• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirits of the Divine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rick led the way into Sotech loading dock. A slight tingle of apprehension wound its way along his spine, but he ignored it and pressed on. The back door hadn't been hard to get through with his security card and now all they had to worry about was the night security. Rick knew for a fact they sat at the front most of the night and only walked through the buildings lower level every two hours.

"Strife don't touch anything, their sensors running through most of the equipment, same goes for you Ryan," Rick said giving both of them stern expressions. Rick pushed through two sets of double doors which lead into the loading dock supervisor's offices. Everyone froze when they walked into the brightly lit office. "This isn't right, the lights are shut off every night after the supervisor punches out. The only people that work late at people in the offices upstairs or the R & D labs," he said with a disconcerted look on his face. "We better hurry-"

The door leadig to the warehouse opened suddenly. Rick grabbed Fay and Fayeth pulling them behind two cubicle walls. He knew Ryan, Strife, and Meilin could take care of themselves, but he still risked a peak out. None of them were in sight. Moving back to safety he sat next between the two girls and breathed a quiet sigh. "It'll be ok, we'll just wait for them to clear out then."

"Have the them loaded up in the next hour. I'm tired of waiting for these twits to finish the job. Bring the rest of the containers down from Reasearch and have them loaded now."

Rick's eyes widened when he heard that voice. It was Mr. Ikol speaking. What the hell was he doing here this time night!? It didn't matter now; Rick had to think of someway to get his pack and get the others the hell out of here. Mr. Ikol was the type of guy to press major charges, and probably bring a law suit against all of them. "You two stay close, we'll find the others and get to the staff room. There's another door there we can slip out of," he said in a hushed tone. The sound of a door opening and closing was closely followed by Mr. Ikol's faint voice. "They're back in the warehouse. Follow me," he said to Raynie and Ray.

Rick hustled out of the cubicle walking at a half crouch. His eyes darted around looking for Ryan, Meilin, Strife, and the others.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin rolled her eyes. She crouched by the doorway as Rick and the other girls approached. "Rick." she wispered. "I think you're boss is doing something just a wee bit illegal, ne?" she asked, casting sidlong glances at what looked to be a rather shady loading. She started fiddling with her ring again.

GeneralChaos

OOC: Stupid weekends... oh well, at least you were kind enough to take control of me. Cheers.

IC: Humph, your not the boss of me... Ryan muttered to himself. To be honest, he didn't really care about why he was here. He had just wanted to spend some time relaxing with his friends... regardless of why he had been fired, Ryan felt that he was having a much worse day than Rick. He had finally managed to get... Michelle out of his house and had managed to grab some decent clothes to wear as well. However, his day had all turned pear-shaped once his mother had to go to the hospital again.
It seemed that she had had an allergic reaction to butter this time around. That was her condition, and the doctors couldn't figure out what caused it. She constantly changed her reactions to foods, smells and other things. One day she would be allergic to honey, and the next Coca-Cola. Ryan wished he could find some sort of miracle cure, but so far...

Using the chance he had been given, Ryan slipped off on his own. He felt like a bit of exploring. After all, how often would he ever be in here? There was a tinge of excitement in all this sneaking around, but for the most part the fear he felt in case his mother... how would he cope? Probably not at all. He needed her to live. She would live.
"Ow, son of a..." He had too much on his mind. He needed to sit down somewhere, anywhere, before he walked into another wall.
He had a quick look around him, eyes darting here and there and everywhere. He was afraid of sitting on any one of the chairs, due to Rick's warning, so instead sat on the ground with a thud.

"Hey, who're you!?" Ryan's head whipped around faster than a heartbeat. Standing there, right in front of him, was the most pathetic security guard he had ever seen. He had expected the guys guarding this place to be brawny half-wits, but it seemed they also hired scrawny nobodies to watch the place too.
Wait... nah, it wasn't a security guard. The white lab coat, which he had ignored for seemingly no reason, gave that away. However, security guard or no, he would have to deal with him before he made any more noise. Besides, he had no intention of letting some whiny nerd ruin his day any further.
Picking himself up as quickly as he could, Ryan dashed at the man, hoping to surprise him in some way. It worked. He clearly didn't expect Ryan to react in such a violent manner. Oh well, to late to stop now.
Digging his fist deep into his abdomen, the man buckled forward. Then, before he could even think of recovering, Ryan gave the man a swift knee to the face. The spectacles that Ryan had not noticed smashed off his knee and seemingly left traces of blood. Ryan knew he didn't hit his face hard enough to smash it open, which meant...

