• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation | The new Battle System of Unchained X [Chi]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxialstarOA

Hi hi !

Here I come with another speculation thread !

This time the topic is the mysterious battle system of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X [Chi] that has been prepared for smartphones.

Let's see how the battle interface looks like :

37c0cc1f32e0755d237a3fbf46f8396a.png

As you can see, I've edited the image so we can focus on the elements of the interface.
First of I would like to start with the Trinity of Powers , which I believe works similar o same as KH X [Chi].

Red wins Green , Green wins Blue and Blue wins Red.

Funny, they used the same colours that they used for Terra, Ventus and Aqua... ( Eater Egg ? )

So , how does this translate in battle ? The player is using a Red Attack with Mickey's Medal and the Heartless has a Green Medal, so the Player will likely win this battle easily.

The only things that I haven't got clear are the next ones :

How does the Ability bar work ? It wasn't present on the KH X [Chi] PC version , so it's kind of strange... what is doing there ? Seems like the orange orbs seen in this next image are to fill that bar ( which is funny AGAIN , because they look like the orbs to fill the Drive bar in KH II ) :

006.jpg

Another thing that makes me wonder is if the battle system still works randomly like it's PC counterpart, which I believe it's not the case anymore.

In the PC version, the game paired 3 cards randomly to make combos to attack the Heartless. When you consume your cards you don't get them until your deck is over. In the Smartphone version there's only place for 5 medals which is strange, since the basics of the battle system of the browser version wouldn't apply right to this version. You would be able to make a 3 attack combo the first time, yes, but what about the second time ? There would be only 2 medals left and that seems really odd to me.

I think we'll be able to choose, but let's wait and see.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
How does the Ability bar work ? It wasn't present on the KH X [Chi] PC version , so it's kind of strange... what is doing there ? Seems like the orange orbs seen in this next image are to fill that bar ( which is funny AGAIN , because they look like the orbs to fill the Drive bar in KH II ) :
To my understanding, Nomura said we could battle the Heartless by tapping and slashing the screen. Perhaps by doing so we deplete the Ability Bar, and after defeating the Heartless we can replenish said bar with those orange orbs?

Another thing that makes me wonder is if the battle system still works randomly like it's PC counterpart, which I believe it's not the case anymore.
I have two ideas:
1.) The Medal-Wheel spins and lands on a random medal, you use the medal, the wheel spins again and lands on another medal.

2.) You choose the medal, but it deplenishes and you have to wait until it replenishes, so you select another medal.

To add to your speculation:

20kyp7r.png

It seems that card melding is making a return, seeing as how the stats of these medals are abnormally high for anyone to start with. Either that, or the medals level up with you.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
A full turn consists of a whole cycle. So using all 5 medals will lead to the enemy's turn. And you need to level up to be able to have enough deck cost to equip 5 medals. I don't think the wheel spins.

Anyway it's a smartphone game. The aim is to make the games simple and easy to understand.

And on topic of the game system, I'm still irritated that they are bringing in the material system for Keyblade upgrading.....us current players know that is a huge boring chore.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
A full turn consists of a whole cycle. So using all 5 medals will lead to the enemy's turn. And you need to level up to be able to have enough deck cost to equip 5 medals. I don't think the wheel spins.
Ahh, thanks for sharing. So I presume you'll start the game with a medal of each affinity, then as you battle Heartless, do missions and open chests, you can customize your Medal-Wheel so we can deal 1-turn finishers.

And on topic of the game system, I'm still irritated that they are bringing in the material system for Keyblade upgrading.....us current players know that is a huge boring chore.
Yeah, I've read of how boring it can get. Dxx

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Half of your medals will be from clearing missions, the other will be completely up to luck base on the draws. There will be various Keyblades with different affinity combinations for you to make the optimal deck.

In Chi, there are spots across every map where you have to click to collect materials. There are more than 30 kinds of materials and every level of Keyblade require different amounts of different kinds. All materials have their respawn time, so imagine needing 30 of a certain material that spawns every 8 hours and there is only 4 spots you can collect it. And that is for 1 level of 1 Keyblade. You can check the Keyblade guide here if you are interested.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Wow that sounds hella monotonous, I bet its safe to assume you can get materials faster if you pay to play.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Wow that sounds hella monotonous, I bet its safe to assume you can get materials faster if you pay to play.

I think I'll monetarily support the game by buying materials like once a week or so, hehe. xD This game needs all the cash support we can give it. xP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It'd be great if in Unchained X they could redo the materials system since it clearly doesn't really work well in the PC version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back