• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirits of the Divine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralChaos

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-

Swearing under his breath, Ryan reached a hand out from under the sheets towards the source of the noise and pressed down on the first button his hand could find. He always managed to find the snooze button; regardless of how tired he was or how many new 'unbreakable' alarm clocks his mother bought him.
Ryan pushed the sheets off him and sat up on the side of the bed. His head was spinning and his eyes stung... he felt exhausted even after his sleep. What happened last night?
"Where you goin'?" Ryan jumped clean off the bed and spun around in surprise, then began to relax again, a strange smile spreading across his face. Now he remembered!
"I'm gonna make ye some breakfast!" Ryan declared.
"Well, in that case, I’ll have some toast and a cup of tea. Thanks!" The girl, was her name Vanessa? Bah, didn't matter. The girl put on a cheery smile and rolled over again.

Ryan pushed himself off the bed and staggered a few feet away from it. He was still wearing boxers, for whatever reason, but he would still have to properly cover himself.
Not only was his house freezing, but his mother seemed to hate seeing her son wander around the house half-naked. What was wrong with it?
Pulling up a pair of jeans and crawling into a pink unbuttoned shirt, Ryan gave a quick smile to the beauty in his bed before walking out to the landing.
Since when did the stairs get so long? Meh, didn't matter. He always slid down the banister anyway. However, it did feel like a stupid thing to do, given his present circumstances...

Instead, Ryan used the banister as support to make his way done the stairs. This hangover would take a few days to wear off... a few days at least. How much had he drunk? He was sure he only took a few shots of Brandy, but after that everything became a blur...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-

Apparently, Vanessa or Rachel or whoever it was knew how to turn off an alarm clock without smashing it to bits. He would have to ask her how later. He had a breakfast to make.
Finally, he made it down! Now he just had to get to the kitchen...
"Who's the pretty lady?" How did his mother get down the stairs so fast!?
"Dunno. Forgot 'er name. Don't worry, it'll come back te' me!" Ryan hastily added the last part after seeing the look in her eyes as she turned to face him.
"You do know your way to young to be drinking..." She turned her attention back to the newspaper in her hands. Once you got down the stairs, the kitchen and the living room branched off in a sort of T-junction with the living room to the left and the kitchen to the right.
Unfortunately, the builders had the nerve, the nerve, to put the bathroom upstairs. They obviously had no intention of living here whatsoever.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Ryan didn't like to go near any subject that involved his old man. He preferred to leave questions unanswered. About him, anyway.
"Feelin' any better?" Ryan asked while walking towards the fridge.
"Ha, I should be asking you that question, the way you staggered in here, at a half-three, with that girl under your arm."
Ouch.
"Heh, I feel fine Ma." Ryan knew she was trying to avoid talking about her personal health. In that way, she was a lot like him. In other ways...
Trying to avoid any more awkward questions and evasive answers, Ryan hurriedly threw bread into the toaster and made himself and - Michelle, that was it! - a cup of tea. He had finished up in less than 5 minutes.
Wonder what the gang's up to? Ryan thought to himself with a smirk on his face. Heh, probably all off to scho-

"Oh, shit!"
"Watch your language!"
"Am late for school!"
"Oh... hahaha..."
"That's not funny!"
"Yes...it is..."

He would be getting no sympathy from her. He had to get a move on. Quick! Dashing up the stairs, Ryan bolted into his room, scaring the life out of Michelle and thrown on socks, shoes and a jacket before diving back down the stairs, swallowing his tea in a single gulp (and spitting most of it out again, much to his mothers annoyance), then bolted out the door, leaving an explanation to his mother.
Soon afterwards, Michelle wandered down the stairs too. She swivelled her head fro side to side as if shaking off a headache, then turned to go into the kitchen. Ignoring Ryan's mother, she moved for the cup of tea whilst ignoring the toast.

"Where's he off to in such a rush?" Michelle directed this question towards Ryan's Mother.
"Oh, he's off to school." She replied with a faint smile on her face.
"Wait, you mean he still goes to school!? Why didn't he tell me!?"
The smile on Ryan's Mothers face grew wider with each word spoke. It always seemed to take them by surprise.

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
A little while later, Fay stood in front of her desk, rustling things about to find her misplaced cellphone. She knew she had put it here somewhere. She knew it! She would find it....

