• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirits of the Divine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Do you remember the legends of old Gods? Many of us have heard the stories, the myths, and the legends. But today they're treated as the old superstitions of fearful and primitive people seeking to explain that which they could not understand.

I tell you this now the gods existed. For over a million years the ruled our universe in peace after purging the evil of the titans. It was towards the waning years of this Empire of the Gods that a great evil crept into our world. Many of the gods were caught off guard by this evil; their minds were enslaved, corrupted, or worse many of them choose to side with this great evil. A great battle was waged in the heavens and the universe was set aflame. Lords Zeus, Odin, Thor, Ra, Osiris, Vishnu, and many others did battle to save the universe. In the end the battle left both sides weakened. With the last of their powrs the forces of good sealed the great evil and themselves away for all eternity. For nearly five thousand years the gods have faded into myth.

Until today...Now in the year 2005 something unforseen has occured, the great seal has been disrupted and the dark gods threaten the universe once more. The spirits of the just gods along have been cast across the universe by evil. The spirits take refuge wherever they can, sometimes in objects, and animals, but in some rare cases the spirits find refuge in reincarnatoin. Certain people have discovered these spirits and seeks to use their powers for their own goals, all the while evils grows more powerful. Now 7 young friends have been chosen as keepers of 7 spirits. They are charged with recovering the other spirits and defeating the dark gods. Armed only with the powers of the spirits and their bond with each other they set out to become heroes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All gods and goddess can be played by a male or female. So feel free to stake a claim. Oh these are just my personal favorites, if you have another god you would prefer to play just list it in your template and I will edit. Remember only 7 people.

Seven Spirits

Thor: Played by: Morpheaus
Norse God of the Storm, he holds power of the elements themselves. Primarily lightening and thunder. His strength is incredible even for a god and his bravery is unmatched.

Apollo: Played by-
A powerful greek god. He represents the arts(particularly poetry and music), archery, and divination. In addition to his reputation as a great warrior, Apollo is also known for taking many lovers and easily becoming infatuated with attractive individuals.

Horus: Played by: Golden Chocobo
The son of Osiris and Isis, Horus is known for taking revenge on the evil god Set for the murder of his father. His eyes represent the sun and moon and are known to bring great protection upon those Horus favors. Though he is known as a great protector he is a very powerful warrior.

Inari: Played by: MeilinII was genderless technacilly.
The Japanese White Nine Tailed fox god of illusions and the rice harvest. Inari used two golden kyuubi as messangers. He was also known to possess the oracles of the temple at Mt. Kurama. He was a very benevolent god, bent only on protecting his people at the foot of Mounts Fuji and Kurama.

Nyx: Played by-
The goddess who personifies night. She is one of the first beings to emerge from the great void that came before our universe. A powerful force to be reckoned with she gave birth to many of most mysterious gods and goddesses.

Hekate: Played by-
A goddess of magic in Greek mythology. While her association with the dark mysteries of the Underworld she was greatly admired by the other gods, particularly lord Zeus. She is known for bringing great blessing for those who earn her favor; she is also known to bring great punishment to those who anger her.

Amun Ra: Played by:
Egyptian God of the Sun and chief among all the Egyptian deities. He is known for rebirth because of his journey through the underworld to return the sun to Earth each day. His power is respected and feared among the gods.

Isis: Played by-
The Goddess of Human life and protection. She was heralded and the goddess of the people and received prayers above all others. Many of the gods pay her respect for her great cunning and wisdom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:
-only three boys and three girls.
-Be literate even if I am not. lol.
-No power playing
-No god modding
-Be unique
-Romance is encouraged
-Don't join unless you are going to stick around.
-Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-You better be having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-No spamming
-pm me if you have a specific spirit of a god or goddess that you want

template!

Name:
personality:
background:
God Spirit:
Theme song:

I'll post my Character later. Don't forget this takes place in 2005

Last edited:

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Name: Strife Keggor.

God spirit: Horus

Appearance: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Golden_Chocobo/ed1_2.jpg

Personality: He's usually very good moraled, giving him a few qualities such as trustworthiness and respect. He is very independent and is often pretty gullible. He doesn't think too much before he says something and often likes to get involved in many activities. He is usually friendly to all kinds of people, if he thinks the person is worthy enough for his standards. He is usually very goofy and active all the time.

