• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirits of the Divine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malum Incantum

He smiled as he knew she ws blushing. Just to make it worse, he took her gently out of Gabriel's arms. "To be honest, she is... our familiar. Our mascot of sorts. " He sent a thought to her while he was trying to cherade this to Gabriel.

~Just play along.~

He slowly stroked her behind the ears as he held her cradled in his arms. ~Just calm down, please. This will be over soon enough.~

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin purred against her will at the scratching. You are eviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil. Evilevilevil, Zeke, you know that? She said, slicking her tails in his face with a grin. And that was probably a good call. Two-tails isn't really normal. But did you have to use the word dog? she whined.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
"Oh, yes," Fay added. "What is a fellowship of adolescent dieties without an equally mystical familiar?" smirking rougishly, she gathered the transformed Meilin from Zeke and cuddled her like a cat, scratching between her sharp ears.

"Our little chibi kitsune!" she crooned gleefully, knowing Meilin would be fuming but unable to help herself. She winked at Zeke from over the head of soft fox-fur as they continued to follow Gabriel. The sight of him seemed to make the hair on the back of Fay's neck stand on end. It was not the man that scared her; it was the sense foreboding that came with it, telling her that something wasn't quite right, no matter what his motives where.

It's Rick, she thought sadly. He isn't here; he should be here, we should be weathering this all together. If only I had known I would never see him again ... If only things weren't so hard. Where ever you may be, my friend, I wish you well on the journey you take ... though it may be the final one.

Blinking as her eyes filled, Fay drew slightly away from Meilin, lest her tears fall and alert her friend to her sudden lapse of composure.

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Gabriel led them through a maze like series of hallways, small rooms, and even a large atrium with a domed ceiling. It wasn't until one entered this room that the realization of how ancient this building really struck you. It was nearly a millenia older than Delphi, steeped in history, and built as a place of safety for the deities of nearly every religion. Gabriel himself had lived in the temple for 12 years, since taking over leadership of the Followers of Sanctus. He often wondered when he had become so accustomed to living under his home city of Athens, but he could never quite put his finger on the memory. It was for the better, if he could remember when he learned to accept raising two daughters in isolation he would not be able to forgive himself.

Finally he stopped at a well lit hallway. The last area they had passed through showed obvious signs of people living in them, unlike the other parts of the vast temple Gabriel had led them through. This section was the one nearest the central chambers of the temple. The central chambers themselves were sealed to all but the Sanctus themselves. There was a pause in Gabriel's steps as he considered asking one of the children with him to open the chamber, but he doubted any of them remembered how. At any rate it was better not to make them aware of the temple's signifigance until trust was established.

The same beautiful young woman who had watched over Ryan on the helicopter approached, next to her walked two young girls 5 and 7.Gabriel's eyes lit up at the sight of them. His two daughters ran to him leaping into his welcoming embrace. It had been two weeks since his duties had allowed him to return home, and for two weeks all he could think of were his two young nymphs, as he so playfully called them.

Turning to his wife he was given a warm kiss that set his heart ablaze. "Gabriel, do not be rude, introduce your family to these guests," his wife said scornfully.

"Ah yes Isebella, you are right," he said turning to the face Zeke and the others. "Children of the Sanctus, with all honor I introduce you to my wife Isebella, and my two daughters Celeste, and Angelia."

Celeste who was the youngest immediately leapt from her fathers arms and ran to the white familiar cradled in Fay's arms. "May I," she said to Fay as she lightly bounced on the balls of her feet.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin, who at the smell of salt had been licking Fay's face, glanced back and the small girl and nodded. When Fay let her our of her grip, she licked at the young girls face and mewed. "Kyuuuuuuuuuuuuu?" she asked with the biggest puppy eyes she could muster.

