• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spiritual Warfare

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watchman

Here is something to think about. As a Christian, can you have another weapon, besids a sword, as a spiritual weapon. I know in Ephesians it says the take up the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, but can you have more than one weapon. Please give me biblical references with your explanation on either side. Thanks a bunch!!!

[√]Genuflect
Here is something to think about. As a Christian, can you have another weapon, besids a sword, as a spiritual weapon. I know in Ephesians it says the take up the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God, but can you have more than one weapon. Please give me biblical references with your explanation on either side. Thanks a bunch!!!
It would be cool to have one but, God don't promote violence anymore right?
But only God knows if we will have one.

The Watchman

Though that is true to an extent, are you aware that when people are praying, there is a battle going on between heaven and hell? This happens everytime someone prays.

[√]Genuflect
Though that is true to an extent, are you aware that when people are praying, there is a battle going on between heaven and hell? This happens everytime someone prays.
Of course.
Satan hates it when people prays.
More likely, Satan took away 1/3 of the spirits living in heaven.

The Watchman

Exactly. So this is why the question was brought up. I had some personal experiences, during my prayer, or God, time, that brought up this question. Have you experienced spiritual warfare like this?

[√]Genuflect
Exactly. So this is why the question was brought up. I had some personal experiences, during my prayer, or God, time, that brought up this question. Have you experienced spiritual warfare like this?
Er, No.
I really don't like to experience one.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well Actually you do only have one weapon. The Sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. Remember that
The Bible said:
"In the Beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God"
The weapon that this is referring to is all spiritual warfare but not just in praying. Your carnal side makes war with your spirit. The devil is at war with you for
The Bible said:
he comes to steal, to kill, and destroy.
The Bible said:
"If God be for us who can be against us"
In order to win any spiritual warfare we are in we have to have God work through us. This is done by confessing the word before, during, after a curcumstance, also by praying in the spirit after using scripture for what you pray for in your understanding, and also living and doing what the word tells you to do. So the only weapon you have is the word
The Bible said:
"For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

I am myself experiencing this warfare in not conforming to the world.

[√]Genuflect
I am myself experiencing this warfare in not conforming to the world.
I get it.
You're trying to say that you're confused because you want another weapon than the word of God.

The Watchman

To put it in an overall perspective, I can use fire and my sword can become a two-sided one, you know, the weapon where there are two swords that are held by one handle. Another one is a bow and arrow. I can use that two. This is just the basics of it.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
To put it in an overall perspective, I can use fire and my sword can become a two-sided one, you know, the weapon where there are two swords that are held by one handle. Another one is a bow and arrow. I can use that two. This is just the basics of it.

Are you saying that you use the word of God as a bow and arrow and all these other forms besides being a sword? If I have the wrong idea you don't make any sense.

Besides, The word of God is a spiritual sword. I don't remeber the Bible saying that it was anything else by comparison.

Maybe are you using something else for your weapons in spiritual warfare?

The Watchman

To answer your first paragraph, that seems to be the case that during my prayer time when the battle is going on, I will get these.

To answer the last paragraph you put on there, what else could be used in this? The only time God does this for me is when I am either A.) In prayer with Him, or B.) When I read the Bible and use what I have learned in battle. That is it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
It would be cool to have one but, God don't promote violence anymore right?
But only God knows if we will have one.

Throughout the Bible, God defended his people in war. In fact, whenever there was sin and a couple was having sex in front of the Tabernacle, the high priest took a spear and skewered the couple, killing them instantly, in front of the Tabernacle. Violence is all over the Bible, it's just if it's righteous judgment/war/violence I guess that is where the line is drawn.

Your spiritual weapon is the Word of God, which is the Bible, which is the Sword of the Spirit. There is no weapon greater against others than the Word of God. Think about it, when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness, what did he use to fight off Satan? Scripture. The Bible is your weapon against evil. It's all you need. There are other parts of the "Armor of God", however, like the breastplate, shield, etc.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Throughout the Bible, God defended his people in war. In fact, whenever there was sin and a couple was having sex in front of the Tabernacle, the high priest took a spear and skewered the couple, killing them instantly, in front of the Tabernacle. Violence is all over the Bible, it's just if it's righteous judgment/war/violence I guess that is where the line is drawn.

You are correct, but just so people know, this is not the current idea. If any sins are committed they can be forgiven. Because of Jesus

The Watchman

For Gildragon: It is not my imagination. Otherwise, my sword that I had when I first started would also be imaginary, which I know I was not.

To Dogenzaka: If that's the case, then why am I getting all of these other weapons from the Holy Spirit?

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
to The Watchman:
Can you explain how you are getting these weapons? this is obviously not a game that we are talking about but real and in the supernatural realm. Since the Bible does not state that the word is anything but a sword, I am curious as to how you arrived at having these other weapons.
Please explain how this happens?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
To Dogenzaka: If that's the case, then why am I getting all of these other weapons from the Holy Spirit?

A shield is a weapon? A breastplate is a weapon? A helmet is a weapon?
The Word of God is the weapon, and it's a part of "The Armor of God". The other pieces like the Belt of Truth, Shield of Faith, Shoes of Peace, Helmet of Salvation, and Breastplate of Righteousness are elements that make up a follower of God, but the Sword of the Spirit (Word of God) is your weapon. Shield of Faith? Shields you from your enemies in your faith towards God, etc. God didn't give you "all these other weapons", these other elements are not weapons. They're pieces of the complete armor, like the Sword of the Spirit, that make up a follower of God, in the Armor of God. A Warrior of Christ. Do you understand now?

aogWholeArmor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back