• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Spike Lee's Oldboy Remake

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I'm trying not to judge it too much as it may not be a good representative of the final product.

But I don't like it. Looks like a fan mock up. Seem to remember seeing a better one which is Josh Brolin's face screaming with twenty talllmarks drawn over it. Here it is

oldboy-unused-poster-3.jpg

I much prefer this one.

But we'll see. I'm not out yet.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm not really looking forward to it at all, but I'm trying to reserve judgement until I see the trailer.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not really looking forward to it at all, but I'm trying to reserve judgement until I see the trailer.
[video=youtube;ZrLcnrnEqyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrLcnrnEqyI[/video]

I try not to judge things based on what they are based on, however hard it becomes, though I mean I didn't even read the comic Oldboy was based on.

I'm more curious if it'll be the same ending or not.

I'm still interested in seeing it when it does come out, and I'll pinpoint all the differences and whatnot between the two movies, but I see myself enjoying it probably maybe.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
The weird thing is they are apparently adapting it closer to the manga than Park Chan-Wook's film.

But a lot of that trailer is straight up shot for shot of that film.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I see this being like the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo remake; a strong movie on its own merit and great for the mainstream audience, but not quite as good as the original.

Either way, the people involved in this are all amazing, and that's going to reflect in the movie, for sure.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I really didn't like the acting in the trailer, honestly. I have no idea how to feel about this adaption right now.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Seeing Brolin's character re-enacting the hammer fight makes me just think it isn't going to live up to the original. I know it's too early to judge the final product, but I just have a feeling he's going to end up superhuman during that scene.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I'm a huge fan of the original and I was fairly skeptical when this got announced. Having watched the trailer, despite having what seems like a good cast I still am fairly skeptical. I might watch it when it pops up on Netflix eventually just to see though.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
So instead of a reenactment of the tooth-pulling scene we've got what looks like a (possibly off-screen) throat slicing scene. ehhhhh

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
So instead of a reenactment of the tooth-pulling scene we've got what looks like a (possibly off-screen) throat slicing scene. ehhhhh

This and the new version of the hammer scene are the most off putting to me. The hammer in the dude's head just looks dumb, like in a Grindhouse way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back