• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirits of the Divine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife sighed as he sat down on a nearby rock, taking off his falcon mask. He tossed it on the ground as it made a long small clingy sound. His wings were still spread open, unable to close them. He felt embarressed showing these giant white feathery "things" sticking out his back, it felt more as if he were dead or something. He lifted up his head and gazed upon the moon. His left eye gleamed miraclously at the sight of it. Staring at the hypnotic gaze on the moon, Strife finally looked away, turning his head towards the ground, blinking two or three times before he regained a normal position.

"So..you're a 'god' eh.."

A strange transparent figure stood above Strife, his eyes were strong as his infinate stare at Strife became deeper and deeper. He nodded as his beak began to move.

"Yes..I am Horus, the god of flight..and yes..i bet you've heard a lot about me..yes..my eyes create an unknown energy that shields your body..and yes..i once ruled Egypt with an iron fist..i defeated Seth when he killed my father..I am the Horus that all those stories speak of..now..you too have that power.."

"Huh??"

"I know you are familiar with mythology..so you would know me..you would know my accomplishments..my fame..but the question is..do you know how i achieved so many famous things..i chose you because i think you have what it takes..to become the next god of flight..i shall train you in both your emotional mind and your physical body..so first thing's first..you may NOT tell ANYONE that you have these powers..except those of your friends that too have these god like strengths..to do this you'll have to blend in with everyone.."

"Well i DID blend in before..but.."

"That's before..it's not what you've accomplished in the past that matters..it's what you accomplish now that actually has meaning..look at those wings..how are you going to fold them away..you can't just TRY to do it..you must combine both physical and emotional energy into folding these wings away..try it..control a large amount of your energy into your upper back..and close your eyes..THINK that the wings are gone..they will be gone.."

Strife did what Horus told him to do. The wings started to decrease in size, first folding themselves horizantally, then slowly going back into his back. The wings were gone. Two large holes were placed behind Strife's back, which soon turned into scars.

"If you would like to unleash your powers..blow out your wings..the same way you sealed them..remember..do not show your powers to anyone.."

Horus disapeared, along with the shining light that circled around him. Strife was now alone in the cold breezy night. He sighed and decided to visit one of his friends, to see how they were dealing with their powers.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Fay sat down in a chair, resting her head in her hands. Closing her bright eyes, she did not even notice how the shadows in the corner gathered unnaturally to her.

"Okay, first off, you've got Thor pretty much down pat; an admired god of thunder and lightening. I could tell you that he was killed by Fenrir- or will be killed, I have no idea if Ragnorak has happened or not. It did, didn't it? That has to be the only reason why he and Loki are back. Which reminds me that we are in so much trouble, given Loki's offspring." she winced and looked up. "Fenrisulfr, Hel, and the Midgard Serpant, Jormungandr. I think we should definitely be afraid of a guy who can have an eight-legged horse as a kid by turning into a mare." she leaned back and sighed.

"I don't think we should go home. As much as I'd love to run back to my house and fall on my bed right now, don't think that's going to happen. Loki will be looking for us, and we'll only bring this down upon our families if we go home."

I agree with your idea, sad as it may be Fay.

I just want to go home. Instead, I'm being used as an avatar for a goddess so I can go off to fight Loki. I'm in over my head.

But you're not backing down.

No ... I'm not.

Good. That means you can handle it.

Yeah....

"Okay, just so we're all clear, let's take a roll call. Nyx," she raised her hand sardonically, "Thor, Amun Ra...." she trailed off and looked pointedly at her three remaining friends.

Malum Incantum

He blinked as he scratched his chin and took out his sketch book. He suddenly got an idea, and started sketching a drawing up. Soon, it was finished, as he smiled a bit. "Good...hey, I got an idea. Well, albeit, some of us still look remotely normal, like me, I just happen to be taller, and if I wear glasses, they won't see my eyes."