It took a moment for the pain to set it. It had seemed that a fragment of the glasses had lodged itself into his kneecap and hurt like hell. Something warm trickled down his leg and he couldn't move his foot. Worse yet, he hadn't knocked out the scrawny nobody. Why must the cockroach be so difficult to squash?
The nerdy man screamed like a stuck pig. Apparently, a piece of glass had lodged itself into his eye (so some of the blood was his!), making his eyesight just that much worse. It was as good a reason as any for screaming out, but Ryan had a feeling this nerd intended to have the man who did this to him caught instead of receiving medical help. To be honest, he would have done the same. Maybe. Depending on where he had been cut.
"Someone, help! Were being bu- ugh!" Ryan could at least still move his hands. However, that didn't matter. He heard voices above him and behind him. Without a doubt, he had completely screwed things up and there wasn't a thing he could do about it.

OOC: If you had a story planned out, i'll change this.

Malum Incantum

"My god Ryan... such savagery."

Zeke shook his head as he watched him deal with the lab man and then the shit starting to collapse around them. He shook his head once more as he smiled a bit and then looked down to his pockets.

"Well, I can buy us a few moments..." With that, he pulled out a couple of smoke grenades that he had taken from the basement of his manor. His grandfather had been at one time a general and brought home boxes of souvenirs...including weapons.

He tossed one, and then another, as he flipped his cellphone open, a Kodama Ver. 7, newest and best phone on the market, and radioed Rick.

"Rick, we have a problem, in case you didn't hear the blood curdling screams. " He was walking with a slight hurried pace towards the exit.

GeneralChaos

"Aw, come on! It isn't like I killed the guy!" Ryan glared down at the body of the hapless dweeb. Maybe he had gone too far... he shouldn't have let hi anger get the better of him, but he had to do something...
"Hmm..." Ryan thought for a moment. He had been eyeing the mans pocket more often than his face. Oh well, I’ve already gone this far... was the only thing he could think of to justify what he was about to do.
Crouching down next to the man, so easy thing to do due to the wound, Ryan reached into his pockets and fumbled around the things in there.
There were keys... scraps of paper... what felt like a Mars bar... Bingo.

Ryan pulled the wallet out of the mans pocket. He would have a flick through it later, figuring that Rick probably knew the guy. He also eyed the mans name tag. Roger Clifton. "Cool name..." Ryan smirked to himself, and then attempted to limp his way to the exit.
"Hey, uh... Zeke. Little help here?" Luckily, he had been to busy using his newest phone to bother noticing Ryan's little attempt at thievery. Hopefully, the nerdy guy hadn't had a good look at him.
Giving one last glance to the guy who had made his perfect day complete, Ryan stared harder at the guy.
"What the hell is a lab guy doing here anyway?" Ryan asked the question to what seemed to be thin air, but not receiving an answer immediately would not mean he would give up. This wallet he had taken... could there be something in it? Bah, it didn't matter right now. He had to get out.
"Zeke! Lil' help!"

Malum Incantum

"I'm coming! Hold your horses you impatient little whelp. You got us into this after all.." He went over and helped him, hauling him along as he muttered out the side of his mouth. "This is almost embarassing to a sense... why did you have to hit the guy... and mortally wound him?!" he muttered something else as they dragged along.

Then again, what he did was probably justified...at least, to an extent. However, stealing from the guy wasn't justified. He would pretend he had not noticed though, and just scold him about it later. Right now was not the time nor the place...

Pthew

"Holy shit!!" He looked up to see a guy in black carring a dart gun. "They are trying to tranq us!!"

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Fay had her side pressed against an enormous crate, standing on the tips of her feet, ready to sprint if needed. Her eyes flickered back and forth, adjusting in the dim light. From several feet away, she heard Zeke's stunned cry.

Tranquilizers? What company carries around dart guns?! she thought incredulously.

Fay looked wildly around her, searching for some sort of weapon, anything she could use. Her eyes settled on something coiled carelessly on the ground, gleaming silver ... a thick, heavy chain. She bent down and picked it up, unraveling it slightly. Quietly, she made her way to the armed guard, who was raising the stock of his gun back up to his cheek, ready to fire at Ryan and Zeke. Using all the strength she had, she swung the chain in the direction of his head. Her aim was true, and the links whipped through the air and struck him on the temple. He dropped to the ground, gun clattering out of his hands. Fay immediately dropped the chain and picked up the gun, ducking back behind a crate.