Background: Strife was borned in a small isolated hill, high and far in the city. As he grew up, Strife always longed to break free from his enclosed home, and roam into the large towns. He was home schooled until the age of 7, when his wish came true. His parents had taken in new fulltime jobs. Unable to teach Strife anymore, they sent him to an elementary school as a 1st grader. As the years went by, Strife was very interested in acient Egypt and mythology. He often stayed after school at the library, reading countless books about the mythical gods and creatures of Egypt.

At school, Strife is one of the best high jumpers in P.E. He often enjoys physical education class the most, aside from his academic courses. He often wears a large jacket, with an assorment of tighter shirts inside it. He wears oftely baggy pants, and never really exposes his ankles, unless he's in a sport that would require the use of shorts.

Theme Song: I Believe I can Fly =D

Last edited:

PhoenixGirl2104

OOC: Sorry for being lazy, I'll finish later

Name:
God spirit: Hekate
appearance:
personality:
background:
God Spirit:
Theme song:

GeneralChaos

OOC: As long as this RP doesn't reach 100 posts in a day, I should be able to keep up.

IC:
Name: Ryan O'Neill.

Appearance: Ryan tries his hardest to keep up with the latest trends. He usually sports a short brown leather jacket and a black tank top. He also wears brown threads held up by a black belt with a silver colored buckle. He almost always wears his favorite pair of brown boots.

His skin is paler than he would prefer, but he more than makes up for it with his dashing good looks and flashy jewelery. Short red hair cut to shoulder length and hazel-colored eyes, that combo alone is enough to place any woman under his spell, regardless of how old she is.

Personality: To say he loves the ladies would be an understatement. Even at his current age, he has already become a serial womanizer. Moving from beautiful woman to beautiful woman has only fed his already huge ego and has made him more arrogant, cocky and suave.

However, he has his good points. When attracted to a woman, he will do anything for her until she gives into him. He also takes great care of his sick mother through his amazing musical skill and the occasional odd job. He has tried not to get his hands dirty, but when he must, he can fight with the best of them.

Background: Born in Dublin, Ireland, Ryan had lost his father to Cancer at a young age, leaving him without any male role models This made the boy over-protective of his mother from the age of 6. He tried scaring off or threatening any man who came to their door with the intents of having his mother as their own (and did a pretty good job at it). By the age of 13 he had taken his own view of women and began chasing the ones that took his fancy.

He managed to gain a reputation of being a womanizer at his school, but that did not stop him from taking whatever woman he had an eye for, whether they had a boyfriend or not. By the age of 15 he had lost his virginity and by the age of 17 had slept with over 28 women. Regardless of how much his mother disapproves of what he does, young Ryan continues to constantly peruse until he get's what he wants. Regardless of who he hurts in the process.

God Spirit: Apollo.

Theme song: Lithium - Nirvana.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Name: Fay Everlasting
God spirit: Nyx
Appearance:
slit_my_wrists_1991

Personality: Fay is an enigma. Just when you think you know her, she'll always manage to surprise you. Her nature is conflicting; compassionate and fierce, quiet and bold, an outgoing loner. She's charasmatic, yet there is something unnerving about her at times.
Background: Fay has led a fairly normal life. She's been to a lot of places and learned more than most girls her age. She has a good relationship with her family- mother, father, little sister. She's into the arts, studying philosophy, literature, photography, and psychology.

Theme Song: 'May it Be' by Enya

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC: Sorry Darkcloud, but I can't allow you to join. Now, everyone else, you've all done great jobs with the templates. Just try to keep in mind that we'll all know each other when this rp begins.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Name: Meilin Kimura
God spirit: Inari
Appearance: Honestly, you people don't know yet? lol
meilin4.gif

meilin.jpg

Personality/Background: Hyper and slightly spoiled, Meilin is the daughter of what was once a prestigious family, leading the resistance against the emporer. They lived in a large house in the valley between Mounts Fuji and Kurama. In recent years, her family have taken to caring for the shrines atop Mount Kurama, since the number of Monks have dwindled. More recently still Meilin can be seen there at all hours, caring for the oracle who fell ill. She's been taught martial arts and the ninja arts for many years, but she's a softspoken person at heart. She acts brash twoards strangers that might injure her friends, but she's been known to take pity on anyone in need of care.

Theme song: "Say the Word" - Christy Carlson romano

Last edited:

Malum Incantum

OOC: Eh... sorry, Golden said that you wanted me here..

Name: Zeke Kuwatid

Appearance: http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c227/Incantum/dnangel56.jpg

Personality: He is very wise, and book smart. He doesn't seem to talk a whole lot, but when he does, it is usually smart... or smart-assed. He is fairly kind, enigmatic in personality and seems always a little distant, as if he is afraid to get close.