She twitched inwardly. Don't think i'm forgetting you, Zeke. Little visions of hanging Zeke from the statue of liberty by his ankles danced in her mind, causing her to grin in a slightly scary way. Maybe if her teeth wern't so sharp, it would startle less. Maybe.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Fay had to smile as Meilin continued to charm little Celeste with her oh-so-adorable act. Crouching down besides the five-year-old, she pet Meilin and widened her smile encouragingly.

"Her name's ... May. She's very sweet, but careful of her teeth," she said to the girl. Fay glanced back up at Gabriel and met his eye, unable to pull away as she contemplated what fate he had in store for them.

call_me_canada

A smile slipped from Rose's lips as she watched Gabriel greet his family, his daughters surrounding May and petting her gently. Bowing slightly her smile began to fade slowly as she stood there awkwardly, reality catching back up to her. The Oracle of Delphi. . .the one that she had heard tales about since coming to live near the island. . . it was impossible wasn't it? The Oracle was someone of great wisdom and power, Rose couldn't even control the one trait that she had in common with the Oracle. The abbility to look into the pasts of others and their futures had always been a mystery to her, one that she had tried not to let be a part of her life. Smiling to the others she excused herself as she walked back the way they had come taking her back to the central chambers.

Sitting down she rested her back against the stone doors as she let her head sink into her chest. Her hands rested on the cold floor as she slowly tensed her fingers, causing her fingerstips to scrap against the ground until her knuckles rested on the ground. "This makes no sense. . . I can't be the Oracle. I had visited that temple for years now and nothing like that had happened, why now? I dragged the others into all of this, but I supose I was the one they had been looking for. I'm just being used but I don't understand why." Her hands clenched the sides of her head as ideas swarmed through her mind, not all of them very pleasant.

She was a burden upon all those that lived within this temple if what Gabriel said was true. An organization was looking for her and she was only putting the lives of the others in danger. With your power in their grasp, not even the Sanctus could resist them. She couldn't leave though, that would only cause even more trouble. Rose couldn't let herself be taken by this Black Council though she felt she couldn't remain here. Standing up she looked down the halls as she slowly began to walk down one of them. She had to have time to make a decision of what she was to do.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Gabriel was a kind man at heart, but he had learned long ago to be ever mindful of his surroundings. When Rose slipped away a silent motion had set two of his people to follow her. It would not do to have them roaming, not until he knew what actions they would take against the council.

Isebella led the others into a room with several warm tapestries on the walls and a long carven table with room to seat twenty. A large chandelier was suspended over the table spilling bright candle light over the entire room. On the right-hand wall between two tapestrieshung a broad sword and beneath it a bow. Both weapons were elegantly crafted with gold and silver writing curving along the edge of the sword, the bow was inlaid with a light green metal that flowed around in a graceful ivy pattern. Isebelle smiled as her two daughters ran through an open door carrying the small fox with them. "Don't forget to wash before coming to the table," she called to them in a stern voice. "Please, all of you may use the baths. They are down down the door way and to the left. I'm afraid that the baths are as old as the temple and though they are luxurious beyond compare, there is no division for men and women. You may wish to take turns before going in. I'll leave fresh clothes for each of you, and dinner will be served in this room by the time you are finished."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A world away Rick's eyes slowly blinked open. He didn't know how long he'd been asleep, but he could feel the train slowing which meant he was finally in London. There wouldn't be much time before baggage handlers came in to start unloading, he'd have to find a way to slip off unoticed. Sliding his fingers into the door seem he forced it off the track and slid it to the side. Wincing slightly at the grating sound the door had made he slid down to the ground with a soft thumb and peered around.

The platform was already very crowded which was lucky for him, he could slip away from the train without anyone noticing him. He climbed up from the track onto the waiting platform and quickly trotted into a nearby throng of people. He'd have to find a map of the city or someone that could tell him where Sotech's offices would be. Whatever he did he knew it couldn't take too long. Loki was probably torturing Fay and the others.

"I'll be there soon," he chanted to himself as he pushed people aside and made his way to the neartest exit.

