• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spiderman villains for sure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: confirmed spiderman 3 villains

I wouldn't trust IMDb as nothing has seriously been confirmed. There's only speculation at this point. Best site to go to for proper news is http://www.superherohype.com .

Obviously that's Sandman. THC was rumoured to either be Sandman, Electro or Chameleon and we now know who he is.

As for Topher Grace - his role is still fairly unknown, but like I've said, there's is speculation that he may be playing Eddie Brock aka Venom. That doesn't necessarily mean Venom will appear, though. I heard some where that Venom will not be a villian while Sam Raimi is directing, so they may only set up the Eddie Brock character.

And it's obvious that James Franco (Harry Osbourn) will either be the new Green Goblin or possibly the Hobgoblin. Personally, I'm hoping for Hobgoblin. So how's that for you people? Three villians.

Lost Heaven said:
I thought Tobey Maguire said he wasn't going to do the 3rd Spiderman movie?
You obviously thought wrong. Tobey's contract finishes at three. Both Kirsten Dunst and Tobey have confirmed that they wont be returning for a Spider-Man 4.

S

Shadow Soldier

Johnny Stooge said:
As for Topher Grace - his role is still fairly unknown, but like I've said, there's is speculation that he may be playing Eddie Brock aka Venom. That doesn't necessarily mean Venom will appear, though. I heard some where that Venom will not be a villian while Sam Raimi is directing,

Fine if that must be.... Give me Carnage then..

Ryu

an obscene gesture

During an interview this weekend promoting Elizabethtown, Kirsten Dunst confirmed rumors to Zap2it that Thomas Haden Church will play Sandman and Topher Grace is Venom in director Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3, opening in theaters on May 4, 2007.

"We have really great people though as the villains in this film, Thomas Haden Church and Topher Grace -- Venom and Sandman," said Dunst, who plays Mary Jane Watson in the Spidey films.

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to say that," she added before reversing her claim. "It's the other way around. You're right," she conceded to a journalist.

Zap2it/Comingsoon.net

I don't think this can be considered officially confirmed, but I thought I'd show it to you people. It'd make sense if Venom would appear anyway; having his alter-ego in the movie, being Spiderman's worst opponent, and his story relating to Sandman's.

Anyway, it'd be very nice to see Venom in the third movie. Of course Carnage would be good too, but.. no Carnage without Venom. Venom gets to go first. <.<

Last edited:

sora's_soul125

And it's obvious that James Franco (Harry Osbourn) will either be the new Green Goblin or possibly the Hobgoblin. Personally, I'm hoping for Hobgoblin.
harry turns into the green goblin the same one his dad was "same personality" an actor i cant remember his namebecome the hob goblin

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

sora's_soul125 said:
harry turns into the green goblin the same one his dad was "same personality" an actor i cant remember his namebecome the hob goblin
Depends on what you're watching/reading. In the old 90's Spider-Man animated series, Harry became the second Green Goblin and another person became the Hobgoblin. I'm not too sure what happens in the Marvelverse, but in the Ultimate series of the comic, Harry becomes the Hobgoblin. He's exposed to the very same test his father went under to become the Green Goblin, but his transformation is differant.

Ryu said:
I don't think this can be considered officially confirmed, but I thought I'd show it to you people. It'd make sense if Venom would appear anyway; having his alter-ego in the movie, being Spiderman's worst opponent, and his story relating to Sandman's.
Well we've got John Jameson Jnr. and possibly Eddie Brock, so if Venom doesn't appear in S-M3 (I'm not saying he will.) expect him in 4.

Shadow Soulja said:
Fine if that must be.... Give me Carnage then..
Like Ryu already said, no Carnage without Venom. Carnage comes from Venom.

zero_cool

they can make so many spiderman movies this one should have venom than sm4 will have carnage

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com

Man i never liked Sandman. Vemon thats a given he has been wanted by everyone to make an apperance in a Spider-Man movie. Hobgoblin i could picture thats fine. but hey we got another 2 years for this movie so we'll see what changes

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective

I think Sandman was a poor choice for a villain. Venom isn't bad, but I would prefer more classic enemies, and it would be nice if Harry became Hobgoblin in this film. The very fact that Carnage came from the 90's era of Spider-Man (the worst time in Spiderman history) should tell you all how much he sucks. He's a horrible villain, and in the comic books he was killed in three panels. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but really Caranage is a low point in Spiderman history, but that's just my opinion.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!

I think SandMan might not have been a great villian for SM3.Venom,he would be better off by himself in SM3.Hobgoblin,is what Harry Osbourne will become in SM3,he won't become The Green Goblin but he will use his father's bomb's and flyer.IGN also talks about SM3 and says that those are the three villians for SM3.Also,there might be an Ultimate Spider-Man movie just so you know.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

zero_cool said:
they can make so many spiderman movies this one should have venom than sm4 will have carnage
Yes, they can make so many movies. But a little patience for a particular villian doesn't hurt. Especially one that's known and loved like Venom. If he's going to be given a movie debut, it should be done properly. That's why I don't really think he'll make it to S-M3.

... Still, I don't understand why everyone wants Venom to be the villian. "Thy should have used Venom!" is what my friend said when the first Spider-Man was released. I know he's great opponent for Spidey, but still...

Morpheaus said:
The very fact that Carnage came from the 90's era of Spider-Man (the worst time in Spiderman history) should tell you all how much he sucks. He's a horrible villain, and in the comic books he was killed in three panels. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but really Caranage is a low point in Spiderman history, but that's just my opinion.
But depending on who writes the movie, will depend on how Carnage is potrayed. Doc Ock was crazy from the start, but in S-M2 he starts off as a nice guy and later goes mad. And one of the things that is interesting about Carnage is that it takes both Spidey and Venom to take him down. And when Carnage refers to himself, he says "I". Unlike Venom, who refers to himself as "We" (Eddie Brock & Venom.).

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective

Johnny Stooge said:
But depending on who writes the movie, will depend on how Carnage is potrayed. Doc Ock was crazy from the start, but in S-M2 he starts off as a nice guy and later goes mad. And one of the things that is interesting about Carnage is that it takes both Spidey and Venom to take him down. And when Carnage refers to himself, he says "I". Unlike Venom, who refers to himself as "We" (Eddie Brock & Venom.).

Actually, there have been a few stories about Doctor Octavius being a good man. He was even engaged to Aunt May for a time. It also depends on which universe you're reading from. Ultimate Doc Ock kicks so much ass. He's the best portrayal of Doc Ock to date. I'm not really into Venom, he's a good villian yes, but too much of a fan-service character.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

zero_cool said:
they should atleast give an intro to eddie brock
That's what I'm saying. If Venom was a villian, S-M3 would have to deal with 3 differant origins and with one like Venoms, it just wouldn't work out too good. I believe Sandman and Hobgoblin will be the actual villians of the movie and Eddie Brock will have a part in the movie, but I can't see Venom showing up until the end of the movie or until S-M4. Just my opinion.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective

I do belive that a movie with Hobgoblin and Sandman would be pretty good. Hobgoblin would be like the main event villain, with a big build up to a final confrantion between two former friends. But Venom would just over-complicate the entire movie.

By the way, love the Gambit and Rogue sig, Johnny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back