• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirit Ranks?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot60

When creating a Spirit using additional ingredients can increase a spirits level and rank, therefore I can create a level 20 'A ranked' Meow Wow despite already having a 'C ranked' Meow Wow, but, what I want to know is how this ranking affects the spirit and if it's worth trying to increase this rank through creation? (Although currently I just have 3 Star Ranked Spirits)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, I haven't played the game, nor have much knowledge in this field, but I believe the higher the rank, the better the performance of the Dream Eater. Like the attack more fiercely or something.
Or maybe they level up fast.

I'm not too sure though. If you use your level C and A Meow Wow in the field, I'm sure you might see some change in their behaviour.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think the eagerness to do something is linked to the friendship you have with the DE though, although I haven't yet worked out the kinks of the Dream Eater system.
The ranks seem to have more influence on how good the stats of the DE are. Like my rank D Komori Bat has way better stats than my rank E Meow Wow.

And, can you even have two Dream Eaters of the same "type" in the party at the same time? Like i.e. two Meow Wows?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think the eagerness to do something is linked to the friendship you have with the DE though, although I haven't yet worked out the kinks of the Dream Eater system.
The ranks seem to have more influence on how good the stats of the DE are. Like my rank D Komori Bat has way better stats than my rank E Meow Wow.
Yeah, stats seem to be it as well. Was trying to think of that :p

And, can you even have two Dream Eaters of the same "type" in the party at the same time? Like i.e. two Meow Wows?
I thought you could, but probably not hey.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
I figured the higher the rank the better the abilities on their grid. *shrugs*

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I have a question about spirit ranks. Can you raise the rank of your dream eater? For example, if i wanted to raise a Rank E Meow WoW to Rank D. Is that possible?
The only way I've found you can do that is by creating a new Dream Eater altogether and using more materials needed for the Dream Eater than recommended.

Just tried it, you can have two of the same type of Dream Eater in your team.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The only way I've found you can do that is by creating a new Dream Eater altogether and using more materials needed for the Dream Eater than recommended.

Just tried it, you can have two of the same type of Dream Eater in your team.

My friend will be pleased, she wants to just have an entire army of Ice Penguins the whole game :p Or at least from where you can actually get one.

Ocelot60

While on the topic of spirits and what not, anyone know what the different things on the petting/nudging menu are? I can understand a few things, but what affects their disposition and what are the musical note things that appear around them after awhile? Among many other things it doesn't explain...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks iDrops, that's good to know. I think I'm gonna create a second Komori Bat when I'm at home again. ;)

Many of the questions asked here interest me too, there is still much uncertain in what causes what when dealing with the Dream Eaters.

@Mirby:
Don't the Dream Eater's ability grids of one type all look the same? With some additional ways opened when their mood changes?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I can understand a few things, but what affects their disposition and what are the musical note things that appear around them after awhile?
I always thought that when you filled up the bar under the Dream Eater, their disposition changes. But I think it's just random when it changes, you've just got to pet them enough for it to change.

And those musical notes, I don't think I've seen them yet. I'm guessing it's just a sign of happiness? Or maybe that they love you or something?

Ocelot60

I always thought that when you filled up the bar under the Dream Eater, their disposition changes. But I think it's just random when it changes, you've just got to pet them enough for it to change.

And those musical notes, I don't think I've seen them yet. I'm guessing it's just a sign of happiness? Or maybe that they love you or something?
From what I've noticed they have good disposition and bad disposition, if I bother my Meow Wow and pet him when he doesn't want it his disposition changed to 'Stray' and various other dodgy sounding things, although if I pet him and make him happy his disposition changes to nicer sounding things such as "Sidekick" and "Smart Cookie" although with the Kooma Panda for example I can't tell if "Brusier" or "Boxer" is best for example, it's always a good idea to stop petting a spirit when it shows resistance though.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
From what I've noticed they have good disposition and bad disposition, if I bother my Meow Wow and pet him when he doesn't want it his disposition changed to 'Stray' and various other dodgy sounding things, although if I pet him and make him happy his disposition changes to nicer sounding things such as "Sidekick" and "Smart Cookie" although with the Kooma Panda for example I can't tell if "Brusier" or "Boxer" is best for example, it's always a good idea to stop petting a spirit when it shows resistance though.
They sometimes don't want to be petted? That explains a lot. I was petting one of Dream Eaters earlier and it kept trying to turn away. XD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
They sometimes don't want to be petted? That explains a lot. I was petting one of Dream Eaters earlier and it kept trying to turn away. XD

Yeah, they do. Meow Wow for example starts to hiss a little and shudders when you either a) did something it doesn't like (i.e. my Bouncy does not like it when I touch its horn) or b) when it has been petted for a while and is now tired.
My Pricklemane also likes it when you nudge its feet, but if you nudge its ears it gets angry.

