• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirits of the Divine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malum Incantum

He smiled a moment as he nodded at Meilin's secret words. "Excuse me, but do you know who went missing a while ago? Cause one of my friends disappeared there... I am unduly worried..." He shook his head as he sat down and started to eat (I don't know if you served food yet? Hungry?)

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin growled as she smelled the chicken. Man. My favorite meat, and I can't even eat it. After we are out of here, i'm never transfoming again, not even to save your sorry necks. She scowled inwardly at the womans silence. Why won't she tell us what's going on?

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
OOC: Call_me_canada will not be able to play her character for the next few days. She's left Rose under my control until she returns. Treat her character as you normally would, and I will do my best to respect Canada's style and character portrayal. Thanks to all of you for sticking with this rp for so long. Oh and on a side note; I've spoken to Canada about this and we both agree that a romantic interlude between Rick and Rose would only add to the rp story line. ^_^ Everyone remember romance is good for the story. *Place's Rose's hand on Rick's butt.* <--- Of course at this point she is only fantacizing.

Rose burst into the dining room her eyes wide with a combination of anxious excitement and worry. Gabriel was two steps behind her along with four other men carrying assault rifles and wearing bullet proof armor. "All of you need to come with me right now," Gabriel said in a tone that left no room for arguement. "Isebella put the girls to sleep and then find Joseph. He will bring you up to date on everything. I may not return for quite sometime."

Gabriel stared into Isebella's deep brown eyes and felt his heart clenching in saddness. Neither of them said a word, but both of them knew what was in the other's heart; what was conveyed through a single glance in the eyes was a love deeper than the heavens. A short embrace between husband and wife was all time ever seemed to allow them. Gabriel remembered the day the married so clearly. Since that day he had not spent but a few fleeting days with his wife. For them time seemed a specter that hung over them without rest.

Offering his two daughters quick kisses on the forehead he turned and led the others out. Twenty minutes later Gabriel had led them through the temple to an empty room with a slightly elevated floor. In the center of the room was long cork screw pillar of stone. "My men at Delphi were found dead less than ten minutes ago," Gabriel said into the great silence of the room. A series of well orbs much like those at Delphi reflected hidden torch light into the room. The light revealed a series of palm sized stones wrapped around the central pillar. Gabriel laid his hand over one of these stones and slowly slid the stone up a few inches. A tremor ran through the stone floor for several seconds. Finally the trembling floor fell silent and the entire room began to rise, as the pillar in the center began to rotate at a deceptively quick pace.

"Your friend Rick, whom Rose tells me was left behind at Delphi, has been sighted boarding a passenger train to London. The train made one stop to in Paris before proceeding through the chunnel to London. Twelve people unboarded in Paris, your friend was not among them. He is by now in London. Why he would go there I can't say. But I do know what is waiting for him there. Loki the primary council representative on Earth maintains his home at Sotech Incorporated's main production facility. Part of the responsibility for his current predicament lies on my shoulders. As such I am taking a rescue team into London."

The room stopped suddenly and once again the floor trembled slightly. This time the room rotated around until a wide room was revealed. The ceiling of the room extended beyond eye sight. Helicopters in varying states of repair were lined up against the left hand wall, against the right were rows of machine parts and other tools, and in the center of the room sat a perfect twin Black Hawk helicopters. "Get aboard, we'll be in the air in two minutes."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick knew he was in trouble from the second he'd set foot into the room, and oh how he hated being right. Loki stood across on the other side of the wide open room with that big sly smile on his face. That smile, it grated on Rick's nerves. When Loki wasn't charming a person he was making them feel inferior, but Rick didn't feel inferior and he certainly wasn't charmed. Anxiety, frustration, and anger were the only things Rick felt at the moment...Well maybe a tinge of fear, but overcoming fear was easy when you rushed straight into things.

"Where are they?"

"Who are we speaking of?" Loki's smile widened more. The trickster cocked an eyebrow at Rick in a mocking expression.