He stood up as he paced around the room. "We could, in affect, go hide out at my cabin out on Sondesca Mountain. I can drive, and my vehicle is still parked right outside. It's a nice place, I could just tell my parent's we are having a going away part for Meilin... or, is it Inari now? Something along those lines? " He shrugged as he walked over to a table and picked up a small snow globe.

"Either way, we can't stay here in the library.. and...", he blinked, "and...guys, I feel something bad coming.."

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife ran towards Zeke, panting and panting, his eyes were switching, back and forth, from glowing to normal. As he approached him, a slight grin came upon his face. He pointed to his back as he turned around.

"Look!! NO WINGS!!"

He laughed and turned back around, facing Zeke straight in the eye, his own eyes were still changing. He kept blinking as his vision of Zeke, changed from normal to x-ray like every few seconds. There was something wrong with him, as if a surge of fear was enveloping a small portion of his body.

"You ok??"

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
((Sorry I didnt want to read throiugh all the post to find out, but is the potion of Amun Ra filled?))

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rick looked down at Mjonir, the hammer felt more like an extension of his arm and because of that he almost forgot he was holding it. He wondered how much the hammer really weighed; in his hands it felt weightless, but when he laid it on the stone floor small stress fractures appeared around it. Lifting the hammer off the ground a frown appeared on his face. "I remember it," he said in a strangely distant voice. "Vigrid was a covered thick with the sounds of battle and the cries of wounded."

He looked up at Fay, his pupils had turned fire red there was a saddness in them that made him look much older. "It was Odin who fell to Fenrir, the great wolf swallowed the All Father whole. The warriors Einherjar rose in a storm of fury and righteous anger greater than any I had seen before. The strenght of Odin's power flowed into my veins and I slayed the serpent with a single blow from Mjonir," he said in a quiet but proud voice. "The serpent's venom flowed through my veins...Nine steps I took before succumbing to the burning poison. Great sleep took me, but I did rise again for the War of All Gods."

Rick shook his head suddenly startled by the things he saw in his mind and the memories that flashed by in fragments. Whatever it was the moment soon faded and Rick was left feeling confused and unsettled. "I don't know what that was, bu-"

Everyone shot to their feet in an instant the sound of a wolf's howl filled the air and sent shivers down their spines. Three more howls filled the air. Rick turned to the others. "Get you things together. We've got to get out of here now."

Malum Incantum

He blinked. "That is sad..." He shook his head before he heard the howls and rolled his eyes. "I told you something was coming...so where to? My little mountain house or is there somewhere else we need to go? "

He got to his feet as he climbed a ladder to look out the small basement window, seeing, off in the distance, an odd field of fog rolling over the place...

"Ooooh boy, that can't be good."

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife bent down, gazing his eyes on Fay, flashing back and forth as his vision kept changing. He couldn't control his eyes. Grasping his hands to his hair, he faced the ground and shrieked a little, it wasn't very loud. He finally faced up again, standing straight, staring at everyone.

"So..should we do it NOW..cuz.."

He pointed out the window, into the misty fog.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rick peered out the window following Strife's finger. His eyes widened as four fur covered animals ran through teh fog their howls ringing through the night. The creatures resembled wolves, but were twice the size of grizzly bears with dark brown and black hair, fangs that glinted ghostly white. It was their eyes that scent tingles down Rick's spine, they burned with a poisonous yellow color that brought back flashes of memories from long ago. "We're in trouble, they must be scenting us," Rick said in a calm voice. "Quick take the back exit and get to Zeke's car. Will hide at his place until we hatch some type of plan."

Hefting Mjonir in his right hand Rick ran towards the stair up into the library. "Go ahead of me, I'm going to try something out. If it works they shouldn't be able to follow our scent."

GeneralChaos

Ryan frowned. He had been hoping for a bit of a fight or at least the opportunity to use his bow.

You are not yet capable of controlling the power of a God, Ryan Apollo spoke directly into his mind again. The smartest option would be to flee.

