• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Star Wars in KH4 Trailer?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ZeVaine

Awards
inb4 Deathstar Heartless Final Boss, after you beat Emperor/Vader or their heartless.
Sora channels the friendship of the whole rebellion together
Sora blocks the Deathstar beam - SPAM X to push the beam back
Sora rides on a ship of some kind/keyblade armor rider thing, shoots at heartless in a Star Fox segment, flies inside the deathstar; clears the heartless core. (which we've already done in more than one Gummi mission)

The money writes itself.

lolol Also, Star Wars already has other planets/worlds, so that could get a little confusing.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I think…swap out Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King for one Marvel thing and a very grounded Pixar film. Or hahaha A Wrinkle In Time of all things hahaha

Beauty and the Beast didn’t deviate too much from the original, and TLK is absolutely bland and not even worth the time and resources.
Would Disney even allow Square Enix to have a commercial flop like A Wrinkle In Time into Kingdom Hearts, especially in a numbered entry? All of the Disney worlds that are in Kingdom Hearts were either box office successes, important to the legacy of Disney, or both.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Would Disney even allow Square Enix to have a commercial flop like A Wrinkle In Time into Kingdom Hearts, especially in a numbered entry? All of the Disney worlds that are in Kingdom Hearts were either box office successes, important to the legacy of Disney, or both.
I didn't think Disney would allow SE to use Star Wars until today so anything is possible lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Maybe it's not a Star Wars world? Maybe Quadratum is just heaped with things spanning across a variety of "unrealities" including the Star Wars universe?

If they don't do a Star Wars world, they could always have Star Wars things appear in Quadratum. Remember that there's apparently some sort of mech-war happening in Quadratum (according to Verum Rex), so maybe the AT-ST is being used by some other faction?

That’s possible, but I doubt it. Quadratum is only a city part of a larger world and we’ve seen nothing indicating there’s a massive forest area in the city. But it’s possible this is a location in the world beyond.

However, the simplest answer is that we’re getting a Star Wars world/zone considering the area looks exactly like Endor and has an object clearly from that universe. It’s not a guarantee and I’m open to other theories, but just think this is the most likely based on what we have in front of us.

Remember that Nomura said prior to KH3 that the Caribbean was a test to see if they could pull off live action worlds. From a visual and world design perspective, they certainly succeeded there. So it’s no surprise they now want to incorporate more live action properties. I’ve been saying this since the KH3 secret ending. Just didn’t expect Star Wars to be part of it.

Awards
Anyone who still wants Disney bossfights in this series needs to accept that Sith Lords and Marvel villains are among the last viable options for such. At this point a Vader fight is more likely to happen than even Hades.
There's more truth to this than you'd think.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Until we get a full on AT-ST appearing in a trailer or an appearance by a major Star Wars character, consider my expectations at a flatline. I’d rather this be an area that has significance to Yozora and/or the Nameless Star before go deciding it’s a full on Star Wars world. Maybe it’s a franchise in Quadratum the same way Verum Rex was in Toy Story and we see toys or keychains in a shop, that’d be fine.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Until we get a full on AT-ST appearing in a trailer or an appearance by a major Star Wars character, consider my expectations at a flatline. I’d rather this be an area that has significance to Yozora and/or the Nameless Star before go deciding it’s a full on Star Wars world. Maybe it’s a franchise in Quadratum the same way Verum Rex was in Toy Story and we see toys or keychains in a shop, that’d be fine.
It looks so uncannily like an ATST foot that anything else would an extraordinary coincidence. If say it were something related to the GIGAS mechs, then why abandon the color scheme for a dull grey? If its not a mech/robot at all, then what is an apparent piece of tech doing in the middle of nature?

It's no accident that foot was in the shot, they wouldn't let that slip their notice. They wanted the fans to catch on and start talking about it. Which would suggest it must be something recognizable for fan speculation to have something to go off on because there isn't much to say if its something new.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
It looks so uncannily like an ATST foot that anything else would an extraordinary coincidence. If say it were something related to the GIGAS mechs, then why abandon the color scheme for a dull grey? If its not a mech/robot at all, then what is an apparent piece of tech doing in the middle of nature?

It's no accident that foot was in the shot, they wouldn't let that slip their notice. They wanted the fans to catch on and start talking about it. Which would suggest it must be something recognizable for fan speculation to have something to go off on because there isn't much to say if its something new.
Prototypes of a Giga mech? Abandoned leftovers of previous models? There’s a lot we don’t know about Quadratum or how the GIGAS mechs started out, and I don’t want to go with what seems the obvious answer on this one.
If it does turns out it to be a full on AT-ST though, I will concede and eat my metaphorical hat.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean…it’s Endor(‘s moon). It looks exactly like SW Battlefront’s version of Endor, just with more warm hues.

If there was some sort of thing like it was just some trees, I’d get the doubt. But it is literally like…right there. And we are a month away from May the 4th and Celebration. It’s a bit early considering announcements are probably coming during the summer. The next best opportunity would be D23.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Sora exploring a different universe opens the door for Square Enix for so many possibilities. I’m like 99.9% sure there will be a Star Wars world.

the red monster

Awards
Never watched a star wars movie, but i think it could be fun world gameplay wise, do i don't mind.
next step is gonna be the addition of marvel, which i could see working with the realistic look KH4 is going for.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
That’s possible, but I doubt it. Quadratum is only a city part of a larger world and we’ve seen nothing indicating there’s a massive forest area in the city. But it’s possible this is a location in the world beyond.