"Don't play with me, Loki. I never asked to be a part of this, none of us did. If anything you dragged us into your games. If I had things my way, we'd all be home right now."

Loki flashed a wave of noxious yellow light. Yellow energy flew across the room and slammed into Rick. Biting into his cheek Rick held his ground against Loki's attack. He could feel the magical energy eat away at his clothing before dissapating. Smoke rolled off the charred remnants of his shirt front, but the skin beneath was undamaged. Brushing himself off Rick looked up into Loki's eyes.

Neither of them gave an inch, their eyes burned into each other with anger and hatred. "So much changes yet you remain the same. Laying the blame on me for your plight? Extrodinary as this well sound to your ears, brother, I had no part in your return to life. No culpability can be brought upon me for what happened to you those that follow you so blindly. Plans were already in motion that night, and you were merely in the wrong place at the wrong time. Any wrong turns taken, any evils brought upon your comrades; all of it is on your shoulders. Whatever happens to them is a direct result of your choices. Remember that you, dear brother, have damned them to their fate."

Rick knew in his heart that Loki was right. The trickster was an evil son of a bitch, but he was right. The past four days had been one big black stain on the lives of his friends, and all of it, the lost hopes, the injuries, the saddness, and their capture, every bit of it was just a part of Rick's big **** up. But none of that mattered now. Right now he could make a difference for them, and that was all he cared about.

"I won't ask you again, Loki. Where are they? I won't leave without them."

"Brother, you will not be leaving at all."

A great boom tore through the room like a cannon going off. Mjonir instantly appeared in Rick's hands as charged at Loki. Bringing Mjonir around his shoulder he leapt into the air and brought the mighty hammer down on Loki's head.

Rick's eyes widened when a dog headed man(http://wizards.com/dnd/images/dd_gallery/dd3/Set_p154.jpg) appeared before Loki catching Mjonir's blow on the edge of an Ankh shaped staff.

The two locked eyes for a split second, then the dog headed man grabbed his staff in a two handed grib and shoved Rick backwards. "I don't believe you two have been properly introduced. Allow me the honor," Loki said. Laying a hand on the dog head's shoulder Loki smiled politely at Rick and motioned to him cordially.

"Set, this is my dear brother 'Thor Lord of Thunder.' Thor, I would like you to meet my old friend 'Set King of the Deserts and the Pharoh of Egypt.' It's over, brother. You're power is not enough to defeat one of us, against two you have no chance."

Knuckles white with tension Rick started focusing lightening into Mjonir's haft and pointed it at Loki. "I came for my friends, and I don't care if I have to go through both of you. I will get them back."

"Poor brother, don't you know what a 'trickster' is? I almost feel guilty telling you this brother, but your friends were never here. I would like very much to know where they are hiding, but if taking you if all I can get. Well I have no problem settling."

Last edited:

Malum Incantum

He blinked as he listened to all of this. He looked down for a moment as he grabbed a bite to eat and something to drink, and snitched some food for Meilin. He stood up, taking her in his arms and holding her protectively, but gently. "Well, whenever then."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
The Sotech Development Center sat quietly under the evening stars. To all appearances the building was at rest, silently waiting out the night until the bustling morning staff arrived. Inside. well things were certainly much more interesting. Rick exploded through two stone pillars bounced across the floor twice and landed on his stomach. The last twenty minutes hadn't gone exactly how he'd planned, Rick reflected as he pushed himself up to his knees.

A deep jagged gash ran from his right shoulder to his left, but he ignored it in favor of the coppery taste in his mouth. Spitting out a glob of blood Rick barely managed to roll onto out of the way of twin saknis that came flying at him. The two blades sliced straight through the stone wall behind him and kept going. Set appeared right over Rick swinging his Ankh shaped sword in a decapitating motion. A shower of sparks splashed over the two fighters as their weapons clashed. Electricity cascaded over Rick's arms and head in huge waves.