Ocelot60

Yeah, they do. Meow Wow for example starts to hiss a little and shudders when you either a) did something it doesn't like (i.e. my Bouncy does not like it when I touch its horn) or b) when it has been petted for a while and is now tired.
My Pricklemane also likes it when you nudge its feet, but if you nudge its ears it gets angry.

I tried rubbing different parts of my Frootz Cat, Kab Kannon and R+R Peng, turns out the Cat enjoys getting rubbed on the ears but not the legs, the Kannon enjoys getting rubbed on the horn but not the arms/legs, enjoys belly rubs too. Penguin enjoy belly rubs but doesn't like flipper rubs.
The difference between liking and disliking seems pretty big in terms of disposition, my Kab Kannon became "ack-ack" and my Cat became "Sweetheart" very quickly.

Ventus_

Awards
From what I've gathered, the higher a spirit's rank, the greater it's starting stats.
For example, I have two Komory Bats in my current file. Both are Riku tutorial Komory Bats that I've hardly used (This is a New Game + file) and one is a rank E while the other a rank C.

Komory Bat Rank E:
Attack 7
Magic 10
Defense 5

Komory Bat Rank C:
Attack 12
Magic 15
Defense 9

As you can see the Rank C Komory Bat's Attack and Magic are 5 points higher than the Rank E's and it's Defense 4 points higher.

I've also read (in posts elsewhere by other players) that higher ranked spirits are more focused and perform more actively in battle and their link gauges fill faster.

I currently have two Stars and an A in my parties and although the battles were going to fast for me to focus on it, I could swear that at a couple of points when my HP was critically low I'd suddenly be healed before successfully shuffling curaga to the top of my command deck and using it. I could have been misperceiving and perhaps just caught some HP prizes but I really don't feel it was the latter and if I am right then one of my spirits had to have healed me since there is no Donald in this game. If I had to guess I'd say it was my Aura Lion.

To my knowledge, abilities and ability boards are not altered. The latter can be altered but by disposition, not rank.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
From what I've gathered, the higher a spirit's rank, the greater it's starting stats.
For example, I have two Komory Bats in my current file. Both are Riku tutorial Komory Bats that I've hardly used (This is a New Game + file) and one is a rank E while the other a rank C.

Komory Bat Rank E:
Attack 7
Magic 10
Defense 5

Komory Bat Rank C:
Attack 12
Magic 15
Defense 9

As you can see the Rank C Komory Bat's Attack and Magic are 5 points higher than the Rank E's and it's Defense 4 points higher.

I've also read (in posts elsewhere by other players) that higher ranked spirits are more focused and perform more actively in battle and their link gauges fill faster.

I currently have two Stars and an A in my parties and although the battles were going to fast for me to focus on it, I could swear that at a couple of points when my HP was critically low I'd suddenly be healed before successfully shuffling curaga to the top of my command deck and using it. I could have been misperceiving and perhaps just caught some HP prizes but I really don't feel it was the latter and if I am right then one of my spirits had to have healed me since there is no Donald in this game. If I had to guess I'd say it was my Aura Lion.

To my knowledge, abilities and ability boards are not altered. The latter can be altered but by disposition, not rank.
I haven't actually seen it happen myself, but I know the Dream Eaters can actually heal you. I've been actually making a mental note of when my health replenishes to look down at what ability was cast. Every time I look though another Dream Eater casts Shell and I know for a fact that Shell does not heal lol.

It happens quite often with my Meowjesty in the party. It's an A rank and I can usually depend on it. I also run with an Aura Lion as well so it could be healing as well like yours, but it's a pretty low rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back