• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Star Wars in KH4 Trailer?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I personally have always been against Star Wars and Marvel being in Kingdom Hearts, just because I don't consider them true Disney properties since they weren't created by them. However, after seeing the look of KH4, and the fact that Quadratum is "unreality", I'm more accepting of it. I just really hope if they are integrated, that they are tastefully done and not just thrown in there for fan service.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The forest is kind of stretch. But the picture with the "foot" or whatever, possibly. God, I hope not. To be honest, I thought the picture with the "foot" was simply a close-up on the river from the previous picture and there was nothing in that picture other than rocks, but I suppose not.

I can imagine Disney pushing Star Wars and Marvel into the game. At this rate, actual Disney content will be 20% of the game and FF or SE 0.05%, with Marvel, Star Wars, FOX, PIXAR and re-purposed XIII crap taking up the rest of the space. What a complete trainwreck this series is becoming.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Does everyone think they're gonna "chose" films to retell or just have it take place in the SW universe without actually telling the "SW Saga"?

Because if they're gonna just have it be a superficial retelling of one SW film then it's gonna be a disaster. I really don't think they'll make that mistake again. Especially after making it so many times before KH3, and after the course correction of many KH3 worlds not being director adaptations.

If it's going to work, it'll be a slice of life vignette of one tiny part of the SW universe. I really doubt they're going to do the whole KH1 origin story redux thing. At least I really hope they won't.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
That is why I hope if Star Wars is included, it is not going to involve one of the major movie plots or too many recognizable faces. Maybe a few, but not the whole cast.

Elysium

Awards
I just want SW in Kingdom Hearts to end all those terrible “it won’t work with Kingdom Hearts” takes.

Newsflash, the premise of this franchise is colliding worlds that don’t match.
It won't change that whether it's forced in or not. I still don't think PIXAR worlds fit in KH and there were, what, two of them in KH3?

The premise of this franchise was a Disney / FF crossover.

Chie

Awards
I'm sorry to inform you of this, but the movies that are called "Disney movies" today are not made by any of the same people who made the "Disney movies" KH1 crossed over with.

Elysium

Awards
The same people who made the Disney films from the '70s through the '00s weren't the same as the ones from the '30s through the '60s either. Something like Beauty and the Beast still sits well beside Pinocchio. So what?

Juxshoa

Awards
Just to throw in my 2 cents; I have been trying to post this info on the KH 20th Anniversary video but they keep getting deleted...take what you will of that but this is basically like Nintendo taking down credible leak videos.

Elysium

Awards
Uh... Fighting a bunch of characters I don't know is not going to have any value like Dragon Maleficent or Dr. Facilier would... I'd rather fight Heartless.
If Star Wars can make it in Kingdom Hearts, then I'm off on a journey to convince Nomura that the Muppets can also appear too. :ROFLMAO:

If we're going down this road of KH being identity-less, I hope Disney buys WB eventually for HP to end up in this. I read the LOTR rights were up recently, too. I'd take either one of those over SW, Marvel, or PIXAR. Avatar or The Wizard of Oz would be alright, I guess. At least The Wizard of Oz is something similar to Disney's animated properties as far as having an innocent, classic, fairy tale quality. It's also like Disney animated films in being something nearly everyone's seen and knows how it goes.

Chie

Awards
The same people who made the Disney films from the '70s through the '00s weren't the same as the ones from the '30s through the '60s either. Something like Beauty and the Beast still sits well beside Pinocchio. So what?
So it means absolutely nothing what megacorp brand they slap on the movie. It's all advertiser magic.

The selection of worlds in KH1 was significant, but not because they were Disney, that was just a convenience that Disney happened to make so many movies based on fairy tales, children's literature, mythology, etc. We have already long-abandoned this premise and turned into a Disney brand (what does Big Hero 6 signify? Frozen?).

If you want coherency in the crossover choice, it would be better to ditch Disney and just start doing our own original versions of fairy tales and literature that Disney hasn't felt like touching.

NemesisSP

Awards
As a Star Wars fan, I'd rather they didn't try to do any Star Wars related content outside of maybe small cameos and not actual worlds.

LucasFilm and the license is a mess right now anyway. And it wouldn't be in the best interest of any company to try and get in on that. Especially with how completely restrictive they'd no doubt make using the SW and Marvel properties.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think the main difference is in the art style and designs.