Sensing a presence nearby Rick stepped towards set's left shoulder and spun around him. Near perfect timing was all the saved Rick from Loki who probably teleported inches from where Rick had stood ready to deliver some deadly spell. "Catching on my brother? My my you've grown since our last encounter. This particularl life has blessed you with much needed intelligence."

Rick ignored the insult; Loki's bull shit had become background noise since the fight began. The two gods were clearly experienced in fight along side each other. From the beginning Set had fought Rick head on while Loki teleported or shaped shifted around and used hit and run attacks on Rick. Frustratio had begun to cloud Rick's senses until he felt something give way in the middle of the battle. From the point on his strength, speed, and stamina was double, if not triple, what it had been before. Things hadn't gone well aside from that. Rick was stronger physically than both gods, but not by much; Set was much more experienced with combat, and Loki was a cunning strategist.

Holding them off was all Rick could hope for at the moment. If he could isolate one of them he'd have a chance. Easier said than done, he realized. Loki shifted into a monstrous wolf and crashed into Rick at the exact moment Set launched a strange stream of energy. Spinning round on the ball of his foot Rick smashed Mjonir into Loki's gnarling jaws.

"Wha--agh!"

Rick grunted in surprise as a tendril of fabric ensnared his right arm and snapped him around to face set. Blocking a sword stab to his stomach with Mjonir Rick brought his right foot up into Set's snout. Before he could catch Set with a second blow the streamer of fabric wrapped around his left arm and snapped taught. Rick's eyes widened in pain as the cloth stretched his arms straight behind back, nearly dislocating both his shoulders.

"Argh..." Rick strained every muslce in his body trying to break the cloth wrapped around his shoulders. It was no use, the harder he fought the stronger his bonds became and the weaker he felt. "A trick I learned from an old enemy, Thunder Lord," Set said with a cunning and toothy grin. "The cloth is inherently weak, but it is also aware. A living breathing thing will fight desperately to survive, and this cloth has developed the rare ability to drain the kinetic energy directed at into its own cell, enforcing itself with the strength of those that it snares."

"Quite inspirational the way he struggles, isn't it?" Loki said coming up from behind Rick. Despite the trouble he was in Rick couldn't help smiling inwardly; Loki was rubbing his jaw in pain, and a small trickle of blood gathered at the left side of his mouth. "When I tell your friends of the struggle you put us through, I am sure they will never forget your resolve," Loki said.

"Soon enough they will join him. I look foward to hearing your screams as I slumber."

Rick's eyes widened in surprise when with a motion of his hand, Set summoned a table of wickedly shaped tools. Selecting a dual hook shaped instrument from the table Set stepped over to Rick. A grunt of surprise escaped his lips as the strands of fabric shifted wrapping covering his mouth and snapping his arms out to either side. "Loki has told me much of Thor's legendary fortitude. I am told the he took three steps before falling to Jormungder's venom. Let us see how many hours you last with my blades."

Nerves on fire from strain Rick stared into Set's eyes with defiance. A warm biting sensation began to sprout in his left forearm, but Rick refused to react to it. Loki let out a cold laugh that seemed to go on forever. Rick closed his eyes and forced himself not to scream as the hours of pain began.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
((-_- Way to go overboard, dude.))

Meilin twitched in Zeke's arms and sniffed at the food in his hand. I don't like this. I can only think of one reason Rick would leave Greece, and that's false information. She said to him.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
OOC: OMMS, ditto. o.0

Fay hadn't spoken throughout any of this, simply taking it in with burning eyes as she listlessly ate some of the food offered. Ideas ran through her head and left as she rejected each of them, unsure of what to do. She hated not knowing. The mystery brought a kind of suspense that chilled her.

She was glad when the helicopters appeared, however strange it was to see. Shaking her head at herself, she stood up and took her place besides Zeke and the still-transformed Meilin.

Malum Incantum

OOC: Actually I was talking about what happened to Rick, his post isn't all that long.

IC:

He gave Meilin the food as he smiled, having a plan. "Hey, we are forgetting a friend... let me call her.."

