• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spirit of Halloween selling Riku and King Mickey costumes, Keyblades, etc.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
So, i guess no one has commented on this huh? Guess I will! (Do note that i'm not advertising these things, moreso reporting them like others have done with other KH merch in the past)
After the successful release of KH3 and great reception from the Sora and Kairi costumes, the folks at spirit of halloween have graced us with MORE KH MERCH in the form of 2 costumes, one of the King of Disney castle in his organization attire, and Riku in his KH2 incarnation (of course). In addition, they're selling Sora's pumpkin mask and the pumpkinhead keyblade separately, but without an actual body suit for it.
1570674951327.png1570675000687.png
How do you guys feel about this? I mean, it's nice that kids (and adults if we're being honest) are able to dress up as their favorite KH character and not have to rely on making the costumes themselves, but some of the costumes aren't exactly high quality. I own the Sora costume and walking around in it was a very strange experience, the pants were so baggy i walked like a penguin all day, the jacket didn't actually zip up (it was a faux plastic zipper) and the "pockets" at the sides of the pants were fake, and honestly looked a little.... unsettling to say the least. Oh well, at least I know a certain someone on here will be excited about this, and i might buy one of the keyblades.

Veevee

Awards
The Riku scares me.

Well, I think this is nice to have for a younger audience. As a kid, I would've loved to dress up as my favorite characters, but there wasn't exactly a good way how to because buyable costumes were not a thing back then and making them themselves was a bit too much work. These are great for some fun experience, but I guess if you want to do actual cosplay, they are not what one would wish from what you say. The Riku costume on the photo looks actually decent though; maybe I'll look for photos later.

Soldier

Awards
The Riku scares me.

Well, I think this is nice to have for a younger audience. As a kid, I would've loved to dress up as my favorite characters, but there wasn't exactly a good way how to because buyable costumes were not a thing back then and making them themselves was a bit too much work. These are great for some fun experience, but I guess if you want to do actual cosplay, they are not what one would wish from what you say. The Riku costume on the photo looks actually decent though; maybe I'll look for photos later.
I know right! he looks like someone you'll meet in a dark alley, waiting to take your money. Pretty sure they didn't convey the fact that he's one of the heroes to the model.

Veevee

Awards
I know right! he looks like someone you'll meet in a dark alley, waiting to take your money. Pretty sure they didn't convey the fact that he's one of the heroes to the model.

Yeah, everything about the picture is so wrong. The posing is weird and looks threatening plus the model looks angry and overall, it looks just ridiculous to put an angry grown man into a colourful weirdly-matched teenager costume. Not meant to insult the good man, but from that particular picture I get the impression of a thug stuffed into a kid costume, trying to go to a child's birthday party and scarring all the kids emotionaly in the process. "I can stab you with my key"

okhi12

Awards
"I can stab you with my key"
Wasn't expecting that and I laughed more than I should. Now I feel like I'm a bad person.

That Riku looks like a thug and all, but no one is mentioning how ridiculous the Mickey costume looks. I wonder how much munny the guy was paid. Not enough, that's for sure.

Soldier

Awards
Wasn't expecting that and I laughed more than I should. Now I feel like I'm a bad person.

That Riku looks like a thug and all, but no one is mentioning how ridiculous the Mickey costume looks. I wonder how much munny the guy was paid. Not enough, that's for sure.
Honestly, I would consider it an honor to wear that thing, fool doesn't know how lucky he his that he gets to wear that, I mean for crying out loud, it's Mickey Freaking Mouse!

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
That Riku looks like he wants to beat up whoever put him in the costume.

I own the Sora costume and walking around in it was a very strange experience, the pants were so baggy i walked like a penguin all day, the jacket didn't actually zip up (it was a faux plastic zipper)
Probably would have cheaper to just get a real zipper than making a fake one.

and the "pockets" at the sides of the pants were fake
As a woman who has to struggle in finding pants with real pockets, you have my deepest condolences. No one should experience that.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
That Riku looks like he wants to beat up whoever put him in the costume.

Probably would have cheaper to just get a real zipper than making a fake one.

As a woman who has to struggle in finding pants with real pockets, you have my deepest condolences. No one should experience that.
Well, it didn't help that I'm a person who normally HAS things in his pockets, so finding a place to put them was.... not easy. In the end, the zipper's ludicrous size (each tooth was the size of a thumb segment) and the oversized shoe coverings made me look more like a clown than the hero of light, good thing it was halloween otherwise I would've received a lot of criticism.

facemyfears

Even the kid looks grumpy as Sora. Personally, I think Sora's trousers are always supposed to sit higher than Riku's (even if they look super poofy). I wonder how hard/easy it is to source the types of zippers Nomura draws.

Soldier

Awards
Even the kid looks grumpy as Sora. Personally, I think Sora's trousers are always supposed to sit higher than Riku's (even if they look super poofy). I wonder how hard/easy it is to source the types of zippers Nomura draws.
Yeah, don't know what that brat's problem is, If i was able to wear a Sora costume at his age, I'd be over the moon with excitement. I can see his mother being like "Smile Jimmy! your uncle Lou went through a lot of hoops to get you this gig! pretty soon you'll make it to Disney channel!"
Also, here are the other keyblades for sale, priced at 39.99 apiece.
1571610875624.png1571610908146.png1571610947751.png
As for these fake keyblades ("this keyblade is a sham") I guess they're reasonably priced? unlike most other keyblades made for cosplay they're not made out of foam, these are plastic, much more durable and (semi) realistic looking. I guess if you need to complete a cosplay as KH 1 Sora or Riku, use these? Better than shelling out 100s of dollars for a metal one if money's tight.

Back