• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirits of the Divine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
When Fay heard the gunshots, her whole body tensed up, a shiver going down her spine. Her muscles clenched; she both felt as though she couldn't move and that she would burst if she didn't run. Tears stung her eyes.

No, please ... this can't be happening. Rick can't die ... none of them can die. I don't want to live without any of them.

So shocked was she that she didn't even hear the foot steps behind her. When she did become away of a prescence lingering over her shoulder, it was too late; Strong hands wrapped around her neck from behind, fingers grasping her throat. She clenched her eyes, one last breath of air escaping her mouth, and tried to throw her attacker off, but all in vain; the guard was much more powerful, and the lack of oxygen was already draining her.

Not like this, she thought wildly, her struggling becoming weaker by the second. Just another minute now ... there was so many things that had been left unsaid ... so many things she had yet to do....

Child, I sense strength within you. But I can make you so much more powerful.

With the words that echoed in her head, time seemed to slow down. Fay could hear every single beat of her heart, seeming to take a year to end before beginning again.

What's happening?

Young Fay, I am giving you the choice to accept a great gift. I am Nyx, goddess of night. I am offering you my soul.

Why me?

Because you are a fitting choice. Your heart is strong, and your will is great. Surrender to me, and I will show you life such as you have never known.

I will do anything to save my friends.

Then it is decided. I will be here for you, Fay. You will never again be alone.

Time snapped back into place, yet slowly, in a strange way. Fay's black-and-grey eyes widened as she felt power rise up within her, like a great tide consuming the land, like an eclipse covering the moon.

Calmly, Fay reached up and grasped the guard's hands as they tightened around her neck, pulling them off. This time, it was him that was struggling as she threw him to the wall. He slumped down, unconscious, and Fay stood over him. Wihtout even thinking, she whipped around and kicked him across the face with strength and precision she could've never before managed. Blood trickled from his nose. With no concern to the other guards around her, she turned on her heel and walked off.

Her eyes flared, black as they sky, the flecks of grey in them burning like stars. She had been blind before; now, she could see. The shadows were nothing, darkness no longer obscured her vision. This was her element. She watched the bullets fly pass, her eyes able to see every one of them as they hit their target. Behind her, she could hear the guard's slow heartbeat. She could hear the crunching of boots on the warehouse floor. And so much more.

"So this is what it feels like to be alive."

Malum Incantum

OOC: Okay, here is the D.L.

-- We tried running for the warehouse.

-- Ryan is close to dying, unconscious at least.

-- Rick was shot. Then he slowly started to gain god powers.

-- You should be doing the same.

There, that should clear it up.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
(((Got it!!!!))

Meilin grabbed Zeke and Fay. "Guys!!!! Heads up!" she said, dragging them into a corner as security appeared at the other end of the hall. "What's with you guys? SNAP OUT OF IT!" she yelled at the unresponsive two. She noticed the ring had fallen from her finger. She grabbed it from the floor, and a ovice filled her head.

"Would you have me help you, Oracle?" it asked.

Meilin blinked. WHA!?

"Would you have me help you?" it repeated.

Of course I want help.... but who are you?

"I am Inari, oracle."

WHA!? I'm no oracle. Koji's oracle!

"Koji is dead."

Meilin's eyes watered at the news, but she glanced at the approaching guards, and decided it best to save it for later. Help me, Please.....

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
(( Okies, got it. Thankies! ))

Fayeth's Heart was pouding fast, her concern for her friends, the fear she was currently feeling, everything, was all piling up inside of her and she couldn't take it. 'There's nothing i can do now, this was a bad idea in the first place... Argh.'

'You are wrong. You can not give up now... Your friends need you as you need them right now.'

Her head snapped up, hearing the sudden voice in her head, "What was...?", she said quietly to herself. Not knowing what to think of this at all, all this voice did to her now was make her confusion grow even more.

'I-i don't understand.'

'Easy. Turn your worry, your concern, the love for your friends, into something that will help them instead.'

'You're kidding me. How am i going to do that?'

'I will help you, but you must build up your courage first... Which you have, but you must unleash it first.'

'I'll try...'

Fayeth took a deep breath breath, holding it in for a moment before letting it out slowly. She could suddenly feel her energy boost up, her worry washing away as well, slowly being replaced by courage and much more. Raising her hands up in front of her, she closed them both, palm to palm in a prayer position as she closed her eyes.

'You must save your friends... '

'I'm trying.'

'Try harder, two are close to dying. You can't let them die.'

'I won't, i am trying... They can't die, i won't let them. They can't die!!'

