• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spider-Man on Broadway (No, this is not a joke)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Believe it or not, Spider-Man now has his own Broadway musical.

Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark - Will open next year on Broadway's Hilton Theatre.

Now I laughed at this when I heard about it. However I was quick to shut my mouth when I read further on. This is big stuff. This is Directed by Tony Award-winner Julie Taymor with 22-time Grammy Award-winning Bono and The Edge creating new music and lyrics, among other big names. This doesn't seem to be a small time thing. Where's MARVEL going with this?

I'm quite skeptical as to how it will turn out, but I must say, I am still pretty interested in it. I'm going to keep close watch on the developments of this production.

The musical follows the story of teenager Peter Parker, whose unremarkable life is turned upside-down—literally—when he's bitten by a genetically altered spider and wakes up the next morning clinging to his bedroom ceiling. This bullied science-geek—suddenly endowed with astonishing powers—soon learns, however, that with great power comes great responsibility as villains test not only his physical strength but also his strength of character. Spider-Man's battles will hurtle the audience through an origin story both recognizable and unexpected--yielding new characters as well as familiar faces--until a final surprising confrontation casts a startling new light on this hero's journey.

Thoughts and input on the upcoming Broadway show?

Spider-Man On Broadway - Official Site

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I herd of this while back.. not sure how it will turn out. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Lol.

I can hear it now... xD

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Well... it ought to be interesting to see how this turns out... it's so bizzare it just might work... maybe. Either that or fail epicly.

Apollo

Silver Member
I heard of this a while ago. I'm sure it will be good, just a little stupid.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
this isn't the first time I've heard about this. I'm not sure if I want to see this, but to me it sounds like they ran out of ideas to put on broadway. as if Shrek isn't bad enough......
Wait Shrek is actually going on Broadway? I thought Gildragon was being sarcastic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back