• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Ven Will Disappear as Well?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I was reminded of the BbSV2 that never came to light other than a teaser of plot hooks. Although the game was canned, many of the concepts have certainly made their way into the series such as Aqua's mini story (0.2)

At the end of the teaser, Sora disappears from the Destiny Island tree (where he disappeared in KH3) and Ven disappears in his chair (in what is Castle Oblivion at the time)

Do you think there is more significance to this? Will Ven also disappear for some reason in Land of Departure? What could be the cause? Maybe their hearts are still linked and have an effect on him? Thoughts?

Chie

Awards
Huh.

I don't have any concrete thoughts but I think I've never actually seen this somehow.

It's weird that Riku on the tower at Neverland actually was shown in coded for some reason, and he reaches out to the round moon? Much like MoM with the heart in the KH3 ending? Is that still relevant? I still don't know the significance of the random scenes in that game, and Riku calls the memory a "hidden truth" before he shows it to Sora but then brushes over the question when Sora asks "why did you show me that?". Idk.

khkid

Awards
Huh.

I don't have any concrete thoughts but I think I've never actually seen this somehow.

It's weird that Riku on the tower at Neverland actually was shown in coded for some reason, and he reaches out to the round moon? Much like MoM with the heart in the KH3 ending? Is that still relevant? I still don't know the significance of the random scenes in that game, and Riku calls the memory a "hidden truth" before he shows it to Sora but then brushes over the question when Sora asks "why did you show me that?". Idk.
I hope Ven doesn't disappear cause that was my boy

Megavoltage

Awards
I remember reading convincing posts pre-KH3 about how all of the lengthy drama of villains searching years for Ventus must lead up to something important, the endpoint of that storyline must be Ven's possession or why bother spending so much time on it. Ventus vanishing in the Volume 2 teaser was supposed proof of the sad outcome with him joining Org 13 for the final confrontation. Since that didn't happen...

Could Ven's disappearance be connected to Sora going to Quadratum? Maybe after 11 years of heart connection Ven will eventually follow Sora even if unknowingly or a certain trigger event needs to happen to bring Ven over. Instead of yet another Sora & Riku game it would be real cool for Ventus to show up and help. Or Ven vanishing could be part of some journey to help his old world friends and/or part of a Master of Masters scheme?

Chie

Awards
Another thing about this after doing some additional research: Nomura would refer to the scenes featured in this trailer as "blank points", as in, disparate parts of the story that are blank that would need to be filled in. Most weren't! But that's how he always talked about it.

And now we have Missing Link, the game that promises to "connect all the mysteries up until now".

Kinda off-topic from Ven but just something I wonder about.

Megavoltage

Awards
And now we have Missing Link, the game that promises to "connect all the mysteries up until now".
Good point. KH4 is already about Sora trying to return home with Riku trying to help him, it also has the Final Fantasy 15 script being shoved into it. Kind of crowded. So, yeah, any subplots and mysteries about Ven probably will be revealed in Missing Link rather than KH4. Or maybe Ven will play a small but important role in KH4, like the armor moment in DDD.

khkid

Awards
I remember reading convincing posts pre-KH3 about how all of the lengthy drama of villains searching years for Ventus must lead up to something important, the endpoint of that storyline must be Ven's possession or why bother spending so much time on it. Ventus vanishing in the Volume 2 teaser was supposed proof of the sad outcome with him joining Org 13 for the final confrontation. Since that didn't happen...

Could Ven's disappearance be connected to Sora going to Quadratum? Maybe after 11 years of heart connection Ven will eventually follow Sora even if unknowingly or a certain trigger event needs to happen to bring Ven over. Instead of yet another Sora & Riku game it would be real cool for Ventus to show up and help. Or Ven vanishing could be part of some journey to help his old world friends and/or part of a Master of Masters scheme?t
the kh boys were so sexy

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If it means finally getting that damn scene of Kairi at the mansion then I'm all for it.

Megavoltage

Awards
If it means finally getting that damn scene of Kairi at the mansion then I'm all for it.
After Melody of Memory I assumed she'd hookup with Aqua and get right to training. Why would she visit Twilight Town?

Chie

Awards
After Melody of Memory I assumed she'd hookup with Aqua and get right to training. Why would she visit Twilight Town?
This "training" bullshit is really working out as intended if it gets fans to say "no, Kairi can't do anything but swing her keyblade at Aqua for an entire game, because she is Training" before the game even does.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If they drop the silly "training means staying one place" mentality, then Kairi would be venturing to other worlds to investigate, solve tasks, and train just like Sora, Riku, Roxas, Xion, Aqua, Terra, and Ven did before her.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Just as I read the title I immediately thought of that Volume 2 trailer.

Honestly, while I think there's a really good chance of it happening and it would be very interesting, I kinda doubt it. I think the Wayfinder trio is going to stay together for a while. I also don't think it'll happen because after KH3, afaik, they don't have their bond anymore. I presume both would have disappeared bc Ventus's heart was in Sora's, but now that that's not the case anymore...

khkid

Awards
Just as I read the title I immediately thought of that Volume 2 trailer.

Honestly, while I think there's a really good chance of it happening and it would be very interesting, I kinda doubt it. I think the Wayfinder trio is going to stay together for a while. I also don't think it'll happen because after KH3, afaik, they don't have their bond anymore. I presume both would have disappeared bc Ventus's heart was in Sora's, but now that that's not the case anymore...
whose the ghost girl?

Agroogrooiya

Awards
Well Sora did help retrieve Ven from CO/LoD, and thatvdirectly led to the final battle which in turn led to Sora's disappearance

Devy

Awards
What do you think is going to happen to Ventus, now that Lauriam and Elrena are complete again. How will that affect Ventus staying with the Wayfinder trio? Also, what effect do you think that would have on Strelitzia?

khkid

Awards
What do you think is going to happen to Ventus, now that Lauriam and Elrena are complete again. How will that affect Ventus staying with the Wayfinder trio? Also, what effect do you think that would have on Strelitzia?
Ven may become his own person like Roxas did

Back