Background: Zeke has an odd lineage. He is 40% Egyptian, though it does not show. He has lived a rather rich life, but not filthy rich. His family is noble and powerful, and own Kingston Technologies, a computer company of sorts. However, Zeke prefers the quiet life, and does not flaunt his money around like most people do. He practices his hobbies and studies each day for at least six hours, after, of course, attending Medicci Academy.

God Spirit: Amun Ra

Theme song: Dancing for Rain by Rise Against

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC: Yeah, I asked him to invite you Malum. I hope that's alright with you. I thought you might enjoy this rp. Zato, we're kind of filled up on boys. Maybe next time. I'm sorry.

Name: Rick Egret
Appearance: http://www.sofos.com/adi/illustration/thco02.jpg
Clothing: Wears black motorcycle pants with a gray line running down the left leg, slightly over sized black yankess base ball jersey, Fossil blue wrist watch, and a set of rimless glasses the usually ride low on his nose.
God Spirit: Thor
Personality: Rick is a very stubborn, headstrong sort of person. Though he is intelligent he suffers from a lack of common sense and often runs head long into problems. He can be a cocky bastard at times, but most people forgive him because they see him as a truly warm hearted person.

Bio: He's pretty happy with his life as it is, though most of the time it's pretty boring and a little stressful.

Much of his time is spent doing school work, what time he has left is devoted to his beloved girlfriend, working out, reading, or just hanging with his friends. He's got a reputation around school for standing up to people, even when it gets him in trouble. Tomorrow he starts a part time job working the loading dock at SoTech. Industrial.

Theme Song: Without Her by the Exiles

Last edited:

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
Name: Fayeth La'Claire
appearance: She has waist-length chestnut colored hair tied with a white silk ribbon, making her hair hang down her back into a loose ponytail, two strands of hair framing her face. Both eyes are a crystal blue with just a speck of silver in them. Fayeth wears a light pink skirt going down to her ankles along with a long-sleeved shirt. On both hands she wears loosely fitted black gloves and on her feet, a pair of pink and white sneakers. A small chained necklace hung onto her neck, a Heart pendant finishing it off.

personality: Fayeth is a warmhearted girl, never having a frown on her face, or is just unable to really. She is often shy, but can always place a smile on someone's face, she'll never let anyone else see her cry, mostly because she doesn't want to worry any of her friends or people nearby.

background: She was born into your average family, being an only child ever since she was born. Fayeth was often picked on in her childhood from being too softy at times, but that soon changed once she started to stand up for herself. She may be quiet, but she would never let anyone harm her or her loved ones as long as she was near.Fayeth would spend most of her time reading or writing stories of different kinds, she loved them all, mostly ones on fantasy and those type of things. She became even more quiet after the death of her father, being very close to him it had affected her alot, then again she never let anyone else see her tears, always saying it was alright and she would get over it soon enough. The very fact of his passing still lay in her Heart, as she knew it would, most likely, forever.

God Spirit: Isis

Theme song: "Planetarium" by Otsuka Ai

Last edited:

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Sorry Morph, sorry. I would've gotten to it, but you see, my mom nearly caught me on the internet without permission again. *sweatdrop* I'll have it edited and done by the time I leave school, I swear.

Edit: Yeah, i'm aobut done. I might adda bit more though, if something strikes me during class.

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
ooc: Time to start! We all start off in Washington D.C. We all know each other. Ok, let's get going!

Ic: The annoying breeting of an alarm clock signaled the beginning of the day. That is until a size twelve steel toed boot smashed into the clock and knocked it off the shelf in a loud clatter. Rick Egret sighed in contentment and rolled over to catch a few more minutes of sleep. His eyes snapped open in annoyance when he noticed his father standing over him with a rather stern look on his face. "I think it's time to get up, Rick," he said with a sarcastic tone that always irritated Rick.

Rick nodded and reached up to the shelf over his bed to retrieve his glasses. Sitting up with a sigh he took a drink from the glass of water on his nightstand. "I was going to get up," he said after drinking the glass in one large gulp.

"Oh? I hadn't heard anything about Hell freezing over this morning." His father smiled at Rick and patted him on the shoulder. "You better take a shower and get ready. Don't want to be late for your first day of work."

