• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Splinter Cell- Conviction (Sam Fisher Returns)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Splinter Cell Spoilers Will Be Present

On September 21, 2006 the title Conviction was released during a major Ubisoft leak for upcoming games. The title is in no way confirmed, but it's the only established working title available.

A new Splinter Cell game has been confirmed repeatedly by Ubisoft and will deal with the fallout of Double Agent, and also establish what canon is the correct one in the Splinter Cell universe since the player had multiple choices during DA which would define the outcome of the game.

Conviction will deal with Sam Fisher on the run from the FBI, and it's been rumored that Assistant Director Williams will have a villainous role in the new installment. It's also possible that Lambert will no longer assist Fisher, since DA gives you the option of killing him, again, that's determined by what Ubisoft regards are the correct canon of the series.

The game is currently rumored for a 2008 release, maybe even Fall 2007, though unlikely. It's also been stated that Microsoft has bought out exclusive rights for the Splinter Cell franchise, meaning PS3 will not be getting the next installment.

Discuss, oh, and STFU about which system is better. Discuss Splinter Cell only.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I hope that they take their time. Don't release it this fall, release it next fall. Because Splinter Cell is starting to come out every year. I love the Splinter Cell series, but when they come out every year you know that it's not going to be that much different than the one before.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
That's not actually true, Splinter Cell has always been an innovative, breathtaking game. The way they release them is because different Ubisoft's work on Splinter Cell games, enabling them to get more games out there. And if they were bad the series wouldn't get such amazing and well deserved reviews.

Anyhow, it is set for 2008. the Fall 2007 is simply a fanboy rumor, don't give it much thought. I just thought it deserved mention so that it may be shot down.

Possibly a Spring 2008 Release is possible. Chaos Theory was released in March.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I know how Ubisoft makes Splinter Cell. One team is constantly working on a new version. Ubisoft Montreal, and Ubisoft Europe works on them simultaneously. But, I don't know. I hope this game is worth it. I haven't played Double Agent yet, but I plan on buying it soon enough.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
There's also Ubisoft Shanghai. And if you know how they make them, you should't be shocked by how they produce games and your whining is unfounded.

All of the Splinter Cell games have been remarkable, and Double Agent is the best of them. It does differ between the 360 and regular Xbox versions. I've played both. I find the regular Xbox version to be a bit more entertaining, hopefully they use alot of the Xbox canon for Conviction.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I'm not complaining. I'm just saying I hope they take their time. Releasing a game every year isn't always the right way to go. Also, if the 360 exclusivity is true, then that will help. Since they won't have to spend extra time porting to other consoles.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, from what Ubisoft has stated, they've been working on Conviction since DA was released. And with the game aimed for 2008, that's really taking their time for the game.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Rainbow Six isn't Splinter Cell, they're based on two seperate Clancy ideals...

As far as video games go, i'm a massive fan of anything Clancy related (- the sum of all fears) and Splinter Cell is utterly superb, the constant alterations of the game are akin to that of the Tony Hawks series, similar gameplay basis yet enough alterations in order to make you want to buy it...

Chaos Theory was amazing and Double Agent is on my list of games to buy when i have money to do so...SC always has > MGS in my books

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
The gameplay is amazing and innovative in every way. Double Agent for Xbox would have to be the way to go, but the previous installments are just as good. Each offers a good number of variety, direction, and re-playability that'll have you playing for hours.

You aren't a true Splinter Cell junkie until you've played the game on its hardest setting, oh the fun. You can play the games multiple ways, the hardest is pure stealth without killing or alerting a single foe, so you always have a new way to challenge yourself.

Plus you have to realize the fact that every Splinter Cell game to date has gotten perfect scores from every major site. 9.9 out of ten, five out of five, perfect ten by some. It has never gotten below a 9, that's how good the games are.

Then you have hacking, the goggles, two guns, the larger rifle with a sniper and shotgun attachment. And the thrills and intensity of the series will literally have you at the edge of your seat. Because it really does get tense.

And I cannot give enough credit to the beautiful musical score that makes every moment even better, and that much more thrilling. And the graphics, well, what is there to say? It's beautifully rendered with amazing character animation and the settings are just amazing to look at and proceed though.

Last, but certainly not least, the wonderful voice talent of Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher, he brings such a dry, dark humored tone to Fisher. He is the perfect gritty war hero. And Ironside delivers every line to the perfect pitch. In DA Ironside is really put to the limits of acting, Michael clearly proves in that game he is an amazing voice actor because of the strength and stress his character is put through.

Double Agent will have you making choices, very touch choices, that will cause you to stop and think. The morality of it is genius and certainly pulls at you. No, you won't be shedding a tear, but you'll always stop and wonder if you did the right thing. If there even is a right thing.

I'd also like to point out one last thing, although Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell exist in two different genres, they have shared a few characters. Yes, the exact same characters, not just in name.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
That is correct, the Splinter Cell franchise has never scored below a 9 on any gaming magazine or site. In my opinion, which matters more, I give it a perfect 10.

Anyhow, Double Agent is available for both the 360 and the Original Xbox. But both versions are very different games, so you should at least buy the one for 360, but certainly rent the one for the original XBox, it's just as perfect and offers a slightly different story and setting.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, as I'm sure everyone has heard. SPLINTER CELL: Conviction is due Christmas 2007, a date which I'm fairly happy about. The game is taking Splinter Cell in an all new direction, Sam will now use crowds as cover, and even work in broad daylight.

The game will take place after Double Agent, and supposedly clear up any confusion over continuity. The game is taking place in the fall, and Sam is a wanted fugitive, meaning he has little to no access to his past equipment.

This is Sam Fisher like you've never seen him before. Oh, and he has hair and a beard, looks great. As I stated before; Conviction is an XBOX 360 EXCLUSIVE. The PS3 can't handle it, plus, why put it out on a system that has lackluster sales? Just bad business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back