• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speed sketch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Sketched from a photograph. Ballpoint pen. 45 minutes.

This was fun and challenging because she was upside down and because the pen forced me to be careful.

girldrawing.jpg

Here's the original photograph.

All sizes | Amanda | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
this is really good. one thing i'd suggest is working on using values better even if it's just a sketch. the eyes are a bit misplaced and awkward but great job o:

Subtly Inspiring
Wow i rarely see people sketch with a pen

i rarely see people sketch with pencil, they're just too messy.
pen is really the only way to go.

looks good, but seems a bit rushed. I think it would have helped to slow down. Also, instead of scribbling for value, try more deliberate strokes. Hatching or crosshatching would work if you have a steady enough hand. This is good, though, and shows a decent understanding of drawing concepts. I can see where there's a bit of warping in the pupils of the eyes, and again i'll reiterate that you should slow down and if you want to continue, i'd suggest picking up a micron or faber-castell pitt pen set and a bristol pad

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Actually yeah I wanted to pick up some sketching pencils and pens soon bc right now I just use crappy pens or mechanical pencil, haha. Pencil happens to be my favorite for the shading, however.

I know it's rushed, but I challenged myself to do it as quickly as possible, and then afterwards to see where I naturally focus on the most when I'm strapped for time, and see where I could improve.

I enjoy setting different "parameters" of challenge on my drawings to see what I can do to make it more interesting to me. Reminds me of my time when I would figure draw....I really enjoyed that...because they'd only give us 30 seconds, or 2 minutes, or 5 minutes to draw a human body pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back