• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation | Unchained X [Chi] will launch in Summer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxialstarOA

Hello there! So, i've been thinking about lately when will Unchained X [Chi] will come to the West, and I think I've an answer for that.

As you may know, Square Enix will hold a PRE-E3 conference where they will announce several things about their games and seems like Unchained X [Chi] could be one of the big things they will do in it. The thing is that watching the screens of Famitsu, I noticed that Mickey, Donald and Goofy were featured... now I know why. During KH X[Chi] anniversary, they appeared as a cameo , giving several missions to the player. Now you may wonder... why am I mentioning that? Well , the 2nd anniversary is 18th of July so ... I think that could be an indicator when Unchained will come out.

Pretty much the game can come out sometime between 15th of June-18th of July.

What do you think ?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Pretty much the game can come out sometime between 15th of June-18th of July.
It's possible. But judging by how Nomura wants χ [Chi] and Unchained χ to sort of complement each other by being unique experiences, but adding to the story of each other that builds up to Kindom Hearts III, I think Unchained might be released before PC χ [Chi]'s anniversary.

What do you think ? [/I][/CENTER]
Square has a tendency of releasing their mobile games about a week or so after they're announced. Tomorrow marks a week since Unchained χ was first unveiled. It's possible that, if by the end of this week it isn't released, it might be released during, before or after June 15.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I think the 2nd Anniversary of [chi] would be a nice release date for Unchained. On the other hand, if Unchained will also feature events (something we don't really know yet), this will be too late since launching the game simultaneously with such an important event is counterproductive, I'd say they will release it at least a month ealier.

Since they also created a web presence (the current teaser site) we won't see the release until it's filled with some content.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
if Unchained will also feature events (something we don't really know yet), this will be too late since launching the game simultaneously with such an important event is counterproductive,
Of course it'll feature events! It's Chi, but prepared for smartphones. Unchained Chi will have Chi's story, only with some plot differences here and there in order for them to complement each other.
And I think Chi's second anniversary will feature some new plot information, so releasing Unchained the same day isn't very productive, since Unchained will be released for the Japanese and international audience to play.

I'd say they will release it at least a month ealier.
My thoughts exactly. Like I said: if we don't get this by tomorrow, or the end of the week, we can expect it during the first days of June.

Since they also created a web presence (the current teaser site) we won't see the release until it's filled with some content.
They can just update the site the same day they release the game.

MaxialstarOA

Tomorrow marks a week since Unchained χ was first unveiled. It's possible that, if by the end of this week it isn't released, it might be released during, before or after June 15.

I doubt they will release so soon ... they were beta testing in America , so I guess at least a month is needed to finish translating and creating the chat server system the announced.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I doubt they will release so soon ... they were beta testing in America , so I guess at least a month is needed to finish translating and creating the chat server system the announced.

Clue here is that we don't know WHEN they started to beta-test it in the NA region, nor the work on the chat servers.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I doubt KHU will be released before E3. At the very least E3 is a big marketing opportunity for it. Would make more sense to release it then or after so they have the push of the NA announcement and excitement to lead to a lot of sign ups. I think if it was going to be released so soon after first announcing it in Famitsu, they would have included a release date with that announcement.

Also, addressing the "S-E releases mobile games a week after announcement" thing, Final Fantasy Record Keeper was first announced in July, then released in Japan in September, and wasn't released in NA until March. A big game like KHU would also likely take more than a week to be released from announcement.

JulyUmani13

The NA version does seems to have a likely chance of being released later on, perhaps after E3. The JP version seems to have a greater chance of releasing very soon, and with Chi having a devoted fanbase, won't be long before we get a possible APK pack. But of course, this is all speculation.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I doubt KHU will be released before E3. At the very least E3 is a big marketing opportunity for it. Would make more sense to release it then or after so they have the push of the NA announcement and excitement to lead to a lot of sign ups.
They can release the game and later make the announcement. They wouldn't want the servers to go down or something because of the mass of users trying to access it.

I think if it was going to be released so soon after first announcing it in Famitsu, they would have included a release date with that announcement.
They've been pretty secretive with this project. The day before it is announced the German branch of SE hints about Chi being released overseas. The day after they announce Unchained Chi and its pretty obvious that SE Germany wasn't going to announce a Japan exclusive title.

The NA version does seems to have a likely chance of being released later on, perhaps after E3. The JP version seems to have a greater chance of releasing very soon, and with Chi having a devoted fanbase, won't be long before we get a possible APK pack. But of course, this is all speculation.
I think they're trying to aim for a global release with Unchained Chi. It'll be a hassle to try and make events at different times for different servers.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Of course it'll feature events! It's Chi, but prepared for smartphones. Unchained Chi will have Chi's story, only with some plot differences here and there in order for them to complement each other.
I didn't mean in terms of event story (like it was done for the Crystals of Light event and the 1st Anniversary) but in terms of event gameplay, meaning special mission for defeating event Heartless.
Since at least the story is solved in stages instead of free-roaming in Unchained, there is a chance that the guilt mechanism and the events won't even make it into the game altogether, since those two things heavily rely on it.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I didn't mean in terms of event story (like it was done for the Crystals of Light event and the 1st Anniversary) but in terms of event gameplay, meaning special mission for defeating event Heartless.
Since at least the story is solved in stages instead of free-roaming in Unchained, there is a chance that the guilt mechanism and the events won't even make it into the game altogether, since those two things heavily rely on it.