Fayeth's hands started glowing with a bright light, a soft aura surrounding her entire body as she muttered off a quiet prayer. Each one who was hurt, their wounds started to close up, the same light coming from her, enclosed their wounds as well. A protective sheild, just slightly visible, enveloped each of them, protecting them from any attacks. Though it wasn't very strong, it was sure to block off any harm towards them.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Mr. Ikol turned mouth agape in surprise and a twinkle of anger was revealed in his eyes as they surveyed Rick standing tall before him. Ikol showed his true nature raising his gun and firing several shot without a moments hesistation.

Rick reacted as one would expect throwing his arms up in defense. He winced as the bullets slammed into his forearms leaving deep red welts that would become brusies soo enough. Lower his arms in amazement Rick looked down at himself and at the empty gun shells at Mr. Ikol's feet.

It seemed strange that Ikol seemed more angry than surprised, but he quickly forgot about that when two of Ikol's personal assisstants brought out telescoping nigtsticks. The two advanced on Rick throwing hard blows to his head.

Catching both weapons in his hands Rick twisted the metal until it snapped. The two attackers were easily dispatched with savage punches from Rick.

"So, you've chosen hosts. It doesn't matter," Mr. Ikol said in a knowing voice. "The Council has assembled many of its former members, while you are just seven. Seven with no chance of surviving the night."

Moving in a flash Rick snatch Ikol up by his throat squeezing tightly enough to smashed his wind pipe. "What are you talking about? Why are you doing this? I'll kill you for what you did to us."

Ikol didn't seem surprised or afaid both of reactions Rick was hoping to see; Ikol wore a smug expression of contempt. "Such simple minded brutality. It is not befitting, but what can one expect after falling so low as you have."

Faster than the blink of an eye Ikol grabbed Rick wrist and threw him across the warehouse. Rick slammed into one of the steel crates with a loud thud the metal bent around him.

"HAHAHAHA...Surprised?" Ikol's voice rang throughout the warehouse, but it was different now, more powerful, more refined, deeper, and most of all deceivingly charming.

Wiping the blood from his mouth the thought passed through Rick's mind that Ikol wasn't who he appeared to be.

"You'll find that the doors to this place are sealed, my young inheritors. Only I can open them and that will not happen while you live. It will end quickly enough. You're barely above human now, the lowest of beasts would ravage you. Time is as always on my side."

Rick felt his hair being pulled back as Mr. Ikol's face came into view. Only it wasn't Ikol anymore. His features were more refined narrow and long, his eyes were filled with arrogance and in a way they were snakelike. His suit had changed into long noxious yellow and green robes that flowed over jade green armor.

Loki...

Rick's eyes widened as the word pass through his mind. "Loki..." he muttered.

"I see memories of my infamous nature do not fade," Loki said. "I'll end this quickly enough...Brother."

Loki rasied his right hand and a strange orb of deep yellow light appeared along his finger tips.

Last edited:

Malum Incantum

OOC: Lmao, Morpheaus, I get the name now, Ikol = Loki... I should have saw that earlier.

"Oh... no you don't."

Suddenly, hZeke was in front of Rick as heand his hands raised and out to the sides, as if he was holding back Mr. Ikol, or maybe, holding back Rick from reaching Ikol... one could never be too sure. Either way, Zeke faced down Loki as he stared deep within his eyes, the solid blue sapphires of Zeke seeming to melt away the layer's of Loki's soul so that he could see into the core, as if peeling an onion.

"You, who brought about Ragnarok. You, the coward God. You, who are not truly a God to begin with, but a Titan, and one of the weakest, if the cleverest, of them. You shall face wrath a thousand-fold greater than that of the old days, of that which you were punished with, having venom dripped on you by a giant snake... trust me, this will get much worse."

Slowly, he pulled his hands forward, as if fighting against a force, as he started to move his fingers gracefully through the air. Slowly, his hands clasped around something, as if holding a ball of sorts, or maybe something else entirely. Light started to gather within the space between his hands as he started to move his fingers ever so lightly, as a weaver would on their most beautiful masterpiece.

"This is going to hurt you a HELL of alot worse than it is me..." If I can pull this off, that is.

The light started to turn green as it grew larger, and filled up the space between his hands, as he had to pulled them apart slowly, to make more and more room. The room around them started to shake, but he could not make it grow any larger.

"Guess this will have to do....NOW! "

Suddenly, he slammed it forward at Loki, watching it speed towards him, quickly and deftly closing the small distance between the two beings. Zeke had not known where he had gotten that power, but he felt suddenly drained, and that he could not do it again...