"C'mon then, let's get this over and done with." Ryan motioned towards the exit. "Oh, and Nyx," Ryan felt his voice take a different tone, but had no intention of stopping. The way the God was speaking... this had to be good. "You know fine well that I don't go chasing after every beautiful young woman in sight. If that were so, then the young lady you inhabit would know how I gained such a reputation in the bedroom."

Bad move, bad move, bad move... Ryan cringed. Not even he had the nerve to speak to Fay in that kind of way, seeing as she was still a...

Still a what? A vir..? Oh dear... Apollo seemed to slink into the deeper recesses of his mind. He was better off there, right now.

Clearing his throat and feeling more than a bit abashed, silently moved towards the exit, hoping he had not offended Fay. Random women he had never met were okay to speak of in such a manner, but not his friends. If this perv of a God started speaking to Rick or Zeke in that mNNER, then he may as well cut his own throat...

Malum Incantum

Zeke chuckled at the antics of Ryan, and the fact that apparently he would never learn to control his mouth. He looked over to Fay. "Fanyx.. nice nickname eh? Yeah, don't overuse your powers...plus, I don't think they will catch up with us.." He gave an evil smiled as he walked outside through the basement door and up to his car.

There it was, a brand new Cadillac 16.

(Pic of the outside: http://www.wired.com/news/images/full/cadillac_16_2_f.jpg)
(Pic of the inside: http://www.c2e.info/images/CAS03/cadillac16inside.jpg)

Everything was customized on his though. The inside interior was a dark silver, leather, it actually contrasted quite nicely with the outside of the car.

He popped the trunk via remote control and stuffed everyone's stuff inside, then slammed it shut, before he popped open all the doors, and climbed in the driver seat. "EVERYONE GET IN!"

They would not catch up with this car. It had a thsouand horse-power... no way, right?

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
ooc. ooh malum nice car.

ic. Strife stood aghast, with his hands dangling in the air, his eyes lost at the sight of the car. He snapped out of his tranced state and turned to Zeke.
He nodded at Zeke's commands and turned towards the others.

"Guys..we have to hurry.."

He swung his hands towards the car, in an inviting way. He looked out the window, peeking through the fog with his eyes, it went from a clear image of the wolves, to a bleak foggy image. His blinked two or three times again before he gazed upon the window one more time. It seemed as if they were coming closer, but..were they??

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Fay flushed angrily, but Nyx was laughing. She could feel the goddess's influence taking over. Smiling archly, she leaned closer to Ryan- or Apollo, rather -and whispered to him.

"And if it were so, then you would know that I am not so innocent as I look." as she walked off, Fay put her hand to her head.

The insanity rating just went up. She stood besides the car and began to chant a soft incantation, waving her hand around her friends. From her fingertips flowed a blanket of darkness that wrapped them in a night no eye save their's could pierce.

"We'll go in secrecy."

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin popped out her contacts as she got into the car, and winced. "This is weird.... I don't even need my glasses anymore...." she said, a bit out of touch with reality. Her now bright yellow eyes blinked a bit to clear her vision, before her fox-like ears perked up to the next round of howls. "Strange... Those almost sound like the hollows from back on Mt. Kurama....." she muttered. She watched as the others piled in behind her. "Malum. Should we really go to your place? I mean, we'd probably be better off camping for the night. These howling things..... They'll follow us right to your familiy...."

Are you scared?

OF COURSE I'M SCARED! Look at me! I've got Kitsune ears, a tail, yellow eyes.... I look like something that just jumped out of an anime screening room!!! She leaned back in the seat. Why always me?

I suppose you because you were so kind to Koji.

SAY WHA?

You cared for the oracle, not merely because of your familys traditons, but because you honestly believe in the old gods, and you honestly admired his powers, did you not?

Well, yes but.... All my family still love the old gods....

But doubt festers in their hearts. You are a kind person, and while it is human nature not to believe without proof, it is YOUR nature not to DISbelieve without proof. THAT is why you are the new god.