Malum Incantum

He slowly looked down for a moment as he nodded. "Yes ma'am." With that, he nodded to her and Gabriel and then was gone. He slowly made his way down the hall, looking at the elegant pictures that hung on the walls. This place was one of sheer beauty, and it amazed him, in a sense. However, the whole fact that he was being held against his will still held that demeaning sense over him...

He found the showers, and smiled, as he slowly closed the door, and then went over, taking off his clothing and folding it gently to the side, before stepping into the huge bathtub. He smiled. Hot water...how relaxing...steam clouded the room, as he laid back there, watching the ceiling.

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin jumped out of the arms of the girls as they filled the sink with water. Oh no. That is where I draw the line. she thought as she backed away from the water. I can only play pet so long. She sniffed the air and hissed. Dammit. They're taking showers. NO FAIR! she yeled as she licked at her fur. She sniffed again and pouted. And they probably won't be waisting that steak on a familiar either....

GeneralChaos

Ryan kept to the back of the group, hoping to slip away from them unnoticed. He seemed to have done so, for the most part, and had managed to take Fay's phone with him. His own had been destroyed when he had been thrown from the remains of the temple. However, he only intended to borrow it. No matter how much happened to him or how many Gods sprung out of myths and legends to jump into his body, he would have to keep himself aware of his own life. Well, what was left of it. Only one person was left in his life, and he would make sure she wasn't dragged into this too. He had to keep her safe.

Quickly dialling in a number, Ryan waited impatiently, leaning against a wall some distance away from his other companions. Fay would inevitably discover what he had done. She could throw a hissy fit for all he really cared, though. He had to find out how his mother was doing, and wouldn't risk letting the others know she was in hospital with cancer. He didn't need their pity. He just needed to make sure she was fine...

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin slipped from the room and settled herself in a ball outside the batihng rooms. She whined. I wanna take a shower, too. I wanna go home and sit in the open-air bath with my sisters and gaze at the mountain and not have a care in the world. If I knew helping Koji would cause this.....

She stopped. I would've done it anyways, bonehead that I am. Her ears perked up as she heard a dial tone. They have phone signals? All the way down here?

Malum Incantum

He slowly emerged from the tub about twenty minutes later and sighed as he felt relaxed. He had on new clothes, and he nodded to the others. "Well, that was utterly refreshing..."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Gabriel approached Zeke and the others as the emerged from the bath, a slight scowl of anger on his face. He'd been willing to trust them enough that they walked freely in his home, but that may have been a mistake. Stopping dead infront of Zeke. "Which of you has a cellular phone?" he asked calmly. "Well whichever of you has a cellular phone will have realized now that you can not send a signal this far underground. Twenty stories of catacomps and stone sit above us. The only way to send a signal is with the relays my people have within the temple. With those relays we can catch and release cellular signals," he said in a calm tone though. "Please I am placing trust in you by putting you so near my children, do not let that be my folly. Transmissions can only be sent from this place at specific times or we risk revealing out position."

Spinning on his heel Gabriel walked away into the shadows of the temple. Isebella stepped out from dining chamber a soothing smile on his face. Placing her arm around Zeke's she led him and the others back into the dining room. "Forgive him, he has many responsibilities. These last years have been especially taxing for him. It was not until eight years ago that the Black Council returned. Since that day we have struggled everyday to survive. Our people in Japan disappeared very soon after the council's return, and it is said that the Japanese god's are set against us. We spent years contending with human disciples of the council, but never have we faced the black gods alone. It had kept Gabriel on edge all these years. With you here he does not know whether hope has been lay upon us at last, or if an even larger burden is set on his shoulders."

She fell into silence as they entered the room. The long table was set with beautiful hand crafted pottery and in the center of the table sat a variety of foods. A large pitcher of milk sat on a small table nearby with a bowl next to it. "For your familiar, that is if my daughters have not run away with her," Isebella said with a smile.

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife was deprived of his usual gorging of food as his mind was wandered off another subject. Where the hell was Rick?? He snapped out of his daydreaming, setting his eyes on the food, then at Isabella.

