be busy flimg nasvile or flim if not i don't mind alyson voicing kairi as well

Last edited:

sonickenshin

Awards
I kinda thought she was the best voice in the new one. haha She really grew as a voice actress since she first started voicing Xion. I honestly wouldn't mind it if she was Kairi for KH3.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I much prefer Hayden; KH1 memories aside, she's quite good! I thought Alyson did fine in the acting department, but she's pretty far from being a soundalike, so it doesn't fit the bill for this man.

palizinhas

Awards
I kinda enjoy that's she's NOT a soundalike, I just find it weirder when new VAs try to copy the old ones than when they just are allowed to just give their own spin to a character.

Of course, usually characters don't basically share VAs the way Kairi and Xion share Stoner and Panettiere, but I think as long they don't use the two in the same game one for each character, I'll be able to put them as separate things entirely. If they did, and then there was another game where the two show up and it's back to the same VA again, THEN I'd probably find it strange.

arcticjops

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the two when I first played it. I may be the only one here, but is anyone else kinda bothered by HJO's performance as Sora this time around? I know he's grown, I have no problem with that. but he sounds so forced-cheery, if that's even a thing. I still think it's good, but I would prefer he goes back to the calm cheery instead of over the top constantly. Sora obviously is uber happy sometimes, but for the short time in 0.2 it struck me as a bit much. idk sorry I know it's stupid it's just a slight complaint. I thought everybody else was perfect.

ghostwarmen

Awards
While I do hope Hayden comes back for the next numbered title, I like Alyson just fine and thought she did quite a good job in 2.8.

dbG33K

I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the two when I first played it. I may be the only one here, but is anyone else kinda bothered by HJO's performance as Sora this time around? I know he's grown, I have no problem with that. but he sounds so forced-cheery, if that's even a thing. I still think it's good, but I would prefer he goes back to the calm cheery instead of over the top constantly. Sora obviously is uber happy sometimes, but for the short time in 0.2 it struck me as a bit much. idk sorry I know it's stupid it's just a slight complaint. I thought everybody else was perfect.

Completely agree. Sounds super forced and like he's trying to sound pre-pubescent again. Which I guess was fine for DDD since his character model looks KH1 age, but at end of 0.2 and especially for KH3, I hope he talks a little more like an adult lol.

arcticjops

Completely agree. Sounds super forced and like he's trying to sound pre-pubescent again. Which I guess was fine for DDD since his character model looks KH1 age, but at end of 0.2 and especially for KH3, I hope he talks a little more like an adult lol.

exactly! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back