"What the hell is happening here?" she said to her friends. "This may just be my paranoia talking, but I think there is some serious shit going on." experimentally, she lifted the gun up to the crook in her shoulder, nocking her head to one side to take aim through the post. Thank God her father had taught her marksmanship. At least she wouldn't be helpless here.

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
(( So sorry for missing so much >< I'll um... Jump in. ))

Fayeth widened her eyes as she saw the tranquilizer gun the figure was carrying with him. 'What is going on?!', she was thinking the same thing Fay was, wondering why in the wlord a company like this would be carrying around those things. "To stop intruders like us...", she whispered to herself. "You're not the only one who is thinking the same thing, Fay. We should really get out of here... Now.".

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife stayed crouched on the ground, his two hands balancing his weight, while he himself glared at the figure. He crouched lower as he spotted the tranquilizing gun come towards them. Wtf.. As he watched Fay strangle the man, he took out a small flashlight from his jacket. He smiled in delight.

"What..leave?? Nah..this is about to get fun.."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Within the warhouse Mr. Ikol's head snapped up along with the heads of everyone else in the room. Everyone heard the shouts coming from within the dock offices. "Get in there and find out what's going on," Mr. Ikol said with an irritated tone. "The rest of you hurry up and finish loading that equipment."
Four guards pulled out air tasers and ran into the office area. Mr. Ikol turned back watching quietly as men began loading heavy steel crates.

Rick frowned deeply pulling Ryan around to face him. Without a second throught Rick delivered a brain jarring punch to Ryan's jaw. The blow would have sent him back if Rick had not grabbed onto his shirt front. "You stupid son of a bitch! I told you not to do anything stupid, and you decide to bring security down on us?"

Though Rick spoke in a whisper his voice was filled with fury. "You might be able to take care of yourself, but what about the girls? What if they have something more dangerous than tranqs?"

Always putting his friends first Rick grabbed Zeke and pushed the two boys into a closed hallway. "Girls follow those two to the end of the hall, take the last door on the right and find the door that says 'Dock Staff,' wait there for me and Strife. We'll stay behind and use my security pass to lock the door in this hall. Hopefully that'll confuse them enough to get us the time to get the hell out," Rick pulled out his key card and locked the door leading out into the offices. "Hurry up! Go!"

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife nodded enthusiastically at Rick's orders. As he gave his instructions, Strife turned towards the door that they would lock. He glanced at the door and then back to Rick. As he finished his directing orders, Strife watched as he shoved Zeke and Ryan away. As soon as they were gone, Strife turned back to Rick.

"So let's start this thing then.."

He smiled exitingly as he waited for Rick's response. He normally wouldn't be THAT interesting in these kinds of things..but it's just that his life until now..always wanted something MORE special to happen..something very very THRILLING..

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rick pushed his key card into Strife's hand. "Start on the right side and lock all the doors, then take the left. I'm going to try and barricade this one. Make sure you leave the last door on the right open so we can follow the others," Rick ran into one of the nearby doors of the left and started pulling out boxes of printer paper. "This'll work well enough," he muttered to himself as he began piling the heavy boxes against the door like bricks.

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife nodded and followed Rick's instructions. He stumbled, one door after another, zipping the card through the door locks, waiting until the door made a weird red beeping sound until he continued on. He came near the last door and skipped one, as Rick instructed. He started to seal the ones on the left, as one bo one, the door locks turned from green to red. He smiled in exitement as the doors were getting locked. He finally finished as he stared at the key card which was held tightly in his hand. He nodded in satisfactory and rushed over to Rick.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rick nodded to Strife satsfied with the wall of heavy boxes he'd constructed in front of the door. "Good job," he said with a smile. "Let's go find the others and get the hell out of here."

He ran throug the last open door and headed for the staff room looking for his friends.

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife trailed behind Rick, stumbling over his own shoe laces. He looked back at the door one more time. He followed Rick as he started to call for them.

"Hey..yo..is..anyone there.."

GeneralChaos

Ryan did what he was told, but grudgingly. His lip was bleeding where one of his teeth had it into it and the glasses shard was still lodged into his kneecap. He would have to pay a visit to the hospital after all this blew over... if it blew over. Who knew how long and how much trouble he would be in if anyone outside the group found out he had been down here? He would be sued... probably even locked up! He had heard what happens to guys his age at prison!