Older Disney features like Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland & co. while having their own style are still 2D hand-drawn stuff just like classic era features of the 80s and 90s like Aladdin, Hercules, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King etc.

Stuff like Toy Story, Big Hero 6, Frozen etc. are all 3D computer animated stuff that has no relation anymore to the old classic stuff.

Star Wars on the other hand is a mix of 3D computer animated stuff and actual live action feature, so it is closest to Pirates of the Caribbean if one wants to bring up a comparison with material already featured in KH.

Like I said earlier, Episode VI is probably the part of the SW Universe that can be included as a single "window peek" with no further strings attached in KH and as Spockanort said, will probably an one-time visit only with Sora probably taking a role of more of a tag-along kid or spectator rather than being center stage in actual Star Wars events.
He'll probably work together with Han, Leia, Chewbacca and Luke, possibly flying a leased X-Wing Fighter in the actual space battle and face off against the Emperor and Vader together with Luke during the finale of the world.
The Emperor and Vader are also somewhat fitting examples themewise though for Sora to get examples of villains that are redeemable and those that aren't.
And in terms of the actual scale of evilness as well as power I'd say that Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious outperforms even Xehanort by vast degrees.

On the Star Wars side itself it is most likely a given that they will treat the whole Kingdom Hearts episode as completely non-canon to the Star Wars Lore itself.
Since the Star Wars fanbase/fandom is also a highly toxic one I do expect quite some shitstorms brewing if a "convuluted kiddie show" with stupid anime kids working alongside annoying Disney animals dares to touch/incorporate Star Wars.

Elysium

Awards
The selection of worlds in KH1 was significant, but not because they were Disney, that was just a convenience that Disney happened to make so many movies based on fairy tales, children's literature, mythology, etc.
The reason most Disney films fit alongside one another is because of brand coherence that supercedes whoever's making any particular film. It wasn't just a coincidence or something out-of-the-blue, lol. Frozen fits fine alongside every other fairy tale Disney's done. Probably the only thing you could argue separates it is it being 3D.

On the Star Wars side itself it is most likely a given that they will treat the whole Kingdom Hearts episode as completely non-canon to the Star Wars Lore itself.
Since the Star Wars fanbase/fandom is also a highly toxic one I do expect quite some shitstorms brewing if a "convuluted kiddie show" with stupid anime kids working alongside annoying Disney animals dares to touch/incorporate Star Wars.

lol I don't follow that fandom, but Lord... Even many of KH fans hate the Disney side of things, so I wouldn't be surprised if SW fans do, too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As a Star Wars fan, I'd rather they didn't try to do any Star Wars related content outside of maybe small cameos and not actual worlds.

LucasFilm and the license is a mess right now anyway. And it wouldn't be in the best interest of any company to try and get in on that. Especially with how completely restrictive they'd no doubt make using the SW and Marvel properties.
Is it? Because I thought with Visions, it showed a willingness to be more open with the IP when it comes to Japanese talent adapting or spinning off ideas from the series.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Is it? Because I thought with Visions, it showed a willingness to be more open with the IP when it comes to Japanese talent adapting or spinning off ideas from the series.

Yea, Visions is a way to view Star Wars through the interpretations and takes of several anime creators which they greenlit to be produced.

It's advertised as a way to celebrate Star Wars from different viewpoints, they are however considered completely non-canon to the actual Star Wars Universe, something I expect the events and characters included in KH to be as well.

NemesisSP

Awards
I would typically tend to agree, but I've followed the complete trainwreck of business practices with the brand under Disney. There are a few flukes here and there and some hidden gems, but for the most part, Disney has done nothing but play things safe, especially in the spin-off material that might dare to include Luke, Han, Leia and any of the major film characters.

As for why we SW fans would dislike it? Technically, if it gave us a good story with Luke as a party member, maybe even helping train Sora to become an even better fighter and having a great dynamic and chemistry with him, we'd jump all for that. One of my favorite elements from the old continuity was Grand Master Luke and his New Jedi Order, where he took his niece and nephews under his wing and helped to train them, not just to become Jedi, but just to become better people in general.

That'd be the kind of dynamic I'd like to see. Two paragons working together. But I'm pretty sure that's not what we'd get and we'd no doubt get a lackluster story that wasn't allowed to take any chances either.

Back