"Soooooo..what do you plan to happen AFTER this lovely dinner.."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Isebella smiled at Strife taking a seat at the end of the table. Celeste and Angelina ran into the room carrying the struggling white fox. The fox was wrapped in a large woolen towel, her face stuck from one end looking rather indignant. Isebella smiled again this time a warmer smile that showed the true beauty in her golden skin. "Gabriel has decided that we cannont give you safe harbor. But we are going to offer what aid we can. Recent revealations of the Dark Council lead us to believe that they are seaching for something hidden in Egypt. I believe his intention is to set you on that path. You are of course welcome in my home at any time," she said kindly.

"Feel free to eat to your hearts content, this meal was prepared especially for you. It is humble, but we are very skilled in the culinary arts."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security around Sotech's London branch was twenty times what it had been in Washington. Rick hadn't been sure what to do when he saw guards armed with AK-47's walking the perimeter of the warehouses. The main office building sat at the end of a row of warehouses that had been converted into clean room type enviroments. After an hour of watching he'd managed to actually slip into the gates surrounding the complex, but now he was stuck laying on his stomach under a delivery truck.

Oddly enough he didn't mind being stuck under that truck. On the train ride to London all he could think about was how far away his friends were, now he was thinking about how close he was to them. Loki wouldn't make it easy, he was smart enough to know that it was a trap, but his friends lives meant more to him than anything else.

Not to mention Rose, she wasn't a part of all this. Rick had made the decision to drag her into this hell, and now he had to make amends for that. He hadn't forgotten Zeke's declaration in the temple, before Python struck Zeke had told Rick that Rose was the oracle. In someway Rick knew that whatever happened to her now was on him. She'd probably walked through that temple a thousands times with no reactions, it was their prescence that brought out whatever hid inside that temple, or inside Rose.

The sounds of approaching foot steps roused him from his reverie. Rolling onto his left shoulder Rick peered around the front wheel of the truck. Two guards approached, but they weren't carrying automatic weapons; instead each of them carried a duffel back. Shift change, Rick realized. He should have considered that, but it hadn't occured to him.

Waiting for the off-duty guards to passby Rick rolled out from under the truck and crouch walked his way towards the nearest warehouse. The side entrance was locked, but that didn't mean much. A twist of Rick's wrist snapped the main lock and he pulled the door open. He hoped that a running a current of electricity over his body would keep security cameras from tracking him. It won't matter anyway, I'm inside, now I just have to find the others.

Last edited:

Meilin

Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Meilin's eye's went wide. FOOD! she yelled in her mind, diving at it. If I can't have a bath, at least I can eat! she said, licking at the picher of milk and whining. It's times like this when I relish the though to having thumbs!

She mulled over what Gabriels wife had said as she waited to be served. Zeke. Ask her who their people in Japan were. Tell them a friend of yours went missing a while ago there. Ask them why they think the oriental gods are against them. Ask!

call_me_canada

Footsteps echoed off the walls behind her as Rose slowly turned to see Gabriel approaching at a rapid rate. His long strides and harsh footsteps displated his irritated personality. Stepping off the the side she placed her back towards the wall as she watched him walk by. Biting down on her lip slightly she clenched her fists before she had made up her mind. Catching up with Gabriel she placed her hand gently on his shoulder, causing him to look back and see who it was.

"I'm sorry to be disturbing you in a time in which you are clearly trying to deal with other problems, but I need to go find my friend." She pressed her lips together as she used the word, were these people her friends or were they just like the Black Council. . . wishing to use her for their own purposes. "Rick was left behind at the temple buried in the rubble. I know what you must be thinking, but that's not how he dies. I-I saw something, many things, while at the temple. Rick has hardships ahead of him and I don't know whether he will uh, well I dont know if he's going to make it out okay. Their families are in danger too. . . I want to help them and try to prevent the future, though so far it had never been possible. I don't want to sit around anymore when I can try warn others of what may happen. Hiding in your temple is the last thing I want to do!"