Suddenly, there was a shroud around them, he looked at Meilin. "If you want to transform back, now is the time."

He looked over to Faye, nodding his odd sense of anxiety.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
OOC: Yeah, one very twisted post. o.-

Fay closed her eyes and breathed in deeply, the sense of magic enveloping them giving her a feeling of peace. When she looked back at Zeke, she even smiled softly. She was Fay no longer, but at least she could still smile like the girl she once was. Faynyx allowed her that much.

"I'm sure you'll be happy to change back at any rate, Meilin," she said absently.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
(((I know. I meant that)))

Meilin, once more human, but still stuck with the ears and tail of the fox, twitched. "You could say that. I can't believe you guys got BATHS!" she pouted, biting into a chicken wing. She hopped away from Zeke and grinned. "And YOU..." she said, pointing at the taller boy, "Are getting way, waaaaaaaaaaaay to used to petting me. I'm never doing that again. Never ever."

Malum Incantum

He smirks a moment and slowly moves over to where he is right next to her. He bends down and whispers in her ear. "You have to admit... you liked it.." He kissed her cheek before he moved a few steps away, and got into a helicopter, to continue on with their adventure.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Fay followed Zeke, eyebrows raised.

"Silver-tongued show-off," she accused, getting comfortable in a seat. One hand found the other, and she rubbed her fingers without thinking, mimicking an action she did when her knuckles got too cold. Being shuttled around like this was annoying her.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
ooc: What's wrong with my post? You guys are so mean to me. I can't get online for the next few days guys. I left call_me_canada incharge while I am
away. I hope the rp doesn't die while I am gone, but if it does, I would like to thank all of you for sticking with it for so long. This has been the best rp I've ever done in my opinion. All of you had a part in that, so thanks a lot. If I don't get back in time, Merry Christmas everyone. Oh and if you guys want rescue Rick in London and then head to Egypt. Set is basically the new leader of the Egyptian Gods. Since Malum and Golden Chocobo are the two Egyptian gods among us the story would focus abit more on them and the fight to regain control of the Egyptian pantheon. That's after you save my character though! Lol. Oh and don't mention that whole romantic interlude between Rick and Rose. Canada will have my ass...

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
ooc. Sorry i wasn't here these few days to say share the last moments before your departure..i couldn't get online.

ic.

Strife trailed along behind the others, his appetite recovered. He held a rather small chicken wing in his hand, gobbling on it slowly, letting the rich tender taste swiver inside his mouth. Eventually, the meat was soon reduced into a pile of bones, in which he threw away in a nearby trash can.

He jumped into the helicopter, then looking for a place to sit. Spotting Faye, who was fumbling over her hands, a slight smile came upon his face. He sat in the seat next to her, making a strange coughing sound to get her attention. He started to swirl his hands together, somewhat the same way as Faye, mimicking her. His hand motions were quicker, and messier, indicating that he was obviously teasing her.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
(((Morph... I promise to fill CMC in. muahahahha. Happy Winter Solstice)))

Meilin blushed and climbed in behind Zeke. Do NOT have to admit it.

Meilin echoed Fay's sentiments as she bit into another piece of chicken. "Funny, Fay, I was thinking Silver-tongued, flirtatious, insufferable know-it-all...." She pulled her robes out of the way as the others got in, "Annoying busybodied show-off."

Malum Incantum

He smirked. "I am not a show-off. That much you have wrong about me. As for being flirtatious...yeah, but I am a guy. Deal with it. Annoying, not unless you don't love me.." he gave Meilin a wink. " Busybodied...eh... not so much. Know-it-all, not quite, though I do know alot. " He gave a small chuckle and sat back, watching her.

Malum Incantum

He smiles. "All I mean is, you liked it, and then, I said admit it. You said you don't have to admit that you like it, so that means you do like it, you just don't want to admit it. Slap me and I will stop it before it happens. Yes, I can read thoughts..." He winked at her before he closed his eyes and settled back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back