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC: Thank you, Malum. I'd actually expected you to see it first. I did hope it would be overlooked though. I thought as the trickster god Loki would use small tricks and puzzles in everything.

Loki sneered at Zeke's attack, "Interfering bastard!" He roared and grabbed the attack in his right hand. The yellow light along Loki's finger tips melded with the green of Zeke's attack causing a flash of blue light the sent all three of them flying.

Rick slammed into the ground with bone jarring force. Rolling to his knees his eyes widened in astonishment. A small bowl had been cut in the concrete floor where the three had stood. The area around was liquified and in certain area petrified. What the hell did they do...Rick shook his head as Loki appeared standing over him.

"That was pointless, I've bedded nymphs with more spark," he said. A wide grin spread across his face as he grabbed Zeke by the back of his neck and lifted him from the ground. Rick made a grab for Zeke, but was sent to the ground with a back hand from Loki. "That was more satisfying than you can imagine," Loki said with an arrogant smirk.

With a motion of his left hand a thick, gilded gold lance appeared in his hands. Rick's eyes widened panic beginning to take over.

What are you waiting for? Summon it now.

~Summon what!?~

Mjonir, you ignornant fool.

~What? How?~

Only you know.

Rick looked around searching his mind for how to summon Mjonir, whatever that was. A slight tingle along the edges of his mind caught his attention. He reached out for it and realized the tingle grew stronger when he focused on it. Biting his tongue with effort he said a silent prayer this would work and concentrated with all his might.

The loud shrieking of metal filled the warehouse. Boom, boom boom, was the sound that reverberated through the room. A final boom preceeded the ear splitting shriek of metal.

"What?" Loki turned in time to see a hammer the size of a man's torso burst through a steel container. The hammer slammed into Loki causing him to drop Zeke as he went flying across the warehouse through several stone pillars and into the main lobby of the building.

The hammer flew into Rick's hand; his fingers instinctively closed around the smooth leather wrapped handle. A feeling of brotherhood flowed through him and he stared at the hammer in awe.

"Zeke! Come on we've got to get the others and get out of here," Rick said lifting Zeke's arm over his shoulders. "I feel tired all of a sudden and I don't think Loki will stay down for long."

Last edited:

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife took a long and hard time to transform. His body was enveloped in cacooned hardoned wings as the same yellow lihgt brightened the area. At last, there was a strange creaking sound as the wings bursted free, thousands of feathers scattering around the ground. Strife emerged with his eyes, one dark, one light, as a strange beak like mask appeared on his face. His hair was shaped a strange way, and two enmorous white wings were placed behind him. He looked up as he examined the area as everything seemed 1000 times clearer than before.

"What.."

Gunshots flied towards him as he watched as the bullets were fired. Suddenly, everything turned slow. The bullets looked as if they were moving at about 5 miles per hour, as he watched them intentinally. Strife's eyes started to glow as his focus on the flying pieces of metal started to increase. There was a huge flash. As they reached him, a huge green forcefield rose from Strife's body, breaking down the bullets onto the ground.

GeneralChaos

Are you ever going to wake up? Your friends are fighting for their lives while you lie sleeping on the floor! Get up already!

You still haven't answered my question. The... whoever it was inside his head seemed to sigh.

How about this. If you wake up right now, I'll answer your stupid question. Deal? Now it was his turn to sigh. He was making deals with a voice, a very demanding voice, that had suddenly appeared in his head... bring on the straight-jackets.

Fine, fine.

Good. Now, get up.

Ryan's eyes fluttered open and a groan escaped his lips as it always seemed to when something disturbed his sleep. He was on the ground, but this was not where he had fallen over... where the hell was he now? Letting out a louder groan at the pain in his leg began to surface once again, or what he had expected to surface.
Funnily enough, it seemed itchier than painful now. It felt like a rusty nail was constantly scraping against his leg. It annoyed him greatly, and he had only just woken up.

He pushed himself to his feet easily. He felt full of energy, as if he had gone back in time. Back to when he was just a kid. However, he had no idea what to use this 'energy' on. It seemed that the guards that had managed to surround the gang had already been disposed of... the place looked trashed, with pillars destroyed and bullet holes in the walls. Hell, there was even a big, gaping hole in a steel container. "What the bloody hell... where'd ye get the sledgehammer, Rick? Where's mine?"