If she hadn't been so distracted, Fay might have taken the time to glance up and see her reflection in the mirror, perhaps to smirk at it again in recognized defiance. If she had looked, she would have seen a tall, white-skinned girl staring back at her with black eyes that held flecks of dark grey in them. And she would have impatiently brushed back the sleek black hair that fell past her shoulders. Her family spent her whole life telling her that she was lovely, and Fay had spent her whole life laughing at the subject. There were more important things to think about than looks. As long as she didn't look like a ragged orphan, what should her parents care if she downplayed her looks?

Aha! There was the cellphone, brooding sulkily under a burgandy silk scarf dropped carelessly on the desk. She snatched it up and opened it, pausing now to make her decision; who to call? Phone still in hand, she strode over to the opposite side of the room, twitching back the hem of her long skirt to slip her feet into her boots.

Rick. That was who she would call.

Without even looking- she had dialed it so many times before -she punched in his number and deposited it up to the crook of her neck, pressing her ear against the ringing phone as she buttoned up her boots.

Come on, pick up Rick, I'm bored....

Last edited:

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife was strolling carefree along the sidewalk as he glanced at the fast cars that drived by. His mind was on other things right now. What he would do today. He came upon an intersection and waited his turn to cross the street. Before the light flashed ok to walk, Strife started to stumble through the street. A nearby taxi crashed its breaks as Strife came into his way. Sticking his head and arm out the window, he started to curse loudly at Strife. Strife finally realized what he was doing and waved his hands back and forth apologizing to the cab driver. The driver continued to curse relentlessly at Strife. He shrugged and jumped away.

"Aww..crap.."

He started to walk more slowly this time as he began to pay more attention to the walk.

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
Fayeth ended up in throwing the cookies away, salvaging two of them at least. 'Last time i doze off like that.', in fact, she always did that... Practically every morning, she would burn her breakfast cookies and yet do the same thing the next day. She quickly got ready to leave after she had cleaned up the kitchen, putting on her usual attire of pink and white, tying her head into the loose ponytail. "There we go... Maybe i should change my colors sometime.", Fayeth said to herself, viewing her appearing in the full size mirror she had in her room.

She actually didn't love pink or hated it, somehow she was just used to wearing the color, though never figuring out why. "Faye faye! You're going to be late!".

Fayeth heard her mother's voice calling out to her from the living room, calling her by one of her nickname's. "Coming!", she shouted back in her cheerful tone as always, one would think she was a goody two-shoes, and she truly hated that. Fayeth knew some... Alot of people knew her as being that, all she was was nice and polite, what's so wrong with that? She ran out her room, grabbing her small backpack full of books, paper, and some pencils and pens. Kissing her mother on the cheek and saying her goodbye's, she bolted out of the apartment and down the stairs, being careful as to not trip on them.

Fayeth now stepped out of the apartment building, it was the best and it wasn't the worst, to simply put it, it was just fine. 'Oh, i hope they haven't left.', she thought to herself worriedly, grabbing her cellphone from her pocket and pressing it on, the phone emitting a small sound as she did so. She was heading towards the local library, taking some days to storytell to some of the kids that would go there.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Twelve steel crates had been loaded in less then twenty minutes; twice the amount Rick and the other dock workers had managed in the last two hours. All because of a rather intimatidating man in a silver business suit named Mr. Ikol.

Rick was amazed by how a man in a power suit with a brief case so easily intimadated others, or maybe it was the fact that since coming into the companies employ Mr. Ikol had replaced or fired half the janitorial staff and most of the office assisstants. From what the other works said Mr. Ikol was a big time corporate hot shot from the West Coast; he was good at helping companies trim excess jobs and cut wages.

Major tingles ran down Rick's spine whenever he had to cross paths with the guy. Arnold, Rick's supervisor, had said that Ikol rarily came down and he probably wouldn't see him againg after today. Rick was thankful for that, Ikol had a way of looking-

WheeeWeeooo!WheeeWeooo!

The whistle of Rick's cell phone made him jump. He fumbled through his pockets trying to find it while cringing as Mr. Ikol and the two men accompanying him glared. Rick smiled nervously and attempted to move into the break room.

"Mr. Egret, bring that to me if you please," came Ikol's voice from across the warehouse floor. With a defeated sigh Rick turned around and started towards Mr. Ikol. Every step felt like he was walking closer to his own personal hell. Rick stopped a foot away from Mr. Ikol who reached out and plucked the phone from Rick's grasp.