I'm sure they'll think of something, seeing as how the party system will be in the game and the chat function, too.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
As much as I'd like Unchained as soon as possible, I think it'd be pretty hype if Square talked about it during their E3 conference and at the end were like, "Oh yeah, also, it's available right now so go download it."

Happened with the Battlefield Hardline beta and PT, so there's precedent, at least. Nomura's message also said that it wouldn't be long until the start of Unchained​'s service.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As much as I'd like Unchained as soon as possible, I think it'd be pretty hype if Square talked about it during their E3 conference and at the end were like, "Oh yeah, also, it's available right now so go download it."

Happened with the Battlefield Hardline beta and PT, so there's precedent, at least. Nomura's message also said that it wouldn't be long until the start of Unchained​'s service.

Although I'd personally would like them to release it now in May, it's better that they release it whenever they consider is the best moment.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I doubt KHU will be released before E3. At the very least E3 is a big marketing opportunity for it. Would make more sense to release it then or after so they have the push of the NA announcement and excitement to lead to a lot of sign ups. I think if it was going to be released so soon after first announcing it in Famitsu, they would have included a release date with that announcement.

Also, addressing the "S-E releases mobile games a week after announcement" thing, Final Fantasy Record Keeper was first announced in July, then released in Japan in September, and wasn't released in NA until March. A big game like KHU would also likely take more than a week to be released from announcement.

F2P games aren't exactly marketed like handheld/console games. It's in a separate entity. Usually there is little to no marketing on mobile titles. Mobius FF seems the exception, but it looks like effort was putting, not saying Unchained didn't have effort, but it's essentially a mobile port of a PC browser game with 2D graphics. If anything it will get released worldwide before or during E3 with it being slightly mentioned.

Chi isn't a good enough game to warrant the E3 hype. Ff it is... what a sad state of affairs at S-E

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
F2P games aren't exactly marketed like handheld/console games. It's in a separate entity. Usually there is little to no marketing on mobile titles. Mobius FF seems the exception, but it looks like effort was putting, not saying Unchained didn't have effort, but it's essentially a mobile port of a PC browser game with 2D graphics. If anything it will get released worldwide before or during E3 with it being slightly mentioned.

Chi isn't a good enough game to warrant the E3 hype. Ff it is... what a sad state of affairs at S-E

Square Enix is porting KINGDOM HEARTS χ[chi] to smartphones in order to cater to the international fandom for them to experience this game firsthand before playing KHIII because KH χ[chi] feature VERY important details that KH3 shall elaborate. THIS is why it should get mentioned in e3: it's an important game, and it they want to make KH Unchained χ[chi] profitable, then they want more and more people accessing them in order to increase the amount of microtransactions they want to receive. They have the time and opportunity to market it, why wouldn't they take advantage of that?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix actually do showcase quite a lot of mobile games during E3, though it has had a much weaker presence at their booth in recent years. IGN has an article about the mobile games presented at the Square Enix booth at E3 2012 if you're interested.

FF Agito even got a trailer last year playing on that gigantic LED screen, and who even knows what happened to that.

Of course it all depends on just how much progress they've actually made so far with Unchained, but it certainly wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to show it off, nor is it fair to dismiss it so easily with "I don't think it's not good enough", especially when you consider that the primary reason the game even exists is to release it in western territories.

Edit: whoops, typo

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Square Enix actually do showcase quite a lot of mobile games during E3, though it has had a much weaker presence at their booth in recent years. IGN has an article about the mobile games presented at the Square Enix booth at E3 2012 if you're interested.

FF Agito even got a trailer last year playing on that gigantic LED screen, and who even knows what happened to that.

Of course it all depends on just how much progress they've actually made so far with Unchained, but it certainly wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to show it off, nor is it unfair to dismiss it so easily with "I don't think it's not good enough", especially when you consider that the primary reason the game even exists is to release it in western territories.

My thoughts exactly. And the future is in mobile gaming and it's a very profitable market.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
And a future I really don't look forward too. The structure for mobile games are just bad. Don't sit there and be all excited for it

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
And a future I really don't look forward too. The structure for mobile games are just bad. Don't sit there and be all excited for it

Not ALL mobile games have the same structure. Not all mobile games are designed with microtransactions. There are traditional mobile games (free with microtransactions), and there are other types (one of them being ports of past games). There are already various iterations of game controllers that act as smartphone hardware. If the mobile market keeps increasing its userbase and profitability, one of these days we're gonna have home-console experiences on the palm of our hands.
And there will always be companies that will try to be unique and creative.

Awards
Though from what I hear about Chi about a solid amount of people spending $1000 I don't think it would trickle over to our market in a way where it could get that out of hand. The US MMO community is very big about balance. They wouldn't want the negativity from that streaming over to KH3. Though if the average player spends $20-80 that would be pretty reasonable for a title that carries the name Kingdom Hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back