"I will not go to prison over this!" Ryan yelled out whilst staggering down the corridor. That shove he had received from Rick certainly didn't help his leg any. For that alone, he should have punched him right in the face for that. However, he couldn't turn back now. Rick had won this time, but he would pay for this insult...

First things first. Suddenly pausing, Ryan reached down to his leg in order to pull the shard of glass out. Even touching the shard struck a nerve, but he would refuse to run around with something stuck to his leg. Besides, it had ruined his favorite pair of jeans. That was unforgivable.
Yanking it out quickly to prevent the pain getting in the way, a quick rush of blood spewed out of the gaping wound. The glass had gone deep. It may have even cut open an Artery. He would have to bandage it up somehow...

Seeing nothing nearby o bandage it with, Ryan sighed with displeasure before tearing off the left sleeve of his silk shirt. It made quite a rip... no. He shouldn't be caring about his clothes when he may die right here and now, but even then... at least he would be looking fabulous even in death.
Trying to hide the pain he felt, Ryan quickly tied the sleeve in a knot around his kneecap. Blood still seeped through, so he continued to tighten it until blood no longer dripped from the wound. "Could this day possibly get any..?" Ryan stopped right there. He would not allow himself to continue that line. It could always get worse. Then again, it can always get better.
"Uh... Zeke? I need a bit of help again..." He was feeling groogy... probably due to the blood loss and all the exitement. He needed a nap...
THUD!

Malum Incantum

"Oh my God...does my day have to get worse...tell me.." He shook his head as he looked up to the ceiling before he reached into a room and pulled out a trolley. He loaded Ryan up on it as he started moving down the hallway with it, looking at the girls behind him. "Follow me, everyone keep close! We don't need to lose anyone on this thing!" He turned down a hall and kept going until he got to Dock Staff and went in and closed the door once they were all in there.

He turned to see a security guard standing there with his pants down, and apparently a naughty video on the small t.v.....

"I hate Destiny." Suddenly, he was in front of the man, before he could react, and sent two fingers up to the Eterpral Nerve center located under the left side of the jaw, and the guy went down hard, unconscious.

"He will be that way long enough...now, Rick, Strife, where are you.."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
"Right here," Rick said pushing his way into the room. Glancing around at the others to make sure they were all there his eyes froze when they fell upon Ryan. "What the hell happened to him!?"

Rick shook his head stooping over to lift Ryan onto his shoulder. "Never mind, we need to move fast. Follow me-"

Rick spun around suddenly almost dropping Ryan in his surprise. The sounds of guns being fired told him this was beyond his worst expectations. They must be shooting through the door I blocked. "Come one we've got to run," he said as calmly as he could. It didn't make much difference he could hear the excitement in his voice and the worry. Slamming through the double doors at the other end of the Staff room he entered the main warehouse. The portion he was leading the others in was partially obscured by crates and other containers stacked two stories high. Rick put his hand to his lips to signal quiet and motioned for the others to come forward. Squinting to see in the partial darkness he sighed with relief when he saw the security door that led to their freedom. It seemed surreal that; going through all this for his back pack. In his heart he blamed himself for what happened to Ryan and what could happen to the others. If he hadn't talked them into coming they would be eatting dinner at a nice restaruant and saying good bye to Meilin.

He looked up at the door a few feet away; maybe they would get out of here in time to get that dinner. This whole fiasco would be like a bad dream once they were out, and like all bad dreams it would fade. Atleast Rick was hoping that was the case as he reached the door.

BANG

The gunshot reverberated throughout the warehouse giving one the impression of a thousand gun shots. As Rick fell to his knees dropping Ryan beside him, he was struck by the thought that he couldn't feel anything. Gun shot's had always seemed so painful on T.V, but Rick could feel nothing except a cold numbness.

A shadow appeared over him and a strange voice touched his ears. "I do hate persistence, especially in my employees," said the strange voice. "This is the second time today I've had to terminate you, young man."

All the muscles Rick could still feel tensed suddenly. It was Mr. Ikol speaking to him in his contemptous voice. "This time I think you'll find a bit more finality to it."

Deep blackness came over Rick's eyes like a thick smothering blanket. I let them down...I can't die like this, my friends are going to die because of me...I..I'm sorry.