"Well, I hope that," Mr. Ikol flipped Rick's phone open and glanced at the caller ID display. "I hope that Fay was calling for something truly important, Mr. Egret." Ikol's voice was filled with sly contempt and fake cheerfulness. "Because she just cost you a job, Mr. Egret."

Rick's looked up staring Mr. Ikol straight in the eye. "It was an accident, sir. I forgot to turn it off this morning. I was in a hurry, and my friend is probaby wondering about-"

Mr. Ikol's raised hand cut Rick off mid-sentence. A sly smile crept across Ikol's face as he spoke. "I'm sure the details of your young adult life are very compelling, but I would rather not lose ten minutes of my life hearing it. Return your key pass at the security room and get out of the building."

Rick stood still as stone for several second his eyes burning into Mr. Ikol's as if a battle of wills waged on between them. Mr. Ikol gave in first losing his patience. "Get out now before I have you thrown out," he said in a threatening tone.

Rick snatched his cell phone back and threw his security pass at Mr. Ikol's feet. "Insurance plan sucked anyway."

He emerged from the building a few minutes later fuming with anger. Flipping his phone open he quickly dialed Fay's cell. As the phone started to ring he looked down at his watch.

"12:15...I didn't even get through the first six hours of work," he said in disgust.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin yawned as she moved around the room, packing everything that wasn't going to be needed in the next few days. Her time in the US had been nice, but she couldn't wait to get home. I wonder if oracle Koji's doing better....

She walked out of her foster house late, and swung her pack over her shoulder. She pulled out her Cell as she got to the subway entrance and dialed Rick's number. He better actually ANSWER this time if we're all going to get together before I leave....

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rick quickly slapped his phone shut. "GOD DAMNIT!" Several passerbyers looked at him in surprise. He ignored the stares and kept walking. Fay's book was in his back pack and his back pack was in a locker at Sotech. A moan of excaped his lips as he walked through downtown. He couldn't risk calling Fay, she'd kill him for loosing her book, and he didn't have the money to buy a new copy. "She's never going to let me live this down," Rick said to himself.

His cell phone vibrated in his pocket causing him to cringe. It was probably Fay returning his phone call. "Rick here," he said. "Oh hey, Meilin! I'm glad it's you. Are we still on for tonight?"

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife continoued to walk along side the road until he reached a nearby subway enterance. He entered the subway area as the enviroment started to get stuffier and dirtier. There were small pieces of rust along side the bars and graffiti along the walls. He continued to walk as he looked around the room, like he was searching for someone. He finally spotted his destination and started to run towards a girl holding a cellphone in her hand with a pack behind back.

"Meilin!"

He stopped in front of her and panted a bit.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin smiled. "Hey Strife. Yeah, Rick. We're still on. You know where to meet?" she asked, giggling at teh memory of the last time they got together, where Rick got hopelessly lost in New York City.

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
Fayeth slowed down her running speed, slowly going to a power walk as she stared up, the look on her face displayed she was in thought. 'I need to call the others. Not sure where exactly we're going to meet tonight.', she thought to herself, raising her right hand in front of her face, looking directly at her cellphone. She easly flipped it open and started pressing a couple of numbers. Fayeth was crossing the cross at the moment, not looking to which buttons she was pressing since she knew them by memory already. 'I'll call Strife then, he should know... I hope so.', she raised the phone to her ear just in time to hear it ringing.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
ooc: I'm going to jump us ahead now. It'll be night time, so just meet at the place I post.

IC: Rick stepped through the doors of the burned out library. The place always had such a haunted feeling to it, and most people in general avoided it because of the safety hazard. But the gang had found an opening into the library's basement that was hidden by some fallen shelves. It was the perfect place to get away for a while. He cautiously picked his way through rows of charred shelves and ashes of books looking for the specific shelf.

