• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hexxagone

1. Do you want a spinoff game next or KH4?

2. What do you think will actually happen, spinoff or KH4?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think whatever is the next entry will be equally as important, whether it's a numbered title or not.

It doesn't matter to me what it's called.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The next game will be another side game.

No, I don't want any more side games / spinoffs. Alas, $$$...

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think whatever is the next entry will be equally as important, whether it's a numbered title or not.

It doesn't matter to me what it's called.

Well, Nomura DID say he wouldn't try to use the regular numbering convention anymore. But we'll have to see what Marketing has to say about this, seeing as how the game's title should be as clear as possible.

Though I kinda get that he may want to change the numbering, what with the Roman numerals being related to the Xehanort Saga.

With how deeply connnected this saga is to the KHx lore, Maybe it'll be something along the lines of KINGDOM HEARTS *something* x Part 1?

D

Deleted member 246005

I'd feel like we'd get another spinoff game before KH4. Granted they could do away with the numbering convention so the problem becomes what system it's on and what it's about.

OneDandelion

Awards
I'll take the spinoffs. I have more faith in Nomura to deliver spinoffs than to produce a AAA game where everyone is inhibiting him from making it to take advantage of the hype behind the title

Hexxagone

I'd feel like we'd get another spinoff game before KH4. Granted they could do away with the numbering convention so the problem becomes what system it's on and what it's about.

If they do a spinoff, 99% guaranteed to be a Switch game

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I would prefer a soft reboot with KH4 as the next game but that ain't gonna be what happens. 1st we get DLC for a year or 2. Then maybe TSSF gets ported to XB1/Switch/PC, then there's a new side game to set things in motion for the future. If S-E sticks to UE4 & gets devlopment going ASAP on KH4, then maybe we could see that game in 4 years time but who knows.

If they do a spinoff, 99% guaranteed to be a Switch game
IDK about that honestly. There's little reason why a Switch game wouldn't just be multiplatform, especially now that the other handheld games have gotten console releases. If S-E did do a Switch game, everyone & their MoM would be counting the days until it inevitably gets ported to PS4 or 5 or whichever. Mobile is the new arena for handheld spinoffs now, I could almost guarantee that UX won't be the last KH game on a smartphone.

Last edited:

GrandWebster

Why bother making a Spin-off solely for the Switch?
That would be pointless because that's a full blown console, and what about the Playstation?

Personally, This is the end of a Saga. So really I don't see the point of starting somewhat fresh (With several plot points from this saga carried to the next saga) and having it be a Spin-off and again why the Switch, a console? You might as well just do KH4, looking at it realistically.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
1. Do you want a spinoff game next or KH4?
I could take either, but i'd only want a spin-off game if it were a TRUE spin-off. Meaning a game that didn't have to majorly tie into the larger overarching KH plot, but could, for example, be used to expand on other characters in the series (see: characters left at the end of 3).

2. What do you think will actually happen, spinoff or KH4?
With this series' track record, probably spin-off.

GrandWebster

Kingdom Hearts 3.5......2021

Given the plot points we got in 3, what the hell would the spin-off be about?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm low key triggered by how many times the term 'spin off' has been used in this thread considering 3 just showed exactly how important non-numbered titles are. Sob.

GrandWebster

I'm low key triggered by how many times the term 'spin off' has been used in this thread considering 3 just showed exactly how important non-numbered titles are. Sob.

Fine, What would be the Non-Numeric Plot Relevant-off, be about?

Kingdom Hearts 3.5 2021....Given the plot points we got in 3.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Saving Sora, I think and the Reaper's game for starters, also Sora/Riku finding out what the MoM is up to (setting up for stopping him).

And btw, that's why I've been saying "3.5" for a in between game/spinoff; No game in the KH series is ignoreable, story wise!

Sora1274

I don’t really care too much as each game has been equally important to the story. I think the bigger deal for people may be that non numbered titles originate on handhelds, but with the ps vita discontinuing and the 3DS being many years old (probably older than a decade by the time the next game would come out by) I don’t see the next kingdom hearts game being on a handheld. That being said I think the next game may be some union x era console game.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Fine, What would be the Non-Numeric Plot Relevant-off, be about?

Kingdom Hearts 3.5 2021....Given the plot points we got in 3.
Probably the next point in the storyline like CoM and DDD were?

Basing the importance of a game on a title in this series is shallow and silly. The non-numbered titles have been highly important.

GrandWebster

Probably the next point in the storyline like CoM and DDD were?

Basing the importance of a game on a title in this series is shallow and silly. The non-numbered titles have been highly important.
History aside, this is the end of a Saga. Nobody knew this until Nomura addressed it awhile ago when take that account, the plot points we got in 3 Is most of that going to be addressed in this midquel "spin-off"?

Will the Disney worlds take back seat and let the SE properties takeover for this part, for "reasons", what is it going to be about, Sora's going through Shibuya?

Saving Sora, I think and the Reaper's game for starters, also Sora/Riku finding out what the MoM is up to (setting up for stopping him).

And who would we be playing as then?

Back