• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speedrun Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
So I'm going for the Speedster, Unchanging Armor, and the Undefeated trophies all at the same time, and everything was actually going great. I only died twice (Hit "Load") and I was just doing decent for my first speedrun. I'm currently at five hours and forty nine minutes and I'm at the Riku 2 battle and It's the only boss I've had trouble with. I've honestly played against him 50+ times and I've tried everything. Does anyone have any strategy suggestions if you've tried for all three trophies at the same time?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The cut-off point is at 15 hours, right? If so, I would suggest you level up. You're already about 75% of the game and still have 9 hours to spare, which I think is a lot of time.

I have one question: what difficulty are you playing the game on?

Gram

Banned
Awards
I did all three at once and I'd say Solosis has the best advice you can have here. You have plenty of time left, use it to level grind a bit.
Rikunort is usually only a troll if your a bit under-leveled. (even more so with the addition of leaf bracer in the 1.5)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The best place to Level Grind is surely Olympus Coliseum, as firstly the enemies come to you and you do not need to run around so much. If you have unlocked the "choose opponent"-option for example you can fight Leon & Yuffie over and over, with EXP-Plus equipped this nets a nice round of EXP in relatively short time, especially when you continually deflect Yuffie's Shuriken back at her.
Not to mention that for finishing the Pegasus Cup you get the Strike Raid ability, which is a huge help in boss battles.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The best place to Level Grind is surely Olympus Coliseum, as firstly the enemies come to you and you do not need to run around so much. If you have unlocked the "choose opponent"-option for example you can fight Leon & Yuffie over and over, with EXP-Plus equipped this nets a nice round of EXP in relatively short time, especially when you continually deflect Yuffie's Shuriken back at her.
Not to mention that for finishing the Pegasus Cup you get the Strike Raid ability, which is a huge help in boss battles.

To avoid confusion, the ability in question is known as Tech Boost in the English copy.

I agree that prior to Rikunort battle, this is the best way to farm for EXP. Deflecting Yuffie's shuriken nets you 8 tech points, if memory serves me right. With one Tech Boost equipped, the amount of tech points you get will be multiplied by 2, and the multiplier will go up by 1 for each additional active Tech Boost. The most you can get to is x5 tech points since you can only learn four copies of the ability.

Also, it helps immensely to have Leon taken care of first thing. He can be a nuisance when still around. He shouldn't be all that hard to take out, and Ars Arcanum that you gained in Neverland should make a short work of him (which isn't a bad strategy to employ in the time trial challenge).

JaeTM

I just got these trophies last night and if you're playing on Beginner, you shouldn't need to level up. I barely fought any heartless and just leveled up on boss fights. Just use dodge roll to get behind him and get in a combo. Heal when you get to like 35-40 percent health, not when you're in red. Equip some elixers, which can help. Use Aero/Aerora if need be.

If you're on standard or proud, then I suggest leveling a little bit if you're having trouble.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Well here's Cyberman6's Pastebin notes for speedrunning KH1.5, if anyone's interested. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD (1.5) Speedrun Route - Ver 2.0 - Pastebin.com

As far as getting Speedster is concerned (I did Speedster/Unchanging Armor/Undefeated), if you're doing Beginner the only boss that should be problematic is Ansem.

I've never really understood why so many people have trouble with Riku-Ansem. To be honest, half the time I just mash X and I win.

But as others said, best course of action would be to grind a bit.

Sim

I ran into this problem too when I was completing my speedster run. As everyone else has said, take some time and grind up, and you should be good to go. Oh, and also, if you have the Leaf Bracer ability, it makes the late game bosses much easier, especially Riku. I'm pretty sure I got the ability in the mid-40's, but it might be different depending on which weapon you chose in Dive to the Heart. (I chose the staff myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back