"Ah," he said in mild pleasure when he found it. Pushing the shelf aside he slipped into the basement and climbed down a steep set of stairs. Running his hand over the wall his fingers passed over a light switch. Two small light clicked on revealing the rooms contents. There wasn't anything really special, a few bean bags, two large cushy chairs Zeke had paid for, and some odds and ends the others had brought in over time. "Looks like I'm the first one here," he said to him as he took a seat.

ooc: finish when i get back

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
Fayeth gripped tightly onto her jacket, feeling the cold of the night as she made her way towards her destination. Soon enough she made it to the library, standing in front of it for a while. "Hope this is the right place.", Fayeth whispered to herself, looking from left to right to see if she could spot any of the others. 'Not here yet i guess. Might as well go in... Im going to freeze out here.', she walked up to the entrance doors and pushed one of them open and stepping in with a quick intake of breath. "Much better... Hello?", she called out, taking off her jacket now carrying it on her right arm.

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife approached the library with caution and gazed upon its old scruture. There were spiderwebs all over the front enterance, yet along the windows too. He slowly creaked open the door and steadily stepped one foot inside the door. why did we have to meet here.. He sighed and quickly moved his head and body through the door. He sighed in relief when Rick and Fayeth were already there.

"Whew..uhm..so..now what.."

Last edited:

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Fay pulled the hood of her ankle-length denim jacket over her head, shivering. Her grey-flecked eyes made their way to the end of the street, where the scorched, dilapidated library stood, glaring out at the street with shattered windows that always remined her of empty eyes. Her head swivelled from side to side as she checked the street for any pedestrians with inquiring eyes. Satisfied that she was alone, she walked easily enough into the old building, making her way down to the cellar that acted as their home-away-from-home. Rick, Fayeth, and Strife had already arrived. She waved her hand in greeting and smiled.

"Hey guys," she said cheerfully, removing her hood.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin waved, shifting her backpack on her shoulder a bit. "Hey Fayeth. Fay. Strife." She smiled softly. "I'm glad you guys were all free today. I'm leaving on Wendsday." she said matter-of-factly.

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
Fayeth smiled over at Strife and Fay, but frowned at Meilin. "We're really going to miss you.", she said, her frown slowly turning to a small smile, though still holding some sadness within it. She walked over to Meilin and gave her usual friendly hugs, letting her go after a moment. "Gah, sorry about that. Ahem, let's get on with this then, shall we?", Fayeth asked, increasing her smile to it's fullest now.

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife nodded continously as everyone greeted each other. After that was done, he walked over to Meilin with his hands tucked tightly into his pockets, whil ehsi shoulders were shrugged up.

"Alright then..we will all miss ya.."

He started to nod again in agreement as he curled up his lips in an awkard direction. He clapped his hands to end the moment of silence as his strange expression turned into a large grinning smile.

"OK so let's start this thing then!!"

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
"Hi, Meilin," Rick said in a cheery voice. He didn't really want her to leave, but he knew the day would come eventually. It wasn't like the group would stay together for life, but it seemed sad to watch her go so soon. Rick's eyes refused to look at Fay for fear she would ask for her book. But he knew he'd have to tell her sometime. He shook his head and decided to bite the bullet.

"I got fired today guys," he said in a bitter tone. "Before you say anything, I know it was just my first day. It's not my fault, this ass Mr. Ikol was there giving everyone the cold stare and it just so happened that Fay called me at that moment," he said and for the first time he looked at Fay. "It's not your fault though, Fay. I don't want to put that on you; it was probably just meant to be, you know."

"The thing is," he looked away from Fay as he said this. "I left my pack in Sotech's loading dock...And Fay's book," he looked back up at Fay staring her in the eye. "Fay, I left you book in my pack, but don't be mad. I have an idea," he said hastily. "They kicked my out so fast that I forgot to leave my security pass. It's good for a few more days before they clear the system, so if you guys are willing we can head down there and get my back pack. I know this sounds illegal, but it should go fine as long as we don't mess with anything. We won't be ten minutes."

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Fay clamped her hand over her mouth in horror. "Geez! Rick! I can't believe that. I'm so stupid! I'm so sorry," she exclaimed, feeling she had to say it no matter what he said.

"I'm totally up to going. Besides the fact that it is my book- don't cringe, Rick, I'm not going to kill," she added teasingly. "It sounds like something to do."

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife was the first one out the door. He loved doing this kinds of things, not saying that he's a criminal or anything. He waved enthusiastically at the rest of the people with his pack dumped neatily behind his back.

"Come on!! If we don't hurry then we'll probably end up being caught!!"

He didnt' know what he was saying. He turned his head to Meilin and started to nod again.

"This can be PART of the celebration!!"

He didn't take this "mission" a risk of any sort. In fact, it was more like a field trip to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back