You are persistent. If you can muster the will to live, I can give you the strenght.

Rick didn't know where the voice came from, why he could only hear it in his head, or even what it was saying anymore. But he didn't care about any of that, all he cared about was holding on.

Yes, that's it. You'll do very well, young one.

A great flash of light filled the room freezing time itself. "Huuuhhh!" Rick's body convulsed as new life flowed into it, but it was more than that. Muscles tightened and became a hundreds times more dense, bones hardened and energy filled every ounce of his soul. A heart beat could once again be felt in his chest and sight began to return to him.

Startled by this sudden change he lay there for several seconds not knowing what to do.

Can you do nothing but lye there like a dead leaf? I hope the right choice was made. It choose you, and I've never known them to make mistakes when choosing a soul, but there is a first for everything.

"Who are you?"

I'm the Keeper of the Spirits.

"What's happening to me?"

You are becoming a god. Perhaps the most courageous among them in fact. I had not expected Thor to ever be reincarnated, but I suppose it is fitting.

"I don't understand."

You will, when you're ready.

"My friends! Where are they?"

They have been chosen. You love them dearly, I can feel it. The right choice was made I see.

"Help us."

I can not, much as it pains me. It is not within my power, but you will find that you can help yourselves now. Lead them well and remember to take care of each other. I've spoken to your friends, they are all sharing an experience much like this one. Remember that you will need time to grow into your former strengths. Good bye.

The bright light flashed again before Rick could say anything. Time jumped into motion again and Rick found himself standing in the warehouse.

Last edited:

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife continued to run outside the warehouse while thousands of gunshots were being heard, echoeing behind them. Then, there was ONE shot..which seemed to stand out more than the others. It was both louder, sharper, bolder, and closer to them. He turned around as he saw Rick drop to the ground.

"Rick!!"

He started to sprint towards him, but suddenly stopped as Rick stood up once more. Strife stood there, aghast that he would just simply stand up, steadily. What was up with that green light? He covered his eyes with his arm as the light flashed again. He started to run again, towards Rick. What the hell is going on here.. Strife twitched his head a bit as a small voice was whispered into his ear.

"Who was that wtf?!!!"

He listened more closely as he closed his eyes. He heard many strange noises, ones that he didn't usually hear. He opened his eyes as he suddenly had this weird gazy like vision. Able to see through walls, trees, look at the most detailed portions of the moon, he blinked twice as his vision turned back to normal. Shivering, Strife covered his arms as he puffed and puffed air out of his mouth. The voice whispered into his ear again. He had heard everything, the keeper of spirits..At first, the story was nonsense to him, but sooner and sooner, it started to make more and more sense, as his body started to glow yellow. There was a giant flash which came from Strife's back. It felt like something had just rushed out. There was a brief moment of pain, but it suddenly stopped. Strife looked at his hands in the luminous light his body had created.

"Wow..what's going on here.."

Last edited:

Malum Incantum

"Oh my God... oh come on, think dammit think!" Zeke smacked himself in the forehead as he hid behind a crate. Rick just got shot and Strife was going crazy. The both of them were acting crazy now, and the others looked the same way just about. It was tension and nerves... and shock...

He was almost at tears...he was always the most resourceful, and yet, now nothing was coming to him... Damn you Zeke! You have failed!

No... no I have not failed! I will not give up! Not now! Not ever!

He screamed out as suddenly he grabbed his head in pain, it was as if something had just came over him. He felt this odd sense of power around him, and absorbing into him. It was as if it was trying to stuff all this knowledge into his brain, and it was going to burst if it kept it up. "What's... what's hap-happening to me!" He fell to his knees still holding his head in pain.

~Relax. Just let it all out... your brain will not burst child... I shall guide you from now on, give you my powers...I will never let anything bad happen to you, and you will always be there to think the situation out for your friends.~

Slowly, as if conversing with someone who was not there, he agreed, simply by nodding his head. "So... I shall..."

Then there was a sound through the air, like no one had ever heard before. It struck through the eardrums of their opposition, causing the drums to burst on contact, while leaving his friends with normal hearing, as if it was an everyday sound.

It was the sound of Amun Ra, and he was angry....

Slowly Zeke came to his feet, his eyes glowing with a golden color, that at the same time, was dark blue, and brown, and purple, and black. His hair was sticking out all over the place as he looked around, his eyes just suddenly a pure blue, nothing else to them.

"I can see clearly now. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back