They were probably already regretting the fact that they had carried him here. It was plainly no time for jokes. Lucky for him, then, that he was being serious. He felt the need for... some kind of weapon in his hands.
It was plain this feeling was not his. Sure, he never particularly enjoyed getting his hands dirty, but a fist braw was certainly much more enjoyable than a battle with weapons. Besides, wounds from a fist were more likely to heal easily than a pipe to the face.

As if responding to his want for a weapon, he felt a... resonating in his brain. He centered his attention on this... feeling, which only made it resonate further. There was also a presence in his mind. He could not be entirely sure, but the presence seemed to be pleased about what he was doing. What was he doing?

You shall discover that for yourself, soon enough...

So, the voice of what claimed to be a God not only attacked his dreams, but harassed him while awake, too. That was more than a bit rude.
Something fastened itself to his hand, which made him drop it again in surprise. Then something else fastened itself to his back and wrapped a cord around his chest. However, it was only surprise. No shock and alarm, which was what he usually felt if suddenly grabbed by surprise. It was almost like he... knew this would happen.
"Aww..." Ryan moaned. Rick get's a big, class-looking hammer and he get's a bloody bow and arrow. Hardly fair.
It is better than nothing. The God in his head; sounded funny, thinking of it like that, sounded angry. He probably thought of this bow as something special...
"Whatever." Ryan said aloud to himself. If a man was far away from him, a hammer wouldn't save him. The God seemed to nod in agreement... what was its name again..? Apollo or something. He had heard it quite recently in History class, but Greek had never really interested him. Besides, once he found out about many Greeks... sexual preferences, it had scared him away from them. Apollo seemed amused at such a thought. It was more than a bit uncomfortable having someone invades your thoughts in such a way, but there was nothing he could do about it now. Now? There was nothing he could do about it.
In fact, he surprised himself at how quickly he adapted to the situation. Then again, he did have a lengthily conversation with the God while he was out cold. Seemed like a nice enough chap. A bit bossy though.
Pretending as if he had never said a word, Ryan turned to look at Rick while slinging his unused bow over his shoulder. "What'd I miss?"

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
OOC: YAY! People who know as much about mythology as I do! It's a miracle! My deprivation is over! XD

Fay was stunned at the feelings that were flooding her; they felt as though they belonged to another. Since when would she have ever even considered walking out into a line of fire, laughing confidently?

Because I'm here.

I know I've already asked, but ... why me?

I needed someone with courage, will, and grace. I found you.

Fay shook her head. I don't have any of those traits.

Yes you do, Fay. They came from love of your friends. That unbreakable bond is the wellspring from which all virtues arise. That is why you and the others have been chosen.

Feeling as though her head belonged to someone else, Fay turned to look at the battle. As her eyes set on on the scene before her, she felt a burning fury burst into flame within her, a loathing like she had never before experienced.

"Loki." the word sprang to her lips unexpected. She knew who Loki was, of course; God of destruction, the trickster, exiled from the other Gods, punished by having to endure a snake's poision dripping steadily onto his upturned face by Odin All-father. Yes, she had read about, but recognizing him was something different all together.

This is insane. You're Nyx?

Yes

You were the mother of the Erinyes, weren't you?

Along with many other minor gods and goddesses.

Nemisis, Hypnos, Eris, the Fates, and more. Geez, I'm still a virgin....

I won't hold it against you.

Thanks. If I remember aright ... even Zeus feared your wrath.

Just as those who cross you will fear yours. Ours, now.

Yes. Fay joined Rick, Ryan, and Zeke, her eyes bright with a luminescence that was not her own.

"Are we leaving? Good, I think we've got a lot to talk about," even now, she could still be wry. "I can provide us with a safer escape." Inside her, a chanting had begun, an ancient incantation that she could only understand a few words from, though she had been taking Latin for years. Yet still, her voice joined with Nyx's in a chiming melody. She held out her hand and swept it over the forms of her friends; instantly, they became clouded with darkness, wrapped in a night so intense that no mortal eye could pierce it. Only they, the reincarnations of gods and goddesses, could see.

"Let's go."

Malum Incantum

~Rule number One kid: Don't overuse power you just discovered. Makes for one hell of a hangover...~

Yeah, I get the idea...

Suddenly, he stood up, away from Rick as he looked at the one called Fay and smiled. "Let's get the hell outta here now!"

GeneralChaos

Ryan opened his mouth to speak, then shut it. Then opened it again, and shut it again. It wasn't nice to be ignored, but he couldn't think of any nasty words to say. He usually had truck-loads of insults tucked up his sleeve. Why was he..?

I thought you said you wouldn't mess with my personality! Not even a God had the right to control his mind. Especially when that God was relying on him.