After his dad's footsteps sounded down the hall, Rick sighed under his breath and walked over to his closet. He grabbed his work clothes and headed to the bathroom. A thin flip cell phone sat on the sink; its display light blinked signaling missed calls. Rick flipped open the phone and scrolled this his list of callers. A groan of disgust escaped his lips when he saw the calls he'd missed.
Ryan, Meilin, Fayeth, and Fay..."I hope none of them were emergencies," he said as he turned on the hot water.

Fifteen minutes later Rick walked down the stairs tugging at the knot on his tie. "Dad, I'm ready! Let's get going! We've got ten minutes!"

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
Fayeth was slowly nodding off, her elbow resting on the kitchen counter while her hand held up a small novel, the opposite hand from that was supporting her chin up, looking at the words on the paper wearily.

Ding!

"Wha-whoa!!", in a quick amount of clatter, Fayeth grasper her book tightly in her hands, standing straight up as if someone had shouted at her. When in fact, all it was was the timer resting on the other side of her. She gave a small sigh, wondering why in the world did she wake up at this hour, most importantly... Why was she making cookies at this time of day? 'Cookies are food. You eat food at breakfast... What's the difference?', Fayeth would argue playfully with anyone who thought of her 'eating cookies for breakfast' thing was way off.

'Wonder what everyone is doing now. Probably sleeping... Hehe.'
, she thought to herself with a smile and an inward laugh. Now completely forgetting her sleepy mood and again... Her cookies. "Hmm... Something smells... Oh no!", Fayeth exclaimed, seeing some smoke coming out from the stove as she ran towards it to save, what could be saved anyway, of the small baked treats.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Like a fish rising to the surface of a still lake, Fay rose smoothly back into consciousness. She stretched, turned over, yawned, and flopped back deeper into her pillow, hugging it tightly. Closing her eyes only slightly to keep her state of wakefulness, she craned her ears to pick up any early-morning noises. Gradually, she became aware of the unmistakable sounds of her mother bustling about the kitchen, getting ready to work. Fay shifted her wrist closer to her face and opened her dark eyes to read its ticking face. 6:53. With a sigh, she rolled restlessly over again, facing her ceiling. Her sister, seven years the younger, was still asleep in her own room- she was never known to rise earlier than eight. Their father, off from work today, was doubtless still in bed.

Gotta get up sometime- why not now?

Resigned to this fact, Fay sat up and swung her legs off her bed, giving her slightly sore limbs and extra stretch. Within minutes, she was dressed, her hair brushed- and already bored. She walked over to the far side of her room and scanned her large book case, hoping for something to catch her eye and satisfy her craving for good reading material. Finally settling on a collection by Isaac Asimov, she snatched it greedily off the shelf and sat down in a chair, flicking open to a random page.

Maybe I'll call the others- well, once the sun actually rises all the way....

Last edited:

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
A slump tired teenage boy came out of a messy bedroom, rubbing his saggy eyes as he yawned loudly accross the hallway. He slowly creaked the door open to the bath room and closed it behind him. He took a blue tooth brush out of a white cup and started to squeeze toothpaste on the scrubby tooth brush. As he cleaned his teeth and rinsed his mouth, a thousand things came up to mine. I think i left my cellphone on..Did i close the window at night??..Oh crap i have school today..where's my friggin backpack??..i wonder what's for breakfast.. He walked out of the bathroom and started to stumble towards his own room. As he bursted through the door and grabbed the nearest clothes around his room, he started to organize his books into his backpack.

He came out the room wearing a long black jacket, with a long pair of dark blue jeans on the bottom, and a tight black t-shirt on top. There was a piece of flumppy pancake on a white glass plate at the kitchen table. A glass of milk was placed on the table, along with the flapjacks. Strife quickly finished his breakfast and walked away from the house, locking the door. He started to whistle as he hung on to his backpack, walking casually down the street.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Rick wasn't at all happy by the time he got to work. Thirty minutes late was pretty much unforgiveable and he wouldn't be suprised if they didn't let him into the building tomorrw. His supervisor had told him to join the moving crew near loading dock B. That was twenty minutes ago, right now he, along with four other men, was break his back trying to move heavy components into three Semi-trucks.

Whatever was in the containers must have been worth quiet a bit; security was tighter than Rick imagined an electronics company should have, and the containers themselves were solid steel plate. It took five men just to move them onto special sliders. Rick decided it wasn't his business and started thinking about the others. He was getting off at 2 and thought it would be nice to hang out, but Strife hadn't answered his cell and he didn't like to call any of the girls this early in the morning. "One of them better call. If Ray wants her book back tonight she'll call," he said under his breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back