• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Three Playable Storylines in KH4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

sdr27

Awards
I would love a game where you get to play as SRK and being able to switch the main playable character on the fly. Alot of people want a playable Kairi including me, sadly KH4 is looking to be focused squarely on Sora/Riku with DG somehow making their way there because main numbered title. Kairi being relegated to "training" offscreen shows us that there is little chance she's gonna be playable.
Keep in mind this is the first trailer like KH3, yes it does show a little more than KH3's first trailer. The next trailer will show a little more about the story, characters, and worlds. My only hope is they don't show too much.

kingdomhead#4

Awards
Okay, so I know this seems unlikely but hear me out: What if we have three playable storylines within KH4 focusing on Sora, Riku and Kairi, at the beginning? I could see it working somewhat like Dream Drop Distance, but you have more control of when you swap out, only being stopped at certain points if all the characters aren’t caught up, like how in DDD you’re forced to swap with Sora in Riku’s story if he hasn’t beaten Xemnas yet. Another way it could work is similar to how they did it in KH3, how they’d cut to playing Riku in between worlds.

People have been wanting a Kairi game since kingdom hearts 3, and with her going to start training with master Aqua at the end of the melody of memory, this could be a way to incorporate the standard Disney worlds on their side of reality, while Sora and Riku would have separate storylines within Quadratum, dealing with either Yozora or the Lost Masters. Maybe by the midpoint of the game is when Riku is able to reunite with Sora and bring him home and once they’re back, we could have a 5-person party(with Donald and Goofy of course) with the option to swap between the trio at will.

I fully admit it sounds a bit ambitious, but I’m curious to see what you guys think.
well i like the idea but the drop system is annoying so it could be like birth by sleep

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Ok, so the big problem with Kairi is that it is unlikely that KH4 would have character exclusive worlds. Unless Kairi is also going to VRland (& MoM went out of its way to shoot that down), her scenario would have to have a complete different set of worlds from the other 2. From a game development standpoint, that seems unlikely. In fact I think Nomura hinted KH4 would have less worlds than KH3 so that just ain't happening.

I would sooner believe a side game made by HAND starring Kairi.

Master Exin

Awards
Ok, so the big problem with Kairi is that it is unlikely that KH4 would have character exclusive worlds. Unless Kairi is also going to VRland (& MoM went out of its way to shoot that down), her scenario would have to have a complete different set of worlds from the other 2. From a game development standpoint, that seems unlikely. In fact I think Nomura hinted KH4 would have less worlds than KH3 so that just ain't happening.

I would sooner believe a side game made by HAND starring Kairi.
Where and when did he hint so exactly?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Where and when did he hint so exactly?

We saw Donald and Goofy in the Kingdom Hearts IV reveal, but one question a lot of fans have is how much will Disney still be integral to the series?

With regards to Kingdom Hearts IV, players are definitely going to see a few Disney worlds in there. I just want to mention that they don't need to worry so much about this aspect of the game. It might feel slightly different from previous Kingdom Hearts titles, but once players have had a chance to play the game, I'm sure they'll be relieved to find that it is definitely a Kingdom Hearts title. It’s the game series that they've come to know and love.

As far as the graphic qualities ... since with each new title, the specs have been really increasing and there's so much more we can do in terms of graphics, it kind of limits the number of worlds that we can create in a sense. At this time we're considering how to approach that, but there will be Disney worlds in Kingdom Hearts IV.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
So many people thought Kingdom Hearts 3 would be like this. I think it's safe to say the numbered entries will always have Sora playable for 95% of the playtime. But I would put money on something like Roxas/Mickey/Riku in KH2 and Riku/Aqua in KH3. Even KH1 had a playable Shadow Heartless (although it was Sora).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If they do DLC again for KH4 with actual new worlds this time that could give Kairi a playable segment.

Back