Believe me, you may have enjoyed taunting your friends, but maybe you would want to be a bit more careful when your friends have godly powers? Mabye he should... but then again, he wouldn't be Ryan O'Neill if he didn't have a smart-ass comment to share with the world or a hot babe to chase. He would have to say something!

"Did you ever find that backpack, Rick?" Hardly a taunt, but it would do to spark a conversation.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
"That's hardly relevant right now, don't you think Ryan?" Fay responded, "or have you not noticed the god currently occupying your body?" she grinned teasingly, feeling Nyx take over. "Or should I say Apollo? Have you come back to see if the mortals still have fair maidens among them?" surprised, she shook her head. "Who else thinks this is insane? Raise your hand."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rick ignored Ryan's comment, though his fists did clench until his knuckles turned ghostly white. "This way," he said over his shoulder. "We'll head for the library. We can't go home until we figure this out and it's the safest place I can think of for now."

He walked on in silence not wanting to talk just yet. Ryan's comment asinine as it was had struck a nerve. This was all his mistake, no one could argue that. He left the back pack, he convinced the others to go get it, he led them into the building, and worst of all he nearly got them all killed.

To each fault we bear reasponsibility, but do not over burden yourself. You are young and mistakes will be made. Even by the new Lord of Thunder.

"This wasn't one mistake, it was a grade a cluster . I'm not a leader, all I want to do is keep them alive and out of troule."

Ah, but in the end what is a leader but a someone he protects his people and is responsible for them?

Rick was silent at this not really having an answer to this question. "What's with the others? They're talking to themselves an awful lot."

Their spirits have not merged yet. The personalities of the old gods still spark within them. Though they are influenced by the personalities of their current hosts. They will speak to themselves for quite some time, but it will become less and less. It is their way of accessing the gods knowledge and memories. In time they will fully meld and their mind will no longer be fractured.

Malum Incantum

He blinked. "Amun Ra. The combined spirit, Father God of the Egyptian Gods. " He looked down for a moment. "Wow, that didn't sound like me..." He looked up for a moment as he heard something within; it was the voice of Ra, but it seemed smaller now.

~ I grow too weary... I shall combine with you now. You shall gain all my knowledge, and other things like that. I will always be here within you, don't worry... you will be me, remember that if you ever need to think of anything~

Uh... okay.

Suddenly he winced as he felt Amun fully meld within his soul and he grabbed a door before he stood solid agian. "Okay...woah...this feels funny..." He shook it off, quickly getting used to the feeling as he walked with Rick. "So you are the re-embodiment of Thor? Cool."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Loki lifted several tons of concrete, mortar, tile, and more from his body. Rising tall he surveyed the wreckage around him. "This is getting to be more irritating by the minute. This damage will need to be repaired before the morning, or we risk ruinning our plans," he said as several black suited men exited the lobby elevators. One of them was thin framed with glasses, he stepped forward with a digital planner and made a note. "I'll have repair teams work through the night."

"Good, I don't want anyone outside our group to know about tonight," Loki said stepping through the holes he created. The small man with the planner had to move fast to keep up with the trickster god's long strides. Loki passed through several damaged walls before coming to a stop in the warehouse. Thor...Of all that could have returned I knew in my bones that he would be among them. The willful bastard won't let go, even with our father's death he rallied the Asgard. But as I said time is on my side, my power is far greater than his at this point.

"Best not to leave loose ends hanging," Loki said to himself.

"Sir? Did you say something?" The glasses wearing man said. Loki clasped his hands behind his back and nodded. "I said, release the Fenris."

The glasses wearing man stifled a gasp, "Are you sure sir? We've only used them in extreme cases. These are merely children, why not send-"

Loki raised his hand to silence him. "They are young godlings. Do not underestimate them or you will find yourself regretting it. Dispatch four Fenris to find them."

"Yes sir."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourteen blocks away Rick sat down with a tired sigh. Every fiber of his being felt exhausted, but at the sametime he felt stronger as if he could stay awake for days without thinking of sleep. "Thor, I've heard the name before, but I don't know anything about him. This Keeper says he was a great leader among the gods. I'm no leader...He also says that Thor was a a master of Thunder and lightning, but I've got no idea how I would begin to do something like that," Rick said with a sigh.

"What I do know is that we can't go home. Not yet anyway. Look at Strife, unless he can figure out how to hide those wings he's going to stand out like a sore thumb, and we've all undergone certain physical changes that our families will notice. I'm also worried about Sotech and Loki, they'll come looking for us, and soon"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back