• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spinoff Game or Kingdom Hearts 4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
At most, we might get a singular side-game. But with the amount of KH4 foreshadowing in KH3, there's just too much to not warrant the sequel already.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I kinda feel like UX still not being done sorta covers our "spin-off" quota lol.

If they made a game centering around a character other than Sora I would be down. Though, I really would love if we could get more Disney infused into those games from now on. Birth By Sleep was clearly the best in that regard but then games like Days didn't even try.

I guess I just mean, if we get a game about Kairi, let her have cool Disney party members or something. I would be 1000% on board with that. I also up for a Switch game, but I have a Switch so I am clearly biased.

Last edited:

saintfighteraqua

Awards
I don't want spinoffs on any other systems. That was such a terrible thing, back in the day, having to own so many systems to play these games.
They are all on PS4, more or less, excluding UX and I don't see why it can't be ported too.
I do own a Switch, but I can't see any reason to make it exclusive there at this point. I'd buy it, for sure, and then probably rebuy it when they obligatory PS4-5 version dropped. But it's a bad plan.
If you are a KH fan, chances are you own a PS4. XB got 3, but unless the old games get ported, it's obviously not the ideal one to own.
And people shouldn't have to buy a Switch just for the next title.

I'm just really hoping it's not another cash-grab phone game.
But I have a feeling it will not be a mainline game, no matter what Nomura has said.
Secret ending for 1 was kind of more for Days and secret ending for 2 was for BBS.
The trend would show it's another side title, most likely in the vein of DDD.
I do hope I'm wrong.

Also, Sora2016...I would be very much into a Kairi/Disney Princess game. Something along the lines of Kilala Princess would be fun, too.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I kinda feel like UX still not being done sorta covers are "spin-off" quota lol.

If they made a game centering around a character other than Sora I would be down. Though, I really would love if we could get more Disney infused into those games from now on. Birth By Sleep was clearly the best in that regard but then games like Days didn't even try.

I guess I just mean, if we get a game about Kairi, let her have cool Disney party members or something. I would be 1000% on board with that. I also up for a Switch game, but I have a Switch so I am clearly biased.

This is a good point, actually.

Nomura could give Sora a rest because of plot reason and actually address the up coming threat by making someone else the playable character.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
In the surprising turn of events that we do get a Kingdom Hearts IV immediately after Kingdom Hearts III, we have enough Disney, Pixar and Disney Live-Action properties to be used as worlds without resorting to Disney Live-Action Remakes, Marvel or Star Wars.

horto12485

Awards
In the surprising turn of events that we do get a Kingdom Hearts IV immediately after Kingdom Hearts III, we have enough Disney, Pixar and Disney Live-Action properties to be used as worlds without resorting to Disney Live-Action Remakes, Marvel or Star Wars.

Agreed cause Live Action Remakes and Marvel and Star Wars are not allowed for the Series

drew0512

Awards
I want a bridge title where you play as Riku and Kairi (similar to FF XIII-2) and then KH4. No more side games like Days or Re:Coded. Basically something like: KH1-CoM-KH2-DDD-KH3. Linear storytelling is what KH needs now (and I know it won't be like this but let me dream).

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I'm fine with another important non-numeral title like BBS/DDD before KH4. There's been no precedent for consecutive numeral titles to come out so I'm not expecting a jump to KH4 right now. Hopefully it's a title that's post-KH4. As long as the game comes out in a timely manner then I'll be okay. Timely being a 3-4 year span.

Awards
I think the next one will be a TWEWY/KH crossover, so spinoff.

Although I could also see another spinoff involving Demyx/Luxord/Marluxia/Larxene stories, both as to who they were before, and what happens to them after the events of KH3. It would make a nice bridge between khux and the rest of the series rather than references no one knows about.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Kingdom Hearts Re:Union X please, with better story pacing than the Mobile Game.

Realistically I would want to see KH4 next but for a sidegame, a remake of Union X would be neat.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think if there's going to be any "side games", Union X is going to get an actual game. Like Coded did. Coded lived in a more honest age of mobile gaming though, gatchas weren't really mainstream yet from what I can remember.

Askelon

I expect a spin-off which will put the basis for KH4 plot and resolve some unanswered questions in KH3. I just hope we won t have like 4 or 5 spin off before KH4.

Scorseselover

I don’t mind a spin off, as long as the story is not another “Wink wink. We’re making another game” ala Chain of Memories. I don’t mind a teaser for the next game, but I don’t like when an entire game is built around setting up the next game. That’s why I didn’t like Chain of Memories that much in terms of story.

GenoBois

I would like a 385/2 days-esque side game from the perspective of Kairi. Mostly to let the characters have some breathing room after the shenaniganery of KH3 while they clean up what is left, mainly heartless. Probably will tie up loose ends of KH3 while whatever the villains of KH4 pops their heads near the end, wheather it be the FFortellers or some new guys, or a mix of both.
Also not really related, but I can't help but imagine Bill Cipher (from Gravity Falls) making a deal with sora to bring him back to life, and ends up possessing Sora like something out of Pet Cemetary. I would honestly imagine that's not too far out of the question for Bill to do.

SuperNova

Awards
If anything what Im expecting is the next bridge game to be DDD 2: Electric Boogaloo.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
With Union Cross being stupidly important, we really need a Re: Chi/Unchained X/Union Cross covering everything from all versions.

Hallowseve

We definitely need a game that details EVERY event from the different KHUX versions. There are so many important story tidbits and mysteries connected to KHUX and the Age of Fairytales. We know it's going to be super important going forward, so they should develop a game that completely fills us in.

Veevee

Awards
It'll be interesting what Nomura will do. If the next game does revolve around Ux stuff, will forever cash cow Ux be finished before the next game drops? Or do we continue playing cash cow in the slowest pacing ever possible, get another "real" game which ends in a cliffhanger which will again be "answered" in Re: cash cow x 0.001 until all of the scattered pieces ultimately lead us to KH4 in 2042?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If anything what Im expecting is the next bridge game to be DDD 2: Electric Boogaloo.
If the next entry is a side game--and we know it's going to be /sigh--I definitely hope we get another Riku-Sora dual scenario. I would totally be down for 3D 2.0, with the Drop system and the Dream Eaters returning. Wouldn't be too bizarre to fit the DEs in somehow considering that in Nomura's recent interview, he talked about how The Final World was connected to the realm of sleep.

Back