However, the simplest answer is that we’re getting a Star Wars world/zone considering the area looks exactly like Endor and has an object clearly from that universe. It’s not a guarantee and I’m open to other theories, but just think this is the most likely based on what we have in front of us.

Remember that Nomura said prior to KH3 that the Caribbean was a test to see if they could pull off live action worlds. From a visual and world design perspective, they certainly succeeded there. So it’s no surprise they now want to incorporate more live action properties. I’ve been saying this since the KH3 secret ending. Just didn’t expect Star Wars to be part of it.
I'm not doubting that it is from Star Wars or hinting to a Star Wars world/section of the game.

I wonder if Nomura left that in on purpose because Star Wars would be the first world reveal?

I'm not sure how many live action worlds KH should cover. The Caribbean and The Grid were interesting locations for visuals, but how many other live action films can give us that? Especially over DISNEY's bread and butter animated films that we came to KH to play? I rather roam the animated version of The Pride Lands versus the live action version.

Awards
I don't necessarily believe there will be a Star Wars "world". I think there will be locations, characters, and elements from the series integrated within Quadratum.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't necessarily believe there will be a Star Wars "world". I think there will be locations, characters, and elements from the series integrated within Quadratum.
idk, I feel like the dialogue hinted that if Sora leaves Quadratum, he will end up in a new world and not the one he’s trying to get back to. To me this sounds like at some point he’ll leave Quadratum and find himself in a new reality beyond Quadratum. And that could be SW’s galaxy, and when he leaves that one, he’ll be in another world, and it’ll be this chain of not being able to go backwards and ending up in different realities (at least until he figures it out and learns how to traverse realities freely so we as the player can revisit these places lol).

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Despite being a Star Wars fan myself, I never wanted it in Kingdom Hearts. For a number of reasons but I've been preparing myself for it because it felt inevitable. If Star Wars is in, I'll be forced to accept it. Don't exactly agree with it but I won't rant and whine about it. I just hope they don't use the live action remakes of Disney movies. That I would rant and whine about lol.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
To be fair KH2's Pride Lands basically preempted the live action movie in being a barren and soulless retread. The real question for KH fans is how badly do they want to see Lion Sora with his new hairdo.
Well I meant that in KH3 style graphics, I would rather see the animated version of The Pride Lands than the realistic version in the "live action" CGI film.

There's very few live action films that have worlds that would be more visually interesting than the animated films. The Caribbean worked because it was live action, so it felt different from Destiny Islands (which we also did not visit in KH2). Who would want to explore the live action Cave of Wonders over a properly done Cave of Wonders from the film?

Maybe Beast's Castle and Underland may be the only ones that I might like to explore visually, but honestly I rather explore an animated world. There's just something more magical about that.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
idk, I feel like the dialogue hinted that if Sora leaves Quadratum, he will end up in a new world and not the one he’s trying to get back to. To me this sounds like at some point he’ll leave Quadratum and find himself in a new reality beyond Quadratum. And that could be SW’s galaxy, and when he leaves that one, he’ll be in another world, and it’ll be this chain of not being able to go backwards and ending up in different realities (at least until he figures it out and learns how to traverse realities freely so we as the player can revisit these places lol).
The more I think about it the more I get to the suspicion that this is exactly how will play out.
Sora will start to try and find a way back to his own reality or "universe" where all his friends and loved ones are yet ends up in completely different other universes each with their own rules in place.
Like classic Sci-fi/fantasy Dimension hopping.

Would be more or less just another layer/level above the whole "each world has its own time flow and rules" within the proper "original" KHverse Sora hails from, with this universe which includes the KH original worlds + most of the classic Disney worlds being just one of many.

With that premise, it would indeed be possible to eventually get a connection to the actual Final Fantasy universe, including possibly the Dissidia-part.
Even franchises like Marvel, LotR and similar would be possible in theory as they would be their own universes/realities.

Despite being a Star Wars fan myself, I never wanted it in Kingdom Hearts. For a number of reasons but I've been preparing myself for it because it felt inevitable. If Star Wars is in, I'll be forced to accept it. Don't exactly agree with it but I won't rant and whine about it. I just hope they don't use the live action remakes of Disney movies. That I would rant and whine about lol.
I feel ya because I'm more or less the same.
I'm a huge Star Wars fan myself yet I am also one of those very skeptical of it being included in KH, although as I stated earlier in this thread an inclusion without much impact on the actual Star Wars Universe is possible and if KH now goes the route of multiple different universes aka realities it makes the whole issue more acceptable.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I’m really not a fan of the idea.😖SW is just too big. We already have fun little tidbits like Mark Hamill, and Biggs and Wedge in Twilight Town, but I really wouldn’t be thrilled with the idea of talking to Luke (or Ray) in a franchise that already has a huge traction of its own.

Back