But what about the others? Those gods are all African, European.... Why not the native gods of America?

Curious questions to be settled in less pressing times, i'm afraid.

(((YOU ALL POST TO MUCH!!!!)))

Malum Incantum

OOC: Heehee...sowwee

IC:

Malum blinked as he thought it over. "Everyone in?? Good!" With that, he squealed out of there, and onto the road. Thank God it was late, or else there might have been more traffic. He took the backroads as they slowly left the city itself, and entered the fancier suburbs headed towards the small mountain. He thought slowly on what Meilin had said. "My family is not at the mountain home right now. I told you, it is a vacation home. "

He kept an eye out around them as he kept his guard up, while turning on the radio. It was playing rock, System Of A Down to be precise, some song called Hypnotize. It sounded great on the sound system that came factory standard...Cadillac always wanted their customers to be in the best of luxury.

Soon, they were at the home. "It's not much, but it's cozy."

Before them was a three-story log cabin. One could estimate it had at least sixteen rooms, and it looked like their might have been a pool around back. There were lovely bay windows here and there, and a nice chimney shooting out near the middle.

He made his way to the door, and pressed his fingerprint to it. "Latest security..."

~Access Denied.~

"What?! Oh..yeah, I am not quite me anymore?" He laughed and then did a manual override. Within a second, they were in.

"Get in! Hurry! "

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC: I apologize to all of you for not being here this weekend. I had to go out of town for a family get together. Thanks to all of you for keep this rp going. You're either really into this rp, or you love me desperately. I'm sure it's both.

Rick went in first, breathing a sigh of relief. It felt safer being out of the city, they wouldn't have to worry about endangering their families. He wondered how long they could stay here before Loki found a way to track them. There wasn't any reason to think the dogs or whatever they were could follow them. He'd used his powers to ionize the air around the library. A small lightning storm had started that gave the entire block with the stench of ozone. Rick was suprised by how tired he felt afterwards, but that was really only the beginning. He followed the lightning with a quick flash of rain that lasted until they were well away from the library.

With any luck the rain had washed away any chances of the dog creatures following their scent. Rick had the feeling of a small boulder of unease in his stomach. It wouldn't be good to stay here for more than a few days, but where could they go?

He shook his head vigoursly pushing the thoughts to the back of his mind. Right now they all needed a something to eat, especially me, Rick thought to himself. "Zeke, does your family keep a pantry stocked? I'm so hungry after tonight, and I think that all of us could use something hot to eat. It'll calm our nerves at the very least."

Last edited:

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin's stomach grumbled at this. She sweatdropped. "Yeah. I'm not much of a cook, but if you have something....." she said, wrapping her tail around her waist and sitting on the couch.

Malum Incantum

He blinked and nodded, as he passed through the entry hall, a den, and pass the main kitchen. He arrived at the pantry, which was two huge doors. He opened it, revealing a room about the size of your average master bathroom, full of food and supplies.

"Look in that walk-in fridge over there, if you want some frozen foods to warm up or cook. " He went over to one of the regular fridges and popped out a soda, and drunk it halfway down before he quit. Then he grabbed a bag of potato chips and started munching them as he went and sat down in the main den, flipping down the huge plasma screen t.v.

It warmed up as it came on, and there was on the news. "A break-in at SoTech Industries, apparently minor, kept secret by one Mr. Ikol. More on that at ten."

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin, after putting ona pot of water for ramen, glanced up at the TV. "'Apparently Minor?' That's a joke. But how'd thye know Loki was ocvering it up?" she asked, grabbing about five ramen packets from the shelf.

You're seriously going to eat all that?

"Yes i'm going to eat all this!" she grumbled at the spirit, dumping the ramen into the pot. "Ever sense you came along, i've had the seriously weird desire to eat overly-rare meat! I don't even eat meat on a daily basis!"

The spirit laughed inside her head, which only served to make her forehead twitch in annoyance. YOU SHUT UP! she yelled in her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back