Her fists became tightened balls at her sides as she tried to hold back her anger. She kept thinking that things were her fault, and sadly there seemed to be no ways around it being her fault. If she hadn't accompanied the others to the temple Rick would not be for all she knows lying under rubble. The Oracle, the person who she was, would not have been awakened. Nonee of this made sense to her, she couldn't possibly be the oracle.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
Gabriel had stormed down the through the temple barely noticing where his path was taking him. The young Oracle Rose was ahead of him, but he ignored her. Guilt would set in later he was sure, it wasn't the girls fault what had happened, but it was a burden nevertheless. Turning his mind to other thing he remembered that it was long past checkin with the men he left at Delphi. A tap at his shoulder made him turn suddenly.

Rose stood behind him with a look of immense frustration on her face. "I'm sorry to be disturbing you in a time in which you are clearly trying to deal with other problems, but I need to go find my friend." She pressed her lips together as she used the word, were these people her friends or were they just like the Black Council. . . wishing to use her for their own purposes. "Rick was left behind at the temple buried in the rubble. I know what you must be thinking, but that's not how he dies. I-I saw something, many things, while at the temple. Rick has hardships ahead of him and I don't know whether he will uh, well I dont know if he's going to make it out okay. Their families are in danger too. . . I want to help them and try to prevent the future, though so far it had never been possible. I don't want to sit around anymore when I can try warn others of what may happen. Hiding in your temple is the last thing I want to do!"

His eyes widened in surprise at her words. He'd not been aware of another Sanctus. It meant that the Sanctus were stronger than he'd originally thought especially if the boy was alive. Though it was likely that he was long dead Gabriel could see the fire in this girls eyes as well as the guilt. "Calm yourself," he said to her in a soothing voice. Laying his hands on her shoulders he stared her square in the eye. "I know the feelings you have, the anxiety is great, but it will serve no one at this time. Come with me, I was about to make an inquiry with my second in command."

A few yards away a hidden alcove revealed a room filled with people wearing various types of clothing. Some of them wore robes while others wore various uniforms and even tattered beggars clothing. An observant person would notice that everyone was dressed specifically to slip through the city unoticed and melt into crowds. A tall man leaned over a large computer layout speaking in low tones to two younger men on eithe side of him. The man noticed Gabriel and Rose and a smile immediately blossomed on his face. Waving the two young men off he stood up straight and approached them.

"Gabe, you've brought a guest with you. I see you decided to quit playing the consumate entertainer to these upstarts," the tall man said jovially.
Gabriel smiled broadly, "Aye, I've never once played entertainer, Joseph."

Gabriel who stood at 6'5 in height was dwarfed by Joseph who stood an inch or two above 7 feet in height. He was thin and lanky with a light complexion and a pire of thin wire framed glasses that gave him a slightly wide eyed expression. "You've come home at last, but from the information that has been coming in all day, you won't be here for long," said Joseph in a meloncoly voice.

Nodding silently Gabriel embraced his friend quickly in a strong hug between brothers. Letting the moment pass Gabriel turned to business. "Rose has told me of another Sanctus. He was trapped within the temple during the battle. We left him behind unwittingly. Has any word come from the men I left on Delphi?"

Joseph scratched at his chin for several seconds before responding. "No, we've not had any reports of activity for several hours now. As a matter of fact they should have checked in by now, but so far they have missed two check ins during the last three hours."

Gabriel's eyes narrowed suddenly. "Get those men on the lines if you can, and have my helicopter readied if you can't."

Golden_Chocobo

Like No Other
Strife finished his meal quickly, chomping on chicken legs and gorging down his ice cold drink. As he finished his last drop, he slammed the glass onto the table and gave a large sigh. Nodding twice, his eyes shifted towards Isabella.

"Thank you for the meal!! Well, i'm going to just..well walk around the castle i guess..if you would grant me permission to do so."

Strife gave the widest grin he can conjure up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back